Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

MariusLecter posted:

Not a false flag by Obama to get all our guns once and for all?

All mass shootings are hoaxes to get your guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

GalacticAcid posted:

Shove your gun up your rear end bitch

I have things made for that purpose, so no need.

I like the implicit homophobia and misogyny woven through your post though. Are you posting from some long lost era?

GalacticAcid posted:

Yeah. One of my closest friends is on lockdown very close to the incident so I am unfortunately more invested than usual in the up-to-the-minute updates.

Afraid you'll lose a potential victim to rape, savage?

Alexander Hamilton posted:

James Garfield was shot on July 2nd and then spent the next 2 1/2 months in agony as doctors probed his wounds with unsterilized fingers. He finally died on September 19th.

e: f, b

This is why Roosevelt refused treatment after being shot on the campaign trail. He knew what lay in wait for him if he took that road.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Trump should run on a platform of Single Payer Guncare.

Free guns for every citizen.

Mandatory guns.

You get: A handgun, A Shotgun, and a Rifle. You are supplied with 500 rounds of ammo for each every year. Delivered like the phone book.

Also nationalize the gun industry and force NIST to establish the "standard gun model" that all firearms will be based around.

Mandatory open carry as well. Of all the guns at once.

Change the flag to a literal carpet of fully loaded and primed cartridges.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Crain posted:

Mandatory guns.

You get: A handgun, A Shotgun, and a Rifle. You are supplied with 500 rounds of ammo for each every year. Delivered like the phone book.

Also nationalize the gun industry and force NIST to establish the "standard gun model" that all firearms will be based around.

Mandatory open carry as well.

I would actually support the NRA if they had a policy of arming minorities and the homeless.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

A Winner is Jew posted:

I don't know about everyone else, but I put on a Yoda costume and hosed Mark Hamill.

I put on a Mark Hamill skin suit and let Yoda gently caress me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Crain posted:

Mandatory guns.

Mandatory open carry as well.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

LOL I bet he doesn't even know what happened at the Alamo.

I dont either.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

LeJackal posted:

Afraid you'll lose a potential victim to rape, savage?

The gently caress is wrong with you?

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

Hillary, Bernie, & Obama Bullseye Targets Being Sold By This Dangerous Company

quote:

‘Remember the Alamo? Well, I think Benghazi was completely worse!’

This babydick pansy better stay out of Texas, talking like that.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

This babydick pansy better stay out of Texas, talking like that.
[/quote]

gently caress Texas.

But also gently caress that guy.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Crain posted:

The gently caress is wrong with you?

The venn diagram of homophobia, misogyny, aggression, and college-attending 'friends' usually has rapists at the intersection.

It's too bad there isn't the political will to tackle that issue in this country.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

nah

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

http://election.princeton.edu/2016/04/26/google-wide-association-studies/ is neat as heck

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

A Winner is Jew posted:

gently caress Texas.

But also gently caress that guy.

We take the Alamo very seriously here

when it's convenient and serves our interests.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Hey look, they indicted that cop who shot the guy for being black and waiting for a tow truck

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/west-palm-beach/corey-jones-investigation-state-attorney-to-provide-update-at-3-pm

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

That reminds me: if ever you forget that metro Cleveland is filled to the brim with racist assholes, just remember that cleveland.com had to disable all comments for crime stories.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

That reminds me: if ever you forget that metro Cleveland is filled to the brim with racist assholes, just remember that cleveland.com had to disable all comments for crime stories.

I don't think Ohio has a monopoly on racist local news commenters.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I swear I'm about to start posting replies to all these gorilla stories that are STILL spamming my Facebook feed with videos of silverbacks ripping screaming baby gorillas apart limb from limb and then eating them because they were the offspring of a different gorilla

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

why are ted cruz voters so obsessed with enchilidas

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Yea but how many of those other news outlets decided enough was enough and disabled comments because of it?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I wish every outlet removed comments for every story.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Zeroisanumber posted:

I wonder how many prominent historical figures were tortured to death by well-meaning idiots in their final hours?

Lincoln had doctors sticking rods into his brain, trying to find the bullet. If they had just left his head alone, he may have lived. Though he would have been severely disabled.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

That reminds me that I noticed some Fox News stories have comments disabled, some don't. I would assume they are trying to curtail super racist/sexist stuff but that seems to come up in any article where comments are allowed?

karlor
Apr 15, 2014

:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
:911::ussr::911::ussr:
:ussr::911::ussr::911:
College Slice

PhazonLink posted:

LOL I bet he doesn't even know what happened at the Alamo.

I dont either.

A bunch of dudes who were pissed off about Mexico not letting them have slaves died.

We really should forget about the Alamo.

DolphinCop posted:

why are ted cruz voters so obsessed with enchilidas

Are you trying to tell me not everyone is obsessed with enchiladas?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Doctor Butts posted:

Yea but how many of those other news outlets decided enough was enough and disabled comments because of it?

Not nearly enough.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Wait, "attempted first-degree murder?" But the victim died. His "attempt" succeeded. :confused:

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

They posted up the full indictment from the story I linked earlier: http://media2.wptv.com/documents/rajapc.pdf?_ga=1.101674309.536603198.1464809781

For anyone who was confused (like me) how someone could be indicted for attempted first degree murder and culpable manslaughter here's a summary:

Jones was sitting waiting for a tow truck at 3am when the cop (Raja) drives the wrong way up the off ramp in an unmarked white van jumps out in plain clothes (which is supervisor specifically ordered him to wear a marked police vest over for that reason... that he didn't) and draws his weapon on Jones without announcing he's a police officer. Jones being a licensed carrier and legally carrying a concealed weapon pulls his gun and is immediately fatally shot by the officer. In the time between the fatal shots and Jones actually collapsing he drops his weapon and flees, with the officer shooting him non-fatally in the back as he does so. Raja then calls 911 and lies about a bunch of stuff (including staging a fake order to drop the gun at the beginning of the call), but Jones had been on the phone with roadside support at the time so everything was recorded.

Raja was indicted for culpable manslaughter for the initial shots, because Raja had a gun but the cop negligently didn't identify himself, and attempted first degree murder for the shots to the back of the fleeing Jones which only caused superficial damage.

edit:

El Disco posted:

Wait, "attempted first-degree murder?" But the victim died. His "attempt" succeeded. :confused:

Haha you posted that literally as I was writing the above

edit2:
It should be noted that the ME testified that it was extremely unlikely that Jones could have traveled the 41ft he fled after receiving the fatal shot to the heart, so it's kind of bullshit that he's not getting the full 1st degree murder charge, but that's probably because the evidence was too thin and attempted first degree still carries a life sentence.

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jun 1, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Jarmak posted:

Raja was indicted for culpable manslaughter for the initial shots, because Raja had a gun but the cop negligently didn't identify himself, and attempted first degree murder for the shots to the back of the fleeing Jones which only caused superficial damage.

edit2:
It should be noted that the ME testified that it was extremely unlikely that Jones could have traveled the 41ft he fled after receiving the fatal shot to the heart, so it's kind of bullshit that he's not getting the full 1st degree murder charge, but that's probably because the evidence was too thin and attempted first degree still carries a life sentence.

I guess that'll do, glad the ME was scrupulous and honest.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

zoux posted:

Not nearly enough.

Argh, gorillas and chimps are sibling or cousin groups, not our parents, that is now how evolution works.

Also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sahelanthropus

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Pellisworth posted:

Argh, gorillas and chimps are sibling or cousin groups, not our parents, that is now how evolution works.

Please don't try to argue in good faith with a picture of a Rush Limbaugh quote.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

zoux posted:

Not nearly enough.

pro-tier trolling

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

zoux posted:

Please don't try to argue in good faith with a picture of a Rush Limbaugh quote.

merely expressing frustration

there are a lot of people whom if asked are totally cool with evolution, but think we evolved from chimps or something

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Pellisworth posted:

Do not doubt him on that, dammit. He didn't say that for the heck of it.

Anyone else ever notice how often he repeats that phrase?

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Pellisworth posted:

merely expressing frustration

there are a lot of people whom if asked are totally cool with evolution, but think we evolved from chimps or something

Usually the argument is "If humans evolved from monkeys why are there still monkeys around? Checkmate libruls!"

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:rip: Grand Bargain :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/738101054525571073

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
sweet a double post.

UFOTacoMan fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 1, 2016

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Do not doubt him on that, dammit. He didn't say that for the heck of it.

Anyone else ever notice how often he repeats that phrase?

Yeah he sure does. I was about to mention it too. In the morning on our local AM station they play his "30 seconds of liberal hate" sound bites on the morning news show and I'd guess about half of them include the "don't doubt me". I'd like to believe it's just a hopeful suggestion on his part because he feels he is being doubted too much.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Obama has finally figured out Republicans will reflexively oppose everything he says, 7 years and 6 months into his presidency, proposes increasing social security.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Luigi Thirty posted:

Obama has finally figured out Republicans will reflexively oppose everything he says, 7 years and 6 months into his presidency, proposes increasing social security.

The outcome being that the GOP is now going to be railing against social security during an election year.

Classic Trollbama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Luigi Thirty posted:

True, but he did conspicuously propose this a month before the party convention where there's going to be a fight over the platform. Good way to influence the future direction of his party, and its candidates.

• Locked thread