Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

You Stupid Bitch 26
JAP Battle 29

imo all american votes should be discounted because between this and their election they've proven to be untrustworthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EmmyOk posted:

You Stupid Bitch 26
JAP Battle 29

imo all american votes should be discounted because between this and their election they've proven to be untrustworthy.

we haven't even had our election yet jabroni

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

JakeP posted:

we haven't even had our election yet jabroni

Sometimes I feel like you don't deserve one.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I can't wait to Vote Trump so he can Make America Great again like it once was :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

You Stupid Bitch 26
JAP Battle 29

But I'm American

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

But I'm American

Don't worry I plan to keep adding criteria until only my vote counts

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm British and JAP Battle rocks

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

JAP Battle is fine but if you think it's better than Stupid Bitch you should light yourself on fire because that's a better use of oxygen.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm deliberately not posting my opinions of the songs until the end of the tournament.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You Stupid Bitch is great but it doesn't have mad sick flow enough to beat JAP Battle IMO

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Ahh, it's so close! 29 - 30.

Stupid Bitch deserves to win

(that sentence sounds just awful out of context)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Everyone get out there and vote!

Unless it's for JAP battle then you can just gently caress the gently caress off.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
:siren:THE FINALS:siren:

So, the finals. Did you Settle for Me, or (Oh My God) did you Think You Liked Him?
In a score of 41 to 26, Settle For Me has made the finals!

And, considering its popularity, and the fact that there was a concentrated voting effort for it, it's obviously facing You Stupid Bitch, right?
WRONG! In a score of 34 to 33, JAP Battle has made it to the finals! One person's vote made all the difference in this!

Vote here!
http://goo.gl/forms/nlS0T5bxGhPOytFp1

Losers Bracket:

Oh My God I Think I Like You
I'm A Good Person

You Stupid Bitch
Feeling Kinda Naughty

Vote Here:
http://goo.gl/forms/KKg9NJGVGoL4BXbV2

Current Standings:
http://challonge.com/cxgbestsong

Senerio fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Jun 3, 2016

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Cool it's gonna come down to a competition between my two favorites, I wouldn't have it any other way

:negative:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Everyone should kill themselves imo

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Life imitates art because the thread got so close to doing everything right and than just loving ruined everything like a loving dumb idiot at the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1DCoGCVUxY

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 3, 2016

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hooray for correct decisions! Now just gotta get it past the dumb butt Astaire song

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd like to thank Forums User Kaizoku for providing the final battle image on zero notice!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Escobarbarian posted:

Hooray for correct decisions! Now just gotta get it past the dumb butt Astaire song

<pause>

Let's pretend you didn't say that. Settle for me, come on now SETTLE FOR ME! :smug:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Settle for me never really did anything for me. It's a good song I guess, and some lines are funny, but I am just not a fan of the era it's based on.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

JAP Battle poised to take the crown, but never fear Emmy, I'm sure You Stupid Bitch will win the losers' bracket :smuggo:

Also Senerio thank you for putting this all together!

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Gonna vote for Settle For Me in the final now. Also thanks Senerio this has been fun.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Thanks, it was quite fun to run! Especially once we got down to an easily manageable number of competitors (I didn't realize what I was in for when I was reporting the results of each individual match).

After the finals, we're gonna have a vote for the finals of the Loser's Bracket, which will be a full week, and then we'll have a week where the winner of the tournament faces off with the winner of the Losers Bracket.

Oh, and for reference, there were two songs that were left off of this poll because I forgot one song and its reprise were in the show, so I replaced a reprise I put in mostly as a joke (and also to simplify the bracket) with the original version.

This is why you weren't able to vote for You're a Good Person or the Crazy Ex Girlfriend Theme (Paula and Scott edit.)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Senerio posted:

Crazy Ex Girlfriend Theme (Paula and Scott edit.)

we were robbed

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Loser's Bracket = Actual Winner's Bracket

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Air is lava! posted:

Settle for me never really did anything for me. It's a good song I guess, and some lines are funny, but I am just not a fan of the era it's based on.

Settle for it

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If we were to judge just by comedic value JAP Battle would obviously win. Settle for Me has like 5 funny lines while JAP Battle has like 7 times that.

Also if we were judging by the video.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Escobarbarian posted:

If we were to judge just by comedic value JAP Battle would obviously win. Settle for Me has like 5 funny lines while JAP Battle has like 7 times that.

Also if we were judging by the video.

There's something incredibly sticky about Settle For Me -- I always get it stuck in my head for hours, even if I haven't listened recently. I do think it's the best.

JAP Battle is a worthy alternative, though.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh my God you people and your wrong opinions.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Asiina posted:

Oh my God you people and your wrong opinions.
All the songs suck. This show is boring, unfunny and stupid like anything on the CW. Also, the main actress is fat and ugly and can't even sing.

Do you prefer that one? It's certainly the most common one.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
How dare anyone compare this show to the rest of The CW's output. That's so insulting

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Air is lava! posted:

All the songs suck. This show is boring, unfunny and stupid like anything on the CW. Also, the main actress is fat and ugly and can't even sing.

Do you prefer that one? It's certainly the most common one.

That's not true. The most common opinion is "What are you even talking about?"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Just started the show and goddamn is it entertaining. I would have never thought to watch it if it wasn't for this forum.

Detective Eyestorm
Jan 6, 2012
I'm kind of preaching to the choir here, but I just saw Rachel Bloom live tonight, and I'd strongly recommend seeing her if you have the chance! She did a mixture of songs from the show and other songs she's written, and her standup between the songs was hilarious. I waffled on going, but it was so, SO worth it.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Detective Eyestorm posted:

I'm kind of preaching to the choir here, but I just saw Rachel Bloom live tonight, and I'd strongly recommend seeing her if you have the chance! She did a mixture of songs from the show and other songs she's written, and her standup between the songs was hilarious. I waffled on going, but it was so, SO worth it.

Yeah, she was AMAZING tonight. And her big finale was You Stupid Bitch.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
More losers bracket!

HEY GOOD NEWS!

Oh My God I Think I Like You
You Stupid Bitch

Losers Bracket Semi-Finals:
http://goo.gl/forms/yVW9QnbfENUzKUeC2

Bracket:

Also:
:siren: Rachel Bloom will be on Lip Sync Battle on 6/16! :siren:

Heres Hank
Oct 20, 2008
SoCal goons, the wife and I are going to be in Anaheim this summer and we're thinking of going to West Covina for pretzels. Is there a go-to pretzel place that particularly relates to the show?

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

just buy the biggest one you can find

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
THE RESULTS ARE IN!

Congratulations to SETTLE FOR ME for winning the bracket. (29-24)

Also congratulations to YOU STUPID BITCH for making it to the finals of the Losers Bracket! (16-12)

Now, I'm going to level with you; The last match in the Loser's Bracket is a rematch (Stupid Bitch vs JAP Battle), and if it goes the same way, it'll result in another rematch (JAP Battle vs Settle for Me), so instead, I am going to just do the one match of the three that hasn't been done, and say:

THE WINNER OF THE LOSERS BRACKET* VS THE WINNER OF THE WINNER'S BRACKET
*that wouldn't cause two weeks of rematches

YOU STUPID BITCH

vs

SETTLE FOR ME

and just for fun, I also made a 5-way match between the three remaining candidates and the two songs I left out. You don't have to vote on this one

Settle for Me
JAP Battle
You Stupid Bitch
Crazy Ex Girlfriend Theme (Paula and Scott ver)
You're a Good Person (Mrs. Hernandez ver)

Vote
http://goo.gl/forms/KlQB2F2QbhsRKSFo2
Bracket

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This is it thread

This is your chance to redeem yourselves

• Locked thread