Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

What are the chances CDPR returns to this series after cyberpunk and their unnamed RPG? I'm interested in cyberpunk for the trailer but I know nothing about it, and the rumors that they're done, for good, with The Witcher is a little disheartening. They've been the highlight of the RPG genre. I shudder to think what would happen to the series in the hands of a bigger publisher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brumaldo
Jun 29, 2013

Even if they do decide to come back to it eventually, I remember reading somewhere that Cyberpunk isn't due to come out at least until 2020.
I just wouldn't think about it too much.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

hemophilia posted:

What are the chances CDPR returns to this series after cyberpunk and their unnamed RPG? I'm interested in cyberpunk for the trailer but I know nothing about it, and the rumors that they're done, for good, with The Witcher is a little disheartening. They've been the highlight of the RPG genre. I shudder to think what would happen to the series in the hands of a bigger publisher.

They are done with Geralt, at the very least. And Witcher 3 would be pretty hard to top. It would be better to let the franchise either pass to another studio or leave it on a high note.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Lambert and Eskel are great, I love my Witcher bros

Lambert Lambert quite the prick :allears:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I don't know if any other developer could really "get" the Witcher the way cdpr does. And there is still the upcoming film adaptation to look forward to. I wonder if it'll be live action or cgi considering the cgi team from the game cinematics is working on it

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Best result would be a Ciri game.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Honestly I'd like to play as a mage/sorceress. Ciri would be good too.

edit: playing further back in history, like as the head witcher or whatever at kaer morhen when witchers were still being made.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Lambert Lambert quite the prick :allears:

If I'd bent over, I'da puked.

SUMMON THE BITCHES

there are so many great quotable lines

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
RADOVID SUCKS FLACCID COCK

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

Lareine posted:

Something not B&W related. After the battle at Kaer Morhen, I invited Letho to stay and he accepted. Except now I can't find him anywhere. I found Keira easily but Letho isn't in or around the actual keep. Where is he? Is he off fighting bears or something?

Anybody? I just want to see my bro, Letho.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

WrightOfWay posted:

Equine Phantoms is an amazing quest.

Where do I find it?

edit: nevermind, found it

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jun 1, 2016

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

hemophilia posted:

Honestly I'd like to play as a mage/sorceress. Ciri would be good too.

edit: playing further back in history, like as the head witcher or whatever at kaer morhen when witchers were still being made.

Putting it some years ahead could introduce gunpowder and muskets, which would be fun too.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

This is the best quest, I love this expansion, I love this game.

majestic12
Sep 2, 2003

Pete likes coffee
I found a game breaking bug that Beauclair doesn't have a giant statue of Reynart Bois de Fresnes

My house is being run by Basil Fawlty :ohdear:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I just realized Zoltan was making a joke about the games spotty timelines when he'd forgotten how long it's been since they last saw ciri.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus, when this game decides it wants to become CSI, it really doesn't mess around. Poor sweet Priscilla. At least the resolution is optimistic.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Jesus, when this game decides it wants to become CSI, it really doesn't mess around. Poor sweet Priscilla. At least the resolution is optimistic.

Are you sure you caught the real killer? :v:

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Are you sure? Who did you find to be the murderer?

e:fb

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I'd wager some high stakes that I caught the true culprit.
You might say this case is dead and buried.
This bloodthirsty villain shall ne'er harm innocents again.

...he was a vampire

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Oh I'd wager some high stakes that I caught the true culprit.
You might say this case is dead and buried.
This bloodthirsty villain shall ne'er harm innocents again.

...he was a vampire

Many, many players on the first time through are tricked and turn in the priest with a poker fetish.

Edit: it's one of the most common mentions for favorite Novigrad quest

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 2, 2016

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Lareine posted:

Anybody? I just want to see my bro, Letho.

Since no one answered this, I don't remember where Letho ends up after the battle but he doesn't have any new quests or significant content for you, pretty sure.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Pellisworth posted:

Since no one answered this, I don't remember where Letho ends up after the battle but he doesn't have any new quests or significant content for you, pretty sure.

I realize that he's got nothing for me but it still bugs the hell out of me.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Lareine posted:

I realize that he's got nothing for me but it still bugs the hell out of me.

Google suggests to me that he may not be anywhere after the battle, despite saying he'll stay

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Pellisworth posted:

Google suggests to me that he may not be anywhere after the battle, despite saying he'll stay

That motherfucker. loving lying to me. I was HOPING Kaer Morhen wouldn't end up being completely abandoned but I guess not!

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

WrightOfWay posted:

Equine Phantoms is an amazing quest.

I was legit sad that Roach didn't get more time to chat.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
Something is seriously wrong with this patch.
When I played last year the game was smooth on vsync/30fps no matter where or what, but now everything goes haywire with frame and audio skips especially the first village in front of the pub.
Tried every setting including max prerendered frames to 1, no HairWorks, low grass/foliage, I dunno anymore. This is on an i5-4590 and a 960.
I don't use overlay stuff or OC software, but from glancing at the task manager it seems to hammer the CPU to 100%, should it be doing that from a few chickens running around and 2 children playing in the street?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pellisworth posted:

Many, many players on the first time through are tricked and turn in the priest with a poker fetish.

Edit: it's one of the most common mentions for favorite Novigrad quest
wasn't there a huge secondary objective telling you to maybe look into other stuff before turning it in?

I killed the the priest though because gently caress him. Maybe it's different if you don't

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

equine shadows is the best

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

sauer kraut posted:

Something is seriously wrong with this patch.
When I played last year the game was smooth on vsync/30fps no matter where or what, but now everything goes haywire with frame and audio skips especially the first village in front of the pub.
Tried every setting including max prerendered frames to 1, no HairWorks, low grass/foliage, I dunno anymore. This is on an i5-4590 and a 960.
I don't use overlay stuff or OC software, but from glancing at the task manager it seems to hammer the CPU to 100%, should it be doing that from a few chickens running around and 2 children playing in the street?

Try verifying your cache?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

The only job I didn't lose money on in White Orchard was retrieving a frying pan. It took all of 2 minutes and the gross income was higher than most of the other jobs. All the other quests I ended up spending more on healing options than I made (playing on a difficulty setting where meditating doesn't heal). I totally get why the Witchers are so insistent about getting paid.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

libersyber posted:

Has anyone had serious issues with Blood & Wine quest called Extreme Cosplay? Probably one of the early ones - starts with some dude tending to a guy bleeding out on the side of the road, next to some mansion, which is investigated later.
Turns out people in the mansion were reenacting some historical scene, which caused the statues in the mansion to come alive and attack the reenactors. I keep getting destroyed by the statues, they keep zapping me with fireballs and thunderbolts.It honestly seems to be one of the toughest or the toughest fight that I've ever seen in base W3 or HoS? Any tips?

Bombs.

Long answer, I did this last night on an alchemy build with the full set of Manticore armour. That set gives you bonuses of bombs score crits and you get an extra charge on all your alchemy items, so along with the resting bonus from Corvo Bianco I had 11 of each bomb type. Also cluster bombs talent. I used Dancing Star and finished them off with Grapeshot. They were so stunlocked that they couldn't get a shot off at me or do anything but dance around on fire until they died.

That is a hard fight though, I died the first few times when I tried to fight the usual way, until I changed strategy and carpet bombed them. On DM, one hit of the spells from the women takes a huge chunk of your health.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

So apparently I have some nonexistant Gwent cards. Geralt said "Ahh... the Gwent cards. As promised." but I didn't get anything.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So I think I figured out the shortest path to finishing the five virtues quest.

Charity: Tip the messenger kid
Honor: Win your duel with the prince from rivia
Valor: Win the tournament against the mountain
Wisdom: Correctly guess the answer to the riddle during the games quest: answer is greenhouse
Compassion: Spare the monster that you fight in the tournament ground when it gets loose and nearly kills that knight.

If you do those 5 things you can finish the quest super quick.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yeah but where's the fun in taking the 100% optimal route?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Can someone remind me how to complete both gangs of novigrad and get junior?

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

SirSamVimes posted:

So apparently I have some nonexistant Gwent cards. Geralt said "Ahh... the Gwent cards. As promised." but I didn't get anything.

The cards are Barclay Els and Bruxa - if you already have them, you unfortunately don't seem to get a second copy so your reward ends up being nothing. The Bruxa card was previously miss-able if you didn't win it during the ball quest with Triss.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Are there gonna be a lot of dungeon crawls in this game, because this stupid lamp hunting thing with Keira kinda sucks

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

While I'm at it, is there not an option to turn up the brightness/gamma anywhere? I can't see a fuckin' thing

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

cheesetriangles posted:

So I think I figured out the shortest path to finishing the five virtues quest.

Charity: Tip the messenger kid
Honor: Win your duel with the prince from rivia
Valor: Win the tournament against the mountain
Wisdom: Correctly guess the answer to the riddle during the games quest: answer is greenhouse
Compassion: Spare the monster that you fight in the tournament ground when it gets loose and nearly kills that knight.

If you do those 5 things you can finish the quest super quick.

I question the logic of that compassion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Oh god, he's even pretending to play with Roach now. :therapy: buddy.