Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Wandering off as McCree is mostly a bad idea but taking the time to walk to a high perch that's not in everyones sightline before you pop High Noon is smart and cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

a bluebeamed lucio is worse than mercy's baseline gun. You're comparing 64dps with slow, grouped projectiles to 100dps fire that's easy to track over long distances and it reloads on its own if you heal for a second or two with your staff

it can't get multikills with lucio knockoffs but it can often be better than bluebeaming decent classes that are even playing well.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Imagined posted:

Is there a practical reason why we're all using Discord for comms instead of the excellent and convenient in-game voice chat?

Discord corrals everyone who currently wants to play in one chatroom, lets them gently caress off into subchannels to start lobbies, and has not-indecent built in voice as a free bonus (ingame voice is fine too). In the time it takes you to read this post you can organize a lobby in Discord.

As opposed to adding one thousand people on Bnet and sending out thirty invites in sixty seconds and getting either no responses or too many responses or whatever.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I found a weird bug. Zarya hammering Z to announce Graviton Surge status will cause all friendly Hanzos to pre-emptively whiff their dragons into the void, hitting nothing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Lucio's gun is a space denial/clean-up tool. I think it's pretty okay for what it is, actually good even. Mercy's pistol is a last-resort tool, if you have it out you're either under fire or your team is garbage. Again, pretty okay for what it is.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The issue with Lucio right now is he's loving good, which means any buffs/quality of life changes (ie. increasing M1 projectile speed) are going to seem really strange when there's characters like Zen who are in a much worse place. Back before Lucio's damage nerf he was just a 1v1 god and now he's definitely much more firmly in that "support" category, but it definitely feels pretty lovely to shoot his gun a lot of the time.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
It's funny to me how Bastion and Torbjörn have become complete nonentities now that people know how to play.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

McCree was spotted fanning a Symmetra turret on POTG.

Other guy: "Does any McCree actually left click."

McCree: "No need to." :clint:

:negative:

I mean you're pretty much going to have to reload after a left click anyway (lest you get caught out w/o a full fan).

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I found a weird bug. Zarya hammering Z to announce Graviton Surge status will cause all friendly Hanzos to pre-emptively whiff their dragons into the void, hitting nothing.

I did this recently and had friendly Hanzo waste it on the enemy Zarya's ult. :v:

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 1, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I like lucio's wubwub gun, it looks cool and you can just fire it at headshot height pretty much anywhere you want to and tag some chumps.

The way you move around so much as lucio means the wubs aren't ever going to come at you in a straight line, they'll spread into an arc where you're getting hit by at least one no matter which way you dodge. And a lucio who can lead his targets is a lucio who's gonna get lots of headshots (it's me i can do this quite a lot)

Stupid Decisions
Nov 10, 2009
Slippery Tilde
Having an issue where I can't use (speak or hear) the voice chat at all and feel like this is limiting how much I can enjoy the game.

Playing with gons do you all use the ingame chat or Discord? Do I just add the people from the spreadsheet as friends in Battlenet?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

blizzard are going to have to be careful with zenyatta, he's weak now but it really wouldn't take much to turn him into a monster

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I think Bastion is still a strong hero, he just isn't a mindless one and isn't someone you can just "main" like Mccree and expect to do great unless you're just stomping pubs ala seagull. He shreds a lot of comps and is a strong counterpick, and if he in turn isn't counterpicked he can really buy your team a lot of time.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Stupid Decisions posted:

Having an issue where I can't use (speak or hear) the voice chat at all and feel like this is limiting how much I can enjoy the game.

Playing with gons do you all use the ingame chat or Discord? Do I just add the people from the spreadsheet as friends in Battlenet?

I hopped in the Discord last night and got a full party in less than 5 minutes. We stuck together and played 5 or 6 games together and kind of broke up after we lost a few in a row.

Everyone was cool, no one was too much of a tryhard, and overall it was a lot of fun. 5/5 - Would recommend Discord for goons

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Countblanc posted:

The issue with Lucio right now is he's loving good, which means any buffs/quality of life changes (ie. increasing M1 projectile speed) are going to seem really strange when there's characters like Zen who are in a much worse place. Back before Lucio's damage nerf he was just a 1v1 god and now he's definitely much more firmly in that "support" category, but it definitely feels pretty lovely to shoot his gun a lot of the time.

To use a fighting game analogy, I just think of my shots as light fireballs: they move slowly and won't deal a lot of damage, but they are still there holding people back from entering a point (which is why I think he's a god in KOTH). In low-level play, where a lot of fights end up with people barely alive, those slow-rear end projectiles can gently caress you up.

I wouldn't mind if they let me charge M1 up and fire a fast three-shot burst so my analogy makes even more sense. And give him an uppercut.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

It's funny to me how Bastion and Torbjörn have become complete nonentities now that people know how to play.

I still get hosed up by the occasional Torb/Bastion/Bastion/Rein or Zarya/sniper comp, tbf.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Level 39 and I finally made a basket.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

What's the range on Lúcio's ult? The same as his auras?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Prav posted:

blizzard are going to have to be careful with zenyatta, he's weak now but it really wouldn't take much to turn him into a monster

I expect any changes are going to go hand-in-hand with either nerfs to his primary fire or nerfs to Discord. At this point, though, he needs it: he's both the softest and slowest of the supports, and all the damage in the world can't really make up for that.

HardDisk posted:

What's the range on Lúcio's ult? The same as his auras?

To the best of my knowledge, yes.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dias posted:

To use a fighting game analogy, I just think of my shots as light fireballs: they move slowly and won't deal a lot of damage, but they are still there holding people back from entering a point (which is why I think he's a god in KOTH). In low-level play, where a lot of fights end up with people barely alive, those slow-rear end projectiles can gently caress you up.

I wouldn't mind if they let me charge M1 up and fire a fast three-shot burst so my analogy makes even more sense. And give him an uppercut.

change roadhog's ult to Skip to my Chain

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Countblanc posted:

I think Bastion is still a strong hero, he just isn't a mindless one and isn't someone you can just "main" like Mccree and expect to do great unless you're just stomping pubs ala seagull. He shreds a lot of comps and is a strong counterpick, and if he in turn isn't counterpicked he can really buy your team a lot of time.

Bastion is still good for mulching Reinhardt's shield, but other than that I think Widow does his thing better, plus extra.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Torbjorn hasn't because even though his turret isn't very good he's still actually a good fighter who can mix it up, deal good damage at pretty much all ranges, and throw out armor to his whole team. The problem is that people play him like the Engineer and sit around smacking the turret all day instead of setting it up and then going off to murder people and collect scrap to make the team stronger. If the turret didn't exist he'd still be a solid defensive hero.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

Prav posted:

I'm trying so hard to be good at the guy, but his need for micromanagement combined with his garbage non-discord damage and embarrassingly low health make him feel awful to play.

I feel like he either needs a survivability or damage buff, or they need to revert the LoS nerf on his orbs.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Goetta posted:

Level 39 and I finally made a basket.

Does the net swish?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Primetime posted:

or they need to revert the LoS nerf on his orbs.

Please no

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Torb's turret exists to harry Pharahs and to get buffed by Molten Core basically

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

What're heroes that Genji works well as a counter for? Or just roles he can play in general. I'm intrigued by the hero but I don't want to force my abysmal self on struggling pubby teams until I git gud. And on that note, are there PS4 goons mobbing up in any organized capacity? I haven't seen anything in PGS.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I just learned the origin of the disembodied voice I hear occasionally that doesn't sound like any hero. Turns out the Hollywood payload has a robot director in it bitching at the attacking team from time to time. :aaaaa:

And his name is Hal-fred Glitchbot. :haw:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fuligin posted:

What're heroes that Genji works well as a counter for? Or just roles he can play in general. I'm intrigued by the hero but I don't want to force my abysmal self on struggling pubby teams until I git gud. And on that note, are there PS4 goons mobbing up in any organized capacity? I haven't seen anything in PGS.

Genji is very strong against champions like Bastion or Dwarfman who rely on high streams of damage that can be easily reflected.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I like lucio's wubwub gun, it looks cool and you can just fire it at headshot height pretty much anywhere you want to and tag some chumps.

The way you move around so much as lucio means the wubs aren't ever going to come at you in a straight line, they'll spread into an arc where you're getting hit by at least one no matter which way you dodge. And a lucio who can lead his targets is a lucio who's gonna get lots of headshots (it's me i can do this quite a lot)

I've pretty much been forced to main Lucio to make up for the inevitable three Widowmakers on every attack team, and I've gotten pretty good at him. The best way to use his gun is crowd control. Keep enemies from swarming your tanks, or to push mosquito characters into corners so your teammates can focus on one enemy at a time. I even got a POTG as him yesterday:

https://gfycat.com/ThatSickIncatern

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

I think Zenyatta left as-is, but with 200hp might be a reasonable change.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Efexeye posted:

Does the net swish?

No

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Primetime posted:

I'm trying so hard to be good at the guy, but his need for micromanagement combined with his garbage non-discord damage and embarrassingly low health make him feel awful to play.

i found that rebinding OoD to right mouse helps massively. i also exiled his charge attack to shift and put harmony on e

but yeah you need to, heh, keep a lot of balls in the air with him

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Countblanc posted:

Torb's turret exists to harry Pharahs and to get buffed by Molten Core basically

Even during Molten Core it's kind of just a big fat distraction with a lot of HP. Torbjorn himself is scarier just because his attack speed goes way up and he gets tank-level armor.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Atoramos posted:

I think Zenyatta left as-is, but with 200hp might be a reasonable change.

I think so too.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Want to win a King of the Hill map every time? Never leave the point. Boom. Mission accomplished.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Putting 160 hours on a TF2 medic and then coming to OW I can say that Lucio's gun just feels OP. He's a great character, even though I hate the design- but he's barely a support. More like offense with a passive aura

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I won't feel accomplished in this game until I can get a Zenyatta POTG with my cool highlight intro that i've had since day 1 and never seen

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

I won't feel accomplished in this game until I can get a Zenyatta POTG with my cool highlight intro that i've had since day 1 and never seen

If you stop thinking about it, it'll happen and then you'll go WHOA!

I did this with the riptire intro for whatshisexplosions

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Countblanc posted:

So, I see people running away from Hanzo's and D.Va's ult, occasionally shooting tires down, even hiding from Tactical Visor sometimes! When do you reckon MOL-TEN COOOORE will be code for "STOP. PUSHING. RIGHT NOW."?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

cock hero flux posted:

Even during Molten Core it's kind of just a big fat distraction with a lot of HP. Torbjorn himself is scarier just because his attack speed goes way up and he gets tank-level armor.

I mean the turret has 800 health and is doing practically unavoidable ~100 dps under molten core, that's nothing to sneeze at. I'd hardly call it a distraction, it can legit clear points if the enemy team doesn't get behind a shield quickly.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Primetime posted:

I feel like he either needs a survivability or damage buff, or they need to revert the LoS nerf on his orbs.

His orbs do 45 damage, which is actually pretty high, though, soooo. One of the higher per hit numbers in the game, actually. The overall dps isn't crazy, but it's very easy to discord something while blipping away with autoattacks. If discord is up you only need 1 headshot and 1 body shot, that's 202 damage, which is enough to kill most non-tanks. I do think that he needs to have around another 25 HP or so, but the damage is fine, any higher and he'd be in 1 shot range from headshots with discord.

Edit: also the dwarf turret is a lot more nasty when set up in a spot where people can't engage it from far away. Sure, it's annoying as hell at long range, but it's also missile/sniper/etc bait. Tucking it away where it will be shooting a flank during a push or where an enemy has to expose themselves to your team to shoot it is way better. Just watch out for Reapers that want to hug it.

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Just buffing Zenyatta to 200 HP seems a bit lazy. I like the idea of turning 25 of his health into armor. Prevents against one hit kill bodyshots and flavorful because he's metal.

I'd prefer a mobility skill rather than a health buff, but all his slots are occupied other than a passive ability.