Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Answered my own question from earlier, controller still feels a lot better than KBM for this one.

This cave I'm in with Keira kinda sucks but at least these Wild Hunt guys are kinda neat I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

No Mods No Masters posted:

They're the mvp item of blood and wine if you want to wear grandmaster cat armor, having them on disables the godawful hood

I just crafted that armor and the rear end ears and various masks should do the trick too, seems like anything that takes up the "head gear" slot removes the hood.

One of the fights for the grandmaster feline diagrams was crazy, like 25 dudes and a bunch of dogs came streaming out of a camp to fight me in a river. Fortunately it was like a kung fu movie and they all politely waited their turn, I think it was the biggest fight I've seen in the game so far though. It also made me wish that I didn't have to waste a slot on the arrow deflection skill, I always forget to put it in before fighting human mobs and you can't change once you're in combat.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Yo this fat bald rear end in a top hat in Novigrad is like my favorite character. He's so smarmy and slimy and then all of a sudden he's trying to play matchmaker. He's like that inspector guy from Casablanca, but a criminal this time. Djikstra I think is how you spell it?

He ships Geralt and Triss like me <3

EDIT: Him and Geralt professing their love for each other just tickled me pink.

I was really split on whether I liked Dijkstra or not. On my next playthrough I'm totally gonna have to help him out 100%. even if only to get all the possible help at Kaer Mohren

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I think I just discovered an exploit: you can slot abilities of the wrong color in the mutation slots by equipping it in a normal ability slot and then dragging an ability already in the mutation slot to the occupied normal slot. They'll switch with each other regardless of color.

Finally I can equip cat school techniques without giving up mutagen power.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 1, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Sigh. I do hate breaking people's hearts. It felt proper, though, a well-written scenario. I thought they were really pushing a certain coupling but it felt more or less natural for it to end the way it did. Natural, but heartbreaking.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
This scene was supposed to be relatively emotional but I couldn't help but watch the grubby pot-on-head kid spaz out in the background. Witcher 2 is definitely stealing the show in the distracting things kids do in the background of cutscenes.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

So when Emhyr var Emreis' glossary entry says Geralt is linked to Ciri "by the iron bonds of Destiny" is that Destiny a noun with a capital D like some object, or are we talking destiny in the usual metaphysical sense here

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Ciaphas posted:

So when Emhyr var Emreis' glossary entry says Geralt is linked to Ciri "by the iron bonds of Destiny" is that Destiny a noun with a capital D like some object, or are we talking destiny in the usual metaphysical sense here

No, we're talking "something more..."

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

D destiny. It's a long story.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

Yes.

Ciri's destiny is sort of a big to-do in the Witcherverse, above and beyond just Ciri. You'll find out most of it in the course of things.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Righto then, always feel the need to check when they capitalize things like that :v:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So I just got to Kaer Morhen and I'm wondering if I'm starting to approach the end of the game or not. Should I go pick up some loose end side quests or go clear through Skellige's main quest? Is there a point of no return? How come Keira and Triss aren't in Kaer Morhen either? I thought I sent 'em both there.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

So I just got to Kaer Morhen and I'm wondering if I'm starting to approach the end of the game or not. Should I go pick up some loose end side quests or go clear through Skellige's main quest? Is there a point of no return? How come Keira and Triss aren't in Kaer Morhen either? I thought I sent 'em both there.

Is this your first trip to Kaer Morhen or the second?

I played a bit of Blood and Wine, but I put it down. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I feel like I need to play through the main game first to get a full appreciation of it rather than just playing it as is. And because I'd already had another playthrough on the go anyways.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is this your first trip to Kaer Morhen or the second?

I played a bit of Blood and Wine, but I put it down. Not that there is anything wrong with it, but I feel like I need to play through the main game first to get a full appreciation of it rather than just playing it as is. And because I'd already had another playthrough on the go anyways.

I guess that answers my question, but the first.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
You've got quite a bit more to go, the game is a lot longer than you would assume at certain parts.

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

What's weird is that it's not just in Polish, it's in DEBUG, which is the note that the quest designer writes before it goes off to story to be rewritten in Polish, then localized to English. I'm assuming you are playing in English?

Anyone else here having this bug? The notice should appear on the noticeboard near Gran'Place in the city.

Very strange bug, I may be sending you some questions so we can figure it out for the patch, do you have PMs?

It's a cute quest though, I hope you enjoy it.

Don't have that bug, but if this is for bug reports (I know it's not...) I can't upgrade my villa. I did the first renovation, but now it says "wait 2 days for the garden" and "wait 2 days for the stables", but no matter how many days I wait they don't finish.

Is this known? Is there a workaround?

Beautiful game by the way!

edit: worth pointing out that before i got stuck on the stables and garden, my "guest room" actually completed, but when I go up there are no renovations.

I loaded an earlier save and I can complete the renovations, but it's like 15 hours ago.......

Turds in magma fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 1, 2016

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh my god the giant bandit camp you fight during the cat armor quest is the best thing. I swear it was designed specifically for you to pop a Blizzard and dismember them 10 at a time with whirl in glorious slow motion.

It was like suddenly playing Dynasty Witchers.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

You have a good chunk of the base (non-expansion) game yet to go.

You will be explicitly warned to resolve side-quests at a certain point before continuing. Secondary characters associated with some side quests may no longer be available.

Depending on how much Skellige and Novigrad you've finished, you have 15-20% of the game left to go. More than a few hours, 10+

It's hard to exaggerate just how loving huge this game is, and how consistently great it is throughout.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

This scene was supposed to be relatively emotional but I couldn't help but watch the grubby pot-on-head kid spaz out in the background. Witcher 2 is definitely stealing the show in the distracting things kids do in the background of cutscenes.

(the guy in the background is another gwent player's literal he-whore and he looks up from the background)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcHrZft355E&t=42s

extra stout fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 1, 2016

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

After doing the basic upgrades to your new home, where the gently caress is this secret room the domo says they found?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Dark Souls 3 has throughly hosed with my instincts. Constantly hitting R1 to attack and instead pulling out a torch. Hitting L1 to parry and pulling up my quick menu. Maybe diving back into the game, after a year without playing, starting with a whole bunch of combat scenes, after a three month long Dark Souls binge, was a bad idea.

Also, I completely forgot to play Hearts of Stone. So that's, what, 20 hours or so before I get to Blood and Wine? (cause playing the new DLC before the old DLC is just silly)

God it feels good to play this game again. First thing I did when I started up again was turn off the minimap, I just found it really distracting for some reason. Probably the Dark Souls again.

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Dark Souls 3 has throughly hosed with my instincts. Constantly hitting R1 to attack and instead pulling out a torch. Hitting L1 to parry and pulling up my quick menu. Maybe diving back into the game, after a year without playing, starting with a whole bunch of combat scenes, after a three month long Dark Souls binge, was a bad idea.

Also, I completely forgot to play Hearts of Stone. So that's, what, 20 hours or so before I get to Blood and Wine? (cause playing the new DLC before the old DLC is just silly)

God it feels good to play this game again. First thing I did when I started up again was turn off the minimap, I just found it really distracting for some reason. Probably the Dark Souls again.

The same thing keeps happening to me. I go into combat and automatically try to dark souls it. I'm getting the hang of it but so far the game is boring me to death and I can't really tell if the alternate movement setting makes the controls any better. Gonna give it another few hours since these huge RPGs take awhile to get into sometimes.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I'm really liking the Skellige Gwent deck. No real card advantage outside of a single medic and the faction ability but it makes up for that with really strong units. A ton of cards with Tight Bond, a 6 with Scorch, a 12 with Morale and Skirmish that isn't a hero so it gets boosted by horns and baits scorch, a siege Dandelion (though the deck really only has one good siege card and there are no siege neutrals) and motherfucking Cerys. Cerys is the best card in the game. She's a hero with 10 power that musters three 4's with Tight Bond, meaning you can play Cerys and get 46 power out of a single card.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I am incredibly disappointed the grandmaster cat armor has a hood. What kind of sick person doesn't want to be looking at Geralt's luscious, flowing locks 24/7?

Also wow CDPR was ruthless when it came to making the GM armor a gold sink. One set is easily 20k even if you mostly do the 5-stage crafting of the components yourself instead of just buying the end products for 4k a piece.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Jun 1, 2016

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

extra stout posted:

(the guy in the background is another gwent player's literal he-whore and he looks up from the background)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcHrZft355E&t=42s

Holy poo poo it's a blond Michael Cera.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Ciaphas posted:

ehhh it's complicated, and sort of a question that the Witcher plays with a bit. How much are we ruled by fate or circumstance?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Qmass posted:

After doing the basic upgrades to your new home, where the gently caress is this secret room the domo says they found?

It's outside your house in the cellar in your courtyard

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
So has anyone here actually done some modding? How hard would it be to replace the Griffin Armor look with the Sarmatian robe you wear at the wedding? I see all sorts of similar mods on Nexus, so it's achievable.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Turds in magma posted:

Don't have that bug, but if this is for bug reports (I know it's not...) I can't upgrade my villa. I did the first renovation, but now it says "wait 2 days for the garden" and "wait 2 days for the stables", but no matter how many days I wait they don't finish.

Is this known? Is there a workaround?

Beautiful game by the way!

edit: worth pointing out that before i got stuck on the stables and garden, my "guest room" actually completed, but when I go up there are no renovations.

I loaded an earlier save and I can complete the renovations, but it's like 15 hours ago.......

I don't know, it's not my quest. I've heard people mentioning this, but the best place to get an answer is probably our tech support peeps: http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

They are very good and very fast and probably already have a workaround for this. Good luck!

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Firebert posted:

It's outside your house in the cellar in your courtyard
yeah ive run around all over in the cellar, it doesn't seem like there is anything I can possibly explore down there. Geralt said something about a wall as I went down the first corridor but there was just a big old piece of furniture like a bookshelf/cupboard fucken I dunno what you call it thing made of wood in front of the objective circle. Is that blocking something im meant to be doing ? It seems like the whole homestead improvement thing is bugged to poo poo because doing the basic upgrades doesn't seem to have done anything to the house and now there is scaffolding all over this busted rear end house...

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So I ran into a lovely bug with my mutagens. I unlocked every type of mutagen and the big bottom thing says I should have 4 new ability slots. But when I go to the ability screen I only have 3 unlocks and the 4th tells me to unlock 2 more mutagens which is impossible since I already unlocked every one.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Well, I beat the main story of Blood & Wine. I confess, I did not do A LOT of the side stuff. I was kind of in a hurry to start New Game +. When I did, I found myself extremely dissatisfied with everything that carries over in NG+. So, I made a new regular game on death march.

This last play-through was a rush to get to Blood & Wine while also refreshing myself on the story. Then I rushed to get to NG+. My failings, but now I'm taking things nice and slow. Death March is not as difficult as I remember it being.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

Qmass posted:

yeah ive run around all over in the cellar, it doesn't seem like there is anything I can possibly explore down there. Geralt said something about a wall as I went down the first corridor but there was just a big old piece of furniture like a bookshelf/cupboard fucken I dunno what you call it thing made of wood in front of the objective circle. Is that blocking something im meant to be doing ? It seems like the whole homestead improvement thing is bugged to poo poo because doing the basic upgrades doesn't seem to have done anything to the house and now there is scaffolding all over this busted rear end house...

As you enter the cellar there is a wooden wall you can blast open, it is straight ahead from the opening.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

What's the best build for Deathmarch these days? Have any of the old exploits been patched out, or?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Zaggitz posted:

What's the best build for Deathmarch these days? Have any of the old exploits been patched out, or?

Alchemy build is still disgusting, and the Euphoria mutation makes it even moreso.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

TjyvTompa posted:

As you enter the cellar there is a wooden wall you can blast open, it is straight ahead from the opening.
yeah its being blocked by a peice of furniture that was obviously meant to despawn. Guess its bugged out.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Does anyone know what quest you earn the virtue of compassion?

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I got it on "Father Knows Best"

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I got wisdom from that not compassion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?