Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Daaaaaaaamn, did my first game as the Greenskins, then a VC one and now i'm trying Dwarves. Whomever labeled dwarves as the "easy" start in the game should be forced to face a full Grimgor Ironhide stack and a Waaaagh on turn 14, then be made to sit in the corner and reflect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Dongattack posted:

Daaaaaaaamn, did my first game as the Greenskins, then a VC one and now i'm trying Dwarves. Whomever labeled dwarves as the "easy" start in the game should be forced to face a full Grimgor Ironhide stack and a Waaaagh on turn 14, then be made to sit in the corner and reflect.

trick is to ally really quickly with literally anybody who will let you and start setting war targets on the stacks immediately. it's a pity border princes won't come near you until chaos arrives, but at least all the other dwarf factions are relatively easy to sweet talk, especially if they're at war with any greenskin tribes.
once i got my diplomacy game on lock it made everything so much easier - doomstack coming up the flank? set the target and have a decent garrison that will keep them from outright attacking for a couple turns before reinforcements arrive. the whole chaos incursion itself was dead easy because i kept setting archaon/kholek as war targets, bretonnia's whole military was in VC lands for that whole thing.

I think the only confederation I did was with the faction closest to the bprinces because i wanted the port, and one faction that was about to get crushed by VCs and I wasn't at war with them at all so it was a pretty easy way to save the territory. i only started confederating in earnest once the greenskins were wiped the gently caress out in the south.

wearing a lampshade fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 2, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Turn 50, and the legendary lord ai is becoming increasingly overconfident. Grimgor and Manfred both just laid siege to fortified & occupied cities with only a stack each, with the autoresolve odds way against them, and were promptly murdered.

The Orc-Bane now has a sword that causes terror, as if his name wasn't enough. He's forging his own narrative.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

sassassin posted:

Turn 50, and the legendary lord ai is becoming increasingly overconfident. Grimgor and Manfred both just laid siege to fortified & occupied cities with only a stack each, with the autoresolve odds way against them, and were promptly murdered.

The Orc-Bane now has a sword that causes terror, as if his name wasn't enough. He's forging his own narrative.

My first vampire lord was nicknamed the Man Killer and personally finished Karl Franz at the fall of Altdorf. :v:

(Also +5 leadership to your army against humans is not to be loving knocked)

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Just finished my long Dwarf campaign. Something that worked super well: Thanes and Dwarf Lords + Irondrakes. If you focus on survivability skills/gear they can hang out in melee almost indefinitely. The idea is to get as many enemies clumped around your hero as possible, and then shoot everything to poo poo with AoE flamethrowers and Trollhammers. Holding a line with Ironbreakers means you need to slowly waddle into dangerous flanking areas if you want to lay into their main infantry force because you can't shoot over your dwarf wall. No such problem with a Thane, or a Lord, or Ungrim.

Generally I'd have a main line of Ironbreakers with small blocks of Irondrakes in between. Then I'd send 2-3 melee heroes up a fair bit ahead by themselves, spaced apart. They usually aren't going to catch the aggro of every single unit coming your way, but you've got your Ironbreakers to pick up the chaff that gets through. Everything else gets shredded by your drakes and your unengaged Ironbreaker's blasting charges.

I found that this worked especially well during sieges. Ignore the walls and get the fight down in the narrow streets. Your heroes can block everything very well in those kinds of situations, and your small unit count Irondrakes don't have issues with finding enough space. I just did an assault against another Dwarf faction with 2 Trollhammers in my army who managed to get almost 500 kills each.

The heroes themselves aren't half bad at killing things either, and they give you a good solution to enemy lords.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 2, 2016

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Why does unit size make battles last less or longer? Is that a bug? I just remember someone saying it makes magic more and more useless closer to Ultra

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Lunethex posted:

Why does unit size make battles last less or longer? Is that a bug? I just remember someone saying it makes magic more and more useless closer to Ultra

If you have an attack that does 5 hp damage a second against a target that has 100 hit points how long will it take to kill it? Now, how about if the target has 200 hit points?

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Do the monster units scale in power with unit size? How about artillery? I guess artillery would miss less at least.

Dr Kool-AIDS fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 2, 2016

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Campaign question; is it generally better to vassalize your conquests when presented with the option, or to just go hog wild and occupy everything?

Playing my empire game, I've been vassalizing whenever possible (for both laziness and roleplaying purposes) but now that my war machine is rolling, I'm finding the fact that my map isn't painted more red a little annoying (as well as being drawn into wars before I'm ready when my vassals get attacked) so now I'm thinking maybe I should have gone the other way. I also keep getting the names of all the factions mixed up and I keep forgetting who my allies and enemies are (I know you can check that on the strat map, but still).

TL;DR is it objectively better to vassalize, or does it not matter too much?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Ainsley McTree posted:

Campaign question; is it generally better to vassalize your conquests when presented with the option, or to just go hog wild and occupy everything?

Playing my empire game, I've been vassalizing whenever possible (for both laziness and roleplaying purposes) but now that my war machine is rolling, I'm finding the fact that my map isn't painted more red a little annoying (as well as being drawn into wars before I'm ready when my vassals get attacked) so now I'm thinking maybe I should have gone the other way. I also keep getting the names of all the factions mixed up and I keep forgetting who my allies and enemies are (I know you can check that on the strat map, but still).

Who cares if your vassals get attacked and lose towns, it shouldn't affect you as much as you took the land over and turned it into a money machine.

I learned last night if you wage 2 wars and get invaded, you monthly income goes negative because your trying to field 3 armies and you die.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

I was conquering stuff almost exclusively once I kind of got my poo poo together. My first real "conquest" though was probably Marienburg, then I began to move into the VCs territory after confederating with Stirland. That was before the first Chaos incursion message if I recall correctly. Tenzarin is right though. If you're not careful, more territory means a need for more stacks, which costs a lot of money in this. By the end game I believe I had something like five doom stacks running around and was making about 5100 a turn? But that was only after I had my economy well under control via trade, buildings, and gains from confederations/looting orc settlements. And managing economy in this seems really based around learning which buildings to construct where and when.

Some provinces seem safe enough to conquer though early on, like Wissenland.

Also, Empire players, what purpose do the rockets serve? Hellvolley guns are great, especially when I turned them on the orcs, but it seems like the rockets aren't effective on anything less than blobs of troops.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I tried those last night, The hellvolley (i only bought 1) seemed to hit targets and they would just get back into position.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Quarrellers are so OP, they're so much fun. I specced every lord, agent and tech into missile damage and range etc and they just melt armies and snipe lords before they can even reach my lines.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Do you need to like set up groups of infantry with like groups of armor piercing infantry or dmg dealing infantry to do good in the fights? It seems like I lose alot of soldiers.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
120 turns into my Empire run and diplomacy has payed off. The Bretonnians and the Dwarves are not only helping me against the Chaos invasion but they're in the middle of Chaos land just pushing barbarian tribes further north.

I think they killed kholek in the middle of their rampage. I'm just standing there colonizing Kislev without a single chaos stack opposing me.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Sinteres posted:

Do the monster units scale in power with unit size? How about artillery? I guess artillery would miss less at least.

The scaling in the game is kind of half-assed. Everything gets more HP with higher unit sizes but damage only increases for units with added models*. Some artillery gets increased damage through added models, but some (Hellcannon, Flame Cannon) don't.

*To an extent. More-men=more damage technically but it still creates longer battles because in reality you rarely have every model in a unit attacking and it takes longer to grind though all the increased HP/unit count.

Basically it works the way it did in older TW games where it mostly balanced out because everything had a scaling unit size, but in this game Ultra is not only slower but also favors unit blocks more.

TLDR I switched from Ultra to Large purely for gameplay reasons, because I want the cool parts of the game like magic and monsters to matter more.

madmac fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 2, 2016

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

madmac posted:

TLDR I switched from Ultra to Large purely for gameplay reasons, because I want the cool parts of the game like magic and monsters to matter more.

Do you know what the baseline is? Like which size setting is pre-scaling? Even on medium multi-target magic seems like dogshit compared to the single target stuff.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

It depends. Vassals can be useful. If you keep a vassal in your interior it means at least you'll usually have a stack or two around your homeland and early on you'll be spread pretty thin on the amount of armies you should have. They seem pretty good about following their war objective that you give them. It can be useful to have them running around burning enemy towns which I saw my vassal doing a decent amount of. The compositions of their armies probably won't be great so they fall off in the late game. I end up breaking the vassalization and just eating them once I get big enough. In my vampire count campaigns I've been vassalizing the southwestern vampires and in some have been letting them expand southwest/south into the border prince area. I think they were ranked 7 or 8 in strength and it didn't seem like they were going to rebel but maybe that's because I was at or near the top.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the unit options I have available to me. I'm never sure what to use against what, and why I should start using this new halberdier instead of the pikemen with shields I already have. Total War games are a bit crazy for newcomers. I feel like the game does a pretty poor job of easing you into things. It's fairly straight forward at the start, but the options really start to get less and less clear after a few battles.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I'm pretty sure I destroyed all the Greenskins but I didn't get any kind of :toot: message, victory, or anything. I figured wiping out the Greenskins was one of the victory conditions in the Dwarf campaign?

Also, dealing with agents is a pain in the rear end. You get some dickstabber up to level 14, and your level 1 agent has a very poor chance of assassinating him and a good chance of getting hurt in the attempt/assassinated back. My Thanes seem to spend more time recovering then actually doing poo poo.

Ironbreakers seem like the best defensive unit in the game. Great stats, good vs any kind of enemy charge AND they chuck satchel charges at the attackers on the way in.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Mannfred just pushed my Chaos short campaign over the line by taking out Altdorf on turn 180. poo poo is shameful.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Gadzuko posted:

In the recruitment screen, when you mouse over a unit card and the details come up there is also a little pin icon on the unit card that you can click. This will pin the unit details and you can mouse over all the stuff to get the popups and see what it really means. It also lets you compare units, it puts a mark on the stats to show what your pinned unit's stats are compared the one you have selected.

Holy poo poo thank you. Not that the game ever explained it but at least it's in there. Maybe this should go in the OP? Cause it's a big help for people wondering what the hell all this means.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Gunder posted:

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by all the unit options I have available to me. I'm never sure what to use against what, and why I should start using this new halberdier instead of the pikemen with shields I already have. Total War games are a bit crazy for newcomers. I feel like the game does a pretty poor job of easing you into things. It's fairly straight forward at the start, but the options really start to get less and less clear after a few battles.

Empire basic infantry, swordsmen and spears can carry you through the whole game with the lord character upgrades that give them more stats (honest steel).

Most units in this game fall into these general categories:

Basic infantry - swordsmen, spearmen
Large Monster killers - spearmen, halberds
Infantry killers - most horsemen, monsters

anti armor ranged - handgunners
anti low armor ranged - crossbows

Everything is a slight variation on this, usually you get better stats the more you pay. As you buy more expensive units, make sure you are using them for their role. Hit "i" on your keyboard in battles to bring up an expanded unit info display that gives you quick ideas of what units are for.

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Not my pic, but I laughed. It's the reward that truly makes it perfect. :allears:

Mazz posted:

I can release the dwarf one if people want it, its pretty much done (the flavor text is the same as the level 3 keep since I'm lazy and don't care to search out where to change that). For other factions though I'd have to make them still. I'm probably going to play empire next and I'll probably do it there at some point.

I'd love to try that out.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Magni posted:

Not my pic, but I laughed. It's the reward that truly makes it perfect. :allears:

I completed this grudge for the Public Order boost, but the two coins are just icing.

All the unprompted grudges are hilariously petty, I got one to rescue one of my Halfling chefs stolen by another Dwarf-hold. No doubt they're after his secret recipe for figgy-pudding! :argh:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, been trying armies out in multiplayer, you know how lords can practically solo armies by themselves, especially vampires? been making a army with large funds, mannfred on a horse, 4 wights, 5 vampires and 10 zombies.

50% heroes, 50% fodder to tire out the enemy and waste time.

It hasn't been defeated so far, the vampires can cycle the regeneration and the wights never get tired in a fight, any big targets just get soul leeched and no swarms of little guys can dent the heroes, it's been stupidly effective cutting out the middleman and letting the lords destroy everything.

Plus, the huge swarm of zombies and decoy heroes make it hard to use spells to kill them as fast as they can kill you.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 2, 2016

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
gently caress Radios, it's turn 30 in my Dwarf campaign and I'm hemmed in by allies. Pretty sure the natural dwarven favorability to prolonged battles is boosting these arseholes.

In other news: SHAMEFUL DISPWAY!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Gunder posted:

What the other guy said, but just because I feel like it I'll give you an Empire effort post.

Empire State Troops

Man for man Empire State Troops in general aren't the best around, they're fairly fragile, relatively easy to route and not especially good at anything. They are however highly cost effective and versatile, and in combination with Honest Steel you can utilize them as expendable meatshields the entire game.

Note that every race gets basically that same buff skill for their basic infantry, but it's most effective for Empire because they're the only faction who will be using those basic units the entire game.

Spearman Crap unit, counters cav semi-effectively but you get the better-in-all-respects Spearman-with-Shield with a level 2 Rax so don't actually build these ever.

Spearmen with Shields Are anti-large, so they do poorly against infantry but are fairly strong against Cav and Monster units. Having a shield* lets them absorb ranged fire better so these are decent line units. Early game you'll just be doing infantry clashes against other Empire factions though, so you don't need more than like 2 of these for a long while.

*Units with shields deflect 30% of incoming projectiles from the front. Does not help vs Artillery.

Swordsmen These are your basic anti-infantry unit, they're good against infantry but bad against cavalry and monsters. Build a ton of these early game for fighting other Humans and worry about diversifying later.

Halberds Halberds don't have shields, so they're weak against archers but have both anti-large and armor piercing, making them solid hitters against basically everything especially later in the game when armored and large units become more common. You'll want a handful of these early on and more late game depending on who you are fighting. Are also the best possible units to defend your artillery with.

Greatswords Expensive but very powerful anti-infantry units. These can replace swordsmen eventually but not until you have the finances to support their upkeep. Note that Greatswords have Armor Piercing and also a +10 damage bonus vs infantry, they'll wreck heavy infantry for you no problem but not having a shield makes them somewhat vulnerable to archers. For best results, deploy them on the flanks to sweep around and crush enemies from behind, or put them in a second row behind your front line to counter charge and wreck after your more expendable swords/spears take the brunt of the enemy charge.

Crossbows Have good range and a fast rate of fire, and can arc their shots over your front line so you don't have to do anything special to deploy them effectively. They are strong against lightly armored units but weak against heavy armor. In general it's often ideal to use them to focus fire enemy archers after your respective lines are engaged.

Handgunners They shoot straight, so you want to deploy them with elevation or on flanks when possible, however their damage output is quite high when used correctly and they tear up most heroes and armored units like nothing. Pretty much just use crossbows early game and worry about these guys later when stronger enemy units start showing up. Deploying them effectively requires more micro than crossbows and will take a little practice.

Pistoliers, Outriders, Grenade Outriders

These are light ranged cav units. You can set them to skirmish mode and they'll easily outrun most melee attackers while kiting them to death. These are a fairly niche/skill unit, they can be effective as highly mobile flankers but you can also totally ignore them and be fine. Enemy ranged infantry will rip them to shreds in seconds, so beware.

Empire Knights, Reiksguard

These are heavy armored shock cavalry units. Their role is to circle around and flank charge into units for massive damage and morale shock. Use them to clear out enemy archers and artillery, then send them crashing into the back of engaged enemy infantry for a near-instant route. You want to leave them engaged for a few seconds after charging to take full advantage of their charge bonus, but then you'll need to pull out if fighting anything stronger than an archer unit. Pull out, reform, and charge again.

Empire Knights are cheaper than Reiksguard but inferior in every other respect.

Demigryph Knights

Somewhat like the above Knights except they are insanely powerful and murder everything even if you leave them stuck in close-combat forever. Abuse as much as your conscience permits.

Mortar

Your basic artillery. It has decent range and splash but poor damage and your other artillery is better after you unlock them.

Cannons

Cannons have excellent range, are very precise, and do very good damage to armored and large units. Use these to snipe powerful enemy units but don't expect them to do much against infantry formations.

Hellblaster cannon

A short-ranged rapid-fire cannon designed to take on infantry blocks but seems iffy in it's current implementation. Avoid for now.

Hellfire Rockets
Basically your upgraded mortar. Has insane range and splash but terrible aim and poor armor piercing.

Steam Tanks

Kills everything, never dies.

Luminarch of Hysh

A very specialized laser cannon designed to snipe monsters specifically. It's kinda niche and easily ignorable for now.

Heroes are a whole topic in themselves I'm not getting into right now.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Even if I manage to win this Empire campaign because I'm probably too big to fail at this point, I feel like overextending has made the mid-game pretty frustrating since I'm putting out fires everywhere and feeling like I have just barely enough (or not quite enough) stacks to get most of it done.. I pretty much pursued alliances with every human and dwarf faction I could, which turns out to be a real mess. Between conquest and confederation, I'm making a really big target for skaeling raids and chaos agents, and the greenskin faction I haven't run into yet just seems to be getting bigger and bigger in the meantime. Confederating Middenland was when everything went to poo poo and kind of stopped being fun, so maybe don't do that unless you want to deal with Chaos Vikings constantly from now on.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

madmac posted:

What the other guy said, but just because I feel like it I'll give you an Empire effort post.

Empire State Troops

madmac I like your writeups and I'd love to see you do them for all of the factions and whatnot like you did with AoW3. No pressure though :)

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I acquired a spare army when I confederated, and I don't really want to pay the upkeep. Should i just disband everyone? Keep the lord because he's leveled up?

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Literally what the gently caress is the point of the black coach? I always get one because why not but what does it even do?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Literally what the gently caress is the point of the black coach? I always get one because why not but what does it even do?

It's a chariot, so its purpose is to crash into infantry formations and gently caress them up before pulling out and doing it again. Its gimmick is that it's supposed to get more powerful as more people around it die but nobody is sure if that's even working.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Lone Badger posted:

I acquired a spare army when I confederated, and I don't really want to pay the upkeep. Should i just disband everyone? Keep the lord because he's leveled up?

You can disband all of them, even the lord. If you disband lords they just go back into the recruitment pool after a delay of a couple turns - they keep all their levels and you can re-hire them for free.

Kanos posted:

It's a chariot, so its purpose is to crash into infantry formations and gently caress them up before pulling out and doing it again. Its gimmick is that it's supposed to get more powerful as more people around it die but nobody is sure if that's even working.

I feel like the problem with the Black Coach is that it's SO high up in the building tiers that it's probably going to be the very last thing a VC player unlocks, by which point they will have been doing absolutely fine without it and it's not enough of a game changer to really bother with by that point since you've already got good cavalry and monsters that can pretty much do everything a chariot will do anyway.

madmac posted:

Pistoliers, Outriders, Grenade Outriders

These are light ranged cav units. You can set them to skirmish mode and they'll easily outrun most melee attackers while kiting them to death. These are a fairly niche/skill unit, they can be effective as highly mobile flankers but you can also totally ignore them and be fine. Enemy ranged infantry will rip them to shreds in seconds, so beware.

A point on these - pistoliers can shoot in any direction, outriders can only fire forward. So pistoliers are going to be much more effective at kiting on skirmish mode since they can shoot while running away. Outriders are basically mounted handgunners - same damage, same range, but more mobility.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 2, 2016

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Thanks to Captain Beans and madmac, that info will really help!

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
I had a feeling this would be broken and fought someone filthy enough to do it:

I tried to go for a well rounded army because people usually switch up their picks at the last second. I like how the only anti-large infantry the VC have killed a grand total of 3 of them. It was the longest fight I've had in this game yet, around 12 minutes. I killed his Mannfred around 3 minutes in but the crypt horrors didn't seem to notice. It came down to my Mannfred and the black coach versus three groups of crypt horrors. I ran everything I had left into the woods because monstrous units do worse there. If I had just moved my whole army into the woods at the start I probably would have won so do that if you come up against an army like this. I haven't played enough yet to know if it's a popular gimmick.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hellblasters are basically a more powerful, slower handgunner unit. Used in checkerboard formation they are great. Otherwise you are basically reliant on good terrain.

Lumiarch of Hyrsh conveys an aura around it that gives units physical resistance. That might be worthwhile.

Edit: I managed to pick up the black coach off of a raise dead, and that way it's probably worth it? It's basic schtick is that it has three cool down abilities you can trigger one at a time - one that boosts its speed a lot, one that improves combat abilities, and one that heals I think. It's also a small and fast unit for one with such power so it's pretty good at sneaking through lines and chopping up the back of their units.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 2, 2016

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

The Cheshire Cat posted:

I feel like the problem with the Black Coach is that it's SO high up in the building tiers that it's probably going to be the very last thing a VC player unlocks, by which point they will have been doing absolutely fine without it and it's not enough of a game changer to really bother with by that point since you've already got good cavalry and monsters that can pretty much do everything a chariot will do anyway.

Yeah, it's got a real role redundancy problem. The VC army is absolutely lousy with high quality line-breaking shock units; Varghulfs, Crypt Horrors, and Black Knight Lancers all do the job exceedingly well and much earlier in the tech tree.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

As evidence of one of the most annoying problems the game has:

I was finishing up my Chaos campaign. I've got Kholek and Sigvald chasing down Karl Franz, because his army is the last vestige of the Empire and thus the last thing I need to murder the gently caress out of to win the game. Karl proceeds to kite both of my armies across the loving continent. I defeated him (and Gelt) in Bretonnia. Karl managed to slip away... and just kept running JUST OUT OF loving RANGE of either of my armies for a good dozen or so turns. I swear to gently caress, EVERY SINGLE TURN he was JUST TWO loving PIXELS away from my army. EVERY. TIME. The AI's love of that poo poo, combined with my agents' love of spectacularly failing time and time again no matter what meant that when, FINALLY, by the blessing of Grampa Nurgle, I got my Chaos Sorcerer to finally loving not gently caress up and thus successfully block Karl's army (thereby giving me a fleeting moment of hope that I might actually catch him for once) meant that watching Kholek smash him into a billion loving pieces and then piss on his corpse was the greatest thing ever. Did I mention I caught him OUTSIDE OF CASTLE DRAKENHOF? Yeah. I caught him outside of Drakenhof, when the chase started in Bretonnia somewhere. I CHASED HIS rear end ACROSS THE MAP and only caught him due to loving RNG luck.

But honestly, gently caress chasing down AI armies. You will never catch them until your agents finally decide to be competent, and that's pure loving RNG (which is also completely stacked against you). gently caress the AI getting SLIIIIGHTLY more movement range than you, gently caress their agents being 100% super ninja jesus murderers while your are ALWAYS utter poo poo, and gently caress you Karl Franz just take your death like a loving man you worthless poo poo. Jesus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
You probably want the no enemy agent action mod and the 10% movement speed to everyone in their own territory mod if it's frustrating you on those fronts.

• Locked thread