Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
red dead redemption was the best game soundtrack on vinyl but its like $200+ now so its not even close to worth it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

you guys are so loving weird

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

Bobby couldn't make it...
'till he went fun-truckin'!
This weekend I snagged the soundtrack to my favorite video game in the entire history of steam. The American Metaphysical Circus by Chris Roberts and the Field Hippies.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
It was ALMOST worth $1.99, but then I realized I'd rather jam a screwdriver into my eye.

Also, gently caress Half Price Books for having 3 new copies of RSD Man Who Sold The World for $30 a pop.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Peas and Rice posted:

Also, gently caress Half Price Books for having 3 new copies of RSD Man Who Sold The World for $30 a pop.

I think MSRP is like $24 so it's not that big of a markup. It's funny though that there are copies still online readily available for the regular price, Discogs has over 100 copies of it.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Peas and Rice posted:

It was ALMOST worth $1.99, but then I realized I'd rather jam a screwdriver into my eye.

Just get the regular reissue.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

What would be the most entertaining way to destroy a record on video? I need to get rid of a few things to piss people off.

And what happened to that dude who was taking pictures of vinyl in kitty litter? I loved those.

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

CPL593H posted:

Just get the regular reissue.

I too would suggest picking up the Ted Kennedy speech as a 180gram audiophile reissue. Better liner notes than the original too.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

uncle spero posted:

I too would suggest picking up the Ted Kennedy speech as a 180gram audiophile reissue. Better liner notes than the original too.

I'm waiting for the 2017 RSD exclusive Ted Kennedy Speech picture disc.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

uncle spero posted:

Original copies of the Man Who Sold the World cost more than the easily available reissue. Also many "original" copies you come across are bootlegs. I bought the 1972 reissue at least six or seven years ago and it was 30 bucks then.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

Snowy posted:

What would be the most entertaining way to destroy a record on video? I need to get rid of a few things to piss people off.

And what happened to that dude who was taking pictures of vinyl in kitty litter? I loved those.

Roll it up
And shove it in your
Peehole

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i ran out of ideas

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Snowy posted:

https://vimeo.com/34338112

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 05:28 on May 30, 2016

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

King Vidiot posted:

I'm waiting for the 2017 RSD exclusive Ted Kennedy Speech picture disc.

Rumor has it that RSD release will feature a hologram of a Oldsmobile Delmont 88.

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Peas and Rice posted:

I'm the moron who bought the Five Years boxset and even I think that's ridiculous.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Yeah, I think five years of Ted Kennedy speeches is a little excessive.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

uncle spero posted:

Rumor has it that RSD release will feature a hologram of a Oldsmobile Delmont 88.

Will it be a liquid filled record?

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

I probably had my best find ever just now. A totally complete, pretty much entirely undamaged 1978 direct-to-disc Wagner album by Sheffield Club for the low-low price of a single buck. I'm probably not going to get a world shattering price if I ever want to sell but it's still a nice find in my as-of-yet quite young collecting hobby.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
gently caress, instabuy.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I've gotten a few things I've been chasing for a while. None of this will matter to you unless you're a metal loser like me.

Summoning - Dol Goldur (Gold RE Lim 200)

Summoning - Oath Bound (Gold RE Lim 200)

The records I'm most happy about getting:
Paysage d'Hiver - Die Festung (66/300)
Paysage d'Hiver - Paysage d'Hiver (203/300)

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

edit: Never mind, I'm stupid.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

I remember growing up with the original release of the OST quite fondly, but I only recently realized it's actually two disc 1s instead of a 1 and 2. :saddowns: So yeah instabuy for me too.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Just fixed a skip with a toothpick. Feeling pretty good right now.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Boinks posted:

Just fixed a skip with a toothpick. Feeling pretty good right now.

What? How? Just by scraping some crud out of a groove, or...?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Oldstench posted:

None of this will matter to you unless you're a metal loser like me.

I find this post very intriguing.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Allen Wren posted:

What? How? Just by scraping some crud out of a groove, or...?

Yep, I read this blog post and tried it:
https://everyrecordtellsastory.com/2014/05/12/how-to-mend-a-record-that-skips-and-jumps-with-a-toothpick/

Took me about a dozen tries to find the right groove, but when I hit the dirt particle I could feel it pop out. My copy of Cruising with Ruben and the Jets is perfect now :)

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Boinks posted:

Yep, I read this blog post and tried it:
https://everyrecordtellsastory.com/2014/05/12/how-to-mend-a-record-that-skips-and-jumps-with-a-toothpick/

Took me about a dozen tries to find the right groove, but when I hit the dirt particle I could feel it pop out. My copy of Cruising with Ruben and the Jets is perfect now :)

That guy has a super obnoxious writing style.

uncle spero
Nov 18, 2011

BigFactory posted:

That guy has a super obnoxious writing style.

Its a long read, but eventually you get to the only part that matters.

'find the groove and dig the crud out with a toothpick.'

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Jehde posted:

I remember growing up with the original release of the OST quite fondly, but I only recently realized it's actually two disc 1s instead of a 1 and 2. :saddowns: So yeah instabuy for me too.

It looks like all three scores from the original trilogy are being released on gold vinyl, which is cool because I skipped the 6-movie boxed set, and RotJ is kind of hard to find. The other two aren't listed on Amazon but Barnes and Noble has them for preorder for $31 and $25 respectively, which isn't terrible.

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
Apparently I haven't posted in this thread in like a full year. I also had a kid kind of recently so I haven't had much time to do record poo poo.

So here's some LPs I was moving out of the recents crate onto shelves?

Please stop buying video game music that didn't originally sell with an obi, thanks.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

JehovahsWetness posted:

Apparently I haven't posted in this thread in like a full year. I also had a kid kind of recently so I haven't had much time to do record poo poo.

Please stop buying video game music that didn't originally sell with an obi, thanks.

Holy poo poo, where did you find those Bruce Haack records?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

JehovahsWetness posted:

What's the second from the right, top row?

JehovahsWetness
Dec 9, 2005

bang that shit retarded
Haacks are local buys, originally from a nearby school in VA (I think my copy of Dance to the Music is from there too). I bought the two Haacks and Shadow from a local record guy from his "randoms" bin at a hotel record show here. Skynyrd Street Survivor flames cover = $50, Bruce Haack = "i dunno, five bucks?"

Top right is McGregor's Brotherhood of Breath, south african expatriate jazz group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCBDExmB7Bo

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

JehovahsWetness posted:

Haacks are local buys, originally from a nearby school in VA (I think my copy of Dance to the Music is from there too). I bought the two Haacks and Shadow from a local record guy from his "randoms" bin at a hotel record show here. Skynyrd Street Survivor flames cover = $50, Bruce Haack = "i dunno, five bucks?"

Oh man, that's hilarious.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I've never heard of this guy until now, so I'm checking him out and it's loving great.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Allen Wren posted:

I've never heard of this guy until now, so I'm checking him out and it's loving great.

It's real kooky poo poo, but crazy hard to find. There are a few reissues of some of his albums but not much.

SimplyCosmic
May 18, 2004

It could be worse.

Not sure how, but it could be.
As a newcomer to vinyl, a $1 bin purchase of Martin Denny's Exotica has me interested in the Space-Age Pop/Bachelor Pad/Lounge style music.

Any particular albums I should be on the watch for?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

SimplyCosmic posted:

As a newcomer to vinyl, a $1 bin purchase of Martin Denny's Exotica has me interested in the Space-Age Pop/Bachelor Pad/Lounge style music.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Legit owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

SimplyCosmic posted:

I think this record jacket would make a pretty neat wall clock.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 5, 2016