Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

BigglesSWE posted:

I shudder to imagine what the modern Republican Party would say and do if they were put in the same shoes as FDR back in '41.

Not saying internment camps are cool in any way, what I'm saying is that I doubt they'd have a problem with them in the same circumstances.
Internment camps are literally the only thing that FDR did that conservatives actually like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

theshim posted:

Everything is fine until you get to the last picture and then :stare:

:airquote:fine:airquote:

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I mean, you could at least follow the conversation, even if you don't agree with it.

But then it banks hard into "dude, like, what is value anywayyyyy" :2bong:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There's no more idiots of imgur thread, but this is just :stare: :gonk:

http://imgur.com/gallery/lubpQ

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

twistedmentat posted:

This may be the first time I've seen a phone screenshot where the phone is fully charged.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

twistedmentat posted:

A great, more fuel to the "all rape not connected to immigrants are just female LIES" fire...

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

twistedmentat posted:

Something That's Definitely a Honeypot

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

NotAnArtist posted:

I normally consider my friends on fb to be moderate and as a result I lack any sort of content for the thread. This morning I woke up to an old buddy from art school having shared a couple of articles from Milo Yianoppolis (or however the gently caress it's spelled) and some woman named Lauren Southeren condemning false rape claims and I lost a significant amount of respect for him :(
would you support his execution by the government?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

TheFallenEvincar posted:

would you support his execution by the government?

SORRY, but as a chef, i DON'T believe McDonald's workers deserve that much money because there's no true skill that goes into the job! I've worked at a McDonald's ( only to get off probation) but everything is already pre- made, all they have to do is either put it in a grill that has a timer, or drop it in a fryer that has a timer.... The food is poo poo and a well trained chimp could do that job. That's not chef's work, therefore, it doesn't warrant chef's pay.....

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

NotAnArtist posted:

I normally consider my friends on fb to be moderate and as a result I lack any sort of content for the thread. This morning I woke up to an old buddy from art school having shared a couple of articles from Milo Yianoppolis (or however the gently caress it's spelled) and some woman named Lauren Southeren condemning false rape claims and I lost a significant amount of respect for him :(
I mean, when someone does actually make a malicious false accusation of rape that's legitimately messed up, but every bit of evidence points to those cases being overwhelmingly the exceptions to the rule, especially compared to how many rapes never even get to the accusation stage.

Also, there was the interview where Milo more or less admitted to being a sociopath, and it's utterly transparent that he's a vapid provocateur who writes the worst kind of tabloid garbage, AND he works for of all places Breitbart, a site founded by a man whose only purpose in life was to hurt liberals by any means necessary, and said site somehow got even worse after his death. So if someone is unironically resharing Milo's articles, losing respect for them is pretty natural because they've just shown that they like what decent people will immediately recognize as obvious garbage.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/08/magazine/milo-yiannopoulos-doesnt-have-feelings.html?_r=0

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I like to post "there's no smoke without fire" in every thread about false rape accusations regardless of context just to see what happens.

Also I kind of just believe that in general v:shobon:v

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

fullroundaction posted:

I like to post "there's no smoke without fire" in every thread about false rape accusations regardless of context just to see what happens.

No smoke without fire!

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

fullroundaction posted:

I'm really not good with metaphors, so just to be clear, what does that mean in context of a false rape claim? That they were falsely accused for a reason?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

fullroundaction posted:

I believe in a little something called the American justice system and the phrase "innocent until proven guilty"

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Kay Kessler posted:

I'm really not good with metaphors, so just to be clear, what does that mean in context of a false rape claim? That they were falsely accused for a reason?

"that guy we just lynched/harassed into killing himself must have done something, all that media attention we created would never have happened otherwise"

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Yeah, that's what I assumed, but I figured I must have been misreading it.

hosed up, dude.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fullroundaction posted:

Hey, looks like it even works when you explain what you're doing.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Stuntman posted:

Hey, looks like it even works when you explain what you're doing.

Really is impressive, isn't it?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

twistedmentat posted:

I have no earthly idea why he would make those, but those screenshots are fake. The font size is too small for the iPhone 3GS or earlier, and the resolution is too poor for the iPhone 4 or later.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

Hey they said "MO DRINKING" so now she can drink away the memory of calling that guy a hot stud muffin.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Time for some heavy handed P H I L O S O P H Y

http://imgur.com/gallery/lt4DF

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

fizzymercy posted:

Hey they said "MO DRINKING" so now she can drink away the memory of calling that guy a hot stud muffin.

Mo' drinking mo' boys. Got it.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yea he said Mo drinking and how can you drink without boys?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Plom Bar posted:

I have no earthly idea why he would make those, but those screenshots are fake. The font size is too small for the iPhone 3GS or earlier, and the resolution is too poor for the iPhone 4 or later.

Also maybe it's just me, but it seems unlikely that a long, multiple-paragraph conversation like this could take place in one minute.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

paradoxGentleman posted:

Also maybe it's just me, but it seems unlikely that a long, multiple-paragraph conversation like this could take place in one minute.

It didn't? (assuming it's real, which it likely isn't) they just went back over and took screenshots after it was done

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Jia posted:

It didn't? (assuming it's real, which it likely isn't) they just went back over and took screenshots after it was done

Oh right, duh,

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I actually like this one:

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

chitoryu12 posted:

Problem is a lot of those people need more than 2 guns.

e: you'd also probably have to arrange them in 3d somehow.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

A Man With A Plan posted:

Problem is a lot of those people need more than 2 guns.

e: you'd also probably have to arrange them in 3d somehow.

Hypercube of guns. So the GOP's wet dream.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I get a lot of posts on Facebook about terminal Illnesses, hurricane victims, grandma in the hospital whatever who fuckin cares but all of them specifically say to copy and paste the status, that you can't just share it. Why is that? Don't they do the same thing? Thanks for the help

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Regardless of the message, I will support a movement to have Putin pictured this way in every form of media.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

oldpainless posted:

I get a lot of posts on Facebook about terminal Illnesses, hurricane victims, grandma in the hospital whatever who fuckin cares but all of them specifically say to copy and paste the status, that you can't just share it. Why is that? Don't they do the same thing? Thanks for the help

Isn't that some dumb game where if you repost it, they contact you and say, haha you fell for my trick, now you have to post one of the following things, and they list all the things you just listed in that post plus more.

E: Now that i thought about it, that doesn't make sense, because you already posted it, never mind.

Gross Dude has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Jun 2, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Gross Dude posted:

Isn't that some dumb game where if you repost it, they contact you and say, haha you fell for my trick, now you have to post one of the following things, and they list all the things you just listed in that post plus more.

E: Now that i thought about it, that doesn't make sense, because you already posted it, never mind.

I "fell" for something like that twice. Someone posts a really outlandish status that makes them sound completely awful or bizarre (like "Sometimes when nobody's around, I cover myself in grease and squirm on the ground pretending to be a slug"), and everyone who comments on it is sent a chain letter that basically says "Ha! You got fooled!" with a list of outlandish fake statuses to post to keep the chain going.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

AfroSquirrel posted:

Now it just needs a Dark Souls reference and it will be ready for release into the wild.

You will be saddened to know that was already wild caught.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

chitoryu12 posted:

Are ISIS and ISIL different entities? Because the anti-ISIS coalition contains ISIL, and I am very confused.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Are ISIS and ISIL different entities? Because the anti-ISIS coalition contains ISIL, and I am very confused.

I like how Assad and the Syrian army are two totally different people, too. Is the whole thing in Syria happening because the military can't stop this superhuman monster who kills people with his bare hands?

A Man With A Plan
Mar 29, 2010
Fallen Rib

change my name posted:

I like how Assad and the Syrian army are two totally different people, too. Is the whole thing in Syria happening because the military can't stop this superhuman monster who kills people with his bare hands?

A hint: the labels weren't added by the artist.

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
The "Syrian Army" has an iraqi flag on his helmet.

Edit: After looking it up, that flag was Syria's like 40 years ago and then the Iraqis after that. Is it currently being used?

Gross Dude has a new favorite as of 02:51 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

oldpainless posted:

I have no idea why people do it, but I find it incredibly irritating. You start reading a post from one of your friends and think "This is weird, it doesn't sound like them at all" and it turns out it isn't, it's some bullshit they copied from someone else.