Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I wish it would list the included purposes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well it is multipurpose so it assuredly has many purposes

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I would think one of the purposes is to hold stolen goods.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
It will come with a pouch to hide your weeb poo poo in so as to make you look like not a piece of weeb trash

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

It will come with a pouch to hide your weeb poo poo in so as to make you look like not a piece of weeb trash

You fool the pouch is going to be a piece of weeb trash, nobody's going to fall for it!

And I'm gonna buy it!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Turn it inside out, now it's not weebish AND it's a bag of holding!

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Maybe it will have a big dollar sign on it, or the word LOOT

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Waffleman_ posted:

Production I.G. announced on their site that they would be animating elements of P5's cutscenes. It's unclear as to whether they're just assisting in the animation or doing it entirely.

http://www.production-ig.co.jp/hotnews/2016/052401.html

Past tense. It's announcing that they did the animation for the cutscenes and that the game goes on sale in September.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Well yes, of course, Neeksy.

Guess I'm not used to the fact that P5 is already done.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
I just don't understand why atlus is still relying on anime cutscenes. They made sense in p3/p4, those games looked like rear end and there are lots of games with anime cutscenes on the ps2. Catherine and p5 look awesome. You don't need the anime scenes anymore when the actual game looks better than them

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

cause anime rules

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

I just don't understand why atlus is still relying on anime cutscenes. They made sense in p3/p4, those games looked like rear end and there are lots of games with anime cutscenes on the ps2. Catherine and p5 look awesome. You don't need the anime scenes anymore when the actual game looks better than them

Animated cutscenes 'feel' more special even if they're cheaper and also animating models can be a giant pain in the rear end for certain things.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Persona 5 should follow in the traditions of its JRPG predecessors by advertising that it has over 22 minutes of anime cutscenes.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

certain things are easier to show in traditional animation than in-game, and outsourcing the more involved cutscenes to an anime studio frees up your staff

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
On a completely unrelated note, I finished Persona 3 the other day and I feel like I need a support group. God drat.

It was my first Megami Tensei adventure. Can I always expect such a swift kick in the balls?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

most SMT games have pretty depressing endings but most of the other persona games aren't that bad

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"
Besides 2.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

persona 4 has some bad endings you can choose but the good endings are more positive than p3's

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Propaganda Machine posted:

On a completely unrelated note, I finished Persona 3 the other day and I feel like I need a support group. God drat.

It was my first Megami Tensei adventure. Can I always expect such a swift kick in the balls?

Persona 3's is pretty depressing, but P4's is much lighter depending on if you don't get the bad ending

Coincidentally Persona 3 happens to have one of my favorite endings in all video games, so good on you for beating a great game and seeing a beautiful yet heartbreaking ending

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYXupyFb3A8

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bump this thread when u listen to all 15 minutes

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Super No Vacancy posted:

Sure, it's nice background :unsmith:

I think the part that really hit me like a sack of bricks more than the final moments after the credits, was how the game goes right back to the happy daytime music and vague knowledge-yet-unfamiliarity of all the characters with each other, except for the second years who are all in the same class. It lulls you into a false sense of security that life can go on as it was before poo poo hit the fan.

And then you try to go...literally anywhere to do anything after school, and, "There's nothing for you here."

And then you're sleepy the very minute you return to the dorm, and there's just a nagging sense of unease that something is seriously not right.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Man, I'm still waiting to see this remix in its context.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4v1vx_iHbc

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

CharlestonJew posted:

witcher 3 is good but it needs more anime

i tried to start a social link with roach but it just got spooked and ran off

its a game about a white haired guy who carries around two swords, and all the ladies want him. the only way it could be more anime is if he had an eyepatch and there was a talking animal mascot following him around.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Blhue posted:

a talking animal mascot following him around.
i see you didnt do the pig quest

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

Bump

Now do it with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QylQp6N3uMA

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Propaganda Machine posted:

Sure, it's nice background :unsmith:

I think the part that really hit me like a sack of bricks more than the final moments after the credits, was how the game goes right back to the happy daytime music and vague knowledge-yet-unfamiliarity of all the characters with each other, except for the second years who are all in the same class. It lulls you into a false sense of security that life can go on as it was before poo poo hit the fan.

And then you try to go...literally anywhere to do anything after school, and, "There's nothing for you here."

And then you're sleepy the very minute you return to the dorm, and there's just a nagging sense of unease that something is seriously not right.

The thing I liked most about P3 over P4 is that it was sort of the middle ground between Anime Hijinks and the really dark tone of an SMT game, so the final product ended up having a nice balance of that.

Definitely play Persona 4 though. While it's more lighthearted overall the cast and story are much stronger than P3.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
it's stronger if you like anime hijinks

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

it's stronger if you like anime hijinks

Or believable human interaction, which P3 has none of

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
P4 also has none of it

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
"GASP A NOSEBLEED *Shoves off of cliff*"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Baal posted:

"GASP A NOSEBLEED *Shoves off of cliff*"

I dunno this seems p accurate to my life.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

gently caress believable human interaction. Just let me suck up to people so I can summon better gods.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the most believable human interaction in the persona series is yosuke being weird about kanji, and people hate that

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
yukari is my fave because she's very believable. especially in the answer.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MarsDragon posted:

Besides 2.

Persona ending happiness ranking from highest to lowest:

Persona 4
[big gap here]
Persona 1
Persona 3
Persona 2

I guess that depends on how you view the ending of 2 did the entire world other than Sumaru City still get destroyed in Eternal Punishment and did the Other Side finally get reset correctly and not leaving a bunch of people just stranded in poo poo universe hovering over a destroyed planet? Persona 4 really goes against the grain since the original ending was pretty happy you just are moving away from your buddies who are all doing ok but then all the new spin offs basically say gently caress that and you just come back like a week later for more wacky adventures so who cares.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Shockingly enough, I'm...already...hours into P4. Ending P3 felt like losing a good friend, especially after literally taking a year to finish it. I found this essay while I was trying to make myself okay with the ending. I'm still messed, and it's just bizarre that a serial murder weirdness feels more lighthearted. I guess it's the fact of individual deaths versus total annihilation.

So far. :tinfoil:

I just rescued, erm, inn girl, and I guess I like how Chie's developed already because i spent the first few hours wanting to smack her silly. I can understand how P4's characters are more fleshed out, but P3's were generally more gentle and perhaps better suited to the overall theme, save for perhaps the sad bullshit between Ken and Shinji.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
It's funny, P3 and P4 play almost identically but even the freaking color scheme in Persona 4 is more upbeat. Make sure you look in the refrigerator at home occasionally.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the fact that you actually interact with the whole party in social links helps flesh them out a whole lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Wait...
Is Barry Goodman not a playable character in #FE?