Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Pajser posted:

what kind of real life problems could i have if i start posting assasination fantasies featuring trump?

asking for a friend

The secret service calls lowtax again and this whole thing gets shut down like lf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
What reason do we have for thinking it's David French?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pajser
Jan 28, 2006

shiksa posted:

The secret service calls lowtax again and this whole thing gets shut down like lf

could i get banned?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

I would say Nazi Muslims would be Extremist Muslims, by definition.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Did MIGF become IK for a bit or did something else happen to take him off my ignore list that consisted entirely of him?

I'm sure I don't know but given the proliferation of million-miles-an-hour shitposters this year I can't really drum up anger at MIGF's comparatively restrained trolling.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

sharkbomb posted:

The authors of Game Change leaked it and then:

https://twitter.com/costareports/status/737758118961025026

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i wanted to know what this french guy sounded like and i hate his voice and he's so flat and wooden i'm pretty sure you can buy him off the shelf at ikea and make a lovely bookcase out of him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEqgWyRTH9k

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

A. This is a reference to the 1970 Supreme Court case Buckley v. Valeo, which held that Congress can limit donations to candidates but cannot limit how much candidates spend, ushering in the campaign finance era that lasted until Citizens United.

B. Knowing this doesn't explain anything about what the gently caress that's supposed to mean.

EDIT: I was slightly off, Buckley v. Valeo came down in 1976. This refers to Jim Buckley (William F. Buckley's older brother) winning a New York Senate race in 1970 as a third party candidate against a liberal Republican and a Democrat.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Okonner posted:

I'm sure I don't know but given the proliferation of million-miles-an-hour shitposters this year I can't really drum up anger at MIGF's comparatively restrained trolling.
The Trump shitposters are "ironic racists" and/or authoritarian-lovers. MIGF is straight up genocidal.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Did MIGF become IK for a bit or did something else happen to take him off my ignore list that consisted entirely of him?

zdr cleared him off the ignore lists so the bernie thread would stop ignoring him

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/419210/bruce-caitlyn-jenner-needs-our-prayers-not-our-applause-david-french

David French posted:

surgically damaged man appeared on the cover of Vanity Fair, and the applause is mandatory. There are some who call this latest turn in the sexual revolution “radical” or “transformative.” Yet, in reality, the only thing radical about Bruce Jenner’s transformation into “Caitlyn” is the harm to his body, inflicted in a desperate quest to be something that he’s most assuredly not: a woman.

please let this man make it to the debates so trump can answer every thing he says with 'who are you'

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://youtu.be/JMK6lzmSk2o

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

logikv9 posted:

zdr cleared him off the ignore lists so the bernie thread would stop ignoring him

Understood.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
i'm stunned kristol actually produced a candidate

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

logikv9 posted:

Why should the rest of us have to suffer for the sins of the Bernie thread?

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

sharkbomb posted:

Halperin tweeted it, and there's also this from the official third party twitter Kristol set up

https://twitter.com/RenegadeParty/status/737775246678233088

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

logikv9 posted:

god drat it. gently caress the bernie thread.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

nachos posted:

i'm stunned kristol actually produced a candidate

I produced a better candidate this morning in my bathroom

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
It's a Cinch with French!

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

:smugdon:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Bill kristol presents The Renegade Party or: how to fail in politics while trying really really hard

Rubber Tucky
Oct 14, 2004

Next time I will pay attention while choosing my thread tags.
Can someone replace Kevin Kline with Billy Kristol in this? thanks in advance

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
announcing french's vp: bill kristol himself

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

FourLeaf posted:

Halperin tweeted it, and there's also this from the official third party twitter Kristol set up

https://twitter.com/RenegadeParty/status/737775246678233088

ringing endorsements

https://twitter.com/Manly_Task/status/737777811713331208

https://twitter.com/JohnFGbsn/status/737780229083533312

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
I dont get it whats Kristol thinking here?

Wonder what kind of spectacular turd the only wronger man in America than Bill Kristol, one Dick Morris, could have come up with

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Maybe French will give a five-hour speech expounding his personal philosophy, and everyone will come around.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

logikv9 posted:

lmao

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

tbf that's a pretty good fate for the bernie thread

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
French is a veteran, and by veteran they mean

quote:

[French] served in Iraq in Diyala Province as Squadron Judge Advocate

activist judge

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
How many hours before Trump tweets his first "WHO??"

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

A good question for the Bernie thread.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The Trump shitposters are "ironic racists" and/or authoritarian-lovers. MIGF is straight up genocidal.

Was it genocide when we nuked Japan and firebombed nazis? gently caress NO! It was the vengence which they deserved for loving with America and uniting our entire nation behind government intervention in the free market.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

rear end cobra posted:

I dont get it whats Kristol thinking here?

Win three states, prevent any candidate from attaining an Electoral College majority and throw the election to the House.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
i can't wait for trump & his surrogates to wildly flail against david french

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Whiskey Sours posted:

Win three states, prevent any candidate from attaining an Electoral College majority and throw the election to the House.

David French

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I always wondered what american politics could be like if one party was openly anti-semitic. How long has it been since that was just a given and not an open secret? 70 years? This is a really weird step backward in the public discourse. Buckley worked so hard to run them out of the party, and it even worked for a while.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
well he's not getting the reddit vote

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/424277/cuckservative-slur-must-stop

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

logikv9 posted:

lol if your eyes don't slide past MIGF posts instinctively

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

nachos posted:

How many hours before Trump tweets his first "WHO??"

"David French once put ketchup on his Trump Steak. SAD!"

*picture of trump frowning in front of a steak with ketchup on it*