Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Why can't Winston climb walls this is bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I live my life one loot box at a time.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Gone are the days (2 weeks in) where you could rely on a pub team to pick a healer

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I can't even play anymore because every loving pub is gimmick running like 5 soliders and lucio and there's literally no way to counter that

Sure there is.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
What's the instagib Genji combo?

Also, why am I way better at hitting things with Zenyatta's balls than Genji's shurikens? I wanna get gud with a non-paper hero.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I can't even play anymore because every loving pub is gimmick running like 5 soliders and lucio and there's literally no way to counter that

there's a way to counter that

it's just that you're viewing it as "what can I personally do to counter these six enemies" which is inherently flawed. a bastion+reinhardt combination requires teamwork to counter because they themselves are using teamwork to patch up a flaw in bastion's one-dimensional strategy. a bastion+reinhardt+mercy combination requires more teamwork to counter because they are using more teamwork to patch up a flaw in bastion's one-dimensional strategy.

the problem is that it's hard to get pubs to employ teamwork unless it's a gimmick like 5 soliders and lucio

gandlethorpe posted:

Also, why am I way better at hitting things with Zenyatta's balls than Genji's shurikens? I wanna get gud with a non-paper hero.

rmb+melee+dash all in quick succession. Try it in Training for a bit to get used to the timing - it's almost instantaneous. It does about 150 damage at point blank if you body shot his rmb shuriken - just a little bit of poking before you go in for the kill and you have an easy way murderlize people.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

roadhog gets a free kill if he aims at you and presses shift

widow gets a free kill if she clicks your head

hanzo gets a free kill if he clicks your head or your feet

winston gets a free kill if he jumps on you away from your team (and you're not an attack class)

Spotted the McCree main

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

gandlethorpe posted:

right click > melee > dash, each of those cancels into the next. if you headshot the right click it's 248 damage, otherwise it's 164 assuming all shurikens hit.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Gone are the days (2 weeks in) where you could rely on a pub team to pick a healer

I have just started staunchly refusing to pick Lucio until literally the last moment in hopes someone else will bite the bullet. Its actually been working most of the time!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Internet Kraken posted:

I have just started staunchly refusing to pick Lucio until literally the last moment in hopes someone else will bite the bullet. Its actually been working most of the time!

I bet you do nothing when you see someone get shot too, monster.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Genji's shuriken also have a bit of a weird travel time. I don't think there's much you can do about it but just get better at tracking enemies. His RMB isn't delayed so if you're bad at tracking and closer to the enemy feel free to use that, it's not bad if it's working relatively better for you

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I always pick either Mercy or Torblorjn (sp). Helping my team win owns

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

vyst posted:

I always pick either Mercy or Torblorjn (sp). Helping my team win owns

A good dude here. Unlike 99% of pubbies

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

It might be nice if widowmaker had a constant particle effect around her head while her ult was up.

I'll make the joke about it blocking her vision for you.

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

So no IRC channel to find goons who are playing this very moment? The few times I've popped into Mumble (off hours) no one has been in the Overwatch channel.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
try discord

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

96 spacejam posted:

So no IRC channel to find goons who are playing this very moment? The few times I've popped into Mumble (off hours) no one has been in the Overwatch channel.
oh my god its literally the first line in the op

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

To master Genji you need to stay in the offense spawn point on Dorado and Shuriken until you can hit all 3 bells at once consistently

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Are you guys having issues with gimmick teams/stacked teams playing on PC? On the PS4 i exclusively play solo quick play and I have literally never had an unbalanced team unless it's something like two reapers / no sniper / only healer is zenyatta and those are super rare. Everyone has been really great about picking good characters. It's surprising and much appreciated.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
i just had a guy scream at me for only playing female heroes.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I like picking Torb but sometimes I dare to play him on an Offense map and holy poo poo that will lead to so much bitching the second you start to lose.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

quote:

Since when [D.Va's] mech dies, she goes into pistol woman mode and plays a smaller role until her ult recharges and she's back into the action, i'm wondering if she could get away with a 0 spawn timer. Since her waiting for her mech back is sort of equivalent to a spawn timer for her, as her character is a lot weaker in that state, it makes the trade-off a lot more favourable and her ability to get to objectives quickly coupled with no spawn time would definitely help push points which would help her role of tank immensely.
Obviously there are other changes that could take place, but I feel like this would be a nice unique addition.
Lore addition could be a mech saving her at moment of death and flying her back to spawn, which she then gets in to.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

EMC posted:

To master Genji you need to stay in the offense spawn point on Dorado and Shuriken until you can hit all 3 bells at once consistently

Did it day one. :clint:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Hey goons, please don't ragequit one goon group because you're mad and go looking for another. It makes you look silly.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Kilometers Davis posted:

Are you guys having issues with gimmick teams/stacked teams playing on PC? On the PS4 i exclusively play solo quick play and I have literally never had an unbalanced team unless it's something like two reapers / no sniper / only healer is zenyatta and those are super rare. Everyone has been really great about picking good characters. It's surprising and much appreciated.

I only played a few games (5) and I got such gems as:

5 bastions and lucio
5 soliders and lucio

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I only played a few games (5) and I got such gems as:

5 bastions and lucio
5 soliders and lucio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUxLbvQ0Ghw

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

We're organizing a goon inhouse right now - if you want to join get in the the discord channel and let's play!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
One thing I love when I'm rolling 76 is seeing either a D.Va or a Roadhog. I had a match where there was both. I think I had about 6 tactical visors altogether :getin:

Still haven't got 76's ult achievement, though :(

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ddraig posted:

One thing I love when I'm rolling 76 is seeing either a D.Va or a Roadhog. I had a match where there was both. I think I had about 6 tactical visors altogether :getin:

The kill 4 people in one ult use one? You need more target rich environments. :v:

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Genji - more like win-ji. Was carrying hard with him last night, the "shift reset on eliminations" is hosed because you can contribute to kills so easily with his primary, and unlike tracer your other mobility skills have no cooldown so you can be double-jumping all around the map like a spastic while making GBS threads out huge damage headshots.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

8-bit Miniboss posted:

The kill 4 people in one ult use one? You need more target rich environments. :v:

Most people are wise to it now so once I pop it they tend to run and hide like the cowards they are.

Soldier dad is very disappointed in their lack of will.

Bhaal
Jul 13, 2001
I ain't going down alone
Dr. Infant, MD
For team stacking I've run into:

- the 5 soldier / 1 lucio, took some tooling to come up with an effective counter. Basically 2 reinhardt and 2 zen's with whatever else as filler. Barrier screws them up pretty well.

- a defending team with 4 tor's that would cycle their molten core so they had one on each team fight.

- 1 mercy, 5 McCree assaulting. One would high noon, the rest would move up unopposed and be pretty guaranteed of enemies ducked around corners that they could then E+RMB

- on capture assault maps (hanamura, the russian one) 5x winston + lucio can at least blitz the first point if your opponent isn't able to respond in time. I see it far less than it was in beta.

Those are the only gimmick groups that I've seen that were effective.

I did some highly scientific back of the napkin math and 6 D.va's might be hard to deal with if you were able to stay grouped and cycle your E such that you had 90%+ uptime while the other 5 are shooting anything that dares to show their face.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

If D.Va buffs are to make her more mobile, would giving the dash 2 charges be too much? Or maybe let her shoot while dashing.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Ddraig posted:

I got that by accident the first time I played him.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Verranicus posted:

Hey goons, please don't ragequit one goon group because you're mad and go looking for another. It makes you look silly.

As opposed to caring enough to come post about it here unprompted, which makes you look very cool.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Ddraig posted:

If you're playing anywhere above the garbage division, try comboing it with Zarya. Most people are smart enough to seek cover otherwise.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
bastion destroys the vast majority of gimmick 5/6 stack comps if he has a shield to hide behind, consider that option to ruin people's gimmick fun

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Any good counters to a decent Genji other than going Mccree like a scumbag?

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice
Torb is the best fighter I'll fight anyone who disagrees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Broken Cog posted:

Any good counters to a decent Genji other than going Mccree like a scumbag?

Why would you take one of the strongest characters in the game off the table when your opponent obviously didn't