Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Welcome to the Zenimax RNG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1Qb-XNLkk8

E: Compilation of all the current exploit builds right now. Paging Doomfunk to the thread!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbEtN24VS4E

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 01:35 on May 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tgidieday
May 7, 2007
You can't kill me, I quit!

Sogol posted:

That hack would be fun (for about 15 minutes) if everyone had it.

It's reminiscent of the Excessive mod for Quake 3 Arena, which was also fun for about 15 minutes.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Well doh, everyone having it ruins the fun.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

OMG dota which magnified everything about all spells and passives by 10x was also really fun for about 15 minutes

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Can someone actually explain Dragonknight to me?

Nightblade made sense, and felt pretty fleshed out even from the start. Magblade is a ton of health/magicka siphon, debuffs, high damage, executes, etc. Stamblade makes sense as well, debuffs, high damage/executes/self buffs for burst, etc.

From what I've played of Templar it's the same way. Magplar is high damage debuffs/spells and healing. Stamplar is selfbuffing then stabbing the fucker to death. Both make sense logically.

I fiddled with a Sorc a bit and that makes sense as well, even though it's apparently bad. MagSorc is just slinging spells and maybe using pets. StamSorc is focusing on weapon skills and the mobility/shield options of Sorc to zip around. Makes sense if those shields/mobility options don't really scale off anything, but I haven't looked too deeply yet. The class might need a buff, but it seems like the buff is more "stop loving with the numbers" more then it is "what does this class do.".

DK....doesn't make sense. MagDK seems to be constrained to a single tree for damage, and it's almost all dots. Nothing seems to debuff/buff you like the other classes get, so you need to roll Destruction Staff/Mages Guild talents to fill the gap. Everything else seems to be either very situational ( flex and cause spells to be reflected! mez them into stone for a second! ), or kind of bad ( twice the magicka cost of anything else for a minor bad heal! give everyone in your group a bad damage shield that can be morphed to...increase your healing done? ).

So I thought maybe StamDK was where it's at, and sure. Whatever, focus all on Weapon Skills/Fighters Guild, you can make a class out of it. But none of the Stam morphs actually seem appealing at all. A slightly more damage dot! Great? How about....another dot but this one causes Fracture! Let's not talk about how every other class/line seems to have the ability to cause Fracture as a joke accessory to what they are actually doing. Even if those dots do incredibly great damage......that's the class? Hit someone and wait for them to bleed to death with the same two skills all the time? And it still feels lacking in other ways as well. Like not talking Stam morphs, Sorc still has that crit surge thing, and the phase jump thing, and the weird lightning invisible body thing, etc etc. Nightblade still has the cloak, fear, sap, etc. DK only seems to have the flex, chain to initiate, and maybe a damage shield?

Way too many people in the guild play DK for it to be bad, so what am I missing here. Is it just not a class I mesh well with or something?

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

Rookersh posted:

Can someone actually explain Dragonknight to me?

Most of the endgame PvE builds don't actually make sense until endgame. I wouldn't go off of someone's guide while leveling, even if it promises to show you the real reason you should be a dragonknight (hint hint). But to give an example, fracture and breach aren't much at low levels, but by v16, they are suddenly 15% more dps for the entire group on bosses and trash alike. That's basically half of an extra damage dealer.

Stamina DKs synergize well with the maelstrom arena one-handers, which provide a crazy 3750 extra weapon damage for dots. But until you grind for those maelstrom weapons, the class plays like any other stamina class (i.e. brawler and wrecking blow unless you hate yourself) with some signature moves for flavor. There's standard (+20% dps and damage reduction), dragon leap (because it's fun), dragon blood (e-heal with increased healing received), talons (cheap AOE crowd control, excellent synergy if you're running with magicka builds), and burning breath (fracture, yes, but AOE fracture).

Magicka DKs have roughly the same fun dragonknight-y things to do, and you can do them more often. But whip spam puts you in melee range with light armor and little opportunity for using 1h/s. If the DPS were top-notch, it would offset the extra challenge, but I don't see it. At least burning embers is good now, so it is technically possible to enjoy yourself.

Lastly, I don't do much PvP, but I should mention that reflective scales is the antidote to all of the zero-effort ranged builds you'll find there (like the one I use). No other class has a convenient counter like that.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can someone point me towards a melee leveling spec for a DK? I've always wanted to play one but I really want to hit things while leveling

tgidieday
May 7, 2007

omg chael crash posted:

Can someone point me towards a melee leveling spec for a DK? I've always wanted to play one but I really want to hit things while leveling

At low levels, stamina melee is the same for every class. Get a two hander, then level up the first two skills to the morph. Take critical rush and brawler: then you can zoom around hitting stuff with critical rush and finishing the job in safety (albeit somewhat slowly) behind brawler's damage shield. You should light attack weave brawler in longer fights (tap attack, wait about 1/4 second, then tap brawler) to save on resources.

This is what I do with my DK tank in dps mode, which is by no means optimal, but is nice and tough (see this post for details on how to use the skills in a similar build):

bar 1 single (2h): rally+evil hunter+wrecking blow+executioner+venomous claw (u) flawless dawnbreaker/standard of might
bar 2 aoe (2h): green dragon blood+critical rush+evil hunter+brawler+burning breath (u) aggressive war horn/take flight

e: Fixed for Dark Brotherhood.

tgidieday fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 31, 2016

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
Before the update you could use a destro/X build to level a Magicka dk. Mostly you are doing this by herding mobs into an AoE field full of DoTs which is a fast way to level if you can find the spots and run a route.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

quote:

Mementos
The Fetish of Anger Memento no longer grants additional damage on your next attack. It will still display its visual effects when used, so you can still use it to get really angry.

Well, there goes my memento-centered dps build, quitting this game

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Someone check to see if the Precise trait is still in the game because I have several gold leveled precise weapons and I'm gonna throw a shitfit if it's gone.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Scyantific posted:

Someone check to see if the Precise trait is still in the game because I have several gold leveled precise weapons and I'm gonna throw a shitfit if it's gone.

they're there they just werent in the patch notes because they remained the same

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Someone kept mentioning that precise was removed so I had to make sure.

Also, Burning Light Templar passive is scaling off of weapon damage only. Fuckin lol.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm debating even attempting to log in tonight. It's always a nightmare.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
Well, since I have some time, and got about 2 hours on the live server before the emergency hotfix or whatever, I'mma post about it.

Most things are good. Don't fear things and stuff. Except Undaunted chests. loving Prosperous and Training on endgame gear. gently caress you ZOS.

New Stam DK morphs are cool and good. That is all.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Except Undaunted chests. loving Prosperous and Training on endgame gear. gently caress you ZOS.

God loving dammit

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
No vomit animation on burning breath, boo. Venomous claws or whatever is a decent dot, interested to see the spergs figure if its as good as unstable flames. Logging in and seeing dead citizens everywhere was funny.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
So I'm assuming most DLC roll-out days are days you can't actually play?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

nutranurse posted:

Supposedly there was a big gently caress up with itemization in the patch which is why the server's down right now.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

nutranurse posted:

Frankly I was surprised the game was patched and ready to go within six hours of the servers coming down last night, and then running smoothly after that. We'll see how long maint. actually lasts for whatever it is they broke apparently.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Since all you guys are probably endgame, how's the low/midlevel population? Am I gonna have to solo? Not that I mind at all, but a question in my mind.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

killstealing posted:

Since all you guys are probably endgame, how's the low/midlevel population? Am I gonna have to solo? Not that I mind at all, but a question in my mind.

There's quite a few goons on NA PC that are casually enjoying the game, plus Wrecking Crew TM is gonna be leveling 4 additional toons as well over the next couple of weeks.

Beyond that, you can always group up with goons via the LFG tool which will scale you up (just make sure to get some good gear first).

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

killstealing posted:

I finally took my char that I created when the game was released from mid 20's to 50 solo this month, there's nothing that will stop you without a group. The leveling zones aren't completely dead in DC at least, I was often running around with people obviously doing the same quests that I was doing. I'm sure someone more sociable than I am would be able to find other people to group with if they wanted to.

Scyantific posted:

Beyond that, you can always group up with goons via the LFG tool which will scale you up (just make sure to get some good gear first).
Speaking of, how do I get good gear? I got through leveling by crafting gear every 10 levels or so, but I believe I've out-leveled my ability to craft level appropriate gear. I'm running around in the gear I crafted at level 44 and stuff that's dropping for me off mobs isn't really any better. Is there starter end-game gear I can buy or earn in-game that I should start working towards? Is there someone in the guild I can bug to craft me stuff if I provide the mats? And if so, what would be good gear for a stam nb to try to get?

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

God loving dammit

Yeah I cracked about 30 silvers and 20-ish Golds and got... get this... 26 pieces in one or the other. loving hell.

Least I got some Divines and Infused. 3 pieces. :flaccid:

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

killstealing posted:

There are literally thousands of low / mid level characters in game at any time. I'm continually amazed at how many people are rolling up new characters to play with. I only have one max-level character, and I'll also be starting up a new one soon.

The LFG / dungeon finder is... finicky. It can be buggy - I can't count the number of times I get dropped into a large group (you can't even enter a dungeon with a large group), or show up as tank when I queued as DPS, or end up with two healers, or failed to get scaled up, or any one of a bunch of other wacky scenarios. But if you use that tool, you are supposed to be put into a group (tank | heal | DPS | DPS) and everyone gets scaled up to VR16 or whatever the equivalent is now. This will mean that it won't matter what actual level anyone in the party is - I'm maximum level, and I've ended up with more than one minimum level character (10) in my group.

Being scaled up increases your health, magicka / stamina, regen rate, damage, etc. It doesn't give you access to abilities you'd normally have at that level, so be aware of that.

Right now, there's apparently a possible issue with this level scaling that'll be in your favor. I say "apparently" and "possibly" because I'm just seeing some people mentioning it on their forums, and I haven't tested it myself. Apparently, level scaling is making characters way more powerful than they actually are at the real level - so your level 10 scaled Templar has 1.5x the health, resources, regen, and damage of my level 50 Templar. Dunno if this is the issue for which they took down the servers now or not.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Yeah I cracked about 30 silvers and 20-ish Golds and got... get this... 26 pieces in one or the other. loving hell.

Least I got some Divines and Infused. 3 pieces. :flaccid:

What the gently caress? Seriously?

Man they really must want people to run prosperous or training on their gear :downs:

E: Hey doomfunk, since you still lurk around here, can you possibly give Wrobel a kick in the pants and tell him to consider removing Training and Prosperous from all current end-game sets throughout the game? Because let's face it, no one in their right mind is going to be farming for a Training Molag Kena shoulder piece, or a Prosperous Spell Power Cure set piece. All it really does is make the current grind more frustrating than it already is :(

If I or anyone else were considering running around farming gold or grind exp, we'd be using crafted 7pc prosperous or training sets to fit the bill.

E2: Keep well-fitted tho. I need to farm me a well-fitted Blood Spawn shoulder piece so I can perma dodge roll around in Cyrodiil like those idiots in DC who 1vX EP and AD PUGs

g0del posted:

Speaking of, how do I get good gear? I got through leveling by crafting gear every 10 levels or so, but I believe I've out-leveled my ability to craft level appropriate gear. I'm running around in the gear I crafted at level 44 and stuff that's dropping for me off mobs isn't really any better. Is there starter end-game gear I can buy or earn in-game that I should start working towards? Is there someone in the guild I can bug to craft me stuff if I provide the mats? And if so, what would be good gear for a stam nb to try to get?

You can always bug myself, flooby (@thefloobyest ingame), or tgieday (@ennuid ingame) for gear if you need it, especially since GoonBank is chock full of useless crafting materiel that no one ever uses. As a stamblade you'll probably want to be running around in Hunding's Rage 5-piece and either Night Mother (3 piece if bow/2hander, 4 if dual wielding), or Night's Silence. Hunding's offers a hefty boost to attack damage; Night Mother provides additional critical and minor damage boosts, while Night's Silence provides additional Stamina and Stamina Recovery. Or you can be like me and run Ashen Grip as your second set, which provides a damage boost and a Health boost.

Synthwave Crusader fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 31, 2016

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

killstealing posted:

If you want a leveling buddy I'm gonna be rolling a new toon next Monday when my sub re-ups and I get Explorer's Pack or whatever it's called. Assuming you're PC NA. Join the goon guild and yell Flooby over and over in guild chat and I'll see it.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So, lots of crying from people about the @name being displayed next to a person's name. Kinda dumb...

...but then I saw this

Keep the nameplates as forced. gently caress the RP crowd.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Scyantific posted:

What the gently caress? Seriously?

Man they really must want people to run prosperous or training on their gear :downs:

Hey doomfunk, since you still lurk around here, can you possibly give Wrobel a kick in the pants and tell him to consider removing Training and Prosperous from all current end-game sets throughout the game? Because let's face it, no one in their right mind is going to be farming for a Training Molag Kena shoulder piece, or a Prosperous Spell Power Cure set piece. All it really does is make the current grind more frustrating than it already is :(

If I or anyone else were considering running around farming gold or grind exp, we'd be using crafted 7pc prosperous or training sets to fit the bill.

This times a shitzillion. I've been holding keys for a month and a half waiting for this patch so I could complete several monster sets. I loving PUGGED Gold pledges a few times to get more keys for this exact purpose. To see many a lot MOST of the pieces I got in absolute garbage, worthless traits was the biggest letdown of this patch. I'm loving most of the other changes but this really put a giant and loving ANGRY raincloud over it.

What's worse is I've been saving Embers and Shackles, too. And the RNG seems to favor these absolute worthless traits. If ANYTHING needs an immediate hotfix it's this poo poo.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Well I'll try downloading it again then. Kind of lovely the regions are so split though. Even have to keep 2 50gb installs if you want to play on both :downs:

Wish you could just select server at login and swap between regions with your characters on the go.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Holy gently caress they actually removed Impenetrable from the end game loot table.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So the issue had to do with items missing from player inventories.

THANK gently caress I screenshotted my bank and individual character inventories last night.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I don't really have anything I view as end game other than my ruby mats.

Think I will level lizard nb now.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Are the DLCs mandatory for end game stuffs?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Having a really weird problem, it won't let me log into my NB and only my NB. All of my toons are logged out in Mournhold, but my NB gets an "Unable to connect to game server" error. :shrug:

It let me onto him once and only once, I divvied up his CP, and it won't let me back on him since. Odd!

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
My dk which has no clothier/woodworking/blacksmith was seeing both rubedite and ruby ash as well as iron and maple on the nodes in Hew's Bane. I was also getting rubedo and rawhide drops from the same mobs.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Yeah, that's how harvesting works now.

Good if you don't want to put points into the passives in crafting for stuff.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

sluggo is mad posted:

My dk which has no clothier/woodworking/blacksmith was seeing both rubedite and ruby ash as well as iron and maple on the nodes in Hew's Bane. I was also getting rubedo and rawhide drops from the same mobs.

They changed it so its like 50/50 drops based on your crafting level or champion point level. So 0 crafting but cp 160 you can get top tier or bottom tier items.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Actually glad it wasn't a bug. I sold tons of rawhide scraps to npc vendors with that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

sluggo is mad posted:

Actually glad it wasn't a bug. I sold tons of rawhide scraps to npc vendors with that guy.

Noooooo why would you do that? You could have passed those on to your crafter and farmed Dreugh Wax from them :(

• Locked thread