Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Grey Hunter posted:

So finding 15mm Hueys is a bitch, so someone has put these beauty's on ebay.

Badly painted yes, but not the worst the tread has seen, and only £20 for 6! wait....

They are converted pencil sharpeners!

The worst part is part of me wants to buy them and see how much work it would be to convert them into usable models. I'd have to figure out how to make a flight stand though.....

Ha! My dad had a couple of those Huey pencil sharpeners once upon a time (having worked on them for a living). If it's the same thing my dad had, those should be some kind of cheapish brass, I believe. Though the rotors should be/are plastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Grey Hunter posted:

So finding 15mm Hueys is a bitch, so someone has put these beauty's on ebay.

Badly painted yes, but not the worst the tread has seen, and only £20 for 6! wait....

They are converted pencil sharpeners!

The worst part is part of me wants to buy them and see how much work it would be to convert them into usable models. I'd have to figure out how to make a flight stand though.....

Unscrew the blade and stick some brass rod into the screw hole? You could even thread the rod and screw it right in!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Z the IVth posted:

Unscrew the blade and stick some brass rod into the screw hole? You could even thread the rod and screw it right in!

Screw it, their a bugger to find and would be £10 each - I'll have a go! and report back - at least bow I have 4 slicks, a dustoff and using the parts left over from the Gunship I got off the wife for Xmas, I should be able to build a Hog as well!

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Battlefront makes 15mm Hueys in several configurations. Are they out of them?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

SRM posted:

I forget that I follow Dakka on Facebook but I get these autogenerated posts that make it worth it:

Why is "Titti Fight" not in those tags? Why?

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014

berzerkmonkey posted:

Why is "Titti Fight" not in those tags? Why?

Because the Mechanicum lost the STC to make Power Tittis a long time ago.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Titti in the Citti

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Tittis of Death

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Colonial Air Force posted:

Battlefront makes 15mm Hueys in several configurations. Are they out of them?

Yeah. You can get hogs but a lot of the Vietnam stuff is drying up.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Adpetus Atitti

Hauki
May 11, 2010

a funny thing happened on the way to the tittytorum

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Hauki posted:

a funny thing happened on the way to the tittytorum

tittitorum*

It's like you don't speak High Gothic

Hauki
May 11, 2010

JcDent posted:

tittitorum*

It's like you don't speak High Gothic

tittytorum was the one word he actually spelled with a y instead of an i

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
I am pleased that included in the handles was "citie" as those of us that love poorly proportioned (and orientated) breasts are not famously good spellers.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Re: Biostrip, it looks like they have two formulas, 20 and 42. Which is best for minis? I tend to strip with brake fluid, which works, but is drat slow, and I've got dozens of models to strip.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
I've stripped a lot of metal and plastic with 20. I've not tried any form of resin.

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

TTerrible posted:

I've stripped a lot of metal and plastic with 20. I've not tried any form of resin.

I've got some 20 and left some resin in for a few days. It went a little bendy, when it wasn't beforehand. Might have been the quality of the resin though, it was just a cheap Blood Bowl football on a base.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Found a rather old model of mine, probably painted around '92,3 maybe?

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
That ain't bad actually.

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014

Skarsnik posted:

I think it says more about the scupt than your paintjob, but for a second or two, I thought the tassel was a tiny, earthworm jim type head.

I am not a clever man.

Paint job is pretty okay, though.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I think I was pretty pleased with it at the time but I was very young

Thinning ur paints wasn't really mentioned in any of the books back then

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Skarsnik posted:

The face is actually pretty good in that shot. The all over flock on the base and the weird grainy texture on the model aren't, but for a model painted 13 years ago it could have looked way way worse.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It looks dusty. Is it dusty?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

13?

Also that's solid sand/pva on the base

goatface posted:

It looks dusty. Is it dusty?

Surprisingly no, not sure quite how it's ended up with the weird looking surface

e: on closer inspection there is dust embedded in varnish, good job young me

Skarsnik fucked around with this message at 18:47 on May 25, 2016

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Skarsnik posted:

It's amazing how much your lovely paint job almost becomes redeemed by how effective the highlight on his upper lip is.

I keep trying to tell my friends to highlight more, and some refuse to believe.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Yeah the highlighting is actually really good.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I do remember I first 'got' highlighting when painting green skin, probably why it's still my best stuff 20+ years later

The rest of the model not so much

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
GW's early paints had a REALLY good greenskin ramp which made painting greenskin skin a dream.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

SRM posted:

I forget that I follow Dakka on Facebook but I get these autogenerated posts that make it worth it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OWSIlmeHlzw

Maybe later today I will grab some pictures of my old Tau kill team that I converted up. (This was back in 4th edition where the rules said something like "you can take any wargear from your codex" so I figured since Crisis Suits were technically infantry, my Firewarrior kill tram could have mini guns and missile launchers and poo poo, and I pretty much made a Tau GI Joe squad.)

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
A while ago I made a first attempt at modifying minis by cutting off the face of a carnosaur because I hated the little stubby head the new one has.

I h ad also just discovered the art of covering poo poo in blood to try and hide fuckups. Doesn't work if the whole thing is hosed up.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I quite like him.

Brewsuke
Jan 8, 2014
Looks better than some of my poo poo. But I haven't tried painting any monsters and/or dragons. I'm sure they'd look terrible if I did try, though.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Guaranteed nonce.

Don't let your kids play KoW.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Alessio noooooo

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The same exact army was floating around in WFB for awhile, so it not surprised that it made a jump to KoW. Was and always will be a lovely, low effort attempt at an army.

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

lovely and low effort army?

Or bizarre "trolling" attempt to get a reaction? Cuz I've seen that floating around and while it's really, really dumb I've also seen people get legitimately, almost frothingly mad at it

(I'm pretty sure the answer is "both")

EDIT: I am also completely oblivious, didn't notice that it was actually Alessio who posted that, so I rescind my theory. Well, That's still my theory as to why that army exists, but as for why he bought it....

FrostyPox fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 1, 2016

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Alessio loving loves My Little Pony. His first draft of the Nature army had MLP references in it, and now he's producing a MLP game through his company.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
While it's not my cup of tea, I love goofy joke armies, and using those little party poppers as pony cannons is a cute move. I think I would demand that any pony opponent I played replaced the cannons for each match so the confetti would litter the battlefield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Ten Becquerels posted:

A while ago I made a first attempt at modifying minis by cutting off the face of a carnosaur because I hated the little stubby head the new one has.

I h ad also just discovered the art of covering poo poo in blood to try and hide fuckups. Doesn't work if the whole thing is hosed up.

Yeah, this is awful... ly good looking. Mods, remove this from the thread, please.