Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

McFrugal posted:

I think the reasoning behind that is to gate golem automation behind killing the wither. It does sound expensive but you can actually dupe nether stars, so once you've gotten your first one it's not so bad. It's just 12 salis per nether star, unless they changed the recipe already.

I think it might be cheaper and faster to run a long chain of buffers. That and I don't know if the mobs on that map target neutrals like golems and farm animals, so if a supercharged creeper spawns in your thaumcraft area you aren't left with a smoking crater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mensrea
Mar 17, 2016

The servitor is menacing poor Dogmeat with a rolled up book.

Dogmeat is useless vs. the troopers because I forgot to set the companions to be hostile with the Daemon faction. It's an easy fix but I can't help people who already started a game. I can describe how to do it, if you're interested.

There's still so much I have to do, and some of the biggest plans are for act 3. Have you seen any of the biomes or found any settlers?

Try talking to Rez. Endel tells you to pick up the data crystal that starts Ab Initio from him and it's easy to miss it. Ab Initio is just about building stuff really, but the rewards are good and you get some rare stuff you couldn't get anywhere else. It's also the story for the Ad-mech faction, and I enjoyed writing the ending.

E: The problem is that Crash is set to attack neutral people. Neutral and lost & damned are right next to each other and the UI is kind of clunky.

mensrea fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 2, 2016

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

SugarAddict posted:

I think it might be cheaper and faster to run a long chain of buffers. That and I don't know if the mobs on that map target neutrals like golems and farm animals, so if a supercharged creeper spawns in your thaumcraft area you aren't left with a smoking crater.

Supercharged creepers spawning? You know supercharged creepers happen when struck by lightning, right? They don't spawn on their own and certainly not in a lit area. ...oh, blood moons are a problem. I'm not actually sure if mobs attack golems. Guard golems will attack (and thus aggro) mobs though.

As for the buffers thing... no. The recipe for a buffer has been changed.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Jun 2, 2016

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

bbcisdabomb posted:

Ferret Business is starting to annoy me with its ore spawns. I've gone though two chunks at y=10 and haven't seen a single diamond, and only four ferrous ore. I've got plenty of redstone though!

And I just found a 18-diamond cluster literally one block diagonally from where I was mining. Of course it would be right after I went whining on the internet about it. :suicide:

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ok. im playing ferret business (Fb from now on) and i pumped a tank of molten electric steel froma dimension, made a huge loving smelter and dropped it in. AND there is no rec for it to be turned into blocks or even ingots...

what do i need to go into to change that?

Also, how do i keep multiple dimensions alive? do i need a builder for every dimension?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
I set my hunger history in Blightfall to 100 or 200 as was suggested much earlier in the thread and that made me need to diversify my foods but also to only really care about doing so before setting out on an expedition or if I'd been impatient and running around my base.

90% of my nutrition still came from Fish and Chips.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Same irl

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

I have been living the last week on Scampi every day - No chips(Fries for the American amongst you ) just scampi.

a bag of scampi a day, Loverly and filling,

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

no wonder the reactor is sucking.

BIG REACTORS
CONFIG CHANGES
Fuel Consumption has been increased from 1.0 to 8.0
Power Production Multiplier decreased from 1.0 to 0.5
Max Yellorite Clusters Per Chunk decreased from 5 to 3
Max Yellorite Ore Per Cluster decreased from 10 to 5

So 8 times more fuel required, It puts out half the rf and a lot less yellorite in general.

I guess there is a way i can change these back. (I was wondering why my 11x11x3 reactor was only slightly better than the 11x11x1 i made last time.)

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

no wonder the reactor is sucking.

BIG REACTORS
CONFIG CHANGES
Fuel Consumption has been increased from 1.0 to 8.0
Power Production Multiplier decreased from 1.0 to 0.5
Max Yellorite Clusters Per Chunk decreased from 5 to 3
Max Yellorite Ore Per Cluster decreased from 10 to 5

So 8 times more fuel required, It puts out half the rf and a lot less yellorite in general.

I guess there is a way i can change these back. (I was wondering why my 11x11x3 reactor was only slightly better than the 11x11x1 i made last time.)

What pack is this on?

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

TheresaJayne posted:

What pack is this on?

ferret business. I just changed it all back t0 1.0 :p

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Meskhenet posted:

Ok. im playing ferret business (Fb from now on) and i pumped a tank of molten electric steel froma dimension, made a huge loving smelter and dropped it in. AND there is no rec for it to be turned into blocks or even ingots...

what do i need to go into to change that?

Also, how do i keep multiple dimensions alive? do i need a builder for every dimension?

You could just cheat yourself a stack of electrical steel blocks and delete all the molten stuff. You've earned it.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Devor posted:

You could just cheat yourself a stack of electrical steel blocks and delete all the molten stuff. You've earned it.

That's probably what i will end up doing.

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Sorry, my brain doesn't work so good...
Yeah those BR values were what I Was talking about a few pages ago. I haven't gone back to BR since I discovered how much power I can get out of Endergenic GEnerator setups (but seriously I'm still missing a mechanic or something when I try to make my own design, I'm still loving something up royally)

Regarding certain things not combining in the smelter, etc. I don't know where one fixes that, but I noticed when looking at the dimlets that there are a few fluids/dimlets enabled that I don't think have much use in this pack and I suspect can't be smelted.

Also for whatever reason/cause, Tritanium also can't be poured into casts, nor can molten unstable ingots(!) - but those are also not set up to be usable directly in the part builder either. (LIke, say, manasteel is). A lot of materials seem to fall into this category.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Fayk posted:

Yeah those BR values were what I Was talking about a few pages ago. I haven't gone back to BR since I discovered how much power I can get out of Endergenic GEnerator setups (but seriously I'm still missing a mechanic or something when I try to make my own design, I'm still loving something up royally)

What are you using for getting ender pearls? I've got five ender lilies so far but they don't produce anywhere near fast enough, even planted on end stone.

Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog

Dalaram posted:

Having definitely starved to death in blight fall surrounded by food, I think there's a reasonable compromise between fun and reasonableness.

Food ought to consistently restore the same amount of hearts, but have a diminishing returns on saturation. Saturation should decrease at a constant rate, unaffected by activity.

When saturation = 0, hunger decreases at a fixed rate, amplified by activity. If you want to keep chomping apples, cool, you won't starve to death, but you won't get much hard labor done. While you have food diversity, you can merrily mine or run away.

There is a way to configure Spice of Life so that it's diminishing returns only affects Saturation, I'm wondering if that would be a neat way to go with handling food mechanics in an exploration based modpack? The player wouldn't starve surrounded by bread...But at the same time he's not gonna get anything done without stuffing his face full of bread due to not having any saturation so the Player is encouraged to go out and try to find more sources of different food.

Krakatoah fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 2, 2016

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

bbcisdabomb posted:

What are you using for getting ender pearls? I've got five ender lilies so far but they don't produce anywhere near fast enough, even planted on end stone.

So I started trying to do that same, thing, then started using The Ender (sword from EnderIO) enchanted w/ Looting on Endermen. (You can get like 3-4 from a single enderman). Also, I bothered ot make an Ender Core block but man, it seemed to grow *slower* than end stone, so no idea wtf is up with that.

Ender lilies also have a (tiny) chance to drop 2 seeds when you harvest a mature one. Also if you do reach The End and don't wanna do the stuff I mention below, you can get a LOT of ender lilies there.

Matter Overdrive is another option for you - ender pearls in that are 8km of matter (not 8K kM), so as long as that doesn't amount to too much RF, that's another reproducible source of RF, but then you have to figure out MO. (I kinda like it, but I use it for other things)

But the real thing was getting to The End. Which I realize you can't do right away (man, it was so much easier to get there in Regrowth!).

In the End, I could get a stupid number, but after taking out the dragon, I basically flew a few chunks out in space, then built a platform and a smelter w/ some cursed earth above it. Chunkloaded that and I get a stupid amount of Resonant Ender from endermen dying in that, and have that all poured into pearls and sent to an ender chest.

Due to the stupid GoG creatures, Endermen aren't the only creep there, so I have to also have filters on the faucets and just pour out/void the blood as needed. It basically is unmonitored/etc

EDIT: Also if you have stupid amounts of steel laying around, powering your base via lightning (Esp. because once you get access to the Draconic stuff in FB, you can cause a lightning storm 10 times for the cost of one emerald, it seems - or an RFTools heavy storm world or something) actually seems a little viable. It's 16M RF/strike, and when you get a huge fence-net at the top, those - while inconsistent - can sometimes happen more often than the power can be practically drained. All depending how heavy your actual power needs *really* are.

Fayk fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 2, 2016

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Yikes. I'm patting myself on the back for settling on top of a Roguelike Dungeon. Time to de-torch my enderman spawner and get to work! :unsmigghh:

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

bbcisdabomb posted:

I just set up a powered ender io spawner with an enderman soul vial. It seems to use a fair amount of power but the pearls are flowing in. I might look at an rttool ender pearl generator tutorial and see how that goes.

But since i changed the values for BR back i am not hurting for power and frantically trying to get more yellorite every 20 minutes.

I just set up my autocrafting AE2 last night. Sort of not sure what to do in the pack now. Though i havent touched any of the draconic stuff.

(I loaded up regrowth as i still havent done the ritual to change a biome. I still have no idea what to do >< maybe a witchery tutorial mod pack is out there?)

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Meskhenet posted:

I just set up a powered ender io spawner with an enderman soul vial. It seems to use a fair amount of power but the pearls are flowing in. I might look at an rttool ender pearl generator tutorial and see how that goes.

But since i changed the values for BR back i am not hurting for power and frantically trying to get more yellorite every 20 minutes.

I just set up my autocrafting AE2 last night. Sort of not sure what to do in the pack now. Though i havent touched any of the draconic stuff.

(I loaded up regrowth as i still havent done the ritual to change a biome. I still have no idea what to do >< maybe a witchery tutorial mod pack is out there?)

This is the Endergenic design I used: http://forum.craftersland.net/topic/10815-rftools-endergenic-generator-designed-by-me/

It works decently and is easy to follow (and frankly, I find tutorials like that faster/clearer than most youtube videos)

Your other biome change options are uh, Blood MAgic iirc, and Thaumcraft (Silverwood is the easiest)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Fayk posted:

This is the Endergenic design I used: http://forum.craftersland.net/topic/10815-rftools-endergenic-generator-designed-by-me/

It works decently and is easy to follow (and frankly, I find tutorials like that faster/clearer than most youtube videos)

Your other biome change options are uh, Blood MAgic iirc, and Thaumcraft (Silverwood is the easiest)

uugg. none of those options is any good. Silverwood only changes if you get a node in the tree and in my seed im at about 1/5 for nodes and only getting 1/3 sapplings. making more silverwoods via infusion is a pain too.

:/

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

And a second post.

Im trying to harvest potatoes using a drum of the wild, but it seems the drum doesnt effect crops growing in crop sticks. Is there a way to change this?
(Failing that i guess i might cheat in the completed thaum book and use golems.)

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Meskhenet posted:

And a second post.

Im trying to harvest potatoes using a drum of the wild, but it seems the drum doesnt effect crops growing in crop sticks. Is there a way to change this?
(Failing that i guess i might cheat in the completed thaum book and use golems.)

I had a similar issue using agricraft in regrowth - updating agricraft fixed it.

If you are using crop sticks via IC, :shrug:

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

ok ill try update agricraft

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Meskhenet posted:

uugg. none of those options is any good. Silverwood only changes if you get a node in the tree and in my seed im at about 1/5 for nodes and only getting 1/3 sapplings. making more silverwoods via infusion is a pain too.

:/

I'd never make a second silverwood seed via infusion tbh. I agree it's annoying as hell. I can't prove it but I swear that even though it isn't the 0/100% chance of forestry, that using a manasteel grafter seemed to help get slightly more saplings.

The real trick you could use though... is moving the pure node block of wood in the silverwood with a cardboard box to spread around the magical forest biome.

RE: Regrowth/Agricraft -

A drum DEFINITELY works on crop sticks crops, except if you have a ton in range, there's a bug in the version. Since it picks a subset of them, but they never 'pop' it picks the same subset every time. If I recall. So you can update it to a newer version.

Also golems, also buildcraft robots (Actually the first crop automation I had when I played regrowth).

Fayk fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 3, 2016

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Fayk posted:

I'd never make a second silverwood seed via infusion tbh. I agree it's annoying as hell. I can't prove it but I swear that even though it isn't the 0/100% chance of forestry, that using a manasteel grafter seemed to help get slightly more saplings.

The real trick you could use though... is moving the pure node block of wood in the silverwood with a cardboard box to spread around the magical forest biome.

RE: Regrowth/Agricraft -

A drum DEFINITELY works on crop sticks crops, except if you have a ton in range, there's a bug in the version. Since it picks a subset of them, but they never 'pop' it picks the same subset every time. If I recall. So you can update it to a newer version.

Also golems, also buildcraft robots (Actually the first crop automation I had when I played regrowth).

Wait, so i can move the pure node in the log it sits in, around the place changing the biome to magical forest?

And i find that regrowth is super laggy for some reason. My son loaded up a new creative game this morning and within minutes it was as slow as my normal game gets. Is there something i can do to change it? Its not unplayable, but it is annoying

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

Wait, so i can move the pure node in the log it sits in, around the place changing the biome to magical forest?

Yeah you just need a cardboard box (from what I hear) or a Blood Magic Teleposer (which is what I've used and can say from personal experience that it works)

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
The cardboard box is a potent tool, indeed. Picking up spawners and chests is nice, but you can also pick up nodes (at least you could last time I bothered with Thaumcraft) and place them elsewhere -- though whenever you place it, it'll roll the dice on another node type. So you can reroll nodes by boxing and unboxing over and over. Didn't end up doing it too much since I was terrified I'd end up with a hungry node.

This also works with Chromaticraft's tower turret things. Best way of getting rid of them, in my opinion.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Kraven Moorhed posted:

The cardboard box is a potent tool, indeed. Picking up spawners and chests is nice, but you can also pick up nodes (at least you could last time I bothered with Thaumcraft) and place them elsewhere -- though whenever you place it, it'll roll the dice on another node type. So you can reroll nodes by boxing and unboxing over and over. Didn't end up doing it too much since I was terrified I'd end up with a hungry node.

This also works with Chromaticraft's tower turret things. Best way of getting rid of them, in my opinion.

That's why I built a hungry node resistant machine to reroll them! I think it was an autonomous activator surrounded by obsidian? I could just reroll a hungry node before it sucked anything up.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Magres posted:

Yeah you just need a cardboard box (from what I hear) or a Blood Magic Teleposer (which is what I've used and can say from personal experience that it works)

From what I know, Azanor "fixed" nodes being able to be picked up by cardboard boxes and magic ring (forget the name of the mod "jewlerycraft" or something I forget, but it adds a bunch of rings and amulets you can craft for various magic effects).

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

SugarAddict posted:

From what I know, Azanor "fixed" nodes being able to be picked up by cardboard boxes and magic ring (forget the name of the mod "jewlerycraft" or something I forget, but it adds a bunch of rings and amulets you can craft for various magic effects).

I reloaded my game and moved the node. It doesnt change the cracked sand, only if you have dirt put down already?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Meskhenet posted:

I reloaded my game and moved the node. It doesnt change the cracked sand, only if you have dirt put down already?

It's a biome change, not a block change.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh hey you've beeN mining, leT's discusS thE WAys to prOCesS ALL YOUR ORES

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Meskhenet posted:

If you want a "proper" biome change that generates grass, plants, etc. then there are witchery rituals which will do the job. Check out the witchery books, there are about 7 of them and they cover pretty much all the things you can do with the mod.

If you just want dirt everywhere there's an item from botania which will level the land around you by adding dirt, it's pretty easy to cover a huge area. Just don't use it above your underground base.

(this is all from when I played several versions ago, poo poo may have moved on).

Fayk
Aug 2, 2006

Meskhenet posted:

Yes.

Re: above discussion, I think nodes are blacklisted for cardboard box usage in Regrowth, but it works on the pure node wood blocks still. You can use blood magiuc teleposers to move other nodes w/o jarring them (which can damage them)

But yeah, as sothers said it just changes the biome, sos when you put down dirt/grass, it won't be brown, and water will look blue.

If you wanna terraform large areas, you can use botania wands to do that too.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

oh hey you've beeN mining, leT's discusS thE WAys to prOCesS ALL YOUR ORES

I like this chart better:

It's even MORE complicated in InfiTech 2, which uses a more recent version of GT5U which adds a shitload of recipes to the Chemical Reactor. I'm not sure which ones are added by minetweaker but you can use ic2 resource crops and bee combs to further multiply crushed ore.

McFrugal fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Jun 5, 2016

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Quick Regrowth question: what the gently caress am I supposed to do with all this creosote oil?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Goon Danton posted:

Quick Regrowth question: what the gently caress am I supposed to do with all this creosote oil?

pump it into a railcraft liquid boiler

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Oh, well that's straightforward. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

10 coke ovens will generate enough creosote to power a 2x2x2 high pressure boiler indefinitely, and you can burn the coal coke byproduct to generate enough mana to dupe all the coal (with a duplication catalyst) and be mana-positive using a big rear end field of endoflames