Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

tarlibone posted:

Maybe not a highbrow reference, but definitely an obscure one.

Because, in reality, if you asked anyone to name a mountain climber, there's an extremely good chance that they wouldn't be able to name anyone at all.

I guess. I've known who he was since middle school because of Dave Barry of all people, so highbrow was the total opposite of what came to mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

tarlibone posted:

Tenzing Norgay is not an obscure reference. He's super famous.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Also how is it a bad thing if there are obscure references you don't get right away? Don't be allergic to learning a thing.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's way too obviously VD to be VD.

"Archer's got the clap!"

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I hope it isn't Ellis Crane, either, because that is a little too easy. But they haven't given us too many characters for it to be. Maybe Mallory did it.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Well there is still the imposter to resolve.

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

taqueso posted:

Maybe Mallory did it.

This...is not a bad bet.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

taqueso posted:

I hope it isn't Ellis Crane, either, because that is a little too easy. But they haven't given us too many characters for it to be. Maybe Mallory did it.

Well, I think Cyril put it best: "Do you ever think maybe we’re kinda not always a hundred percent of the time doing the right thing?"

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Henchman of Santa posted:

I guess. I've known who he was since middle school because of Dave Barry of all people, so highbrow was the total opposite of what came to mind.

Things don't have to be highbrow to be obscure, and just because things are obscure doesn't mean people don't get the reference.

I was playing Scattergories last Christmas, with friends and family, and we were asked to name a famous photographer. And we all blanked, couldn't think of anyone. The opposing team scored 1-0 on us for that round, they wrote down Anne Geddes, the baby calendar lady.

As soon as her name was announced we all just kind of went 'of course.' We all knew she was when the name was dropped, we just didn't bother to think too much about studying the work of Anne Geddes.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 30, 2016

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Kajeesus posted:

Speaking of Veronica Deanes, did anyone else notice that the impostor in the first one had Katya's voice? The wiki confirms that she was voiced by Ona Grauer.
I did. I used to think that maybe she was trying to embarrass them again.

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Didn't one of the arrest Lana for stalking?
The two of them, really. The other guy was talking with the principal of the school.

Yeah for another call back : there are multiple posters for Rona Torne pictures on various walls. One of the few enemy agents to completely humiliate ISIS.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
They have a ton of loose threads to tie in with the final episode (10 episodes, who OKed only ten episodes. :rant:) and it'll be interesting to see if they can keep it from being too plot heavy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tarlibone posted:

Because, in reality, if you asked anyone to name a mountain climber, there's an extremely good chance that they wouldn't be able to name anyone at all.

are you american?

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

They have a ton of loose threads to tie in with the final episode (10 episodes, who OKed only ten episodes. :rant:) and it'll be interesting to see if they can keep it from being too plot heavy.

To be fair, it's Archer, they can get away with leaving loose ends by literally saying "oh poo poo, we forgot [insert plotline]".

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Alexeythegreat posted:

To be fair, it's Archer, they can get away with leaving loose ends by literally saying "oh poo poo, we forgot [insert plotline]".
Or, in the case of Ray this season, they resolve it just by saying that's the way it is.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

taqueso posted:

Maybe Mallory did it.

We're still talking about famous Everest climbers, right?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
:siren:Season finale!:siren:
Deadly Velvet: Part 2
The "Deadly Velvet" investigation turns deadly.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Oh holy poo poo I thought today was Wednesday! O great joy!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
YOU WILL COMPLY!

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kriegerbots are loose!

Inepticons!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
This has spin-off written all over it!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh shiiiiiiiit

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Woo! Suck it Allan Turing!

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
whaaaaattttt

Holy poo poo!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Woo! Suck it Allan Turing!

Well he was gay.

Also that what happenes when you're constantly an rear end.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
So...what was Archer's actual plan?

Titan
Jan 14, 2002

Problematic Pigeon posted:

Only thing I can think of is Archer went in instead of the cyborg expecting to get shot so the cyborg Archer could then record Deans confession and the shooting of the real Archer. So that way the cyborg will have a recording of the crime, and confession in order to fully clear Lana.

If this show gets renewed my money is on another arc of Archer running away to get into who knows what.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

The android would record the conversation in secret since the last two got their heads blown off and he would luck out because "contempt for his own mortality/everything always works out for him" except it finally bit him this time.

I figured they'd do a double fake out, but kinda hoped that they wouldn't. Didn't really like this season overall. The bullies, Barry, and the clown siege episodes were awesome but everything else felt flat. Guess Krieger's turning him into a cyborg next season.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
Those seem like really dumb plans.

Checks out.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Whatever Archer's plan is, it's gotta be a real long con.

This season started out strong, but I think it ran out of gas by the last three episodes, culminating in one real obvious ending (Veronica did it) and one ending that was shocking for two minutes but seemed really obvious in hindsight (the real Archer died). It definitely wasn't a waste of time because there were some episodes at the beginning that were really funny, but they definitely didn't stick the landing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm pretty sure we'll get a Season 8. The ratings for Archer are decent and it get's really great reviews.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Oh, I'm almost certain that there will be at least one more season after this one, both because of ratings and the fact that it's in syndication.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I'm confused. The season ended with somebody gravely injured and probably dead and it wasn't Ray.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

If Season 5 was Miami Vice, and this season was Magnum P.I., then it's looking like next season will be The Six Million Dollar Man, since Krieger's cybernetics will have to be top-notch.

The fact that I'm already predicting what Archer might be next season is kinda sad. Predictability isn't this show's strong suit.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

not gonna lie, I didn't see the Archer clone coming at the end. I guess Season 8 will be Archer becoming what he hates the most??

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

not gonna lie, I didn't see the Archer clone coming at the end.
I didn't either, but in retrospect, it was something I should have seen coming from miles away.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jun 3, 2016

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Well what I'm thinking is they made an effort to show that Krieger had two cyborgs of himself, so uh draw your own conclusions here

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Titan posted:

Only thing I can think of is Archer went in instead of the cyborg expecting to get shot so the cyborg Archer could then record Deans confession and the shooting of the real Archer. So that way the cyborg will have a recording of the crime, and confession in order to fully clear Lana.

If this show gets renewed my money is on another arc of Archer running away to get into who knows what.

This is my theory as well, based partially on the plan being "needlessly complicated".

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Carlosologist posted:

not gonna lie, I didn't see the Archer clone coming at the end. I guess Season 8 will be Archer becoming what he hates the most??

God I hope so. Then he and Barry can have a robot fight.

I loved this season, looks like some people in this thread think it ran out of steam near the end but I feel like it stayed strong all the way through. I feel like killing the real Archer was the right choice they've been foreshadowing it for a long time, what with his increasing arrogance about his imagined immortality.

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
Cyborg Archer opening up Cyborg Cyrils little chamber then farting in it and closing it again was just amazing too.

Also, did they switch the voice actor for the black cop? It's supposed to be Keegan-Michael Key but his voice sounded completely different this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Holy poo poo-cliffhanger!

• Locked thread