Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/474188805541748736

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/737722443482189824

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

babypolis posted:

this election is not a race. hillary clinton is not a competitor, shes an spectator like the rest of us. no one but trump can affect the outcome of this election

the whole world waiting with bated breath as we explore exactly how loving stupid the orange baby and america are

I am struggling to see how Trump's not trapped. He can dominate the news cycles, but he has to sacrifice mainstream appeal to do so. If he wants mainstream appeal - and he'll need it once people start thinking about the presidency instead of whether they're entertained - he'll lose his ability to dominate the news.

I know what you mean, but I just don't see a way forward for Trump - I'm starting to suspect that he's the only one who can't affect the outcome of this election. There are some things that could happen that might swing it one way or another, but it strikes me that he's very limited in his own ability to broaden his appeal.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

rakovsky maybe posted:

No that was Grover I think.

it was grover. cant find any of the actual posts but sheng-ji yang made a thread in 2014 for making fun of grover and posted the actual thing he said at the bottom of the first page

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689852&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post439357379

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Consummate Professional posted:

Is Kristol the dumb rear end in a top hat who wrote that bullet point list about the Iraq invasion that was like "length: 2 weeks dead civilians: less than 100"? If not gently caress whoever that guy was

whoever it was was the pied piper of the lovely little town in nc i lived in at the time.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

William Bear posted:

His name was Jeff Gannon aka Johnny Blaze the male prostitute. His cover was blown when he was able to ask a question of the President himself!

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2005/06/gannongate200506

This Gannon guy is great, both as a person and as an example of the media's ability to descend into self parody.

Bill Buckner
Aug 14, 2005
If Trump loses does he still get to be entombed with all his vanquished rivals?

I wanna see Jeb get sealed into a giant golden pyramid.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Hillary/Warren vs. Trump/Sessions would be a battle for the ages.

And Hillwar will win and MRAs will :qq:

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 31, 2016

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Seriously though Tamriel Rebuilt is like that loving crazy horse statue

It's never going to get done! Just stop trying!

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 20:22 on May 31, 2016

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mirthless posted:

some people treat modding as a hobby :shrug:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Darkman Fanpage posted:

some people treat modding as a hobby :shrug:

Who takes on a project like this as a hobby?

They've been at this for ten years and they're 2/3rds done with Morrowind, half of which was already in the game when they started

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Ahh yes, Senator Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, the man who couldn't get confirmed by the Senate for a federal judge post because he's too racist. That will be a good Trump VP.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Mirthless posted:

is that poo poo still not done? it doesn't look any different from when i saw it like 10 years ago :psyduck:

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

FAUXTON posted:

You laugh but the Amero was totally a thing, PIERS

mlmp08 posted:

Don't worry, I read on RT that both Iraq and Libya got hosed up because the west wouldn't be able to handle all that gold currency. Ron Paul secret Libyan.

edit: actually, even RT didn't report this as fact. They just did a lot of "just asking questions" and "some say" about it. So lol.

rt about as useful as any other major media source, it just seems more confrontingly biased because that bias is so far from what youre accustomed to

but ok no rt
shall we try it straight up from the clinton email leaks?

http://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/110402-France-client-gold-State-Dept.pdf

quote:

It is understood that France has clear economic interests at stake...

Qaddafi has nearly bottomless financial resources to continue indefinitely, according to the latest report we have received:

According to sensitive information available to this these individuals, Qaddafi's government holds 143 tons of gold, and a similar amount in silver. During late March, 2011 these stocks were moved to SABHA (south west in the direction of the Libyan border with Niger and Chad); taken from the vaults of the Libyan Central Bank in Tripoli.

This gold was accumulated prior to the current rebellion and was intended to be used to establish a pan-African currency based on the Libyan golden Dinar. This plan was designed to provide the Francophone African Countries with an alternative to the French.franc (CFA).

Source Comment: According to knowledgeable individuals this quantity of gold and silver is valued at more than $7 billion. French intelligence officers discovered this plan shortly after the current rebellion began, and this was one of the factors that influenced President Nicolas Sarkozy's decision to commit France to the attack on Libya.

"but lol gold like ron paul what a conspiracy why dont u tell us about the reptoids next :shepface:"

but pls by all means keep lining them scalps up for me

Bullfrog posted:

look at all this vile, leftist ""virtue signalling""

ok yes and

rakovsky maybe posted:

I read them, and appreciate the effort posting in this garbage fire thread.

mutual admiration society :hfive:

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

rakovsky maybe posted:

Actually putting your money where your mouth is is the exact opposite of virtue signaling. You don't seem to understand the concept.

throwing a press conference to prove how generous you are to a massive media audience while running a vanity campaign = no virtues signalled

writing a facebook post to your 58 friends = fukkin libs :smug:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Mirthless posted:

Who takes on a project like this as a hobby?

They've been at this for ten years and they're 2/3rds done with Morrowind, half of which was already in the game when they started

some people buy lovely old cars and think they'll eventually restore them to pristine condition. few do!

Darkman Fanpage fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 31, 2016

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

logikv9 posted:

is that poo poo still not done? it doesn't look any different from when i saw it like 10 years ago :psyduck:

I can't tell if you're talking about the crazy horse statue or tamriel rebuilt, but either way the answer is "No, it's still not done, and little to nothing has changed"

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
no one is say it isnt virtue signaling idiot everything trump does is signaling

also point of order, can someone explain the spelling difference between signaling and signalling to me because i see them both used and i dont understand

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

as halfway crooks posted:

glad to hear you enjoy them, let me know if you have any questions

dang thats a good comeback

but seriously your posting has only gotten more and more unhinged

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

Ahh yes, Senator Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, the man who couldn't get confirmed by the Senate for a federal judge post because he's too racist. That will be a good Trump VP.

gotta shore up that black vote!

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine
iraq war = they threatened us! bush! bad war!
libya war = they threatened themselves! obama! good war!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

babypolis posted:

dang thats a good comeback

but seriously your posting has only gotten more and more unhinged

Let's be honest: all of our posts have become more and more unhinged. And who could blame us?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
sessions as vp will actually be a genius move, because lol nothing matters

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

it was grover. cant find any of the actual posts but sheng-ji yang made a thread in 2014 for making fun of grover and posted the actual thing he said at the bottom of the first page

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3689852&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post439357379

Lmao god bless. For someone reason I thought someone in the real world wrote that

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Sean Hannity is calling Billy Kristol "Cry Baby Kristol". Like thats his new nick name for him I guess.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Oh man has the "look guys Gaddafi was actually cool and good so obv what Clinton pushed for was awful so she should be criticized for it" insane person argument broken Dem thread containment?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Epic High Five posted:

Oh man has the "look guys Gaddafi was actually cool and good so obv what Clinton pushed for was awful so she should be criticized for it" insane person argument broken Dem thread containment?

yep

move that chat over to the dem thread and stop making GBS threads up the lobby of the GOP Trump Thread

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/737725023960608768
https://twitter.com/KatyTurNBC/status/737722323156008960

judge unsealed documents

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Joementum posted:

I hope you know that the particular care you take in typing his whole name every time is no less fearmongering or alarmist than people who pronounce every syllable in "Barack Hussein Obama" or "Gonzalo Curiel".

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Yep opposing aggressive foreign wars and the murder of innocent children abroad is now some sort of lunatic position, you got it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

rakovsky maybe posted:

I hope you know that the particular care you take in typing his whole name every time is no less fearmongering or alarmist than people who pronounce every syllable in "Barack Hussein Obama" or "Gonzalo Curiel".

I'm sorry that your parents named you Rakovosky Beauregard Hussein.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Joementum's canny political instincts once again correctly identify which way the winds are blowing.

Trump/Sessions would be something special

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

mannerup fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 31, 2016

as halfway crooks
Mar 7, 2007

by Shine

logikv9 posted:

yep

move that chat over to the dem thread and stop making GBS threads up the lobby of the GOP Trump Thread

im done now but also that thread sucks and its actually relevant to this one

"Donald Trump reveals his isolationist foreign-policy instincts"
http://www.economist.com/blogs/democracyinamerica/2016/03/aipac-and-foreign-policy

"Donald Trump’s new foreign policy is repackaged isolationism"
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b73592ec-0d53-11e6-ad80-67655613c2d6.html

economist and ft, official standard-bearers for a certain class of interest

no one knows what he would do and maybe (probably) its "bomb them and take their oil" but a lot of round-lensed spectacle wearing very serious foreign policy people and portfolio managers are scared shitless that we might not do so many wars under a trump presidency

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Newt!

*click!*

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

paranoid randroid posted:

ok yeah sure, dont get me wrong, please do feel free to waste time and money on California and Minnesota

but why would you

I have been saying for months that Minnesota is trump country. It is a state of white folks who have to deal with ISIS in their midst, how the gently caress can it not go for Trump?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Trump couldnt even win Minnesota in the primary. they went for Rubio of all people.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Yes, making a guy named Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III his VP is gonna help Trump big time with the whole "racism" thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

My Imaginary GF posted:

I have been saying for months that Minnesota is trump country. It is a state of white folks who have to deal with ISIS in their midst, how the gently caress can it not go for Trump?

I think it's cool how the only people that think traditionally blue states are going to go red this cycle are Trump supporters. Please by all means set yourself up for disappointment, it'll make the election night breakdowns that much better.

Realistically I'd expect the toss-up states like Florida and Ohio to flip back to red but it won't be enough. Somebody on here said that Oregon is at play which is a hearty lol and shows how delusional people are.

• Locked thread