Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Yeah it's completely unrealistic for goons to pay attention or even post about what they are clearing, and I'm serious. We joined this game mostly from "idle games" thread. We want to just lazily play it and have a small commitment to some greater good. It scratches that MMO itch without being a massive drama filled time sink. I mean there is pubbie drama if you want to enjoy that but the guild is pretty drama free. I mean we have a list for who gets the first pink Windfury, but like that's going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some French Guy
Aug 30, 2003
My name is oguh and I have no idea what I'm doing, currently mining iron, get me in !

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Some French Guy posted:

My name is oguh and I have no idea what I'm doing, currently mining iron, get me in !

Invited.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Citycop
Apr 11, 2005

Greetings, Rainbow Dash.

I will now sing for you a song that I hope will ease your performance anxiety.
In as Blackburdtx

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Citycop posted:

In as Blackburdtx

Invite sent

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Everyone over 60 days inactive has been cleaned out: baram, blazing, Danaru, deathrat, Drakonis, Fat Batman, Geop, Klapman, LorJSR, Natahn, Nolanar, Scorps, TaranWanderer, Teddybear, Vitamins. If you're one of these people and want to come back just pop down a post and we'll invite you back.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
In as Floorislava.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

floor is lava posted:

In as Floorislava.

sent!

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Some people just have to poo poo on goon-ideas.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
I'm sure I'm part idiot, but gently caress the negativity in this game. Whenever any has an idea, no matter how well thought out, the immediate response from the playerbase is not only 'no' but 'no and you are an idiot for suggesting that.'

That's one of the biggest reasons I like passing these peoples guilds on the high score list and why I'm funneling everything I do back into the guild.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
23:04:28 To Grumpy : we seem to have a bugged orchard again, HoboLoafers in AB
23:05:10 To Grumpy : Level 11, 2360 of 3026
23:05:54 From Grumpy : of course
23:07:05 To Grumpy : sorry we really don't mean it and reminded everyone to watch when planting if they are alone, but it may be hard to see with only 2 slots and/or people forget to check
23:07:51 From Grumpy : you guys made a lot of progress on that one, so I set it to like 3 slots left,... and the latest one that is bugged I left 10 slots
23:08:44 To Grumpy : progress? you mean someone started gathering there?
23:09:54 From Grumpy : for the one you just listed, there were already 666 pickec
23:10:08 From Grumpy : picked*
23:11:07 To Grumpy : i thought that came with the bug....i will remind people to not gather in extensions with 1k+ or something.....
23:13:12 From Grumpy : thanks

So please, bugged extensions may happen, but don't gather there!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

synthetik posted:

I'm sure I'm part idiot, but gently caress the negativity in this game. Whenever any has an idea, no matter how well thought out, the immediate response from the playerbase is not only 'no' but 'no and you are an idiot for suggesting that.'

That's one of the biggest reasons I like passing these peoples guilds on the high score list and why I'm funneling everything I do back into the guild.

That sort of thing happens in lots of different games. The older they get, the more the "old guard" become stagnant and resistant to whatever new ideas people come up with. As frustrating as it is to see, at least we've got Grumpy on our side. He recognizes that there's bitter vets out there and that we're generally trying to help him make this thing more tolerable while we have fun with it.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

We're going to help keep new players instead of the previous average of oh almost never because you couldn't chat until level 2. I remember mentioning it in chat and Grumpy said "good point! I'll remove it" immediately followed by pubbies clearly responding to me going no that's stupid and Grumpy will never do that.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

XP time to Level Google Doc v0.6.0

I updated the sheet so you can copy and paste XP because that changed in the new beta UI. New method uses the manual, so you don't need to use the beta UI anymore! I also Added Tailoring for everything that isn't an armor craft. Armor crafting under 30 is added (well I don't have base timer information).

I know people are using this sheet but I don't get much feedback, so if you want it to work better I could use any base timers you have updated in your local copies. I'm also open additional functionality requests. One thing I think I'm going to need is support for timers per island or equipment sets (spear fishing vs rod fishing) this could get complicated and how I would need to break down the sets will vary by skill most likely so I'll need feedback from users.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I have some notes from a copy of this sheet. I'll compare them and post some data later tonight after ye olde yard work is completed.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
Meanwhile we climbed to spot #45 in the ladder.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Ok goons, we need our next big project. Anyone have any good ideas? Grow our gardens in AB and IP and create a bunch of houses and extensions? Make 100,000 bowls and empty bottles?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Bug out all of the shared Orchards so they have like 12+ hours of clearing on each of them. BTW, Grumpy has apparently said he's done fixing them for us (because we're terrible and the one idiots who can manage to do it).

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

I'm pretty sure doing it deliberately is against the rules and will get people banned. At least, if we triple or quadruple it up, since total slot count grows exponentially. (Edit: actually, I'm not sure but I can't imagine he'd look favorably on it.)

Maybe a bunch of superior blues for people to wear? The nice thing about "sup blues for everyone" is that I'm pretty sure pub guilds don't do that, so we'd have bragging rights, and also they break rarely enough that we might actually be able to produce more than we destroy, if we put effort into it.

Food-wise, "seafood, stuffed peppers, and cherry pies for all" I think has been a pretty great cooking/gathering treadmill.

I also wouldn't be completely opposed to having one "pubbie trade project" at a time that people can contribute to at will (that's wooden bowls right now right?) and uses skills that aren't otherwise being used in a guild project.

Colin Mockery fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jun 1, 2016

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I am making wooden bowls, because gently caress it, I can. Cut more wood so I can make more bowls.

Ottumon
Dec 20, 2012

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Cut more wood so I can make more bowls.

Cut wood. We need wood. Everything is under the standing amount of wood.

wood

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Horking Delight posted:

I'm pretty sure doing it deliberately is against the rules and will get people banned. At least, if we triple or quadruple it up, since total slot count grows exponentially. (Edit: actually, I'm not sure but I can't imagine he'd look favorably on it.)

Maybe a bunch of superior blues for people to wear? The nice thing about "sup blues for everyone" is that I'm pretty sure pub guilds don't do that, so we'd have bragging rights, and also they break rarely enough that we might actually be able to produce more than we destroy, if we put effort into it.

Food-wise, "seafood, stuffed peppers, and cherry pies for all" I think has been a pretty great cooking/gathering treadmill.

I also wouldn't be completely opposed to having one "pubbie trade project" at a time that people can contribute to at will (that's wooden bowls right now right?) and uses skills that aren't otherwise being used in a guild project.

I'm kind of working on getting my tailoring up high enough to produce a steady stream of sup books/clothes but it's real slow going killin snakes and then stitchin em together.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Eldercain posted:

I'm kind of working on getting my tailoring up high enough to produce a steady stream of sup books/clothes but it's real slow going killin snakes and then stitchin em together.

Do you have a defined number that we could set as a goal for the combat goons to gather for you? I think Decayer and SaucerCrab are trying to get speed to 30 right now and ottumon is Lord of the Disenchanted Forest but we could probably do a snake hide run for a few days to get some gathered.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'm full on a bunch of bonuses and they're all totally worthless for what I'm currently doing (making bota bags), should I keep plugging or switch to something else, and if so what do we need right now?

EDIT: Also does 10% double drops work on crafting or just gathering?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

I'm full on a bunch of bonuses and they're all totally worthless for what I'm currently doing (making bota bags), should I keep plugging or switch to something else, and if so what do we need right now?

EDIT: Also does 10% double drops work on crafting or just gathering?

Double drops work on crafting, you should be using double drops as it gives double the XP (and uses double the mats). You can think of it as "10% timer reduction".

Switch tasks to something that can make use of them and burn them down to 18 each if you can't find something even get a minor that will benefit you from your current skill focus. Letting the pubbie donations rot is just a crime.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
Bugs:
So someone had a bug about cutting bamboo ;) I asked Grumpy and yes you had some replacement thingy script running on your side that replaced stuff and this is why bamboo didn't work.

Grumpy didn't like it, but:
21:17:42 From Grumpy: no worries, it's obviously not your whole guild, only a couple of members

I still don't know how he is informed on scripts that should only have an effect client-side, but i know nothing about scripts.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
it was me im the worst

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

That sounds really bad. Like edit your script to have chopping drop Easter pendants instead of bamboo bad. I'm getting a feeling that the backend trusts whatever the frontend says is happening, that's probably why you don't regen mana when logged off.

Perhaps how the smilies script caused trouble on his side.

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay
nope all it did was push errors to desktop. i missed it blacklisting amar on everything in my tampermonkey library.

Apparently Amar has a global check that pushes uncaught exceptions in the Amar window back to Grumpy's error logs. So if your script has any imperfections, its a problem, even if its not for/doesn't affect amar at all.

insanityv2 fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 1, 2016

Zorato
Nov 2, 2007

^ me reading your post

Is there any reason why I have 98 bonuses, or are they handed out randomly to the playerbase?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Zorato posted:

Is there any reason why I have 98 bonuses, or are they handed out randomly to the playerbase?

Any time anybody buys one, everybody gets it. So they kinda pile up around paydays.

If we're taking goon project suggestions, I vote we clean out the pubbies' stock of Festive Boots. +10% double drops, we only have 2 in guild storage and there are eleven for sale at 15k or less before the price doubles to 30k a piece. Considering our major advantage is sheer numbers, taking advantage of guilds having excess items like that is going to magnify that advantage; they get 14k/15k for their guild coffers (which they'll buy....what with, exactly?) and we get basically a 10% timer reduction on anything we do.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

insanityv2 posted:

nope all it did was push errors to desktop. i missed it blacklisting amar on everything in my tampermonkey library.

Apparently Amar has a global check that pushes uncaught exceptions in the Amar window back to Grumpy's error logs. So if your script has any imperfections, its a problem, even if its not for/doesn't affect amar at all.

So entire browser window, or just the tab? If its the full window he might be breaking some laws.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

and Bam!

EDIT: To clarify Earlier, Ol' Chucklefuck had been making some wierd comments, as normal, about how he intends to die, and then getting into some weird-rear end titanic-fan-fic-esque poo poo with LadyInWaiting. No one said anything but yeah, it was pretty bad/creepy. Then that happened. I'll bet he wasn't expecting that.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jun 2, 2016

insanityv2
May 15, 2011

I'm gay

pixaal posted:

So entire browser window, or just the tab? If its the full window he might be breaking some laws.

Just the amar tab.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
The whole stuff: http://pastebin.com/7Qs1mpvy

Kinda interesting bits:
23:15:40 synthetik :bird: : How do you whisper someone that has you ignored? It gives me a message "this player has you ignored"
23:16:35 synthetik :bird: : Then Charles, how did you "23:04:45 Charles Bukowski Muted : I bypassed ignore via message with 8 players to do trades and each of them took me off ignore quite proud"
23:16:59 Charles Bukowski Muted : I used message not whispers
23:27:18 Grumpy Aspersa : the short answer is,... it was a gap in my implementation, if they removed you, no harm no foul, if they complained to me, I would explain that it is abusing a bug and explain that you shouldn't be able to message
23:27:22 Grumpy Aspersa : further reports would result in a ban
23:27:37 Grumpy Aspersa : since none of this has happened at all, there is no issue, so let's not worry about it
23:29:45 RWSA : grumpy just basically said to charles: "you idiot, seriously, don't do that poo poo again!"

If Bukoneski gets banned, please log it!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

:rip: demnos (temporarily). Someone give his poo poo away to a newbie and/or ATF

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
The only reason I keep world chat on is to gently caress with CB. And darrens. And Cowboy. And YourWickedness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

in as wrassler. oh boy do i love woodchopping