Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If I could refund this game I probably would. I even like the actual game but it's like Capcom is actively trying to make the player base smaller and more angry.

i'll lobby with you anytime still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Jack Trades posted:

I'm totally on the same page.
Xrd definitely subscribes to patchwork game design school (you lose meter if you walk backwards too much? What is that horseshit?) and it's got way too many over-complicated systems.
Also none of Xrd's characters really spoke to me. There's no Q, Vega, Balrog, Cody, Big Band or Nero in there. Everyone is way too anime for my liking.

Try Melty Blood. It's got some confusing mechanics but it's not too bad. Also it has a guy who's hiding a zoo inside his trenchcoat.

Sounds like GG is actually too metal for you :cheers:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I want to slap Ono in his mouth. This game is stupid.

Specifically my time with Alex is spent in this:

Dias posted:

Little reward, doesn't really stop crossups, and the reward for hitting a jump-in is massive.

I get a jab or Ryu gets a completely braindead target combo

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 20:43 on May 31, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pomp posted:

Sounds like GG is actually too metal for you :cheers:

Here's the one thign GG has over MB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC3eOOMs0-w

(not the boobs the song)

(that's probably my favorite GG song easy)

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

I would agree with you on the first part but SFV doesn't have any character unique mechanics and everybody has like 2 specials and a V-Trigger, the complexity of the character by character design has been super limited so far. It makes me think the situation is like 4 people in a Tokyo basement somewhere hitting the server reset button once a week in between non-stop working sessions to just get something out the door at the end of the month

Just designing interesting character mechanics isn't really what takes so long though, it's also a lot of asset generation, animation, tweaking, etc.

But I think your description of the situation is probably pretty accurate.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
https://twitter.com/Apollo19999/status/737315834658467841

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I just found out that Hanson apparently still tours.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
As I see it, SF5 is two things

- An extremely good argument against the "just constantly update this one version instead of re-relaseing the game over and over" model for anyone with less money than microsoft (everyone)

- A game that has nothing going for it compared to other, older & cheaper SF games for anyone that doesn't make their living off Professional Fighting Games

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
capcom's special surprise at combobreaker was an extra gently caress you to everyone who thought they were going to get something in may

"surprise we have especially bad news"

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

do you think tekken 7 will be able to actually dethrone sf5 at this point

3 months ago i would have said no but now i'm not so sure

tbh i wish it does because talking about this game is just depressing now

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

General Morden posted:

lol people playing tekken in the west

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

General Morden posted:

absolutely not

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

Dias posted:

lol people playing tekken in the west

kof or tekken alive in the usa????

of course my money is on tekken

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

General Morden posted:

Nnnnnnnnnope

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

which scene is more alive xrd or tekken

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

General Morden posted:

which scene is more alive xrd or tekken

xrd

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

General Morden posted:

kof or tekken alive in the usa????

of course my money is on tekken

atl will always be there for you man

KOFXIV is gonna be one of those games that people say "who gives a gently caress if it's ugly, it's amazing, you casual scum" but no one will play at all after a couple of months. T7 is gonna be Tekken, so a lot of people will buy it but like 5 new people will become part of the competitive scene.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They have Tekken at Dave and Busters so I'm gonna have to go with Tekken

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I stopped playing fighters after ps1 for a long time but i played a ton of tekken back then. i'm very interested in seeing how i like it now

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

casuals fuckin love tekken 3

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

General Morden posted:

It's finally time for Tekken x Street Fighter

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

General Morden posted:

casuals fuckin love tekken 3

true i fuckin' loved tekken 3

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

what was the ps1 era fighting game that had a dude who had a chainsaw and a gun, he fired the gun with the taunt button i think

i cannot for the life of me figure out what this game was

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NecroMonster posted:

what was the ps1 era fighting game that had a dude who had a chainsaw and a gun, he fired the gun with the taunt button i think

Evil Dead FG looking good

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Dias posted:

true i fuckin' loved tekken 3

Same. Me and my brother used to go into training mode, turn the damage off and then wail on eachother for entire afternoons. I don't know what it was but that game hit the PS1 at juuuuuuuuust the right time and everyone bought it and loved it. iirc it also had amazing graphics and framerate for the system.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

sometimes i wonder if i'm just imagining this game, but then i remember that i pissed someone off bad enough playing this that they wouldn't talk to me for a month

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

NecroMonster posted:

I haven't looked it up to confirm, but that sounds like Bio F.R.E.A.K.S. which was put out by Midway.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Saint Freak posted:

They deserve a month off after all the hard work they've put in.

thanks i actually lold in real life.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Same. Me and my brother used to go into training mode, turn the damage off and then wail on eachother for entire afternoons. I don't know what it was but that game hit the PS1 at juuuuuuuuust the right time and everyone bought it and loved it. iirc it also had amazing graphics and framerate for the system.

i remember the cutscenes were in engine and cinematic and were very exciting to my social circle

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 31, 2016

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it was battle arena toshinden 3!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Ibuki looks cool.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Whoa whoa sorry guys that tweet about Ibuki coming out in June was totally wrong, my bad I shouldn't have brought you that faulty information

https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/737741518841122817

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

AnonSpore posted:

Whoa whoa sorry guys that tweet about Ibuki coming out in June was totally wrong, my bad I shouldn't have brought you that faulty information

They're going to release Urien to like 3 people lol

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
so basically what youre saying is they made the reveal way ahead of release, proving that they are getting better. check mate

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

lolllll

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

a monkey with wolverine claws and it farts fire

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Ibuki has a -2 comboable overhead so that's a thing. To give Capcom some credit I quite liked all the DLC characters so far.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

bhsman posted:

Ibuki looks cool.

You could say she's...the bomb. :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

So.. going to pick up Revelator next week. Is dustloop still the best resource for character info?

I'd find a GG thread, but let's be honest this is basically the new GG thread. I'm actually pretty hyped to learn it, it would be pretty amazing if Capcom managed to push most of the FGC into something like GG or KOF through how big a gently caress up they've made SFV.

I like playing the game, but it's like they're actively competing to see how poorly they can do and keep people playing. Maybe they're trying to figure out the minimum amount of effort they need to put in before people will just give up?