Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
If it's any consolation, guys are usually a lot better with faces than names :shobon: It took me two weeks to remember my best friends' name when we met in high school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

I don't have enough charcoal to adequately do these bbq chicken legs so I've got to finish them in the oven, but I'll have to time to asparagus right

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I can never enjoy the show Psych as much as I think I should because Maggie Lawson is so aggravatingly bland.

If all the show characters were ice cream flavors and you ordered the Juliet you'd get a cup of room temperature water.

Smam
Jul 31, 2003
I want to sleep but I'm waiting for a reply from a coworker about something so I can politely say goodnight rather than just fall asleep and disappear rudely. Come onnnnnn just answer, so tired. :(

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I ate too much ice cream and now I feel kinda gross. The container was almost empty, so I had to finish it off!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I ate too much ice cream and now I feel kinda gross. The container was almost empty, so I had to finish it off!

Is this you IRL?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6OCeOU2eyI

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

I can neither confirm nor deny.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

artsy fartsy posted:

I can never enjoy the show Psych as much as I think I should because Maggie Lawson is so aggravatingly bland.

If all the show characters were ice cream flavors and you ordered the Juliet you'd get a cup of room temperature water.

I never thought she and James Roday had any chemistry at all, which is weird because they were/maybe still are married

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't know when they split up, but she's married to someone else now.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ugh, stupid work wants to pay me to sit in the office for two days getting double-time and not having any supervision or work to do.

I could be at home playing Overwatch!

Oh, I brought my 3DS.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I was pumping gas and that song Somebody Told Me by The Killers came on over the speakers and it was censored "somebody told me you had a boyfriend that looked like a ___________ that I had..." I guess because it was culturally insensitive.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Decrepus posted:

I was pumping gas and that song Somebody Told Me by The Killers came on over the speakers and it was censored "somebody told me you had a boyfriend that looked like a ___________ that I had..." I guess because it was culturally insensitive.

Cards Against Humanity, known card game for edgy morons (like me), got rid of a 1st gen card named "Passable Tansvestites".
Thank God because even when the game came out, socially we were beyond that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I desperately want to get a Cards Against Humanity pack but I don't know enough friends offline to play it with :smithcloud: and no one seems to want to play the one on Tabletop Simulator.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I desperately want to get a Cards Against Humanity pack but I don't know enough friends offline to play it with :smithcloud: and no one seems to want to play the one on Tabletop Simulator.

Come over to my place. I have lots of friends who all come over and we have a great time and respect each other

:smith:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Decrepus posted:

Well this one I don't get. I never thought the song was saying anything related to trans* people...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Still have to work today but the office is going to be next to empty.
I brought a bunch of personal projects to pass the time but I just know some bad poo poo is going to happen that'll make me work.

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

I'm moving countries on Friday and I have a 1 litre bottle of Glenlivet I bought in duty free a couple of weeks ago that I don't want to have to bother packing so now I'm drunk every night and still haven't finished the fucker.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I shook my salad too vigorously to mix the dressing in because I hate it when it's all on the top and the bottom veg are totally dry and now it's all on the bottom and the top veg are totally dry.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I am ice-dyeing shirts and the container I am draining the shirts over has a leak because now there is blue and purple water spread all around our garage freezer. So it looks like it's leaking in reverse. I also bought the wrong kind of dye that clumped up so I have to redo a few shirts.

I ordered a deep fryer on Amazon because I have a ton of sweet potato fries and cooking them in the oven never gets them crispy. The fryer should be here tomorrow but i wanted fries today.

I couldn't find Disney Gargoyles on Google Play or loving iTunes so I had to buy the DVD sets.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm starting a new job soon but that means I have to move 80 miles away.

It's kind of a pain in the rear end figuring out all the arrangements. I'm moving to a city and I don't like cities.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My desire to learn how to play piano has resurfaced again, and the same things that lead me to not bother still exist. I still don't really have the room, prices on digital pianos are rather high (I know keyboards are a lot cheaper, but the whole not-all-the-keys thing is worrysome), I don't really know how much I'd actually do it (and that my interest mostly comes from wanting to play older video game themes or knowing how to properly air-piano songs I hear), and the fact that to this day don't have the finger abilities to not typo all the time on a goddamned computer.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
my wardrobe is outgrowing my apartment

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I bought new headphones and they sound really nice but one of the plastic bits near the speaker makes a squeaky noise whenever you adjust them, and it bothers me way more than it should.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My new PC's CPU fan defaults to 100% RPM which is too loud, but when I manually turn it down, it's too quiet.

I'm still I'm the mindset of "if I can't hear my PC, something is wrong".

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm still I'm the mindset of "if I can't hear my PC, something is wrong".

My family and I are still in the opposite mindset; my previous computer before this one was a micro tower with one single fan inside of it. In three years, I never heard a peep out of that thing.

This tower has 3 fans in it, plus the two on the video card :v: The only time this thing is silent is when it's turned off. That's taking some getting used to.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Malachite_Dragon posted:

If it's any consolation, guys are usually a lot better with faces than names :shobon: It took me two weeks to remember my best friends' name when we met in high school.

I messed up the name of a coworker who wears a nametag at all times. Don't feel bad.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I messed up the name of a coworker who wears a nametag at all times. Don't feel bad.

People at my work are supposed to wear namebadges. Half the time they don't. Then they get pissed when I ask for their name for a delivery because I should remember all of their loving names.

The drive in to work is usually not bad for 40 minutes of poo poo. The way home is insanely hot and close to rush hour. I was technically transferred 4 months ago. But I can't go yet for some reason and the boss has no idea when I will be moving.

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

I made a delicious French Onion Soup and now my fingers smell like onion, even after washing my hands a dozen times during and after the cooking

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The JPY/AUD exchange rate is loving killing me. One yen used to be about a cent and I've internalised that simple conversion, but it's not accurate anymore and it's making me spend more than I maybe should.

You can probably guess from this that I'm on holiday, so that's another layer of first-worldness.

Also my Japanese is infinitely worse than it used to be and I'm ashamed at how often I lapse into English.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Malachite_Dragon posted:

My family and I are still in the opposite mindset; my previous computer before this one was a micro tower with one single fan inside of it. In three years, I never heard a peep out of that thing.

This tower has 3 fans in it, plus the two on the video card :v: The only time this thing is silent is when it's turned off. That's taking some getting used to.

Yeah, this is an opposite move. Going from a full tower down to a little shoebox mini-ITX.

It's so tiny :allears:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I am currently a person of interest in a murder.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Well, did you do it?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My phone's lovely performance has gone from "sigh as something takes a bit longer" to "guess how long it takes from pressing the Task Manager button to the task list showing up*" to its current state, "I wish I could have a full-on temper tantrum over this phone right now because I just restarted it, why is it freezing?"

* Current record: 20 seconds

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

It's hot out an my train is late!

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

I got called in to work on payday :saddowns: Now I can't properly be lazy and enjoy my pizza.

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
I pulled my shopping cart full of groceries up two flights of stairs to my apartment, stopped for a moment to take off my sunglasses, and the cart rolled off the porch and down the stairs. What broke? One of the 4 tallboys of beer blew up all over the stairs and the landing. Of course it couldn't be something cheap like a banana or a can of pop. And the cart's axle is bent out of shape.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I saw my landlord in person and gave him rent. He then told me that rent wasn't going up until after summer so he handed me back $100.

Now I have a wad of cash and I don't want to hold on to it :cry:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My beard has reached the "you haven't trimmed this unruly patchy poo poo, so it's going to itch and grow into the corners of your mouth as punishment" phase.

Like, five minutes ago it was fine.

late edit: The Katering Show is releasing a DVD of their two seasons of work. That's awesome! Unfortunately, they don't take Discover, so its right out for me. :negative:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 06:15 on Jun 2, 2016

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Carbon Thief posted:

I pulled my shopping cart full of groceries up two flights of stairs to my apartment, stopped for a moment to take off my sunglasses, and the cart rolled off the porch and down the stairs. What broke? One of the 4 tallboys of beer blew up all over the stairs and the landing. Of course it couldn't be something cheap like a banana or a can of pop. And the cart's axle is bent out of shape.

So how does retirement treat you?
I only really see old ladies use those carts, but I can see why they are practical.

I would really like to buy a new TV or something else just to treat myself something nice once again and I do have enough savings to do it. But my current TV still works fine, my Laptop while being a bit busted up still does what it needs to do and my cellphone that is being slow because I accidentally threw it at the wall is on an insurance plan and minus a $50 deductable will be exchanged for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I ordered my favorite food for lunch and it arrived at approximately the same time I got some lovely news and now I've lost my appetite :(

thank god microwaves exist

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 05:37 on Jun 3, 2016