Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

Hummingbird James posted:

Man, as a relatively unskilled painter, I'm kinda wishing that I didn't go with this particular scheme for my Alpha Legion. It's super hard to do with just a brush, though I guess a harder scheme will make me better faster, right? Also, I used way too much weathering powder, especially on the sergeant. Super pleased with how the shoulder pad looks on him, though.

Too much weathering? Who cares- they're infiltrators. These guys look awesome!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Oath Complete!

Claiming Where are my DRAGONS!: Technical Challenge and Monster MAY-HEM

I wanted to make sure I got my photo in before the deadline so here's a crappy painting desk shot.

I can still base him and upload better pics tomorrow, right? If I've got time.

Edit: Technical challenge, not Theme challenge.

GoodBee fucked around with this message at 21:42 on May 31, 2016

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I, grassy gnoll, oath four Infinity 28mm minis - one Nomad Hellcat, one Nomad Zondcat, and two PanO Akalis.

And Oath Complete!

Gonna try and claim the May Theme Challenge, as these are all drop troop models

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Ashcans posted:

I dunno what these are for/from, but they look great!

Thanks! They're Nomads from Infinity, which also has great rules available for free: Official Goon Thread

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
I can see the light at the end of my 20 models in four days tunnel but I had a quick question. I've read the OP twice and couldn't find an answer.

It's basically points per oath, not model, correct? And that's one oath per month?

The reason I'm asking is I hope to get a lot done next month. I've had approx 30 models additionally sitting around that I promised a friend I would paint and I've been sitting on them for almost two months so I plan to get them knocked out by the end of June. I guess I should oath the whole lot I plan to do then or do it in chunks?

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
OATH COMPLETE

Glad to have these guys done and finally see them hit the battlefield

TheFinalTuba posted:

I, brand new member TheFinalTuba, oath to paint the Closing Time crew from Malifaux

Looking forward to getting going!

TheFinalTuba posted:

OATH ADDITION! I, TheFinalTuba, oath to paint one Nightmare Edition Whiskey Golem, from Wyrd Games

This MONSTER of a model has been staring me in the face for way too long, and I'm making such good progress on my Closing Time box, I figured it only made sense to add him in this month. Wish me luck!

Aaaaaaand the completed models:

The whole gang, ready for drunken antics!

The Brewmaster himself, his loyal Apprentice Wesley, and Fingers!

The three Moon Shinobi.

The HUGE (for this game) whiskey golem.

Rear view, to see that lazy gremlin snoozing in the hammock.

Overall, pretty happy with how everything turned out. Once the sealer went on, some of my highlights got a little muted. Tells me I need to highlight a little more extremely in the future perhaps. That's June's focus!

Claiming: possibly Theme Challenge. Ninja Gremlins may be a bit of a stretch for Fantasy, I'll let the judges decide ;), #squadgoals, also Monster MAY-Hem! for that gigantic Whiskey Golem, and a big shoutout to my buddy Signal for encouraging me to FINALLY join the Oath Thread. Looking forward to getting much painting done this year.

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
Edit: Taken better pictures here, so redoing my post.

Scowny fucked around with this message at 19:03 on May 31, 2016

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
Oath Complete!

Jotums

Crypt Dragon

Auxilia

Lynus and Edrea

Gobber Chef

Blindwalker

Hutchuk, who was Speed Painted

Claiming Where Are My Dragons? with the Crypt Dragon
2 Monster May-Hem entries with the Blindwalker and Crypt Dragon
Speed Painting for Hutchuk

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Edited my post to claim achievements I forgot about.

Ugleb posted:

Oath Complete!

After much procrastinating over how to approach painting Huggy (and therefore Backpack) I'm fairly happy with how these came out. Painting tentacle face turned out to be a bit of a bitch, those things made it tricky to do her face/upper torso! Still, free hugs for all!

EDIT - Claiming #squadgoals and maybe the fantasy theme if these qualify.

SatelliteCore
Oct 16, 2008

needa get dat cake up

After test priming/basecoating some reaper models for practice yesterday I just could not get my airbrush to feed anything right (bubbles in the hopper, little if any spray). That's when after almost two hours of messing around with it (the airbrush had been sitting for over a year) I over tightened the nozzle and sheared it right off. Luckily I was able to get the rest of it out of the threads but goddamnit. I started at 1 pm yesterday and threw in the towel at 4. I think there was a clog that I needed to remove the nozzle for and pipe clean but I'll never know now.

So instead of fulfilling my oath I ended up getting absolute dick done and frustratingly ordering $36 of another airbrush kit and a cleaning kit. They come on Wed.

As much as it sucked it felt nice being back among my paints and tools. Next time oath thread.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Oath Complete!

I would like to claim this months Theme Challenge for doing a Fantasy model, as well as MONSTER MAY-HEM. I am pretty sure this is my biggest model to date. If only it would have stopped raining for a day so I could give him a spray of Dullcote but it was not to be. Oh well, I am excited to get back to working on things I might actually play a game with soon.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Oath Complete!

I'm claiming the theme challenge of fantasy adventurers for this oath; these guys will serve to bulk out my :orks101: Orc All-Stars :orks101: (for Frostgrave or other fantasy skirmish games). You can tell they're a team 'cos they all have a similar shade of bloody red cloth on them somewhere, even the dogge. #SquadGoals
The worm (my entry for Zark the Damned's Monster MAY-HEM!) was originally intended to go onto an additional scenic-style base, but my hot glue gun was on the fritz last night, so I'm just using its standard "base" for the oath. (I'll add in pics of the finished product to this post once it's completed.) (Much appreciation for chipping in to the prize pool, ZtD!)

Achievements claimed: Se7enth Heaven, #SquadGoals.

The full album link is here.

BobFish
Jan 16, 2004

Believe: The Sequel - This time it really will happen
Ugh, despite only oathing a single figure this month I couldn't get it done over the long weekend. :( Oath failed :( as I am not going to be home the next few days.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

Epic Magnus and a Glacier King done! Pushed this to the last minute...

Fantasy Theme for the either, but lets say for the PP Glacier King. Who also works for Monster MAY-HEM!

Also Se7enth Heaven

GK attacking a village for Monster MAY-HEM!

Work in progress shots:

Spraying grey as a second priming step:

Before doing the white for the last priming set I painted the snow blue:

Spray white from above makes it really look like snow. Sprayed the body red.

Base Coat done, touched up snow with white around the edges really looks neat:

After washes and highlights:

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

overthefalls posted:

:wooper: Oath Complete! :wooper:

If you go down to the woods today
You're sure of a big surprise.
If you go down to the woods today
You'd better go in disguise!

For every marine that ever there was
Will gather there for certain,
Because today's the day the
Lictors have their picnic.

Claiming:
- Monster May-hem!: Not the biggest monsters out there, but there'll be stories in villages about people disappearing constantly.

Where did you get this grass from? I'm looking for something like this to do the bases for some chameleon skinks

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete

Challenge
Baby dragons!

#squadgoals

It's a full litter of them!

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne
OATH COMPLETE

Scowny posted:

I, Scowny, oath that I will paint these 5 28mm GW Alpha Legion Headhunters

Scowny posted:

Finished these guys so I'm gonna add to the Oath!

I, Scowny, oath in addition the 28mm GW Gamesday 2009 Exalted Hero. I figure this guy will count for the Theme challenge?

Gonna claim #SquadGoals for the Alpha Legion Headhunters and the Theme Challenge for the Chaos Hero. Had a lot of fun painting them, definitely on board with this monthly painting thing. Just trying to find something that fits the next monthly challenge!

Let me know if the pictures need resizing or whatever, this is the first time I've taken "proper" photos of my stuff.

RUM hack
Nov 18, 2003

glug glug

Oath Complete!

They're pretty gaudy for a gang of orcs, and I probably need to sort out a better picture taking solution than that, but gently caress it, actually painted!

Claiming the monthly theme challenge, and #SquadGoals for the gang.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
OATH COMPLETE!!

I am also claiming
Where are my dragons?!
Fantasy Theme
Box Art
Squad Goals

I pledged the Battle of Calth box set, all four assassins, the 30th anniversary marines, and a lizard dude piloting an Ork Fighta.

Pledge proof

Assassins

Box art (I painted them as per the model picture on the back of the box.)

30th anniversary marine

Battle of Calth (painted as Red Hunters)

Lizard-dude piloting an Ork fighta

OK! so this is my first time completing an oath in a long time, so let me know if additional pics/info is needed. (I made sure to get the photo with my name and time stamp on, in case i need more info tomorrow when its too late, haha!)

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

OATH COMPLETE!

Ok, so this has been a lovely month.. I only oathed 4 minis, I got a good start on getting them undercoated and some base coats done early on, but *sob story time*, the company I was working for went into liquidation leaving me sans job, so the latter half of the month I've had to focus my energies in other places and these guys have had the dirtiest of 'quick' paint jobs :smith:

The good news is, I have a new job lined up and ready to go again for June.. phew. :unsmith:

So... I'd like to claim:

- WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?! (theme challenge)
- #SquadGoals
- Se7enth Hea...
oh wait, you said I don't actually need to claim this one because it's automatic, yay!

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost

ZachAttack posted:

I, ZachAttack, oath 2 UCM Eagle Gunships from Hawk Wargames (Dropzone Commander, 10mm)

Oath Complete!

also claiming May Technical Challenge: Dragons (gunships are like sci fi dragons, right?)

I actually finished these like 2 weeks ago. They came out more arctic and less urban that what I was hoping for. I think I need swap the order I am doing the light grey and white and that would make it look better. Lets find out in June!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
oath complete

Technical theme (?) is the fantasy troll.
I was about to miss it this month, since I had to do a bunch of overtime work at the office. So tonight I arrived at home, slapped on the last washes to make them passable for a test game on Friday, took a bad picture, and now it's off to bed. NEXT MONTH! Next month I'll finish them in time dammit! :P

Squiggly Beast
Apr 29, 2009

orksorksOrksORKS!
:orks: :orks101:
Gravy Boat 2k
Bit rushed towards the end, but Oath Complete!

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Oath Complete!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
OATH COMPLETE

Edit: Jesus Christ are those little slit visors a huge pain in the rear end to paint

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 31, 2016

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I was just about to hit bed when I remembered I hadn't uploaded my oath complete pictures yet. So, here we go! I even remembered to add in my username, something I had difficulties with last season.

With a right color scheme, Empire Wizards make fine Necromancers.

Claiming Where are my dragons! since these are fantasy themed armoured skellingtons. I also gave them a Night's Watch inspired banner, though I'm not too pleased with my freehand skills. Eh, good enough.

Also claiming #Squadgoals since that is also a complete troop of Revenants for Kings of War.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

OK, about 13 hours to go and we've 60 completions, keep it up people! Once the deadline's up I'll compile the Monster May-Hem entrants for double checking, and get the draw done at the weekend.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Claiming the fantasy theme challenge for the guy on the left of the picture with fur, chainmail and other medieval trappings, plus #squadgoals for a filthy band of Death Guard.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oath Complete!

Dragon!

Hydra!

Harpies!

I'd like to claim the Tech Challenge Dragons and I'll edit in my MONSTER MAY-HEM! eligibility, but I'm running late for a thing and wanted to get these posted in case somehow I didn't get back until late.

e: Ok looks like I qualify for:
technical challenge: paint a DRAGON!
#SquadGoals (#FlockGoals?) (on the ten harpies)

and

MONSTER MAY-HEM!
They're multiplying!

moths fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jun 1, 2016

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oath Failed, I keep biting off more than I can chew and losing my free time. Welp, first entry for whale saving of the year.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Claiming DARGON as well as Monster Mayhem!

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Too bad, I would've painted up my Archidon if I knew about this before. Going to try to participate in the June oath, whatever that will be.

Shachi
Nov 1, 2004

I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark-haired women and breakfast food.
OATH COMPLETE

Claiming:
Se7enth Heaven
Box Art
#SquadGoals
WIP Photos

Ran this one up to the wire and there were a couple times today I thought about throwing in the towel but I'm so glad I stuck to it. I been meaning to start doing this for the longest but always forget to take before pictures to oath them. I hope this is how I get the rest of my back log complete.

And for the WIP acheevo:

Primed and based silver with AB:

Comparing ink washed vs non washed model after the base colors were done (showing a friend why they call washes talent in a bottle)

Close up showing the OSL glow effects I was trying out:

I'm so happy about finally doing this. I tried some new stuff on these and this was my first attempt at doing OSL with the glow effects CoC has.

Going for the book scheme on them so let me know how you think it compares.

Note:
I went back and edited my original oath pic to have my username stamped on it to it would count for points, I hope that is ok.

Shachi fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 1, 2016

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
OATH COMPLETE

Claiming # SquadGoals

Here is a combined post of all the stuff I did this month:

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming Monster May-hem!, fantasy theme challenge, and #SquadGoals

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

chutche2 posted:

Too bad, I would've painted up my Archidon if I knew about this before. Going to try to participate in the June oath, whatever that will be.

Is your Rasheth painted? Because that's what I'm going to do.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Whew, painting an entire starter box and trying new things made this a bit of a challenge. Still, Oath Complete!

If you're wondering how the hell I painted the moonrunes on, I didn't! I took a pdf file to FedEx (formerly Kinkos) and had them print it on transparent adhesive paper. A full sheet of custom decals for 53 cents (including tax)!

I magnetized the vehicles. It was quite a pain, mostly due to the fact that I couldn't figure out a way to get the part of the mechs I needed to drill into to actually lie flat.

Also, I discovered that I subconsciously stole the color scheme from the shoes of someone I know.

Claiming Where are my dragons for sci-fi flying shooting things and #squadgoals for the "it's an entire starter set" bit.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

GoodBee posted:

Is your Rasheth painted? Because that's what I'm going to do.

That's a fantastic idea. He's half-naked hedonism bot.

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"

Pawl posted:

Where did you get this grass from? I'm looking for something like this to do the bases for some chameleon skinks

Woodland Scenics Field Grass: Harvest Gold or something like that. I went to the train store and it was like $6. Worked like a charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Oath complete!

I really pushed to get these guys done and I'm pretty happy with them. I wanted to get a dragon done this month but oh well.

• Locked thread