Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
So thanks to the podcast I just learned Chvrches has a new single

that's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So thanks to the podcast I just learned Chvrches has a new single

that's cool

Was that song used in a trailer or something? Confused the heck out of me when it came on since I'm used to mashups and old video game music.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Pigbuster posted:

Was that song used in a trailer or something? Confused the heck out of me when it came on since I'm used to mashups and old video game music.

Its apparently the theme for Mirror's Edge Catalyst

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

CJacobs posted:

I am having a hard time coming up with a worse trash anime/anime game to spend your money on than idolmaster

edit:

Then again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYNiXVgbyQk

hello my name is cathy graham and i too love hamburger

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

CJacobs posted:

I am having a hard time coming up with a worse trash anime/anime game to spend your money on than idolmaster

edit:

Then again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYNiXVgbyQk

In the original and actually really good 360 release the costumes modified stats and had a purpose. Also, iM@S is a game series made into an anime, not the other way around.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Imas is a trash series but the recent rhythm mobage is actually very good

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Futaba Anzu posted:

Imas is a trash series but the recent rhythm mobage is actually very good

Are Mobage those trash-tier F2P gatchapon mechanic games that only idiots play

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
iM@S CG plays nothing like the real mainline games. They're known for their writing, mix of genres, and time management system, none of which the mobile games have.

if you want to talk about outright wasting money, there's tons of mobile gaming bullshit to easily waste money on. Spending money on gacha coins/tokens/gems or whatever gimmick for the CHANCE to win a possibly high level card/monster in Puzzles and Dragons/Lovelive School Idol Festival is far far far far far FAR worse for various reasons and quite often ends up in people literally wasting money and not getting what they wanted. Even if they do, these games ping servers with every action so once the servers are offline, the game becomes inaccessible, along with whatever you've wasted buying on it. It's getting so bad that some games ask for age verification and I think people are wanting it so underage iOS accounts are restricted from being able to purchase them. I think it was podcast 86 which covered this formula a bit.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
PAD isn't a half-bad little game, but yeah, it's very easy to hit a wall and go "weeeell i suppose i could pay for a couple more rolls..."

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Improbable Lobster posted:

Are Mobage those trash-tier F2P gatchapon mechanic games that only idiots play

Megalixir posted:

iM@S CG plays nothing like the real mainline games. They're known for their writing, mix of genres, and time management system, none of which the mobile games have

mobage is just sort of the catch all term for all mobile games in japan. it's just kind of confusing since there's also a company literally named Mobage that makes real bad mobages.

the CG mobage is utter trash, I'm talking about the Starlight Stage spinoff which is a genuinely solid rhythm game
Some videos of how it plays like, basically a derivative of IIDX with an additional slide mechanic. [link]

there's virtually no pay to win wall in SS. Until you get to the point where you want to go for top ranks in events (in which the prizes are ingame trophies that do nothing), literally the whole game is entirely skill walled.

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HGH posted:

Pat imitates his senpai right down to hating DS2 for dumb reasons.

As he should.

EDIT:
lol the latest ds3 ep

Pat: That's what my mum said about her pregnancy
Matt: "Throw it away"?

Erika fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 2, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I wonder if Pat has encountered the shenanigans in DS3 like this during PVP, seems like every area has a glitchable spot like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qif9Gkf8sBo&hd=1

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
What video of the new/old batman arkham thing was matt flipping out about in last week's friendcast?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

So what's with the bear guy and why do the Zaibatsu hate him?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Rhonne posted:

So what's with the bear guy and why do the Zaibatsu hate him?

at last years momo con he kept bombing onto the stage and then when liam hosed with him and picked him up and gave him a bear hug he was like ":qqsay: dont pick me up"

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

What video of the new/old batman arkham thing was matt flipping out about in last week's friendcast?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEXmZUtzacU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

zolthorg posted:

at last years momo con he kept bombing onto the stage and then when liam hosed with him and picked him up and gave him a bear hug he was like ":qqsay: dont pick me up"

Ahh, I figured it was something like that. Glad that had him removed then.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Cool, thanks! I knew I'd forget to look it up by the time I get home from work and I want to see what made matt go higher pitched than I think I've ever heard him go

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As someone who missed last week's podcast, was Matt flipping out because he thinks the new footage looks good or bad? I watched that video and woof a lot of the new stuff is kinda rough looking even compared to the original.

edit: Never mind, it's in the episode's liner notes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You should listen to that bit at least, it's in the latter part of the podcast, the way he turns on it is glorious. And yeah, he goes from "it doesn't look so bad" to "oh my god OH MY GOD THIS LOOKS TEERRRRRRIIBLE"

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus posted:

You should listen to that bit at least, it's in the latter part of the podcast, the way he turns on it is glorious. And yeah, he goes from "it doesn't look so bad" to "oh my god OH MY GOD THIS LOOKS TEERRRRRRIIBLE"

The way he says "Ohhhh wait that does look worse :(" makes me feel bad. I feel your pain Matt, I wanted it to be good too.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

What's the captain america thing the guys are talking about on the podcast. They get so riled up and never mention what actually happens in it and I have no loving clue.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Cap said Hail Hydra because he's a secret agent, but the plot is probably involving a time traveler that rewrites the past.

Pat got angry because he's Pat and it never was about that in the end.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The gist of it is that a few years ago Cyclops murdered Professor Xavier and after a whole event the clone of Red Skull stole Xavier's brain to become a super powerful psychic. A while after that Steve got his super soldier drugs sucked out of his body and became old, a year later Maria Hill somehow got a Cosmic Cube in the shape of a little girl who is sentient, so she made her use reality warping to change an entire town filled with supervillains into a peaceful place where everyone was nice, so she'd just throw villains there and make them believe they were nice simple people, then the Avengers (all five teams of them) were like "nahhh that's super hosed up" and punched everyone and the girl was like "yeah you're right, oh, hey, captain america is old, lets go over here so i can fix him" while Red Skull is standing in the background smiling. In the issue we get flashbacks to Steve's youth where everything is gray except for some red colors and suddenly it turns out that Steve's mom had a hydra friend he looked up to and it all ended with Steve going Hail Hydra as he seemingly killed some dude.

tl;dr mind control that'll get undone in six months.

Kinda follows suit with 2014's Superior Spider-man where Peter gets his body swapped with Doctor Octopus and 2015's Superior Iron Man where Tony becomes evil because DnD, some joe at marketing had the clarity of vision to not name the current Cap the Superior Captain America.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

What's the captain america thing the guys are talking about on the podcast. They get so riled up and never mention what actually happens in it and I have no loving clue.

Captain America was secretly a Hydra agent all along! Except, it was probably the Red Skull or someone who altered his past to make that happen and everything will probably be returned to normal by the end, making it even more dumb and pointless.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

tldr all of marvel and dc are trash and always will be
superman is a genre and the good superman books worth reading are called one punch man and watchmen

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

zolthorg posted:

tldr all of marvel and dc are trash and always will be
superman is a genre and the good superman books worth reading are called one punch man and watchmen

Ah, so you're saying DC Rebirth is worth reading.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

That's weird, but yeah Pat getting mad is kinda funny :v:

Comics will never stop being goofy.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rszPXD8PSdY

Wow, MGS3 bosses look really good in the FOX engine!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm listening to last week's cast where they talk about poo poo in the FGC and capcom's "draconian" rules and such. I wonder if they'll talk about what happened at Combo Breaker where noted human shitbag and assaulter of both other players and his girlfriend Noel Brown groped another player's girlfriend on camera and then made a loving gigantic facebook post(among others) about how he didn't do anything wrong when they banned his rear end for at least the next couple years

iPodschun posted:

Noel's FB posts:

Pictures he attached about Combo Breaker https://imgur.com/a/FyhkK
About CEO 2013 http://imgur.com/gallery/nNagr
A lot of other fighting game folks are being pretty dodgy about discussing it or naming Noel as the assaulter likely because he's best buds with Justin Wong, a big name in the FGC, and they don't want to burn bridges. It'd be interesting to hear their opinions on that given that Woolie at the very least seems to take part in some tournaments and stuff when he's able and is at least familiar with a fair amount of the bigger names in the community.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Boss holding the doovey crooket.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Pat is always right about comics and Woolie is always wrong

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
in a shocking twist they're both wrong and matt's right more often than either of them

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Woolie is probably not going to mention it and if he does he's going to be super wishy washy about it because he's familiar with the community and the other guys won't care that much.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

in a shocking twist they're both wrong and matt's right more often than either of them

The only true answer.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

All the noise about the Captain America comic made me go read it, and I'm not a comic reader, so that was a good hook. I'm mostly in agreement with Pat; I don't really trust comics to handle this is a way that doesn't feel super cheap. But who knows, maybe they will.

Also lol the dialogue in it is awful.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

No, Pat's still right, Matt just expresses Woolie's wrong point of a view in a more sane fashion than "superman is a genre." Cape comics would still be way better if instead of drifting from run to run writers just did their own series.

I mean obviously there's no fixing that like, 100 years into cape comics existence but that just means it'll be a problem forever

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Boss holding the doovey crooket.

Her signature weapon

YF-23 posted:

All the noise about the Captain America comic made me go read it, and I'm not a comic reader, so that was a good hook. I'm mostly in agreement with Pat; I don't really trust comics to handle this is a way that doesn't feel super cheap. But who knows, maybe they will.

Also lol the dialogue in it is awful.

Superhero comics are awful, read anything other than them

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This is like the most boring and circular conversation, please do not start it.