Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Mornacale posted:

More comprehensively, the Gay Agenda is about knowingly glorifying anti-Christian behavior in order to cause the USA (and therefore the world, which the USA is a unique moral guardian of) to fall to Satanism.
I thought Russia and strong masculine Putin was the guardian of that now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
The Gay Agenda is everything and nothing. It is an eternal, omnipotent, malevolence presence alternatively dedicated the the destruction of the human spirit and faintly amused at the futility of humanities efforts to resist it. It's basically the antagonist of a Philip K. Dick novel.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Screaming about the gay agenda only really works if they never, ever define it. Then it can mean whatever they need it to at the moment.

That's also why Islam is their favorite Great Enemy ever. There are 1.7 billion Muslims in the world. Because of that fact alone Muslims are just kind of everywhere and the raw numerical inertia is going to keep it in existence for quite a long time. Aside from that with a sample size that huge you're guaranteed to find at least one lovely person that is a Muslim doing something bad at some point.

Then think back to the gay agenda; it's theorized that 1 in 10 people are gay. Perhaps the number is higher. Gay people are everywhere. Then look at how gay people tend to swing politically: Democrat. It's very, very easy to turn them into another Great Enemy. Everybody has met a gay person and aside from that it's sample size again. With that many gay people you're guaranteed to be able to find a few that are awful. Then you can point to them and say "see? They're all terrible."

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Then think back to the gay agenda; it's theorized that 1 in 10 people are gay. Perhaps the number is higher.

I agree with your overall point, but I have to point this out. The 1 in 10 thing is false, no question. The number comes from Kinsey and has a ton of problems. The sample size and demographics are so terrible that number is useless.

The actual number is somewhere between 1 and 4%.

I just see that number get trotted out all the time, and had to say something.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

I agree with your overall point, but I have to point this out. The 1 in 10 thing is false, no question. The number comes from Kinsey and has a ton of problems. The sample size and demographics are so terrible that number is useless.

Wow, it's that low? I figured if you counted people that were kind of sort of slightly gay but mostly straight you'd get closer to 15%.

Then again I also tend to hang around lots of gay people so maybe I'm just assuming they're more common than they are.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Well the reality is we can't know, possibly ever, the percentage of "gay" people because it's constantly shifting. Especially as we become more aware of the fluidity of sexuality, and more people feel comfortable coming out, that number will likely go up.

It is however true that 10% is probably a generous over estimate.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I agree that 10% is probably bullshit, but where do you get your figures from? AFAIK it's really difficult to quantify, let alone survey.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx

Mornacale posted:

More comprehensively, the Gay Agenda is about knowingly glorifying anti-Christian behavior in order to cause the USA (and therefore the world, which the USA is a unique moral guardian of) to fall to Islam, which is basically the same thing as Satanism.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

The Lone Badger posted:

I agree that 10% is probably bullshit, but where do you get your figures from? AFAIK it's really difficult to quantify, let alone survey.

2013 NHIS data had 1.6% of adults identify as gay or lesbian.

A 2015 Gallup poll had 3.8% identify as gay, lesbian, bi, or transgender.

You're right to point out the difficulties in collecting this kind of data, but these are still the best tools available.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

One interesting problem that Conservapedia has is their policy of not being neutral regarding viewpoint, because sometimes they'll say something opinionated Based Solely On The Facts, and then circumstances will lead their opinions to change.

For instance, even if you deleted 'Conservapedia Proven Wrong' in 2014, archive.org will still show that you called your lord and savior Donald Trump "flaky", and rated his significance as 3/10.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140704001928/http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia_proven_wrong

Parahexavoctal fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 1, 2016

Mniot
May 22, 2003
Not the one you know

Parahexavoctal posted:

One interesting problem that Conservapedia has is their policy of not being neutral regarding viewpoint, because sometimes they'll say something opinionated Based Solely On The Facts, and then circumstances will lead their opinions to change.

For instance, even if you deleted 'Conservapedia Proven Wrong' in 2014, archive.org will still show that you called your lord and savior Donald Trump "flaky", and rated his significance as 3/10.

https://web.archive.org/web/20140704001928/http://www.conservapedia.com/Conservapedia_proven_wrong

It's a real shame that that page was killed for its thoughtcrimes, because it was one of the best.

quote:

Conservapedia Prediction: Conservapedia predicts that "By Tuesday night [Election Night], most American voters will have cast their ballots against Barack Obama."[33]

Actual Result: Barack Obama won an absolute majority (50.96%[34]) of all Presidential votes, meaning that more voters cast votes for Obama than for all other candidates combined.[35]

Conservapedia's Response: The prediction said American voters, not all votes cast

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

hey, remember that gorilla who was killed at the Cincinnati zoo last week?

Surely there's nothing political about that, is there?

Conservapedia's front page posted:

The right decision by zookeepers to kill a rare gorilla in order to save a 4-year boy compels liberals to confront their own views toward the value of human life. [10] Human life comes first for conservatives.

(...)

The retired director of the Columbus Zoo, Jack Hanna, said of the rare gorilla Harambe, "I've seen him take a green coconut, which you can't bust open with a sledgehammer and squish it like this. You're dealing with either human life or animal life here." [9] Easy choice for pro-lifers, not so easy for liberals.

(...)

"Trump: Zoo had ‘no choice’ but to shoot gorilla." "You have a child, a young child, that's at stake," he added. [5] Pro-aborts cannot be happy with Trump's stance.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Parahexavoctal posted:

hey, remember that gorilla who was killed at the Cincinnati zoo last week?

Surely there's nothing political about that, is there?

Its nice to see they moved from "liberals want to abort all babies" right into "liberals want to kill all children"

Its probably only a matter of months until those dastardly liberals just want to kill all humans everywhere.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Isn't that last thing Agenda 21?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Mniot posted:

still salty over 2012

Man the salt going to be great in Nov.*

True/fact no matter what. Oh god at someone's non-zero chance of winning.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

Isn't that last thing Agenda 21?

I'm still not sure what that was supposed to be. The conspiracy theories varied all the way from UN mandated bikes paths to mass human extinction I never got a clear picture what people finally settled on.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

I'm still not sure what that was supposed to be. The conspiracy theories varied all the way from UN mandated bikes paths to mass human extinction I never got a clear picture what people finally settled on.

Reduction of the human population to "safe" levels (usually something ridiculous like 2 to 3 million). Just anything the UN does is in service of that.

What ever happened to agendas 1 through 20 anyway?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

It's all those things. It's like the frog in boiling water metaphor. You start with unobjectionable, inconsequential poo poo like bike sharing programs, and then slowly work up to seizure of the US government and the ritualistic murder of all Christians.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Can't work out if I want a huge breakdown in November when Hillary wins or the slow drawn out horror as they realise president trump doesn't give a gently caress about them

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The latter flat out won't happen, on any level.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

Fulchrum posted:

Sounds like somebody needs to be more open-minded!

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
President, or should I say God-Emperor Trump is inevitable.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Even if Trump could win, and he can't, and even if the Republicans actually did anything to stop his fascism after he proved it's a winner, and they won't, Conservapedia would never, ever, ever actually admit they were wrong about him. There are no tears if you refuse to admit you lost.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jun 2, 2016

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

The right decision by zookeepers to kill a rare gorilla in order to save a 4-year boy compels liberals to confront their own views toward the value of human life. [10] Human life comes first for conservatives.
Well, at least Conservapedia is better than Freep, where the parents were to blame for just squeezing out kids for a welfare check and letting them run wild in a zoo.

Maybe they don't know that the kid was black.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

Fulchrum posted:

Even if Trump could win, and he can't, and even if the Republicans actually did anything to stop his fascism after he proved it's a winner, and they won't, Conservapedia would never, ever, ever actually admit they were wrong about him. There are no tears if you refuse to admit you lost.

They would just pivot on him and act like they were always against him. You know, like they always do.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Fulchrum posted:

It'll help that he'll reintroduce the Sedition Act. :v:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

The actual thing is a non-binding resolution that says "hey being environmentally friendly is good if you want to do it"

The conspiracy version is Literally Everything Evil

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Fulchrum posted:

Oh yes it will, once Trump loses he will be once again be declared a mutinous liberal, RINO, etc. Hell, there are already conspiracy theories that he is a plant by the Clintons to throw the election for the GOP.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Or just go with the no-true-scotsman BS they did with Mittens.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Well of course that will happen. Still, there will be a 48 hour sweet spot November 9 and 10 where they will have all that intense futile rage and desperation will be on display and no RINO narrative to save their feelings.

What I meant was, in the hypothetical where Trump wins, there is no safeguard to stop him being exactly as awful as they want him to be.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Fulchrum posted:

Well of course that will happen. Still, there will be a 48 hour sweet spot November 9 and 10 where they will have all that intense futile rage and desperation will be on display and no RINO narrative to save their feelings.

What I meant was, in the hypothetical where Trump wins, there is no safeguard to stop him being exactly as awful as they want him to be.

I think Freepers and Conservapedians have contributed to making me a worse human being. The thought of those people wailing, and weeping, and writhing in misery is actually attractive to me. I caught myself smiling at the mental image of hundreds of anguished posts by heartbroken people watching their world continue to crumble around them. I felt a moment of anticipation, the way I do for a UFC fight I really want to see. I mean, they're lovely people, but I don't want to be a lovely person.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Anyone have a good video compilation of all the people crying when Obama won?

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Not video, but

http://whitepeoplemourningromney.tumblr.com/

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Good to know this question has been answered since it first went up

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Centripetal Horse posted:

I think Freepers and Conservapedians have contributed to making me a worse human being. The thought of those people wailing, and weeping, and writhing in misery is actually attractive to me. I caught myself smiling at the mental image of hundreds of anguished posts by heartbroken people watching their world continue to crumble around them. I felt a moment of anticipation, the way I do for a UFC fight I really want to see. I mean, they're lovely people, but I don't want to be a lovely person.

Being fair you're taking joy from seeing the disappointment of people wanting other people to suffer and not getting the opportunity.

If you start popping a boner to these people getting cancer that's when I'd say you've become a terrible person.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

:laffo: that picture is amazing.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I love Smugbama watching him take his ball and go home.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Oh my God this one has me crying:

"What a dumb system you can win the electoral vote but lose the popular vote and still be president"
"Obama won both"
"Yeah...Barely!"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

letthereberock posted:

Oh my God this one has me crying:

"What a dumb system you can win the electoral vote but lose the popular vote and still be president"
"Obama won both"
"Yeah...Barely!"

I mean it is a dumb system, and we really should look at fixing it. We could have had 8 years of Gore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Tesseraction posted:

Being fair you're taking joy from seeing the disappointment of people wanting other people to suffer and not getting the opportunity.

If you start popping a boner to these people getting cancer that's when I'd say you've become a terrible person.

Counterpoint.

2009(maybe 2012) A gop audience cheering for non-insured people dying from easily treated illnesses or Perry/Mr Oopps bragging about murdering the most people.

• Locked thread