Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Finished my d3 wizard cosplay a few weeks ago, woo! So here are pictures of me touching stone structures.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
That's a very casual looking space marine.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

http://cosplay.kotaku.com/cosplayer-could-lose-an-eye-after-contact-lens-mishap-1779730950

Ow ow ow ow

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

This is why I'm done forever with effects lenses. The good lord invented Photoshop for a reason, dammit!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

McPantserton posted:

Finished my d3 wizard cosplay a few weeks ago, woo! So here are pictures of me touching stone structures.

I hope you don't mind.

:gonk:

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

VendaGoat posted:

I hope you don't mind.

:gonk:

This is unironically the tannest I have ever looked haha. Mind if I ask what tools you used to change it? Still learning photomanip and what I like/don't like

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

McPantserton posted:

This is unironically the tannest I have ever looked haha. Mind if I ask what tools you used to change it? Still learning photomanip and what I like/don't like

Photoshop cs4

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

VendaGoat posted:

Photoshop cs4

Not quite what I meant but thanks anyway :P

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

McPantserton posted:

Not quite what I meant but thanks anyway :P

Oh.

Sorry about that.

First things first, color balance your monitor to a standard.
http://spyder.datacolor.com/portfolio-view/spyder5pro/
So, there's two hundred bucks gone.

Let your monitor warm up for 30 minutes, calibrate it, open picture in PS.

Color balance first. After viewing, literally tens of thousands of images, you can see where things are off and adjust sliders as needed. Yours was heavy green and cyan.

Shadow/highlights adjustment so that there isn't so much difference between the two. Exposure up or down, depending. Brightness/contrast if needed. Flip between original and adjusted version to see your progress. Do this a bunch, so you can see where further changes need to be made. Unsharp mask to taste.

And then throw your camera and computer in the trash like a god damned anim..... *Clears throat* sorry, thought I was in GBS for a moment.

That was the quick edit I did for your picture. I can get much, MUCH, more involved depending on what is needed or ambient light that is loving tinted. So on and so forth.

Get the exposure and the color right and 99 times out a 100 you're good to go. The rest is taste.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Ok cool, way more helpful. I'm not a photographer and I'm still pretty new at photimanip (I used cs5!) so I'm down to learn. I leaned it green because my friendly neighborhood park is a bit too cheery for Diablo haha but I can see what you mean.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You'll learn. :)

I walked my stupid rear end into The Dorkroom, with a 15 year old, uncalibrated monitor and posted pictures.

They had a good laugh at my silly rear end. :downs:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

I love this one, but without a proper Bob wig that guy just looks like a member of Run D.M.C. Although, that might make me like it even more.

e: Holy loving poo poo...

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

we had a guy come in to the CSH when i was a medic in iraq. he was working on a vehicle, got sprayed in the eyes with battery fluid into his contact lenses. he rinsed out for about 30 seconds and went for a cigarette. 30 minutes later he was basically blind.

ps peeling poo poo off of eyeballs is basically the worst

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Whats a good way to find folks that want to get some cosplay work done? My wife is wanting to get into making some costumes and the like, and I don't know how to find a reliable audience and we just missed Comic Con and the Ren fair isn't until September. Anyone have a good idea on how to find folks interested in this kind of thing?

She recently completed a Landsknect costume and I'll post photos once she has it ready for display, she's pretty proud of her work.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

we had a guy come in to the CSH when i was a medic in iraq. he was working on a vehicle, got sprayed in the eyes with battery fluid into his contact lenses. he rinsed out for about 30 seconds and went for a cigarette. 30 minutes later he was basically blind.

ps peeling poo poo off of eyeballs is basically the worst

I didn't bring my contacts to Iraq for this exact reason. I never wore my glasses either but my eyes aren't that bad.

However... I did get lice shampoo (for my kids) in my contact case and just casually rinsed it out after tossing the old contacts and putting new ones in the case. Nope, not good enough. My contact bothered me and I took it out after a few hours. The shampoo fused the loving contact to my eye and a large portion of the top layer of my eye came with it. Few days in an eye patch, steroid drops in my eyes, and I was better, but the doctor said that losing my eye was a real possibility.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Welp thanks guys never wearing contact lenses ever now

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Jastiger posted:

Whats a good way to find folks that want to get some cosplay work done? My wife is wanting to get into making some costumes and the like, and I don't know how to find a reliable audience and we just missed Comic Con and the Ren fair isn't until September. Anyone have a good idea on how to find folks interested in this kind of thing?

She recently completed a Landsknect costume and I'll post photos once she has it ready for display, she's pretty proud of her work.

The Replica Prop Forum is where I personally would go looking to hire out a commissioner, both the facebook group and the forum are good for that. I'd probably start there by posting progress threads in the forum to let people see the quality of her work.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Jastiger posted:

If you're in the US, what part? I know a lot of re-enactors.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Dude builds a 7 foot tall Juggernaut costume and terrorizes some frail old man

Here's a video of it in action:
https://www.facebook.com/krystina.hernandez/videos/10206351194003632/

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Funzo posted:

If you're in the US, what part? I know a lot of re-enactors.

I'm surprised you don't know! I'm in Iowa!

McPantserton posted:

The Replica Prop Forum is where I personally would go looking to hire out a commissioner, both the facebook group and the forum are good for that. I'd probably start there by posting progress threads in the forum to let people see the quality of her work.

Is that on SA here or its own separate entity?

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Jastiger posted:

Separate forum/facebook group

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Jastiger posted:

But there is a cosplay creation thread and a reenactment thread here on SA.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

I'm the juggernaut, lich!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
His looks vaguely like Hafthor Bjornsson/The Mountain from GoT and the costume only helps that. :v:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

frankenfreak posted:

His looks vaguely like Hafthor Bjornsson/The Mountain from GoT and the costume only helps that. :v:

If it was Hafthor Bjornsson I don't think he'd even need a costume to be that size.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

The lusty Argonian maid?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Lifts-Her-Tail, specifically.

don't ask me why I know that

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

poptart_fairy posted:

I already made that reference!

Anyway, I'm phone posting so please enjoy this link wherein a friend of mine made a Guyver costume.
https://m.imgur.com/gallery/ii2XY

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

That's a good costume. I love seeing people's takes on the Guyver.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

A vaporwave cosplay :pusheen:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Inzombiac posted:

Lifts-Her-Tail!

Ewww, gross, you read the Cosplay Photos thread. :v:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I only come here to read the articles posts.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I will bring you folks Colossalcon Pictures. This I swear.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Inzombiac posted:

Anyway, I'm phone posting so please enjoy this link wherein a friend of mine made a Guyver costume.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Inzombiac posted:

I already made that reference!

That is probably the best Guyver i've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Repo Man posted:

That is probably the best Guyver i've seen.

I'll let him know you said so. He's posted other stuff to that Imgur account. He's a really nice guy and deserves recognition.

• Locked thread