Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Countblanc posted:

Remove D.va from the game and replace her with noted video game protagonist Vivi, star of Vivi's Adventure.

Dumb babies aren't nearly as good as giant mech curling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Also just played a team of hanzos against genjis and Genji wrecks Hanzo pretty well.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

I cant believe that Blizzard put a mech in the game and gave it dual shotguns but no lasers, plasma or rockets.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Countblanc posted:

It's one of the brawls from beta. They tested a bunch to see what was fun and what wasn't but they never released a statement about any of them so who knows it they actually pruned/changed any of the lovely ones lol

Yeah dunno what they learned, because the current one seems horrendous.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

General Morden posted:

i actually don't care that much about mccree balance

i think he's really fun

my most played character

i just find it interesting that everybody (particularly my friends) loath playing against him

I mean you are pretty much playing one of the more broken characters and saying it's not a problem. How bout you go play 30 games without touching that character and come back and give us a report then?

There's ways to balance him where he can't melt a Winston headon while still retaining his identity.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Audax posted:

I mean you are pretty much playing one of the more broken characters and saying it's not a problem. How bout you go play 30 games without touching that character and come back and give us a report then?

as a person with zero minutes on mccree, i am probably an authority on how to play him because

KoB
May 1, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

So that there's some counterplay to getting hooked from 20 meters (half a torb turret) away. As far as Roadhog design problems go it's probably the most inoffensive.

E: Is graviton surge's damage a single instant or a tick?

Why should Roadhog be rewarded with a longer stun duration for hooking someone literally right in his face? It makes more sense to reward a long pinpoint hook.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Lady Naga posted:

I think they made it travel farther or something? I used to be mad good at bowling with it but now it flies past everyone.

Teach me how to track a target with six shots fired in less than a second that seems like an incredibly useful skill.

You have to do that with Zarya except it's 20 per second.

The issue with this on McCree is that fan the hammer is too inaccurate to use well except against stationary, nearby targets, and blinded guys can still dodge just as well as non-blinded guys (they just can't shoot back).

That said I think replacing the stun with a blind effect is a dumb idea.

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Szcwczuk posted:

why? who gives a gently caress you can play one of the many heros that poo poo all over her or post here bitching about her it's up to you.

There you go. Do I have enough hours for my post to be invalid yet? For real all of you are bitching about a hero that can easy get hosed by things like reaper, d va, Tracer...etc.

GET GUD

Play more support.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Yeah dunno what they learned, because the current one seems horrendous.

I played with an all DVA pubbie team and it was hilarious and also took forever, but we eventually won.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The problem isn't her hitbox in general but that her headshot hitbox is in the middle of her center of mass, which means she gets hit there super often and effectively takes double damage.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I wonder what they thought when they did that.

:eng101:"She'll have twice the HP of anyone else! ......But take double damage!"
:monocle:"Genius!"

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

KoB posted:

Why should Roadhog be rewarded with a longer stun duration for hooking someone literally right in his face? It makes more sense to reward a long pinpoint hook.

Think of it not so much as a reward as a penalty for the other player having bad positioning in letting the lumbering close combat fighter get right next to them.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
So if you ever wanted to git gud with Genji now is the time.

If you don't constantly demand the enemy fight with honour you're doing it wrong.

It's pretty fun being someone who can aim moderately well against a bunch of hanzos and headshotting them with their own arrows then cleaning up with dragonblade.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Ahhpple posted:

I cant believe that Blizzard put a mech in the game and gave it dual shotguns but no lasers, plasma or rockets.

For real, just giving D.Va an M2 that is literally soldier's helix rockets would make me happy.

I have a lot of fun playing as her even though there are technically better options for most any situation. I just love that pistol, I don't even care when my mech is destroyed.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also, hero stacking is hilariously effective in pub play so I wouldn't really say that's a strength of D.Va more than it's a quirk of the system. Some abilities like D.Va's Defense Matrix and Winston's jump are really good when stacked.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Intel&Sebastian posted:

So that's a bad thing but the idea of a "tank" dying if they're fighting multiple targets isn't? In one post he's saying D.VA is supposed to be a fat version of Genji, maneuvering around harassing single targets and in the next one he's saying it's a terrible thing if she manages to do that? The gently caress

Does someone have a youtube or something of someone playing the way he's talking about?

A lot of the posters also basically went "HUH?" when he said that D.Va was "hard to kill".

Grammaton posted:

Is this a thing? because right now it says Genji vs Hanzo brawl.

I gave that a try. I'm never playing it again. I can pretty much never kill a Genji at all when there's only one, never mind three. I do not ever want to git gud with Genji.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You have to do that with Zarya except it's 20 per second.

The issue with this on McCree is that fan the hammer is too inaccurate to use well except against stationary, nearby targets, and blinded guys can still dodge just as well as non-blinded guys (they just can't shoot back).

That said I think replacing the stun with a blind effect is a dumb idea.

You don't have to have perfect tracking with your beam to kill someone as Zarya and you basically just said what I did, you pedant.

KoB posted:

You're not being "rewarded" it's a tradeoff for distance v. stun time and the stun is long enough on pretty much every distance aside from the last ~4 meters.

Your Computer posted:

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. I wonder what they thought when they did that.

:eng101:"She'll have twice the HP of anyone else! ......But take double damage!"
:monocle:"Genius!"

They probably thought the fact that most of it was armour balanced it out.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

"Oh cool, this brawl will give me a chance to practice on Genji!"

*we win in like 8 seconds*

"Oh okay"

Stacks
Apr 22, 2016
I hope they fix D.Va. I like the character design and it bothers me I hardly ever see her in matches :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
This group me and my friends were against, were really good. They were also huge cocky assholes the entire time and kept making lovely comments the whole time, lording their kills over everyone, and it didn't help that our sixth was a pubbie who kept arguing back with him. So there was this constant bickering the entire time. People like that want a scoreboard and I hope Blizzard never gives it to them :buddy:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Do the points next to the achievements mean anything?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nehru the Damaja posted:

"Oh cool, this brawl will give me a chance to practice on Genji!"

*we win in like 8 seconds*

"Oh okay"

Maybe I fought you. My team were all standing in the rafters, sniping so the enemy team literally just walked in and ended the map :negative:

Lady Naga posted:

They probably thought the fact that most of it was armour balanced it out.

Maybe if they just... double her HP again :devil:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Macaluso posted:

This group me and my friends were against, were really good. They were also huge cocky assholes the entire time and kept making lovely comments the whole time, lording their kills over everyone, and it didn't help that our sixth was a pubbie who kept arguing back with him. So there was this constant bickering the entire time. People like that want a scoreboard and I hope Blizzard never gives it to them :buddy:

Agreed. Nobody likes losing but I rarely get angry over it unless the opposing team are assholes about it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Broken Cog posted:

Do the points next to the achievements mean anything?

No, nothing more than e-peen.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Your Computer posted:

Maybe I fought you. My team were all standing in the rafters, sniping so the enemy team literally just walked in and ended the map :negative:

Maybe if they just... double her HP again :devil:

It honestly theoretically should because armour is better the more you stack it so a character whose health is mostly armour would be incredibly OP but 2x damage is just too much.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Ahhpple posted:

I cant believe that Blizzard put a mech in the game and gave it dual nerfguns but no lasers, plasma or rockets.
ftfy

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Verranicus posted:

Agreed. Nobody likes losing but I rarely get angry over it unless the opposing team are assholes about it.

Blowing up people's stats obsession and making matches relatively bite sized are the two smartest things Blizzard did in this game. Me and the wife usually don't buy anything without couch multi but it's been fun enough switching off and picking the other persons hero for them.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Nerf this.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

KoB posted:

Being hooked for longer than the pull is like the least of the problems for anyone that gets hooked point-blank, because Roadhog can animation cancel into the entire rest of his kit

If you're in Roadhog's face and he's a good Roadhog player, expect a shotgun+melee+hook+shotgun+melee and maybe even his Ult just to fling your dead carcass back away for good measure

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Nerf this

efb

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Lady Naga posted:

I think they made it travel farther or something? I used to be mad good at bowling with it but now it flies past everyone.

Teach me how to track a target with six shots fired in less than a second that seems like an incredibly useful skill.

you gotta pre-aim where you think they'll be

you gotta make a hard read

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Does Roadhog actually say anything when activating whole hog 'cause if he does I can't remember it at all.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

Does Roadhog actually say anything when activating whole hog 'cause if he does I can't remember it at all.

he probably laughs in his strangely adorable way

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Audax posted:

There's ways to balance him where he can't melt a Winston headon while still retaining his identity.

i'd rather that this game doesn't go the way of sf5 where everybody gets nerfed to boring levels

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Lady Naga posted:

He just starts laughing.

To be fair, the sound of him firing is very distinct.

Also "Tuckered Out" victory pose is the best victory pose for Roadhog.

Apparently monitoring for hacking in their own game is illegal?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

General Morden posted:

i'd rather that this game doesn't go the way of sf5 where everybody gets nerfed to boring levels

I don't know why that's where you immediately go.

Theta Zero posted:

He just starts laughing.

To be fair, the sound of him firing is very distinct.

Oh yeah I wasn't saying "Roadhog does not have a sound for whole hog it's bullshit I keep dying to flanking Roadhog ults nerf pls" I just couldn't remember if they bothered to give him one or not.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Something tells me there aren't that many people playing in the middle of the night on a Wednesday (????) because I keep being paired with the absolute worst people ever.

We're talking Reaper standing on rooftops "sniping" levels of bad. We're talking "ffs payload is bullshit" because we lost and no one except me tried standing on the payload and instead expected it to move on its own levels of bad.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Theta Zero posted:

Apparently monitoring for hacking in their own game is illegal?

the way blizzard does it it probably is, thankfully the terms of use cover that

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

MacheteZombie posted:

This is the worst. Even more so if Mercy is at like 10 hp and no one shoots at her.

Mercy will just revive also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Minrad posted:

the way blizzard does it it probably is, thankfully the terms of use cover that

What an odd thing to say.