Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Starsnostars posted:

Civil War II is going to end with the reveal that the whole event was one of Ulysses' predictions and he'll do something so that it never actually happens.

This is so dumb I hope Bendis has the stones to do it, and drink the fanboy tears as they try and work out how to make the tie-ins make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaz-L posted:

This is so dumb I hope Bendis has the stones to do it, and drink the fanboy tears as they try and work out how to make the tie-ins make sense.

It's hard to drink fanboy tears when you block everyone on twitter who criticizes you.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
How is She-Hulks medical file not just a post it note that says "Get her really mad"

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I dunno if this has been guessed at to death already, but does anyone wanna bet that everything in this series after the party, or meeting the Inhumans ends up being a vision, and he solves it himself by walking away?
That'd be an easy way to have as many deaths as you want with no consequence.

e: And wasting everyone's time taking back whatever happens for months in the series' tying-in would just be hilarious.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 1, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I like that idea and hope it's true. And it's not wasting anyone's time any more than say Infinity Gauntlet wasted anyone's time since everything there was reversed and only a couple people ever remembered it. Or even more recently Secret Wars which was reversed as well.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Bleeding Cool predicts an upcoming reboot with almost zero evidence.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/01/everything-you-knew-about-the-marvel-universe-was-wrong/

Seriously, that promo could literally mean just about anything.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Brocktoon posted:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/01/everything-you-knew-about-the-marvel-universe-was-wrong/

That's just the new Fall books almost certainly. Like when a year or so after the original Marvel Now you had All-New Marvel Now with books like Ghost Rider, Invaders, X-Factor, Loki and Ms Marvel pop up as a second wave of books. And then a year after that you had books like All New Captain America, Silk, Ant-Man, and Thor. Marvel does a line refresh every year without rebooting.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think the shattered NOW in a Marvel NOW suggests that new comics will be launched based on divisions in the fallout of Civil War, like Tony's Avengers #1 and Carol's Avengers #1.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Brocktoon posted:

Why even post Bleeding Cool articles at this point.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
(Current event here) is going to lead to a reboot because it makes the Marvel universe too complicated.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please don't post BC links. Someone might be tempted to click them.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I think I'd have enjoyed the latest All New Wolverine more if not for the whole "Logan up to his waist in stomach acid" thing.

It means that squad of SHIELD agents they were looking for "disappeared" because they got slowly digested by Fin Fang Foom. Yikes.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
It would also be funny if Bendis did the whole "make it so that the event is reset and never happened" thing because that's what he did in Age of Ultron.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hasn't Bendis pulled the "And in the end, time got reset so nothing actually mattered" ending like three or four times by now? That either means it's really likely in this case...or really unlikely.

Honestly, I thought CW-2-1 was fine until the second half where the plot started happening. The actual moral dilemma was set up fine, but then it didn't have anything to do at all with why everything went FUBAR, which was itself super forced and irritating.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

BrianWilly posted:

Honestly, I thought CW-2-1 was fine until the second half where the plot started happening. The actual moral dilemma was set up fine, but then it didn't have anything to do at all with why everything went FUBAR, which was itself super forced and irritating.

It wasn't forced. It happened in the FCBD issue, which was itself set up in the most recent issue of Ultimates. The groundwork was very clearly laid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No seriously, why is Spider-man about to THWIP himself in the face on the cover of CW2 #1?

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Rhyno posted:

No seriously, why is Spider-man about to THWIP himself in the face on the cover of CW2 #1?

Good bye cruel earth?

head58
Apr 1, 2013

He's not about to thwip, he's just throwing horns.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
There's actually a really kickin song playing on Peter's in-suit stereo (powered by WebTech), so he's throwing up the horns as he headbangs. He doesn't even know this is a big superhero fight, he thought it was like the Avengers annual softball meet.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Rhyno posted:

He's throwing up the horns. Maybe he's just representing Daredevil too.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Toxxupation posted:

It wasn't forced. It happened in the FCBD issue, which was itself set up in the most recent issue of Ultimates. The groundwork was very clearly laid.
I didn't read the FCBD issue and I also don't care about that. It's forced because the Avengers routinely handle similar crises with less preparedness without two or more members getting killed, and this time they actually did get forewarning and were soundly prepared and end up getting clowned even worse than they usually do because Bendis can't seem to generate any conflict without his characters coming off incompetent. It's been that way for years and years, across all of his stories.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

In less depressing Civil War news, Contest of Champions is the best book you're not reading.

In more depressing news, it's getting cancelled. I blame all of you. :argh:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

A-Force is just loving great at this point. Like, full stop, add-it-to-your-pull-list great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Toxxupation posted:

A-Force is just loving great at this point. Like, full stop, add-it-to-your-pull-list great.

It's such a great book, I really hope Dazzler Thor sticks around for a while but I figure she's doomed which opens the door for regular flavor Dazzler to pick up her hammer.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Rhyno posted:

Can't recall where I'm remembering this from, but sometimes sometimes he does that pose, and "throws" the web. I think a lot of people do a similar motion when they imitate Spider-Man.

EDIT: When did A Force get good. The first two issues were a snooze.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Yvonmukluk posted:

In less depressing Civil War news, Contest of Champions is the best book you're not reading.

In more depressing news, it's getting cancelled. I blame all of you. :argh:

Awwwww man. :(

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Die Laughing posted:

Can't recall where I'm remembering this from, but sometimes sometimes he does that pose, and "throws" the web. I think a lot of people do a similar motion when they imitate Spider-Man.

I've liked A-Force since it started but most people didn't like the first arc since it took so long to assemble the team - and, to be fair, they're not wrong. That being said, I still think the character work is really great and the first arc is only four issues long anyways.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Die Laughing posted:

He might also be smelling his fingers.

A-Force has been good since the SW mini!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

It's a crime that Contest of Champions is ending. There should be more Al Ewing books not less. Also I didn't know anyone actually still read A-Force. The Secret Wars tie-in was not good and neither were the first several issues of ongoing. It was an easy decision to drop that book.

Give Al Ewing a New Warriors book. Do it Marvel.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm actually wondering, now that I think about it, if they're planning to 'cancel' Contest of Champions, and then relaunch it with a #1 for Marvel NOW! The dates would sort of line up.

Avengers Arena got a sequel, dammit, so should this!

Actually speaking of Avengers Arena, I kind of wonder if they might actually revisit it (or were planning to), since it seems to be a recurring theme that shows up in the letters pages for Contest of Champions. I'd actually genuinely be looking forward to Ewing's take on that.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 2, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

All I'm saying is that Al Ewing needs to be writing a book with Night Thrasher in it. Whether it be Ultimates, New Avengers, or a revamped New Warriors.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Die Laughing posted:

It was always good, got off to a bit of a rougher start post-SW, last couple issues have been really good though, new artist and new post-setup arc have really made the book go from "good" to "everyone pull this book now".

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Al Ewing needs to be back on Loki, firstly. Also we need a Loki solo book again. From now until the end of linear time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Toxxupation posted:

Al Ewing needs to be back on Loki, firstly. Also we need a Loki solo book again. From now until the end of linear time.

There's one coming, from the same writer of Gwenpool.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

My favourite thing in CWII1 is it just hard cutting into the aftermath. Now I don't think I want to read the FCBD issue to see it actually happening.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Brocktoon posted:

That's ironic, given that Rich actually quite sensibly and correctly insisted that the Secret Wars reboot talk was untrue, even when more normally-credible people like Graeme McMillen were misreporting the initial Battleworld announcement as confirmation of such

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Glad to see that other people were reading Contest of Champions, I Didnt think there were any. It's been really fun, the issue today feels like the start of a five issue arc and now the next issue is the end. I'm not sure if there will be time to wrap things up at all even with a double issue.

I'm sure Maestro will show up in other books as marvel has spent a lot of time in a lot of books building him up and bring him into present 616 continuity. But I want to see more Punisher 2099 and Night Thrasher!

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

X-O posted:

There's one coming, from the same writer of Gwenpool.

I know, but from everything Gillen and Ewing have said it's more political satire than Loki, God of Stories and conflicted maybe-hero. Which is great, because Gwenpool overcame a rocky first issue to be genuinely really good and I'm excited for Vote Loki, but I really really want Loki's story with Verity Willis to continue in some form.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Toxxupation posted:

I love this book so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Starsnostars posted:

Civil War II is going to end with the reveal that the whole event was one of Ulysses' predictions and he'll do something so that it never actually happens.

So basically like Next with Nicholas Cage where half the movie is him seeing the future failure and then it cuts back and he's like "Yeah, K. Let's do this instead."

What I'm saying is cast Nicholas Cage or put him in the comic.

• Locked thread