Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FluffieDuckie

Salmiakki posted:

america continues to baffle me

:agreed:

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado

step 1. baffle Finland
step 2. "liberate" Finland
step 3. profit

shinmai

CHK Instruction
Better hurry up before we turn into Crimea 2.0

Piso Mojado

America should choose a president through a slam dunk competition.

eonwe

Piso Mojado posted:

it would make more sense than what we currently do

Salmiakki

shinmai posted:

Better hurry up before we turn into Crimea 2.0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoXmca9LbuA

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

treasure bear

in 2096 a general will rise to prominence after a period of economic and political crisis resulting in the conquest mexico and will begin a militaristic dictatorial dynasty after the second bombing of washington

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Someday, in the not so distant future...

U.N. Hearing Room

Russian Delegate: I don't trust the US's intentions regarding the missile shield in Poland

U.N. President: I have read your petition, and I understand your concerns regarding the United States and their "intentions" as you put it, regarding the missile shield.

Russian Delegate: We in Mother Russia feel as though this is like having a how you say, marks man shooter? He is standing across the street from your dear friend's house, smiling and waving, saying "do not worry! I am here to protect you!" and all the while they are looking down the scope. We do not like it.

U.N. President: Do you have any suggestions?

Chinese Delegate: I have a complaint regarding our pleasure resort we built in the Pacific please...

U.N. President: *sigh* just a second. Once calamity at a time, ladies and gentlemen!

U.S. Delegate: If I may, Mr. President?

U.N. President: Please! *visibly relieved*

U.S. Delegate: We have decided to ease the world's fears concerning the election of our recent President, Mr. Mickey Mouse- while we sort out what the hell to do next we have voted on and passed legislation supporting this temporary measure which should ease tensions around the world

**the lights dim, revealing a screen and an image very much resembling Facebook's interface**

General Johnson: As you can see, this looks very much like the interface many of you use on Facebook. From now on, any decision the US chooses to make that has any impact on the international community, World Leaders will have the chance to Like, Love, Hate, Be Sad, Be Angry, and on holidays there will be special symbols you can associate with your feelings toward US Foreign Policy.

Everyone: :bravo:

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jun 1, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Scaly Haylie

alnilam posted:

ah, to pet ze kitty... *puffs on cigarette* it is something to, 'ow you say, recommend

oui

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Piso Mojado posted:

you'd still have the same ones: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heights_of_presidents_and_presidential_candidates_of_the_United_States

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Golden Gate Bride
knife to meet you

Why is that a wiki page :iiam:

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

Mulli posted:

Why is that a wiki page :iiam:

here's a funny thread about that: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3263403

----------------

alnilam

wow Hogge Wild you're just full of links

ty manifisto

Hogge Wild

by FactsAreUseless

alnilam posted:

wow Hogge Wild you're just full of links

there's a few in my profile too

----------------

Absurd Alhazred

by Athanatos

MrWillsauce posted:

absurd alhazred can you recommend me another movie please? Barton Fink was very good

Aww, I'm glad you liked it! If you haven't watched Fargo, do so. I really liked The Martian, if you're into hard Sci Fi.

----------------

3D Megadoodoo

It's Soviet week or something so they're showing the Russian version of the show where a cop travels back in time :prepop: on TV

3D Megadoodoo

Ooh and Vodka, Inspector Palmu, which has the only good chase scene in the history of Finnish cinema.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Hogge Wild posted:

there's a few in my profile too

hi how are you ♥

FilthIncarnate

Weird owl has life all figured out
look upon me

i'll show you the life of the mind

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

FilthIncarnate posted:

look upon me

i'll show you the life of the mind

the best coen brothers movie imo

hi how are you ♥

FilthIncarnate

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

the best coen brothers movie imo

They've said they'll consider doing a sequel but only when the main actor gets really old

Working title "Old Fink"

FilthIncarnate

It's really a great movie, especially once you realize it's a thinly-veiled biopic of Clifford Odets

FilthIncarnate

In other news it seems the only reliable way to get me to post is apparently to mention "Barton Fink".

FilthIncarnate

In other other news

I have like eight chicken thighs I need to use up, and I''m just out of ideas at this point.

Anyone have a recipe that doesn't involve paella, curry, or Filth Incarnate's patented "Sunshine Chicken", a complicated and time-consuming soy sauce/honey reduction?

I've been craving something I had a couple times a few years ago, which a friend has just informed me is called "pulao", and he has a cookbook with the recipe but won't send me it because he's busy just

*sigh*

anyway

I'm open to suggestions.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
chicken thigh idea: cook them in a large skillet, covered, over low heat for about 45 minutes with onions, carrots, celery and red peppers. add salt, cayenne, garlic and white pepper. flip every 8 or nine minutes, cook until they are falling apart when you flip them. let rest about 5 minutes to absorb most of the juice.

:shrug:

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

i just made this with chicken breasts but you could do it with thighs and it would probably work

fry the chicken parts for two minutes a side in a fry pan then chuck them in an oven at about 360f for 20 minutes

while that's going on chop up about 7oz/200g mushrooms and fry them in butter until they start browning. pour in 1/2 cup white wine and 2 crushed and chopped garlic cloves, cook all that until the wine loses its boozy character. Add about 1/2 cup creme fraiche then heat all that up until it thickens a bit. Add some parsley

Retrieve the chicken from the oven, pour that sauce in and around the chicken and put whatever you want on the side. It's pretty unhealthy but very edible

hi how are you ♥

FilthIncarnate

Y'all are the best.

I'm tempted to do Mr. Luvcow's idea since I have most of those ingredients on hand already, but Mr. Boner's looks delicious too.

I

hmmmmm.

Golden Gate Bride
knife to meet you
One should not eat chicken but instead embrace it with love and care and respect. Then eat its unborn chicks.

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

FilthIncarnate posted:

Y'all are the best.

I'm tempted to do Mr. Luvcow's idea since I have most of those ingredients on hand already, but Mr. Boner's looks delicious too.

I

hmmmmm.

if you go with mine scale up the ingredients, this is probably enough for 3 chicken breasts so double or maybe even triple it if you're going to cook a lot of chicken

hi how are you ♥

alnilam

isn't barton fink the one that's all candle-lit and they had to invent a new f-stop to film it and everyone had to remain really still all the time during filming

ty manifisto

FilthIncarnate

I have to jazz these up somehow.

I might end up doing something radical.

I might make a chicken mull.

I have no response to this, but I appreciate and value your contribution.

------

I need something with lots of sauce, but it probably shouldn't include milk.

How can I get this chicken wet

tao of lmao

Luvcow posted:

mookie betts hit 3 home runs tonight! :)

this redsox team is so, so much fun to watch

FilthIncarnate

I have rice wine so I'm making drunken chicken

thank you all for your advice and support during this trying time.

alnilam

alnilam posted:

isn't barton fink the one that's all candle-lit and they had to invent a new f-stop to film it and everyone had to remain really still all the time during filming

oh wait no that was barry lyndon

ty manifisto

Golden Gate Bride
knife to meet you

alnilam posted:

oh wait no that was barry lyndon

I love that movie

3D Megadoodoo

Any good recipes for the following ingredients: French fries, steaks, eggs, one slice of bread? They're all I've got.

symbolic

Jerry Cotton posted:

Any good recipes for the following ingredients: French fries, steaks, eggs, one slice of bread? They're all I've got.
throw them all into the blender for a quick, easy smoothie

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

tao of lmao posted:

this redsox team is so, so much fun to watch

it's been amazing, I am a baseball stats geek

I Was The Fury

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

Jerry Cotton posted:

Ooh my turn! First, toast your bread, then crumble it into tiny Itty bitty little pieces. Then, cook your fries in a manner you desire, either deep fried or baked or pan fried, however your heart desires. Cut your steak in half, but not the easy way. Cut it so that you have a top half and bottom half, not left and right. Scoop out some of the steak filling (bag it for later to cook up a delicious late night snack!) And replace what you remove with French fries. Place the top half back on top you your fry filled steak bowl, and egg the whole thing. Just drench it in egg. More than you're thinking, you really don't want to underegg this thing. Next roll the messy creation in your bread crumbs. Aw gently caress, the steak fell apart and fries spilled everywhere, didn't they? It's okay, rebuild it and this time you can use some twine if you have any to bind it closed. If not then just do your best. Once the whole steak is crumb'd up, or all the crumbs are gone, stick the whole shebang in the deep fryer. The deep fryer is on, right? poo poo. Well turn it on. No don't take the steak out, let the oil heat while it's in there. Give it some time. Once the bread crumbs are a dark brown and the eggy gooiness becomes less goo like and more cooked egglike, it's probably done. Remember to remove the twine after taking it out of the oil, and do your best to enjoy! Now call your doctor and schedule an appointment because it probably wasn't cooked all the way. You an try again tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Jerry Cotton posted:

Sounds like the makings of a Pittsburgh sando

In short fry the egg and put it + everything else on the bread as a sandwich. Yes even the fries. This is the traditional food of Pixburgh.