Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I think you can:

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/bluetooth.html

I use a bluetooth mouse/keyboard, haven't tried audio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

loving lol, Ubisoft apparently leaked Watch Dogs 2 themselves by sending someone a press pack early.

Thanks @Ubisoft for the Watch Dogs 2 gift box. https://t.co/eCIkwoYXA8

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Plague Inc Evolved is a pretty interesting game, I managed to destroy the world with my Clown Flu Virus but my next attempt was foiled as it killed people far too quickly so Iceland became the sole survivor of the great plague.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Policenaut posted:

loving lol, Ubisoft apparently leaked Watch Dogs 2 themselves by sending someone a press pack early.

Thanks @Ubisoft for the Watch Dogs 2 gift box. https://t.co/eCIkwoYXA8

Does anybody on the planet really want Watch Dogs 2?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I want nothing to do with any of the story or world of watch dogs, but if they actually bring the game play they insinuated with the first one it could be fun

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's set in the bay area so I hope you get to cyber-terrorize techbros and venture capitalists

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

Does anybody on the planet really want Watch Dogs 2?

I don't know anyone actively excited for it but a fair few curious given how AC developed from 1 to 2.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I think if they actually developed it so that the gameplay was actually significantly innovative and made good use of the whole hacker aspect of things, as opposed to "GTA with smartphone magic powers", I'd give it a shot

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

it's set in the bay area so I hope you get to cyber-terrorize techbros and venture capitalists

I lived in chicago for a while and i couldnt get over how bad they hosed it up from the map to the accents.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Peel posted:

I don't know anyone actively excited for it but a fair few curious given how AC developed from 1 to 2.

That's really optimistic, plus AC2 was actually worse than AC1 in a lot of ways (unpopular opinion I guess)

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Super No Vacancy posted:

We all know that you'll just be another one of them.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Real hurthling! posted:

I lived in chicago for a while and i couldnt get over how bad they hosed it up from the map to the accents.

The map was like 70% river. I have no idea why they'd say it was Chicago and then gently caress it up that badly.

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

never mind!

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Finished DOOM, DOOM is great. Play doom.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The AC2 treatment is a reason to give them the benefit of the doubt and look forward to learning more about it, nobody says you have to commit to preordering it the moment it pops up at their E3 event.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

This thread needs to get more excited about Dangerous Golf.

Former Burnout devs basically refine Crash Mode, but instead of being a car smashing into other cars, you are a golf ball smashing into all kind of stuff and breaking it. I would guess this gets them far enough away from the Burnout concepts that they don't get sued, but the Giant Bomb quicklook https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcNACv0S2D4 was really clear that this is a refined crash mode game on steroids.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

looks like it would be fun for about an hour

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Awesome! posted:

looks like it would be fun for about an hour

Is that how you felt about crash mode?

Although a huge part of crash mode, for me, was the moving pieces. I haven't watched the vid yet but I'm wondering if it's all static.

e: yeah the first room looks bad...

e2: nope, not crash mode on steroids. looks pretty meh.

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 1, 2016

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
I'm that guy that wants Watch_Dogs 2. I went back recently to beat the DLC, had a lot of fun. The game has potential to have a lot of fun situations to come up and I love listening to the stupid canned conversations (invading privacy). :P

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

haveblue posted:

The AC2 treatment is a reason to give them the benefit of the doubt and look forward to learning more about it, nobody says you have to commit to preordering it the moment it pops up at their E3 event.

But ac had a good idea in its core to develop. W_D is just latter day ac with cars

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Ultimate Mango posted:

This thread needs to get more excited about Dangerous Golf.

Former Burnout devs basically refine Crash Mode, but instead of being a car smashing into other cars, you are a golf ball smashing into all kind of stuff and breaking it. I would guess this gets them far enough away from the Burnout concepts that they don't get sued, but the Giant Bomb quicklook https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcNACv0S2D4 was really clear that this is a refined crash mode game on steroids.

The very video you posted makes it look incredibly boring. all the gameplay nuance of a mobile game with a shitload of particle effects.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

When do they make the free plus games available? NBA 2K16 isn't showing up for me yet.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

always the first tuesday of the month

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Super No Vacancy posted:

Gah this actually makes me kinda wanna play WD2. The Bay Area would make such a good setting for an open world game, lots of diverse environments and clear borders between them. Makes me wonder why it isn't used more. I think like a Driver game was set in SF and that's about it? Unless you count San Francisco Rush.

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

acksplode posted:

Gah this actually makes me kinda wanna play WD2. The Bay Area would make such a good setting for an open world game, lots of diverse environments and clear borders between them. Makes me wonder why it isn't used more. I think like a Driver game was set in SF and that's about it? Unless you count San Francisco Rush.
GTA San Andreas..

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Imagine being excited for a Ubisoft game. The biggest hacks in the industry.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Super No Vacancy posted:

seems interesting. hopefully better protag.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Rainbow Six is quite good, actually

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

I don't think it's going to happen to me again. AC and Far Cry used to be two of my favorite series until two games ago when it suddenly hit me how cynical and checklist they had become.

edit: Never played Watch Dogs but it seemed to be a series designed like that from the beginning, with no sign of anyone's personality or sense of fun in the project.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jun 2, 2016

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Eh, I like their IP's plus they arnt as bad as EA or activision.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Gail Wynand posted:

GTA San Andreas..

Eh I wouldn't count that. The "Bay Area" there was like a mini-faux-SF and not much else.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

what do you have against rayman

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Manatee Cannon posted:

what do you have against rayman

ubiart is the silverlining of the dark digital fart cloud wafting over montreal/paris

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

goferchan posted:

Depending on what y'all are into I can think of a ton of local multiplayer/co-op games, many of which are cheap downloadable games, that I've enjoyed with my gf (and a couple big-name games like Diablo 3). Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime, Chariot, Towerfall, Spelunky, Binding of Isaac, Divinity: Original Sin, Enter the Gungeon, N++, Nuclear Throne, and Resogun are all really fun. On the competitive side of things, Trials: Fusion, Nidhogg, Sportsfriends, and the Jackbox Party Pack all have great local multiplayer. We've also had fun with stuff like The Witness, The Talos Principle, Firewatch, Journey, and Until Dawn which while not technically multiplayer make great "spectator games".

I just need a local shooting game.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

ubiart is the silverlining of the dark digital fart cloud wafting over montreal/paris

If you want more Michel Ancel games then you have to acknowledge Ubi's need for a warchest of samey open-world bullshit titles.

How else will they keep Vivendi at bay?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Watch Dogs had *some* fun in it underneath the terrible story and awful protagonist. I'd rent the sequel.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
The latest Splinter Cell and Rainbow Six games were good.

The post-Ezio AC's are kind of all over the place in quality, each game seems to do one thing pretty well and a bunch of things worse than other games in the series and it's frustrating that they can't get it all right in one game. Syndicate and Black Flag were at least pretty good.

I reaaaaally liked Grow Home. Rayman is cool.

Ubisoft is a weird company, I never love their games unconditionally but I'll always check one out.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Count Chocula posted:

I just need a local shooting game.

You shoot in Helldivers.

Also Knack has local couch co-op

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

If you want more Michel Ancel games then you have to acknowledge Ubi's need for a warchest of samey open-world bullshit titles.

How else will they keep Vivendi at bay?

Ancel is working for sony directly on wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Real hurthling! posted:

Ancel is working for sony directly on wild

well in that case ubi can burn to the ground

• Locked thread