Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Someone posted a Genji reflect on a loving High Noon shot earlier in this thread, good poo poo.

I just saw this video of him reflecting Hanzo's ult, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI6ZQ1-37-Q

Also this great 59-second game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUe__Jrn0rE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

HardDisk posted:

How's the range on that? Isn't it melee range anyway?

You don't have to be right up on someone for it to hit, I knocked a D.Va into the Nepal pit from about 30 or 40% of the distance across the control point. I've also killed a few people with it that were trying to disengage, so they had to be more than a few meters away.

Also if you're trying to launch them off of someplace like the Ilos lighthouse, remember to aim above their heads so the force knocks them up and over the railings.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

lmao reaper's guns say "RPNT" which Im guessing is repent

His crow skin guns say "CRWND" which I assume is crow + owned and not "you have been crowned the king"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

one time I deflected a widowmaker's headshot back into her own head

that was a good time

one time a genji deflected my helix rocket back into my face

that was less of a good time

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I'm getting kind of upset with picking Lucio meaning "oh, so we should all scatter and play solo all over the map? okay!"

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I'm getting kind of upset with picking Lucio meaning "oh, so we should all scatter and play solo all over the map? okay!"

I've seen this happen so many times, pointed it out to the team and then watched as they lose their poo poo because I get in a huff and switch over to an offense character who can solo a little bit.

gently caress you guys. Listen to the loving support when he loving tells you why he can't loving support you. :byodood:

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Solumin posted:

I just saw this video of him reflecting Hanzo's ult, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI6ZQ1-37-Q

Also this great 59-second game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUe__Jrn0rE

Me and a friend have been rocking dual Lucio when on the attacker team. We haven't done poo poo quite like that but it's hilarious when you have two Lucio's buffing a team of pubbies to make them heal and move super-fast. When the healer goes down, just have the other Lucio switch tunes while the respawning Lucio waits for a person or two to hustle to the front lines.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Of course, there's no amount of sick beats that will help those people. :v: Or the ones that want to do triple or quadruple Lucio.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said it before but flankers are good. A team of nothing but flankers is bad. You need people who can do things besides flank. If you are not someone who can comfortably be on a point and two other people on the team are also people who can't comfortably be on a point then maybe become someone who can be on a point so you don't have three frigging Hanzos sitting on the sideline sniping while the enemy just takes the point.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

whenever I play Genji now I feel like I miss almost every shuriken, gently caress up every combo, get dunked on by tracers and mccrees but then i'm still usually top elim and dmg and my winrate on the hero just keeps going up, currently at 62%

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Thor-Stryker posted:

It seems to prioritize groups and W/L ratio over any other metric. That being said I've had a few groups of 15-25rank absolutely demolish opposing 25-45ranked groups.

I'm playing solo so it's just kind of weird

I just got into another game where I was the only person on my team above level 20 up against 20s/30s + one level 86

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Lucios gun is actually pretty good if you lead a little and aim for the upper torso/head, or against anyone coming straight at you down a choke point. It's actually not to hard to pick off a preoccupied reinhardt/roadhog with it either.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm playing solo so it's just kind of weird

then loving stop it

https://discord.gg/0cI5KQgbeor6IF2f

If you can read this post theres a really easy way to avoid playing with randos who have never played a video game before

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Thor-Stryker posted:

That being said I've had a few groups of 15-25rank absolutely demolish opposing 25-45ranked groups.

Are you referring to their levels? Those numbers aren't ranks and shouldn't really be seen as such, just playtime. Even then, when trying out a new character, those levels might as well be like 5 (to account for experience on the map and objectives at least). I am in the 70s and this is the first FPS I've played since UT2004, and even that was just in a FFA roaming map vs AI with unlimited rockets for fun. I am not better than level 30-60s, especially if they have some fps experience and fast reflexes. I just happen to have more time played and loot boxes earned than they do.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

What is the best Reinhardt legendary skin, I have been saving my Overwatch funbucks.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I approve of this game letting me cosplay as Titanfall

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

What is the best Reinhardt legendary skin, I have been saving my Overwatch funbucks.

Lionhardt of course.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Anything but stonehardt, because i already bought stonehardt (the best skin) and i want to remain unique

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Reflecting a High Noon is pretty straightforward. I reflected with a headshot, but is that required to kill McCree, or can you just do a (err) body shot?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I realize that Overwatch has to be popular with the kids but I really wish Lucio was a Eurobeat DJ instead.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

My favorite Rein skin is probably the white-and-gold 250 credit one.
Although I haven't actually bought it yet because I got the Smelter Demon skin from one of my first loot boxes.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Dirt Taco Scuba posted:

Just about all of them really.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
All of Reinhardt's skins are good (tho I prefer his raidboss legendary ones).

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Elderbean posted:

Lucios gun is actually pretty good if you lead a little and aim for the upper torso/head, or against anyone coming straight at you down a choke point. It's actually not to hard to pick off a preoccupied reinhardt/roadhog with it either.

It's literally the worst gun in the game. Same damage as Mercy's, but shoots slow moving orbs in a burst instead of automatic.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Seriously, if you guys don't like playing with pubbies take a half hour and add everyone to your bnet from the spreadsheet in the first post. You won't make it out of the menus or possibly through your first solo match without getting an invite from someone.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Reinhardt needs a Baywatch speedo skin

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Countblanc posted:

Reinhardt needs a Baywatch speedo skin

Kids dese days don't listen to da CLASSICS, so nobody would get it.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

Broken Cog posted:

It's literally the worst gun in the game. Same damage as Mercy's, but shoots slow moving orbs in a burst instead of automatic.

But you don't lose any utility while using your gun, unlike Mercy.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

Yeah but it's got the doot right click that can push people away from you so you can escape or send them screaming into the abyss. Plus you can heal while it's equipped so it's automatically a better gun for a support than Mercy's is.

Also I think D.va's pistol is literally the worst gun in the game in terms of numbers although it still probably has a higher DPS than Winston.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Is there a practical reason why we're all using Discord for comms instead of the excellent and convenient in-game voice chat?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
My favourite thing about Mercy's pistol is that she looks terrified of it every time she reloads.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

Imagined posted:

Is there a practical reason why we're all using Discord for comms instead of the excellent and convenient in-game voice chat?

In all my groups except for one we've used in game voice. Guess it's just a matter of preference.

Autarkeia
May 24, 2005
He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin'... Somethin's gonna happen.

Imagined posted:

Most of the groups you get through Discord will use in game voice. Discord is just where everyone is hanging out to find groups. 3 separate discord servers now, get in each one never be without a group.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Imagined posted:

Because every insular community has to make playing together needlessly complicated. Buddy of mine plays with ArsTechnica people and they insist on Teamspeak and it's like okay now I have to find a button I can reach that doesn't interfere with actual ingame poo poo.

... and then they didn't say a word and watched D.Vas blow them up.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The in-game voice's quality is quite good but there is a bit of a delay. Discord ALSO has a bit of delay and I'm not sure which is better. This is why you should use mumble, and also get off my lawn and stop listening to that techno music it's just beeps and boops

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

This game needs a PSA that literally reaches out and strangles you when you try to play McCree like a flanker, endlessly trading 1 for 1 while your tank gets wrecked by Tracer.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

totalnewbie posted:

But you don't lose any utility while using your gun, unlike Mercy.

It's still very strange seeing people classify him as an "offensive support" when his main gun is so bad though. He's 100% about the aura's and the occasional knock back.
I heard that his damage was much better during the beta, so maybe that's where it comes from?

Also, Mercy has the damage buff, which I'd take any day over Lucio's pea shooter.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Countblanc posted:

The in-game voice's quality is quite good but there is a bit of a delay. Discord ALSO has a bit of delay and I'm not sure which is better. This is why you should use mumble, and also get off my lawn and stop listening to that techno music it's just beeps and boops

Mumble looks like poop and has really bad text chat support.

Broken Cog posted:

It's still very strange seeing people classify him as an "offensive support" when his main gun is so bad though. He's 100% about his aura's and the occasional knock back.
I heard that his damage was much better during the beta, so maybe that's where it comes from?

He's an offensive support because you should Never Be Not Shooting.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Lady Naga posted:

Mumble looks like poop.

Vanity, thy name is VoIP.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

McCree was spotted fanning a Symmetra turret on POTG.

Other guy: "Does any McCree actually left click."

McCree: "No need to." :clint:

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Countblanc posted:

Vanity, thy name is VoIP.

If a program looks like it's a holdover from Windows 95 I ain't using it in these days of rounded buttons and light colour schemes.