Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

help me laughing hurts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

People who want equal treatment for women are the same as a giggling children's cartoon villain who blows up planets to amuse himself.

[THIS IS WHAT MRAS ACTUALLY BELIEVE]

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/ClarkHat/status/737386960851984385
https://twitter.com/ClarkHat/status/614517889656311808
To all the doubters out there...

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
It's like they're all using the headline from the same quote in the same story they're all linking to, ~spooky~

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Tesseraction posted:

help me laughing hurts

Whiney, insecure guys who get thoroughly owned by people they see as inferiors? Checks out.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

pookel posted:

It's like they're all using the headline from the same quote in the same story they're all linking to, ~spooky~

Pretty sure you could do the exact same thing with whatever dumb thing Donald Trump said this week, or some statement by some celebrity on their relationship. And it would prove exactly as much.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Who controls the Bitcoin mines?
Who keeps the Men's Right Movements down?
We do, we do
Who keeps seasteaders off the maps?
Who keeps the melonheads under wraps?
We do, we do
Who holds back the self-driving car?
Who makes Anita Sarkeesian a star?
We do, we do
Who robs cavefish of their site?
Who rigs every Oscar night?
We do, we do

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Tesseraction posted:

help me laughing hurts
please, Frieza represents Capital and all these turkeys are, at best, Frieza Army Soldier #4. Groups like the "Republican Party" or the like get to be on the Ginyu Squad.

And what role does Goku play, you ask?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Whenever we run into an issue that seems confusing, we ask "What cognitive process is executing inside our minds that feels from the inside like this confusion?"

This process terminates when the issue no longer feels confusing, not when a position sounds very persuasive.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

I used to feel that this image was some kind of nadir for self-awareness, a kind of Peak Cringeworthy.

Now I realize that there's plenty of room at the bottom.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
In its last few hours, Neoreaction A Basilisk HAS REACHED ALL STRETCH GOALS and is funded to $14,118 with 5 hours to go.

This ridiculously weird book is far and away the most successful thing Phil has ever written. Winning at the Game of Kickstarters.

Next up: a guide to William Blake that will probably get funded to the extent of 50 cents and a bottle top.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

I might spring for the guide to Blake just so that I can get a handle on Blake, who I know nothing about, in a nice central location.

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

Peel posted:

I might spring for the guide to Blake just so that I can get a handle on Blake, who I know nothing about, in a nice central location.
I'd fund it. William Blake was one of the only poets I actually enjoyed reading in high school, and I'm definitely interested in learning more about his work from a writer I also like. (The other poet I enjoyed was Adrienne Rich—though I didn't know she was a huge transmisogynist back then :( )

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

People who want equal treatment for women are the same as a giggling children's cartoon villain who blows up planets to amuse himself.

[THIS IS WHAT MRAS ACTUALLY BELIEVE]

Be fair, they're also saying that MRAs are giggling children's cartoon villains who blow up planets to amuse themselves.

Not 100% sure Piccolo ever giggled, though.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Peel posted:

There are several good guides to Blake out already, although I guess this one will be more fun and not stuffy. Get A Blake Dictionary by S. Foster Damon, Fearful Symmetry by Northrop Frye, and David Erdman's edition of the complete poems for a good start.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
https://twitter.com/Nero/status/737794104851988480

:stare:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/737735190748008448

Also reminder to ignore Immortan

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

I can only think of two interpretations of "get knotted", and both are horrifying in their implications.

Also, I am still honestly shocked that anyone in this thread doesn't have that idiot on ignore. The GoT thread seems to have the right of things; he trolled around there for a solid week, and the only response he got was one person telling him to shut the gently caress up and go away. It was p awesome.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
This is the alt-right thread, is it not? Notorious alt-righter Milo Yiannopoulos is going live at UCLA 7PM PST. There's undoubtedly going to be drama and possibly violence.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I want to know how that Milo guy teamed up with former Tyler V teammate Steve Crowder. I assume Crowder hates gay people/is violently deep in the closet about being gay as his act had some parts that bashed them moderately hard.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Yep, that's staged all right.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

As a fluent speaker of Tumblr, this is just insulting. It's like he used google translate English -> Tumblr. Put more effort into your posting Rev.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

There's also the whole trend of LG people throwing the B people under the bus, and LGB people throwing the T people under the bus even harder, so it's not like being oppressed means we've learned anything as a class of people :smith:

One thing to remember is that standing up for white cis gay men entails no personal sacrifice for white cis straight men. White gay men are oppressed socially but not to steal our labor beyond the baseline value of exploitation common to all workers in capitalist society. This makes it a much easier prejudice to let go of as no one will be paying reparations to Elton John to defeat male homophobia.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Woolie Wool posted:

One thing to remember is that standing up for white cis gay men entails no personal sacrifice for white cis straight men. White gay men are oppressed socially but not to steal our labor beyond the baseline value of exploitation common to all workers in capitalist society. This makes it a much easier prejudice to let go of as no one will be paying reparations to Elton John to defeat male homophobia.

Which reminds me, has anybody figured out what the gently caress Rev means by "right-intersectionalist"? All that I can I think of is that it means he supports the struggles of all white men, regardless of whether they hate women, people of color, or "marxists" more.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I remember some unreadable :qq: think of the shitlords :qq: article on Salon that introduced a hypothesis of "negative intersectionality" where feminist/anti-racist attack ads against Trump would supposedly cause mass white/assimilated Latino/Uncle Tom flight to the Trump banner and win him the election as whites and people who want desperately to be white feel threatened by Hillary's vagina.

No I am not making this up.

No I don't know why I read a Salon article.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Heresiarch posted:

Which reminds me, has anybody figured out what the gently caress Rev means by "right-intersectionalist"? All that I can I think of is that it means he supports the struggles of all white men, regardless of whether they hate women, people of color, or "marxists" more.

https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/575758007071547392
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/575758201238454273
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/575758514049675264

And he trails off into an ignorant defense of HBD devoid of any actual knowledge of genetics and tells us that he's open to the idea that blacks might be inherently criminal.

Ah, yes. This is the same guy who throws accusations of ableism against criticism of ESR.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Fututor Magnus posted:

https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/575758007071547392
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/575758201238454273
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/575758514049675264

And he trails off into an ignorant defense of HBD devoid of any actual knowledge of genetics and tells us that he's open to the idea that blacks might be inherently criminal.

hand stuck to face send help

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

we're all embedded in webs of oppression, sometimes on one end of it, sometimes the other.

It's been almost like two weeks since we last got out the white wolf black wolf comic but here we are

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

I still don't understand the background of that comic. It's like there's some story behind it but I've never heard it so it doesn't make much sense to me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Woolie Wool posted:

I still don't understand the background of that comic. It's like there's some story behind it but I've never heard it so it doesn't make much sense to me.

it's basically a story about how whether you're a chode or a decent human being is all up to you

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
HBomberguy: What Is Virtue Signalling?

I must say, the shitlord term "Spengler" was new on me. I suspect I'll therefore see it everywhere for the rest of the day. Is it supposed to have any specific meaning?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The historical Spengler was a racist eugenics garbage person, so I guess it's a compliment.

Hbomb rules for getting that bathtub golem to engage him in one-on-one conversation, even if he keeps getting called "Chris."

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Tesseraction posted:

help me laughing hurts
Ummm...

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Maybe Spengler is meant to refer to Egon Spengler but I sure ain't watching a whole video about shitbirds to find out the context.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Woolie Wool posted:

This may help.

Darth Walrus posted:

It's a version of a tweet by dril, who does a load of 140-character sendup of a certain kind of self-important, faux-profound Internet moron. Here, he's parodying some of the dumber moral-relativist posts you see floating around the tubes.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

More specifically it's a tweet by dril set to panels from inspirational poster factory Zen Pencils http://zenpencils.com/comic/94-the-two-wolves/

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

If you aren't already following @dril then what the hell is wrong with you.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

I have been turned into a corn cob, thank you.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

makes you think huh

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

HBomberguy: What Is Virtue Signalling?

I must say, the shitlord term "Spengler" was new on me. I suspect I'll therefore see it everywhere for the rest of the day. Is it supposed to have any specific meaning?

This is a good video

Darth Walrus posted:

This may help.

Also the particular text it's replacing is a visual depiction of a fake anecdote Billy Graham made up about a supposedly Native American parable about every person having two wolves representing good and evil fighting inside them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I find it funny that hbomberguy released a video about virtue signalling not even 24 hours after some idiot in the election subforum wrongly accused me of it and everyone in the thread looked it up and went "wow, that's a dumb concept for dumb people"