Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Hellsau posted:

I think the funniest thing about the WZ-132 is that when they put the RU 251 and T54 Light into the game, both of them were miles better than the WZ-132 - better mobility, better gun, better survivability (the 251 doesn't have as many module problems, the T54 Light bounces shots if I'm not driving it). They then buffed the.....T54 Light.

Wargaming's balance department have some messed up priorities.

Speaking of which, I heard bitching about the T-54 LW nerfs, is it really that significant because losing 10% of its dpm seems to not change that it is a great tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
132 is fine

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Words I'm fine with :
- when you think about it, Hitler had some good ideas, and pol Pot did nothing wrong.
- I like Adam Sandler movies
- Truck Stop Daddy is cool and good

Words that trigger me so hard I turn into a blubbering, sobbing mess :
- Top of the Tree : T92

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

Words I'm fine with :
- when you think about it, Hitler had some good ideas, and pol Pot did nothing wrong.

T92 sucks in random battles. I can't figure out why because the cgc is very similar and is actually functional in randoms. I still prefer my 155 58 for randoms though.

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.
Wargaming claims this is the result of some poll somewhere. Only pubbies would vote for a SPG top of the tree, and we can all agree that pubbies should be ignored. This is such poo poo, gently caress.

Pubbies :commissar:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

TheFluff posted:

FINALLY did LT-15 for the T-55A. Took "only" maybe two hundred light tank games to get it. I managed it on Serene Coast of all loving maps, really didn't see that coming. Here's a replay of me sitting in a bush for loving ever and racking up 7500 spotting damage. Nothing else of interest happens.

You went on!? ummmm well done I guess, I'll have to check the replay when I get back. Serene coast is almost as hosed as Erlenberg for weird LT-15.

edit: T-55A platoons tonight :ghitler:

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 1, 2016

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

Hahaha, "04:16". I see you kept going :D

Soulfucker stuck around until like... 3:30 or something? But yeah I need to apply myself to maintain my autism

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jun 1, 2016

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Hellsau posted:

They then buffed the.....T54 Light.

Wargaming's balance department have some messed up priorities.

I think the priority is a very simple one, it's a soviet tank, once again.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

18 crits :getin:

Jagdpanther II wanted to brawl with me, until I got a HE pen on his side and he was DEAD.

Pretty much the same story with T-34 where I got a shell through his turret roof. I reversed on some rubble so I could aim down at him :3

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is it just me, or is the VK4503 not going to be very good? Maybe I'm underestimating it, but while it's got a Tiger 2 turret, it's the one that can be penned by almost anything and has a shell trap as a bonus.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

WitchFetish posted:

Words I'm fine with :

The first one was mine.
Wanna play again today? WoT has been nothing but poo poo for me lately. Aching for some betterments in toons.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Not sure what you get, but whatever, free stuff.

WOT500KYOUTUBE

First 500k people that use that promo code gets some free stuff. Might want to do it soon.

Edit: also, wargaming needs to fix the tanks servers again. I'm watching fluid movement and 30ms pings and then suddenly when action happens, it is spiking to 600ms pings with uncontrollable tank driving. I've had some warp hitching in WoWS some times, but the ping spikes there haven't reached this level. I've even had moments where my tank just starts driving in directions I didn't even input for.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 1, 2016

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

JuffoWup posted:

WOT500KYOUTUBE

First 500k people that use that promo code gets some free stuff. Might want to do it soon.

Edit: also, wargaming needs to fix the tanks servers again. I'm watching fluid movement and 30ms pings and then suddenly when action happens, it is spiking to 600ms pings with uncontrollable tank driving. I've had some warp hitching in WoWS some times, but the ping spikes there haven't reached this level. I've even had moments where my tank just starts driving in directions I didn't even input for.

I put the code in and it said thanks for activating Wargaming code, but I see nothing different? Maybe this is broken as well.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

subhelios posted:

I put the code in and it said thanks for activating Wargaming code, but I see nothing different? Maybe this is broken as well.

I don't play much tanks, but it looks like I got more reserve items. Which I suppose matches the other line in saying boosters. i'm kind of mifed though because blitz and console are getting xp events instead.

And btw folks, the youtube description suggests this code should work on EU as well as NA

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

JuffoWup posted:

I don't play much tanks, but it looks like I got more reserve items. Which I suppose matches the other line in saying boosters. i'm kind of mifed though because blitz and console are getting xp events instead.

And btw folks, the youtube description suggests this code should work on EU as well as NA

Oh, that could have been it. I have so many reserves I wouldn't have noticed if the number went up.

localloop
Jan 2, 2007
Just unlocked about 5 new tanks around the same time. Since I do not have enough cash to buy more than one of them offhand, which would fill me with the greatest immediate pleasure:

T29
Ru251
T-44
A-44
Lorr 155 50 (laffo)

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

localloop posted:

Just unlocked about 5 new tanks around the same time. Since I do not have enough cash to buy more than one of them offhand, which would fill me with the greatest immediate pleasure:

T29
Ru251
T-44
A-44
Lorr 155 50 (laffo)

Ru251, T29, T-44.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

T29 is immensely good. I have an Ru251 but haven't played it much, does seem like a pretty good tank though.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

localloop posted:

T29
Ru251
T-44
A-44
Lorr 155 50 (laffo)

Depends on what you like playing, but the T29 and the T-44 are both cool and good; the T29 in particular is one of the best heavies at tier period. The A-44 is a miserable experience but leads to the Object 416 which is completely loving bonkers and arguably the best T8 medium. Haven't played the Ru 251 but I believe it's one of the better T8 lights.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

JuffoWup posted:

WOT500KYOUTUBE

lol. I got two 25% xp reserves and one 200% crew xp out of this.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Blindeye posted:

Speaking of which, I heard bitching about the T-54 LW nerfs, is it really that significant because losing 10% of its dpm seems to not change that it is a great tank.

I thought they rolled back the T54 Light changes?

localloop
Jan 2, 2007
T-29 it is, thanks for the feedback.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
The A-44 might lead to you quitting the game, which would make it the most enjoyable. Though it might not be immediate depending on pain tolerance or masochistic tendencies.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I joined Captain Blaargh's tournament team for the 4v4 tier 5s or whatever. I don't remember what time it was or anything.

The tournament page is down.

edit - back up

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Jun 1, 2016

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I joined Captain Blaargh's tournament team for the 4v4 tier 5s or whatever. I don't remember what time it was or anything.

The tournament page is down.

edit - back up

Team's matches

Operation temporarily unavailable due to technical issues. Please try again later.

:downs:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Fat Jesus posted:

Team's matches

Operation temporarily unavailable due to technical issues. Please try again later.

:downs:

They should pop in an hour and 5 minutes, starting 10 minute after that. Wargaming's website team is hilariously incompetent.

here ya go: http://gosutactics.com/tournamentTeam383-72910-manly-penetration/

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's a neat site. Saves me from clicking on every team and player to find out if they are going to slaughter me or not. Then again, in the last 1v1 tournament I was destroyed by an incredibly terrible player and I completely wrecked a guy close to unicum.

:shrug:

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

I joined Captain Blaargh's tournament team for the 4v4 tier 5s

Yup, that's me. Cafone's parachute account. :wave:

Hey Hellsau, would flinging gold in a Church I work, or is that asking to die?

Edit: Or my T1 Heavy.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 1, 2016

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

CitizenKain posted:

The 13 75 never felt great, but man the 13 90 was amazing when it first came out. People didn't know what to do about autoloaders in general, but having a tank that could haul rear end and appear behind them and dump 1000 damage into them and then disappear was great.

But they were hurt by being shoved up a tier, and then the early physics system kinda hosed over a lot of light tanks. Also having an bad gun just because its an autoloader is pretty unacceptable with the M41 Bulldog/T71 in the game.

All the early auto loaders seem like they could use a pass over and buff. It feels like dumping their clips is only slightly faster than the re-fire rate of similarly tiered non-autoloader guns now a days. And then they have a 40 second reload to throw on top of it. When the auto loaders first came out, I remember thinking how insanely fast they could dump full clips into tanks.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

That's a neat site. Saves me from clicking on every team and player to find out if they are going to slaughter me or not. Then again, in the last 1v1 tournament I was destroyed by an incredibly terrible player and I completely wrecked a guy close to unicum.

:shrug:

1v1s are generally a complete shitshow on Mittengard because it's too small for good players to abuse view range and other tricks. You just drive at the other player and hope you outdamage them.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The VK4503 looks like the epitome of 'why?' That thing should be a T23E3-style prize at best.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

TracerM17 posted:

All the early auto loaders seem like they could use a pass over and buff. It feels like dumping their clips is only slightly faster than the re-fire rate of similarly tiered non-autoloader guns now a days. And then they have a 40 second reload to throw on top of it. When the auto loaders first came out, I remember thinking how insanely fast they could dump full clips into tanks.

I would love a faster reload in between shots on my 50 120. Lately I have been playing as a sort of ambush heavy, tagging along with other heavies to jump on something once it gets distracted. Cutting down on reload time would let me put a lot more damage out.

I'm still not sure if I want to keep it, buy the 50B, or rebuy the 50 100 once I'm done.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The VK4503 looks like the epitome of 'why?' That thing should be a T23E3-style prize at best.

used to be that that described most premiums and the game was better off for it

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If I had to lose all my self control and buy one tank this month what should it be?

Scorpion, 59-Patton, the reportedly meh VK 45.03, IS-3A, Panzer-58, Kanonenjagdpanzer, STA-2, or one of the existing premium gold tanks?

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

Is this game still bad??

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

Salean posted:

Is this game still bad??

Always and forever.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

RandomPauI posted:

If I had to lose all my self control and buy one tank this month what should it be?

Scorpion, 59-Patton, the reportedly meh VK 45.03, IS-3A, Panzer-58, Kanonenjagdpanzer, STA-2, or one of the existing premium gold tanks?

It'd help to know which you already have, and also, a 30% off T8 premium discount is always part of the July 4th/Bastille Day specials.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Stand To team for June 3rd, Tier V 4v4:

password: blaargh

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000226/team/1000049231/

Come be bad and earn a pittance of gold for the home planet. We shall dine on cats in hell! :black101:

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

RandomPauI posted:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

It'd help to know which you already have, and also, a 30% off T8 premium discount is always part of the July 4th/Bastille Day specials.

I don't have any of those tanks. I also don't have the Lowe, the AMX CDC The Panther 8.8, or the SU-122-44

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

Nap Ghost

RandomPauI posted:

I don't have any of those tanks. I also don't have the Lowe, the AMX CDC The Panther 8.8, or the SU-122-44

I think the CDC and SU-122-44 are better choices. The CDC is a great money printer and gives French medium crews something to do, and the SU-122-44 is a hilarious assault gun. You get a 122mm gun that does 390 damage every 6.6 seconds, and is decently mobile.