Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

The Sisko posted:

X-post from the miniature painting thread.

The armor looks good, but man that face looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
what's the problem with iron circle again? poo poo rules, right? i like the model.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Low attacks and no delivery mechanism. Hope you like tromping across the board.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what's the problem with iron circle again? poo poo rules, right? i like the model.

205 points apop for tough close combat monsters that cannot be transported and thus are doomed to lumber around the board while anything they could conceivably threaten in melee simply walks away from them.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Monster as in monstrous creature, as is they only swing twice (although can generate bonus hits) at WS4. defense wise they are 3+ 4++ (as long as they are B2B with another bot) t7 w4 so they don't die easily, sometimes.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Knocked out some Mor Deythan for my Rewards of Treason. I'm running out of assembly projects, which is a weird and unusual feeling.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
How many headhunter kits did you need to get that many beakies?

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

How many headhunter kits did you need to get that many beakies?

The Legion has many hidden supply depots and equipment caches throughout Imperial space :china:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BirdieBedtime posted:

Knocked out some Mor Deythan for my Rewards of Treason. I'm running out of assembly projects, which is a weird and unusual feeling.

Oh, hey, I recognize that combi-flamer on the right. It's from the Night Lords "hero" model. :3:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
It seems that on June 4th GW shops will be taking pre-orders for a limited-run Praetor in Tartaros armor. 35 loving euros, and it's still FW resin, not hard plastic.

First Tartaros HQ we get and it's a loving limited run, dayum.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

It seems that on June 4th GW shops will be taking pre-orders for a limited-run Praetor in Tartaros armor. 35 loving euros, and it's still FW resin, not hard plastic.

First Tartaros HQ we get and it's a loving limited run, dayum.

Whats it about? It's not an anniversary or x00th store opening or whatever is it?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

TTerrible posted:

Whats it about? It's not an anniversary or x00th store opening or whatever is it?

Some people think it's to celebrate the release of Horus Rising since the timing is pretty close.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
lol @ available at both Games Workshop AND Warhammer stores. What a successful re-brand.

It looks a lot better than some other recent limited edition bits and pieces.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I can dig it, but I hope that head is easily replaced. Hate those little mohawks they give the helmless Terminators.

Edit: More interestingly than the model itself, could it be a harbinger of FW being stocked in stores? A naive hope maybe but one that really should have happened by now.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
That guy would look good in my World Eaters army. Need to apparently get there really early to get him since I missed out on Centos.

Mango Polo posted:

Some people think it's to celebrate the release of Horus Rising since the timing is pretty close.

What? The book? Isn't that the first book in the series?

GreenMarine fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 2, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DeadGame posted:

That guy would look good in my World Eaters army. Need to apparently get there really early to get him since I missed out on Centos.

What? The book? Isn't that the first book in the series?

Celebrating 10 years since the release, to be precise.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I am pretty nonplussed about this limited edition model. I like seeing more terminators with two-handed weapons, but this dude's just lame.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
goddamn i'm tired of firedrakes with that special chaplain.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the divination chaplain or the other one? because they're both loving annoying

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
:lol: Iron Bros cost $75 not counting shipping

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the divination chaplain or the other one? because they're both loving annoying

The praetor one with the shield and EW.

BULBASAUR posted:

:lol: Iron Bros cost $75 not counting shipping

yeah, I'm glad a couple of mine are gifts.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mango Polo posted:

I dig the armor, but either that weapon is too long or too short. Makes him look odd.
Wouldn't mind him for emp child since I don't think they make a HQ choice in that terminator mark yet.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I finally broke and am modeling my own Havocs. Can't wait any more. Should I go with over the shoulder lascannons?

Or the new ones?

MK3- the only armour mark without a kneeling pose :(

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

I finally broke and am modeling my own Havocs. Can't wait any more. Should I go with over the shoulder lascannons?

Or the new ones?

MK3- the only armour mark without a kneeling pose :(

Depends on the weapon imo. If you're going all lascannon then I'd go shoulder.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Missiles and lascannons I like a lot more over the shoulder, everything else under slung.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I jumped in. 8th Legion supremacy. :drac:

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Welcome aboard! Now get your soap and warm water bubble bath ready!

Mango Polo posted:

Missiles and lascannons I like a lot more over the shoulder, everything else under slung.

I'm definitely going for shoulder mounted missiles. Shoulder mounted lascannons feel right, but I like the look of the new ones a bit more. The bitch is going to be finding x10 regular old missile launchers at a reasonable price.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
How good are Rapier Vindicators? I'm debating swapping a caliver support squad for one because I think phosphex and rad grenade Death Guard can handle infantry well enough and I could really use some (relatively) mobile anti tank.

e: List I'm building towards:

quote:

+++ Death Guard 2500 (2497pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (2497pts) ++

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Traitor, XIV: Death Guard]

+ HQ (657pts) +

Legion Praetor (172pts) [Cataphractii Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Combi-Weapon, Paragon Blade, Rad Grenades]
Master of the Legion [The Reaping]

Legion Centurion (105pts) [Artificer Armour]
Consul [Siege Breaker]

Deathshroud Terminator Squad (380pts) [3x Deathshroud Terminators, Land Raider Phobos]

+ Troops (885pts) +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad (355pts) [2x Graviton Gun, 13x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox]
Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Scythe, Rad Grenades]

Legion Heavy Support Squad (240pts) [Lascannons, 4x Legion Space Marines]
Legion Sergeant [Augury Scanner]

Legion Tactical Squad (290pts) [14x Legion Tactical Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Nuncio-Vox, Take an additional Chainsword or Combat Blade]
Legion Tactical Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Melta Bombs, Power Fist, Rad Grenades]

Legion Tactical Support Squad (125pts) [Legion Sergeant, 4x Legion Space Marines, Volkite Calivers]

+ Elites (300pts) +

Apothecarion Detachment (140pts)
Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword]
Legion Apothecary [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner, Power Sword]

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (80pts) [Legion Rapier, Phosphex Canister Shot]

Legion Quad Launcher Support Battery (80pts) [Legion Rapier, Phosphex Canister Shot]

+ Heavy Support (665pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (315pts)
Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Grav-flux Bombard, Phosphex Discharger, 2x Twin-linked Volkite Caliver]

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jun 4, 2016

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

An example of a correct opinion.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Laser Destroyer vindicators are good, especially now that you can squadron them up. It's a good choice.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
MkIII marines carrying underslung heavy bolters look metal as gently caress though.

Quad Mortar supremacy. Burn the world.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Yeast posted:

Yeaaaaah boi. I've played against night Lords quite a lot now - the ability to hit and wound on 3s if you outnumber someone is so. Good.

Also castellax are insane with NL.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

So I made a tank, and next week I get to find out how awful it is!

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

I finally broke and am modeling my own Havocs. Can't wait any more.
Does this mean you're starting Iron Warriors? :v:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm definitely going for shoulder mounted missiles. Shoulder mounted lascannons feel right, but I like the look of the new ones a bit more. The bitch is going to be finding x10 regular old missile launchers at a reasonable price.

The new ones have sick backpacks yeah. Either way it'll look good.

Yeast posted:

That's a whole lot of tiny parts you have there, good luck. A tip for things like upgrades, wash them while they are still on the sprue to save yourself some frustration.

Meanwhile my Angron Red didn't arrive yesterday as it was supposed to, and every store in my area is out of Tamiya Clear Orange. No painting this weekend :(

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

Does this mean you're starting Iron Warriors? :v:

Last weekend I played using my Iron warriors for the first time. Was good and fun. Hixson even clapped his Hands

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Last weekend I played using my Iron warriors for the first time. Was good and fun. Hixson even clapped his Hands

Predictions for how long this lasts?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Never again. I don't like having fun when I play warhammer

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

I don't like having fun when I play warhammer

Same, but for the opponent. Which is why:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU