Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

anime was right posted:

reinhardt is probably one of the most balanced chars in the game imo?

The only reason he's not higher is because he's virtually useless on KOTH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Just got the Slapshot legendary skin for Lucio :toot:

Makes up for a bunch of horrendously poo poo losses in a row

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Right but if we're talking about a scenario where he's shielded in a corner or whatever, Genji isn't going to break that.

No, but he doesn't have to. He can just strike through the shield, turn, and dump shruikens into bastion's glowy thing. If Reinhardt drops his shield to kill you, your team can kill the bastion. If he doesn't, you should be able to juke around the bastions fire at super close range and hit him until he dies.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Lady Naga posted:

lol lucio

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Pharah's rockets should be buffed in damage for direct hits.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

cock hero flux posted:

Reinhardt is a big wall that protects his team from everything in front of them. Stay with the team, they have guns and will shoot things you can't reach while you protect them.

no they won't :smith:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

cock hero flux posted:

No, but he doesn't have to. He can just strike through the shield, turn, and dump shruikens into bastion's glowy thing. If Reinhardt drops his shield to kill you, your team can kill the bastion. If he doesn't, you should be able to juke around the bastions fire at super close range and hit him until he dies.

This sounds entirely too hopeful. I mean yeah it can happen but if we're talking about counters, what good does it do to assume a Genji who's just wildly better than Bastion

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Lucio is king of the hill. And dope beats.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
This is a fun game. Especially when you get a goon group that doesn't cycle through people every match or when you lose a match and you can play and have fun with the same people for hours.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

teagone posted:

Lucio is king of the hill. And dope beats.

please don't imply lucio is a drug lord with these "king of the hill" and "dope" mentions man

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
I have started liking Mercy significantly more in the last couple days since I have given up on trying to keep idiots alive. I tend to anchor on a sniper (if there is a competent one on our team) and damage boost until someone needs healing which is when I swoop in, top up and (if the fight is over) swoop back to my anchor.

Someone run off and do something dumb? Too bad. Damage boosting and staying alive is a better idea than leaping to you to save your dumb rear end. Besides, the people who should be flanking don't need heals anyways until it collapses into a fight on the payload/point. Only exception I frequently make is leaping to Reinhardt if he is trying to get a good pick. First night I played it was with friends and my buddy who was in open beta went Reinhardt and would charge into the group of 6, get a pick on the support, promptly get immediately shredded at which point I would leap in and rez him and heal him while he proceeds to clean up the now confused team.

I'm also a huge fan of the kill cam mechanic. I have been in a number of situations where I have adamantly called bullshit on my deaths because "I was leaping away, there's no way I could have been melee'd there!" at which point the kill cam shows me that I had barely started moving when I got hammered in the back. I really like having video evidence of my mistakes so I can figure out where I went wrong.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lady Naga posted:

And even then, if your team communicates, he can often shut down an entire entrance to the point and allow your team to focus down other heros. Pros obviously negate that, but not pub games.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jastiger posted:

I wouldn't complain if they did since I play her the most but the damage feels pretty good to me

I'd maybe like the splash damage to do a little more though

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Right but if we're talking about a scenario where he's shielded in a corner or whatever, Genji isn't going to break that.

That is when you just go hanzo and ult his rear end out of the corner.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

jubelio posted:

Maybe they do and you just troll the poo poo out of people so hard they bail on the game? I dunno, do you trash talk or anything?

I don't say anything in chat really. I'll talk on voice to call out snipers/ults/whatever sometimes

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

cock hero flux posted:

Reinhardt is a big wall that protects his team from everything in front of them. Stay with the team, they have guns and will shoot things you can't reach while standing five feet in front of or to the side of your shield. Eventually they all die, you say gently caress it and charge in and kill everything yourself.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

ZypherIM posted:

I agree entirely. I'm just saying people keep talking about Genji like a hard counter and honestly he feels more like just a soft counter against isolation, mistakes, stupidity, etc. Like if Roadhog had an incredibly high skill ceiling and wasn't an ult battery.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

ZypherIM posted:

Hanzo is basically a siren and a reminder that you suck at headshotting people. The only people that get caught in Hanzo ult anymore don't really require strategy, counter picks, or aim to defeat.

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I don't say anything in chat really. I'll talk on voice to call out snipers/ults/whatever sometimes

huh, weird.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

jubelio posted:

Hanzo is basically a siren and a reminder that you suck at headshotting people. The only people that get caught in Hanzo ult anymore don't really require strategy, counter picks, or aim to defeat.

It's less "I can't wait for the dragon to kill 4 guys" and more "I can't wait for them to break their little shell and we can gently caress em up while they split"

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Dias posted:

please don't imply lucio is a drug lord with these "king of the hill" and "dope" mentions man

But Lucio is a drug lord. Of chill pills :smug:

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

jubelio posted:

Yea, kind of funny how not being caught in the hanzo ult involves the bastion and his shield and mercy to uproot themselves and loving move. Which lets you go in and murder them.

As for genji against bastion, he works great as long as you have flank options to get close before he can hose you down. Some cases it is better to just sniper/pharah and put damage at him until he has to move.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Help Im Alive posted:

I wouldn't complain if they did since I play her the most but the damage feels pretty good to me

I'd maybe like the splash damage to do a little more though

Definitely more splash. I point blank shot a reaper in the head, both of us full health, then hit him twice more and he managed to still kill me with like 15 hp or whatever, and I hit him twice with one splash. Ridiculous.

I think the splash should remain small to avoid spammy stuff, but direct hits should HURT a lot more than they do now.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

xanif posted:

I have started liking Mercy significantly more in the last couple days since I have given up on trying to keep idiots alive. I tend to anchor on a sniper (if there is a competent one on our team) and damage boost until someone needs healing which is when I swoop in, top up and (if the fight is over) swoop back to my anchor.

Someone run off and do something dumb? Too bad. Damage boosting and staying alive is a better idea than leaping to you to save your dumb rear end. Besides, the people who should be flanking don't need heals anyways until it collapses into a fight on the payload/point. Only exception I frequently make is leaping to Reinhardt if he is trying to get a good pick. First night I played it was with friends and my buddy who was in open beta went Reinhardt and would charge into the group of 6, get a pick on the support, promptly get immediately shredded at which point I would leap in and rez him and heal him while he proceeds to clean up the now confused team.

I'm also a huge fan of the kill cam mechanic. I have been in a number of situations where I have adamantly called bullshit on my deaths because "I was leaping away, there's no way I could have been melee'd there!" at which point the kill cam shows me that I had barely started moving when I got hammered in the back. I really like having video evidence of my mistakes so I can figure out where I went wrong.

Welcome to playing healer in a team-based FPS. Every TF2 medic knows exactly how you feel. As a healer you are so much more valuable if you are able to support the rest of your team, and you can't do that if you're dead.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It's less "I can't wait for the dragon to kill 4 guys" and more "I can't wait for them to break their little shell and we can gently caress em up while they split"

I can understand that, but then if you manage to coordinate your team to that degree, there are much better choices to clear a zone without having to pick the guy that sucks unless you have really fantastic aim.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i like being rezzed into hanzo's ult

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Jastiger posted:

I think what I'd like for pharah if she ever needs to be buffed is to cut the distance on her vertical boost in half and give it two charges like tracer's three blinks.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Jastiger posted:

Definitely more splash. I point blank shot a reaper in the head, both of us full health, then hit him twice more and he managed to still kill me with like 15 hp or whatever, and I hit him twice with one splash. Ridiculous.

I think the splash should remain small to avoid spammy stuff, but direct hits should HURT a lot more than they do now.

As someone who plays almost nothing but Mercy I disagree. Two direct hits kill me. She doesn't need a buff, at least not there.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
pharah should have more and cooler aerial mobility imo

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

anime was right posted:

elbow jets that let her boost sideways

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

anime was right posted:

Let her RMB be a small horizontal boost that uses up a portion of her Fuel.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Jastiger posted:

they deal 120 damage. reaper is just meaty and picks up healthpacks from your lovely dead teammates all the time

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
let pharah use emotes in the air

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Jastiger posted:

Pharah's rockets don't headshot, do they? I know they do 120 base on a direct hit, but a Pharah one-shot me out of spawn today when I was on Torb and I still don't know how that happened. Maybe she had a Mercy or I had a discord orb or something.

Also, not trying to be a dick but if you were point-blank with shotgun murderguy on your jetpack lady that was his fight to lose no matter what.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

mormonpartyboat posted:

let pharah use emotes in the air

that would be dope with the shoryuken cheer one

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zombie Samurai posted:

Pharah's rockets don't headshot, do they? I know they do 120 base on a direct hit, but a Pharah one-shot me out of spawn today when I was on Torb and I still don't know how that happened. Maybe she had a Mercy or I had a discord orb or something.

They do not, no. Even a boosted rocket is only about 154 damage. You probably got hit by a Hanzo arrow or something and then immediately finished off by Pharah.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I got a real cool Winston emote but haven't had a chance to use it yet. Next game I'm picking Winston no matter what so I can show it off... to the enemy team.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Jastiger posted:

I think the splash should remain small to avoid spammy stuff, but direct hits should HURT a lot more than they do now

Something went wrong if reaper got right into your face. He was probably bouncing around while dumping sooo your shots were just poor ? Two direct hits + melee should have done him in.

Buffing direct hits would steer pharah towards Hanzo-lite which is probably a bad thing.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hanzo's ult is like the easiest one to avoid but goddamned if I don't run my stupid rear end into it every single time

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Drakes posted:

Something went wrong if reaper got right into your face. He was probably bouncing around while dumping sooo your shots were just poor ? Two direct hits + melee should have done him in.

Buffing direct hits would steer pharah towards Hanzo-lite which is probably a bad thing.

Yeah I definitely nailed him and then had a near miss, and I still died. Frustrating for sure.

I just know I"m tired of direct hitting people and them just walking away like nothing happened, especially big dudes like Roadhogg and the like. I nailed you 3 times in the FACE fucker, you should die. Especially Reaper and the like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?
Just sounds like you should be playing Hanzo if you're scoring those headshots.