Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

KO story about Punk is pretty telling about both of their personalities. Kevin regretting how he "totally bitched out" in particular because in the long run he stayed smart about poo poo, got better, and seems to be protected as gently caress in WWE while Punk continued to start poo poo and used to blow up at people like Edge/Jericho of all people. Also funny how Kevin's probably more amicable and yet is the way better heel character right now by a mile.

Owens is a great heel because he is so clearly enjoying himself being a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Al Bundy def CM Punk Round 1 0:30 Gogoplata

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

today i learned that Ashton Kutcher is a purple belt under the Machado's and is 6'2 200 lbs

i want to see Ashton Kutcher grapple the poo poo out of Punk

also Ashton Kutcher is more qualified to fight in the UFC than Punk

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

coconono posted:

Owens knows exactly how to upset people. It really helps he was married to El Generico (allegedly Sami Zayn in NXT) who is naturally loved by the entire world.

WWE was also smart by bridging his rivalry and feud with Sami Zayn to the main roster to get heat for him.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I want to see CM Punk fight noted Pedro Sauer black belt Bryan "Chico" Alvarez

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I want to see CM Punk fight noted Pedro Sauer black belt Bryan "Chico" Alvarez

I want to see Punk fight noted indie wrestler Vincent Verhei.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

There's no shame in getting beaten up by Al Bundy, the man scored four touchdowns in a single game for God's sake.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He's too afraid to drink a beer. who ever thought he was actually gonna fist fight a grown man?

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Endless Mike posted:

Please don't spread these vicious lies. Let El Generico tend to his orphanage in Mexico.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I for one am glad that the man who wrote elaborate fan fiction about himself totally owning a police officer is adored by millions of fans

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I for one am glad that the man who wrote elaborate fan fiction about himself totally owning a police officer is adored by millions of fans

You might be interested in a guy named Chris Kyle then

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
At least Frank Dux made his stories rad even when they weren't at all believable. Like there's going "yeah I was invited to a super secret tournament that nobody else knows about and won it here's my trophy" and then there's "and then I asked him what my knuckles said and the police officer, who looked exactly like the unlockable character from Tony Hawk. got brutally owned"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I miss that article Seanbaby did for Cracked about the history of goony goobers telling hilarious lies about their mostly fictitious MMA careers. I presume it got pulled for legal reasons, but you can still find textdumps of it kicking about.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

I miss that article Seanbaby did for Cracked about the history of goony goobers telling hilarious lies about their mostly fictitious MMA careers. I presume it got pulled for legal reasons, but you can still find textdumps of it kicking about.

Yeah, it's no longer on the official site but the full text is http://www.bullshido.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-95216.html

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Yep. At least they made up stupid dumb lies about winning non-existent martial arts tournaments and not just a victory over a civil servant,

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Yep. At least they made up stupid dumb lies about winning non-existent martial arts tournaments and not just a victory over a civil servant,

I would pay a lot of money to see Punk fight that cop in UFC.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
No ones MMA career has bigger lies than Rickson Gracie.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Lid posted:

No ones MMA career has bigger lies than Rickson Gracie.

I don't know, Ralph Torre invented an entire career, persona and life.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Ralph was a nobody that wanted to be a somebody.

Rickson was a somebody whose ego was so large they really wanted to be seen as God.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

What about the SAFTA guy who sold videotapes in martial arts magazines?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

It's by no means on the level of Frank Dux or anything, but a ton of pioneer-era MMA fighters have questionable spots on their early records from back in the day when copycat promotions and one-off events were popping up everywhere under no real athletic commission supervision so everything was kind of on the honor system.

If you take a look at Chris Lytle's record, he's got an RNC win from 2000 over touted newcomer Beaver "Beaver" Beaver in the touted BBC - Bad Boy Competition, which we only knew took place at an indeterminate location in the US. Lytle also allegedly had another fight on the same card, but only he and one other person actually fight more than once so it doesn't seem like it was a traditional tournament setup.

In this specific case, the obvious answer is "most if not all of what happened at this odd mystery event is highly embellished but it's from a time when recordkeeping wasn't good enough for anyone to call anyone else out on it, but I like to believe it really did happen and it was just like in the first X-Men movie when some jackass called "Wolverine" beat up people in front of a dozen drunk Canadians in a bar for $200 and free beer, except instead of Wolverine it was some beaver-themed mutant who got his rear end kicked by a firefighter from Indiana instead.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

What about the SAFTA guy who sold videotapes in martial arts magazines?
SCARS/SAFTA has the distinction of being the most hilariously stupid martial art I've ever seen. It features moves that will not work on an opponent who is standing still. If you find the videos on YouTube and watch them, it looks like a kung fu fight scene written, directed, choreographed, and acted entirely by blind people who have never seen a kung fu movie.

I believe this is why Jon Hess's fighting strategy was "outweigh opponent by 50 pounds" and "eye gouge."

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Halloween Jack posted:

SCARS/SAFTA has the distinction of being the most hilariously stupid martial art I've ever seen. It features moves that will not work on an opponent who is standing still. If you find the videos on YouTube and watch them, it looks like a kung fu fight scene written, directed, choreographed, and acted entirely by blind people who have never seen a kung fu movie.

I believe this is why Jon Hess's fighting strategy was "outweigh opponent by 50 pounds" and "eye gouge."

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bluedeanie posted:

If you take a look at Chris Lytle's record, he's got an RNC win from 2000 over touted newcomer Beaver "Beaver" Beaver in the touted BBC - Bad Boy Competition, which we only knew took place at an indeterminate location in the US. Lytle also allegedly had another fight on the same card, but only he and one other person actually fight more than once so it doesn't seem like it was a traditional tournament setup.

For reference, fightfinder has first and last names as required fields, so when all they have is a nickname it fills that in for all three, which is why there are a bunch of brazil events with multiple entries of "Ninja Ninja Ninja" and "Big Big Big".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Detroit_Dogg posted:

It's good when cops get owned.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
I will fight CM Punk

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Please hold back so you don't hurt him.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

fatherdog posted:

For reference, fightfinder has first and last names as required fields, so when all they have is a nickname it fills that in for all three, which is why there are a bunch of brazil events with multiple entries of "Ninja Ninja Ninja" and "Big Big Big".

Yeah also when you add in nicknames and Spanish naming conventions, even when guys become well known it can takes years to straighten out their real names. Andre Dida went from "Andre Dida" to "Andre "Dida" Amade" to "Andre "Dida" Amado". But as far as I know the mystery of Gumgor Gumgor has never been solved.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's good when cops get owned.

Agreed. Which is why that lie about doing something brave is even more shameful than just an ordinary lie

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Yeah also when you add in nicknames and Spanish naming conventions, even when guys become well known it can takes years to straighten out their real names. Andre Dida went from "Andre Dida" to "Andre "Dida" Amade" to "Andre "Dida" Amado". But as far as I know the mystery of Gumgor Gumgor has never been solved.

Gumgor's record is padded with unsanctioned Godzilla fights

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

The Sphinxster posted:

lol

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Sphinxster posted:

With a name change he could make his UFC debut as "Kaiju Magnet" Punk.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I heard they're making a kaiju movie where Kota Ibushi is made giant to beat up a monster?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

I heard they're making a kaiju movie where Kota Ibushi is made giant to beat up a monster?

Kota Ibushi and Minoru Suzuki

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Isn't that just a Kaiju Big Battel angle?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzf-7qecJok

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DDT making it

https://twitter.com/SenorLARIATO/status/736115652172369924

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Meltzer says Punk's fight is happening in August or September

Brock is officially coming back AND fighting before Punk :lol:

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Punk's debut has been pushed back "a month or two" for like a year now. It's not happening lol suck it CM Punk

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

I believe the context for the Aug/Sep date is that there's a reality show for FOX in production about CM Punk, which is probably going to be detailing his camp and prep for the fight.

"Episode 10 - A Dream Ends? - April is shocked when she checks Punk's leg to find an extremely yellow bruise on his thigh. Punk's dream hangs in the balance as doctors determine whether or not he will be able to make the walk to the octagon. (Series end)"

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jun 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gall's already having stuff filmed

• Locked thread