Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Smoremaster posted:

groogy has been melting down for a long time now huh

Er what? My point was just because you get published on something doesn't mean you are the best in the world to answer things.

I recognise my faults and work on them every day. One of those faults is that I won't bullshit slide.

E: also that book was just a few years ago, I've been in the software development business since I was 17 and now I am 25.

Groogy fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Groogy posted:

So published? Not like those comes a dime in a dosin (did I use the proverb right?) what did you publish that is relevant to ww2?

I was 21 when I published books on game development.. Does that make me an expert on the subject?

Dime a dozen
And yeah that was the correct usage.
I haven't the faintest idea where it comes from though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's good to me when a developer for a game gets salty in the thread, for their game

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
i'm gonna be pissed if you guys drive them all off, wiz hasn't been spotted here in like a month

Groogy posted:

Er what? My point was just because you get published on something doesn't mean you are the best in the world to answer things.

he was making a joke bud

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Groogy posted:

I recognise my faults and work on them every day. One of those faults is that I won't bullshit slide.

E: also that book was just a few years ago, I've been in the software development business since I was 17 and now I am 25.

Don't drink & post.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I'm sorry groogy. we all do love you!

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
tbh I'd more concerned if a Pdox dev wasn't melting down what with all the poo poo they got on their plate

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
I'm going to start a petition to change Groogy's name to 'Three Mile Island' in honour of this thread. I'm sure we can work the hedgehogs motif into it somehow.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.

Koramei posted:

i'm gonna be pissed if you guys drive them all off, wiz hasn't been spotted here in like a month

same but the opposite

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I'm going to start a petition to change Groogy's name to 'Three Mile Island' in honour of this thread. I'm sure we can work the hedgehogs motif into it somehow.

three miles-prower island.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Koramei posted:

Goons will be Goons and they won't stand for their weird opinion on a particular CK2 DLC not being accepted in spite of already extensive discussion.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

tbh I'd more concerned if a Pdox dev wasn't melting down what with all the poo poo they got on their plate

meltdowns get a lot of hate but they can be healthy

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Groogy posted:

relax, you're doing fine

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Larry Parrish posted:

It's good to me when a developer for a game gets salty in the thread, for their game

HOI4 isn't his game. He does CK2 only afaik.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

mackintosh posted:

Late-game Stellaris runs fine on an 8 year old rig with a 4 year old GPU (I tested it on my backup system). Let's not exaggerate Clausewitz system requirements, please.

I routinely play Stellaris on my 2015 macbook pro so I know it's not the most demanding game. Even better if you install the mod that makes textures less texture-y, easing up on my macbook's nonexistant video card.

All that said I have no idea why the warhammer mod for ck2 runs like molasses dripping from a southerner's rear end on a hot day.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

nutranurse posted:

I routinely play Stellaris on my 2015 macbook pro so I know it's not the most demanding game. Even better if you install the mod that makes textures less texture-y, easing up on my macbook's nonexistant video card.

All that said I have no idea why the warhammer mod for ck2 runs like molasses dripping from a southerner's rear end on a hot day.

Apparently since they added Skaven the performance has tanked hard.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

There's a mod you can install that removes ulthuan and everything west of it which helps performance. A lot of the ctd's are apparently related to beastmen events and there's a hotfix that hasn't been rolled into the mod download doe some reason but I found it in the thread.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Stairmaster posted:

three miles-prower island.

:vince:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Drone posted:

You are behind the times! Groogy moved from CK2 to HoI IV a while back (After Conclave was coded, maybe?) for a time, and is now on a secret but possibly hedgehog-focused project. These days I am the only one on CK that posts here.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Oh, sorry Groogy!

Hope you're enjoying coding Victoria 3/Rome 2!

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Darkrenown posted:

You are behind the times! Groogy moved from CK2 to HoI IV a while back (After Conclave was coded, maybe?) for a time, and is now on a secret but possibly hedgehog-focused project. These days I am the only one on CK that posts here.

Groogy is now doing voice acting for Victoria's Secret you say?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I wouldn't mind a Vicky3 release sometime in late november with a first good patch mid december, so I can waste my holidays playing it. Get on it.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Tahirovic posted:

I wouldn't mind a Vicky3 release sometime in late november with a first good patch mid december, so I can waste my holidays playing it. Get on it.

Paradox announcements usually come well before releases, so don't expect a same year announcement-release.

They'll probably announce new projects once HoI4 is out and there's an "upcoming games" vacuum.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drone posted:

Last I checked those were paradox strategy games and this is he paradox strategy game thread

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.

YF-23 posted:

Paradox announcements usually come well before releases, so don't expect a same year announcement-release.

They'll probably announce new projects once HoI4 is out and there's an "upcoming games" vacuum.

They've started announcing games closer to release though, Stellaris was announced August last year.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Groogy posted:

So published? Not like those comes a dime in a dosin (did I use the proverb right?) what did you publish that is relevant to ww2?

I was 21 when I published books on game development.. Does that make me an expert on the subject?

Groogy posted:

i've got to hand it to paradox, they release a lot of DLCs but they also release a lot of free meltdown content too.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Tuskin38 posted:

They've started announcing games closer to release though, Stellaris was announced August last year.

Apparently people did not appreciate the 2 and a half year wait for HOI4 but they also didn't like Stellaris being released like right after it was announced, so...

I think Pdox will just announce things when they're good and ready. Or whenever their new corporate overlords demand another cash sacrifice.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
They went public, stockholders are going to demand regularly released cash cows now. One big title a year is an absolute minimum.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Apparently people did not appreciate the 2 and a half year wait for HOI4 but they also didn't like Stellaris being released like right after it was announced, so...

I think Pdox will just announce things when they're good and ready. Or whenever their new corporate overlords demand another cash sacrifice.
The newest wisdom is that a media machine can't sustain new title hype for longer than a year so get ready for more snap announcements of games coming to you in 9-12 months.

mackintosh posted:

They went public, stockholders are going to demand regularly released cash cows now. One big title a year is an absolute minimum.
PDS isn't the only iron PI has in the fire. And by some descriptions, PDS keeps itself solvent within PI by printing DLC money so I don't think they need to worry too much about PI breathing down their neck for more map games.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Guys, I hate to break it to you but PDS was always about making profit.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mackintosh posted:

So Rome 2 and Victoria 3 are garanteed?

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

YF-23 posted:

Groogy is now doing voice acting for Victoria's Secret you say?

No, I am the writer though for it.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Mans posted:

So Rome 2 and Victoria 3 are garanteed?

Neverending texture packs for German anti-aircraft gun crews

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Darkrenown posted:

So he's re-writing the Victoria 2 economy? Yeah, meltdowns are fully allowed there.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

So he's re-writing the Victoria 2 economy? Yeah, meltdowns are fully allowed there.

Personnally, I cannot wait for the Victoria 3 thread so we can argue political factions.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

The Anarcho-Liberals will revolt.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

I have neither felt the earth shake nor seen swarms of locusts around, so I don't think anybody has opened up the underground vault containing V2's economy recently.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
It'll be Stellaris but with little farmers and men with tophats instead of robots and bug-eyed monsters.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

DrSunshine posted:

It'll be Stellaris but with little farmers and men with tophats instead of robots and bug-eyed monsters.

Split the difference - bug-eyed monsters with top hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

nutranurse posted:

poo poo, can you link to this?