Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

well shiragaki is a bearer's grandkid, so

most recent chapter spoilers, tagging for polite and totp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Actually there probably are a lot of really useful quirks that you could have but not realize you have until decades after being bullied for being quirkless. Like retarded aging, the ability to regenerate limbs, being immune to he quirks of others, coming back as an afro skeleton after you die. I doubt Deku will end up with any natural, hidden, quirk though.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
There is a difference between having a quirk but not knowing what it is and not having a quirk at all. That is why they explained the toe joint thing in the first chapter. Presumably when a41's brother was alive they hadn't figured out the toe joint thing yet.

But then, even if Deku hooked up with a quirkless girl their kids would probably also have quirks, and I don't mean 14a. Each generation has more children born with quirks, and in earlier generations a lot more couples would have been quirkless. The resultant children would essentially be wild cards, with no obvious heredity to determine what their quirks are. In other words, people not knowing what their quirk is would have been more of a problem for previous generations.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Gyges posted:

Actually there probably are a lot of really useful quirks that you could have but not realize you have until decades after being bullied for being quirkless. Like retarded aging, the ability to regenerate limbs, being immune to he quirks of others, coming back as an afro skeleton after you die. I doubt Deku will end up with any natural, hidden, quirk though.

Well, we have the semblance of hints to what could have been his quirk. What form could you folks imagine it would be?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If Deku had a quirk it probably would have been something useless like the ability to attract fire, but not otherwise control or generate it.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
"My quirk is setting myself on fire. It's very painful."

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Serious Frolicking posted:

If Deku had a quirk it probably would have been something useless like the ability to attract fire, but not otherwise control or generate it.

So basically Pyro, a villain to the X-Men. He has extremely precise control over fire and can make crazy animal shapes with it, but has to have little flame thrower things on his wrists.

Not too shabby, all Deku would really need is a lighter. Or even, depending on how much he can expand existing flames, Roy Mustang gloves.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Or maybe Deku is best quirkless, as Horikoshi intended.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Begemot posted:

So basically Pyro, a villain to the X-Men. He has extremely precise control over fire and can make crazy animal shapes with it, but has to have little flame thrower things on his wrists.

Not too shabby, all Deku would really need is a lighter. Or even, depending on how much he can expand existing flames, Roy Mustang gloves.

i dont know how you could have misread my dumb joke so badly

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Gyges posted:

Presumably Stain thought he was quirkless until he got his red wings in college.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

can't believe Deku had Magician's Red all along, nice to see fire chicken still getting work though.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

But then, even if Deku hooked up with a quirkless girl their kids would probably also have quirks, and I don't mean 14a.

Yeah, but short of one of them dying or a break up post high school, the chances of Deku hooking up with a girl who isn't Uraraka is loving zero, lets get real here.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
This is a shounen fighting manga, so there is like no chance of anyone hooking up before the very end and maybe not even then.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

His father could breath fire, so he'd either get that, his mom's attracting small objects quirk or a mutation that switches it up a bit and possibly combines them into one. I'd say if they combined he'd probably get something like flame eating or something, where the attracting small objects quirk he gets from his mother combines with fire breath and basically attracts fire into his mouth. So it would have turned the series into Fairy Tail basically.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Slime posted:

His father could breath fire, so he'd either get that, his mom's attracting small objects quirk or a mutation that switches it up a bit and possibly combines them into one. I'd say if they combined he'd probably get something like flame eating or something, where the attracting small objects quirk he gets from his mother combines with fire breath and basically attracts fire into his mouth. So it would have turned the series into Fairy Tail basically.

that is where i got "attracting fire" from, yes. i combined his parents quirks in the most useless way i could think of. it was a joke, though obviously not a very good one if no one got it.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

This is a shounen fighting manga, so there is like no chance of anyone hooking up before the very end and maybe not even then.

Well yeah, of course it'll be at the end. But this is definitely a more Yusuke/Keiko or Kazuki/Tokiko situation I think. Eros is inevitable.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I liked my idea of a quirk that just sets yourself on fire better. You wouldn't be immune to the fire either.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Deku is obviously destined to be a hero so i think fire armor deku would be cool but i dunno if the school would allow him to requisition flamethrowers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Deku was destined to be a weedy little nobody until he had two miraculous encounters on the same day. He wanted to apply to UA with no quirk and a pathetic physique.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
He would have been a good cop, with his attention to detail. Granted All Might pointed that out before he even knew that. Deku probably could have come up with that on his own.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

Dr Subterfuge posted:

He would have been a good cop, with his attention to detail. Granted All Might pointed that out before he even knew that. Deku probably could have come up with that on his own.

Also a good teacher. Or trainer. Tell Dr. Deku your quirk, he'll give you a list of ways you could use it better.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Granted, he could still be a teacher/trainer at UA, in the far future.
Just like All Might!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Or maybe Deku is best quirkless, as Horikoshi intended.

Midoriya has a special stealth demon quirk that constantly works to subtly make things go all according to plan. First thing first, it made him appear quirkless so not to draw attention to itself.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Deku's quirk is the subconscious ability alter any x-ray taken of his foot to add an extra joint on his pinky toe.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Deku's quirk is the ability to draw baddies to him and have them cause chaos and destruction.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Midoriya has a special stealth demon quirk that constantly works to subtly make things go all according to plan. First thing first, it made him appear quirkless so not to draw attention to itself.

xanth is a bad book series

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Seems like almost all of the professional heroes we've seen so far are single, aren't they?

Of the heroes that've appeared in the story, only four are known to be married - Endeavour and Todoroki's mom, and Kouta's parents the Water Horses. Of these four, Endeavour is a strong candidate for the "Gendo Ikari Parent of the Year Award", Todoroki's mom is a mental asylum, and the Water Horses were killed in action.

Of the other heroes, not one of them is even indicated to have a girlfriend / boyfriend.

Doesn't bode well for Midoriya and Uraraka's Tsuyu's romantic future.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Midoriya is gonna give Vash the Stampede a run for his money in terms of bodily scarring by the time he's 17 anyway. He may even end up with the prosthetic arm.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Fabricated posted:

Midoriya is gonna give Vash the Stampede a run for his money in terms of bodily scarring by the time he's 17 anyway. He may even end up with the prosthetic arm.

Admittedly, if he could channel One for All through a cybernetic arm, he might actually be in a better position than he is now.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Astro Ambulance posted:

Admittedly, if he could channel One for All through a cybernetic arm, he might actually be in a better position than he is now.
If he carries a backpack full of them to replace them after each punch.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fabricated posted:

Hatsume Mei and Yaoyozoru would make great partners for Midoriya in that scenario. Mei can come up with new and improved versions of prosthetic arms for him in between fights / missions, and Yaoyozoru can act as his mobile re-supply station for new arms during fights.

Actually, is there any hero that Yaoyozoru wouldn't pair well with? Hers seems like an even more broken Quirk than Todoroki's.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

JosephWongKS posted:

Seems like almost all of the professional heroes we've seen so far are single, aren't they?

Of the heroes that've appeared in the story, only four are known to be married - Endeavour and Todoroki's mom, and Kouta's parents the Water Horses. Of these four, Endeavour is a strong candidate for the "Gendo Ikari Parent of the Year Award", Todoroki's mom is a mental asylum, and the Water Horses were killed in action.

Of the other heroes, not one of them is even indicated to have a girlfriend / boyfriend.

Doesn't bode well for Midoriya and Uraraka's Uraraka and Tsuyu's romantic future.

Well, Todoroki's mom is in the asylum because Endeavor wants her there, but yeah, there are surprisingly few relationships among the heroes we've seen. Though, All Might's secrecy with regards to his identity and such explains him, Aizawa is scuzzy and also seems like a rather private guy, and we just haven't seen much of the other heroes.

Fabricated posted:

And now we know how Mei will return to the story. Edit: Oh wow someone beat me to the suggestion.

JosephWongKS posted:

Hatsume Mei and Yaoyozoru would make great partners for Midoriya in that scenario. Mei can come up with new and improved versions of prosthetic arms for him in between fights / missions, and Yaoyozoru can act as his mobile re-supply station for new arms during fights.

Actually, is there any hero that Yaoyozoru wouldn't pair well with? Hers seems like an even more broken Quirk than Todoroki's.

Yaoyorozu's quirk is probably the single best one in the series, really, even if it's not the greatest for fighting (directly). It does rely on her being a genius who understands all the properties of the things she creates, but, yeah.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Roland Jones posted:

Yaoyorozu's quirk is probably the single best one in the series, really, even if it's not the greatest for fighting (directly). It does rely on her being a genius who understands all the properties of the things she creates, but, yeah.

I wonder whether her intelligence is an integral part of the Creation Quirk itself i.e. everyone who gets that Quirk also ends up being an academic genius, or if it's possible for the Quirk to appear in a person of average / lesser intelligence and therefore not be able to be used to its full potential.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

JosephWongKS posted:

I wonder whether her intelligence is an integral part of the Creation Quirk itself i.e. everyone who gets that Quirk also ends up being an academic genius, or if it's possible for the Quirk to appear in a person of average / lesser intelligence and therefore not be able to be used to its full potential.

Due to this page it appears that Momo is simply a genius.

Still she is not perfect and she does keep a lexicon full of materials and constructs that might be useful on her person.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

man kid yao is addddorrraaableeeee

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jintor posted:

man kid yao is addddorrraaableeeee

So is current Yao.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Deku's Quirk is All For One, because he is AFO's secret child. AFO's doctor told him he was quirkless to help keep him from discovering it. Deku's mom may be in on this.

Source: Horikoshi really likes Star Wars. AFO kinda has Deku hair in that one flashback. It adds another bit of symmetry between Shigaraki and Midoriya--both taught by their fathers' enemy. Also, it would be cool.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

Vengarr posted:

Deku's Quirk is All For One, because he is AFO's secret child. AFO's doctor told him he was quirkless to help keep him from discovering it. Deku's mom may be in on this.

Source: Horikoshi really likes Star Wars. AFO kinda has Deku hair in that one flashback. It adds another bit of symmetry between Shigaraki and Midoriya--both taught by their fathers' enemy. Also, it would be cool.

Deku's gonna lose his hand and Urakawa's gonna be his sister. so it is written

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Just to check Deku's dad isn't dead right? I'm pretty sure he isn't but it's been a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SirKibbles posted:

Just to check Deku's dad isn't dead right? I'm pretty sure he isn't but it's been a bit.

I think there was like only a single mention of him.

He was alive when Deku was a kid and I don't see anything that states that the same is not true of the present.