Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

He brought Watchmen into the main universe not Dark Knight Returns

Give him time.

I've been trolling some of my hardcore Alan Moore customers by telling them V from V for Vendetta is going to be on the Suicide Squad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Rhyno posted:

Give him time.

I've been trolling some of my hardcore Alan Moore customers by telling them V from V for Vendetta is going to be on the Suicide Squad.

First was Kingdom Come, now Watchmen, next Dark Knight

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Don't forget that Geoff Johns spent like a week with each creative team getting into the nitty gritty of the story and characters and coaching the writers on better storytelling. So that might have helped a lot too.

Did he have himself from 2001 coach them instead of himself from 2016 then?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I also told a huge Green Arrow fan than they made Felicity the new Black Canary in the comics and the look of horror on his face was loving priceless.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Heathen posted:

Do you also decide which TV shows to watch based on their ratings?
Not my point. I'm saying that if companies want to preach the success of digital sales on their books, then comixology should be willing to release those numbers and actually let people see the impact. Fact is the print market is very imbalanced right now, so actually seeing how healthy the digital market is would make people feel more assured that their favorite book won't get cancelled because it doesn't get heavy print orders. I'm not saying I disbelieve Marvel's claim that Ms Marvel sells a lot more digitally, but I can't see the harm in actually presenting the monthly numbers.

And while I don't decide TV shows I watch based on ratings, tv stations certainly decide which shows get cut based on those ratings. Comic publishers aren't any different.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Finally could sit down to read the Rebirth issues

Green Arrow: By far the best of the bunch. Strong characterizations, gorgeous art and a pretty engaging story. Hard to believe is the same writer that gave us that slog of the werewolf story.

Green Lanterns: Decent art but there was nothing to keep me engaged. I would've been all over a Baz book three years ago, now he has lost any momentum that his introduction had. Jessica is a boring character and the constant "why I'm a GL" while a nice nod, undermines the whole premise of the book. Making the RL villians again not only is retreading the same plot beats that Johns used back then but it also ignores all the development the Reds had since then.

Superman: A nice story that gets tainted by the lovely way they dealt with N52 Superman. If they would've bothered to have an issue of the two Supermen bonding it would've been a lot better. Killer art from Manhke though.

Batman: The worst of the bunch. The Calendar man twist is idiotic. Duke is being mishandled in the same way that Harper did (his costume is also stupid looking), it ignores all the work that Bermejo did with him on We Are Robin and overall the whole thing was just a drag to read.

Overall, a meh debut for me.

The final preview for Red Hood/Arsenal has gone live and welp

:ohdear:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ahahaha are you loving serious.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Yes the lovely way if having him go out like a hero and not just having his entire history dropped and ignored for 5 years.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bruce would be proud I'm sure.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"Those arrows were created to put out nuclear energy" is dumb even by comic book standards. What exactly would he do? Would he shoot the power plant or something?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was super high on Rebirth until I read those pages and now I really want DC to crash and burn and go out of business.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

X-O posted:

Also Bruce said it completely offhand like he'd known about it for years and that this was a known aspect of the character. Which is part of the reason it came off so flat for me when I think it was supposed to be some kind of reveal.

Yeah, even the comic treated it like the least important thing ever. Batman took literally a couple minutes to stop him and didn't need his new Yellow Bat partner for any part of it.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

"Those arrows were created to put out nuclear energy" is dumb even by comic book standards. What exactly would he do? Would he shoot the power plant or something?

I guess? Those are prototypes that Jason took from Roy's workshop :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SonicRulez posted:

Yeah, even the comic treated it like the least important thing ever. Batman took literally a couple minutes to stop him and didn't need his new Yellow Bat partner for any part of it.

So wait, Batman's new partner is wearing a yellow costume with a Bat symbol on it right?

His codename is going to be Wiffle, calling it now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

So wait, Batman's new partner is wearing a yellow costume with a Bat symbol on it right?

His codename is going to be Wiffle, calling it now.

Supposedly it's Lark.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

ImpAtom posted:

Supposedly it's Lark.

That's stupid enough to probably be true.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mine is definitely better.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ImpAtom posted:

And yet it isn't the dumbest thing in that preview.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Like I said in another thread, Lark is fine. Just be happy it's not Blackbird.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I don't want to be a robin. I'm fine with being called a diminutive bird name, and being dressed up in a primary-colored outfit, and I'm fine just standing around doing nothing as batman does batman stuff and I "help" under the most penny-ante of circumstances, but being a Robin is where I draw the loving line. I'm nobody's side-oh, be right there Mister Wayne.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lark is a really poo poo name.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is there a Shrike? Shrike is a cool bird name.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Raptor is good and he could still use the R.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I've been legitimately astonished that no one has trademarked the name "Nightingale" for a superhero yet. Too feminine? Too aristocratic?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I've been legitimately astonished that no one has trademarked the name "Nightingale" for a superhero yet. Too feminine? Too aristocratic?

There are several characters called Nightingale across companies, according to the Google search I just did.
It reminded me to read Knight and Squire.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I'm excited to have a Green Arrow with a beard again. Best thing to come out of rebirth so far imo

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Lark is a good name.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Finally could sit down to read the Rebirth issues

Green Arrow: By far the best of the bunch. Strong characterizations, gorgeous art and a pretty engaging story. Hard to believe is the same writer that gave us that slog of the werewolf story.

Green Lanterns: Decent art but there was nothing to keep me engaged. I would've been all over a Baz book three years ago, now he has lost any momentum that his introduction had. Jessica is a boring character and the constant "why I'm a GL" while a nice nod, undermines the whole premise of the book. Making the RL villians again not only is retreading the same plot beats that Johns used back then but it also ignores all the development the Reds had since then.

Superman: A nice story that gets tainted by the lovely way they dealt with N52 Superman. If they would've bothered to have an issue of the two Supermen bonding it would've been a lot better. Killer art from Manhke though.

Batman: The worst of the bunch. The Calendar man twist is idiotic. Duke is being mishandled in the same way that Harper did (his costume is also stupid looking), it ignores all the work that Bermejo did with him on We Are Robin and overall the whole thing was just a drag to read.

Overall, a meh debut for me.

The final preview for Red Hood/Arsenal has gone live and welp

:ohdear:

The 90s have finally been toped!!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

BrianWilly posted:

Astro City.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I haven't read any of those speech bubbles but I'm a big fan of melting guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC1Gfyp8C6I

e: Crosspostin' from the Batman thread, a bunch of bits of Batman #1 art were included in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_irwmzg31w
I'm in love with the new Batmobile.

Capullo just introduced a new one in his last issue, but forget that.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jun 2, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Better than the Capullo one, but goddamn Bats, install some hydraulics or something, your loving Bat-low-rider is generating sparks from just moving because it's so close to the ground.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

TwoPair posted:

Better than the Capullo one, but goddamn Bats, install some hydraulics or something, your loving Bat-low-rider is generating sparks from just moving because it's so close to the ground.

This is a guy who repeatedly designs cars that shoot fire out of the exhaust, I'm 100% sure he's making it throw sparks on purpose to look cool. He might even have a button in the cockpit that just makes sparks shoot out.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Flash Rebirth preview
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/exclusive-preview-the-flash-rebirth-1/1100-155573/
Pretty clunky.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Teenage Fansub posted:

I haven't read any of those speech bubbles but I'm a big fan of melting guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC1Gfyp8C6I

e: Crosspostin' from the Batman thread, a bunch of bits of Batman #1 art were included in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_irwmzg31w
I'm in love with the new Batmobile.

Capullo just introduced a new one in his last issue, but forget that.

Has the classic batface frontplate of the 30's Batmobile and the long body of TAS. Pretty much perfect.

I didn't hate the Batman issue like others but it did feel like more of an introductory issue for new readers than anything else. Didn't really set anything up and felt more like a one and done.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Lark is an awful name. He might as well just be Robin. gently caress, I would've taken another Blackbat. Batboy? Kid Bat? Whatever.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lark is fine. You can't be serious about Blackbat...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Norns posted:

Batboy is worse dude.

Lark is still a bad name.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Yellow Canary
Cockatiel
Goldfinch
Eastern Yellow Wagtail
Nashville Warbler

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Superstring posted:

Yellow Canary
Cockatiel
Goldfinch
Eastern Yellow Wagtail
Nashville Warbler

Wiffle Bat is still winning here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I think Green Arrow shooting a rampaging atomic kaiju with a No Nuke arrow is the climax of the first JLU episode. In a world where Good At Archery can get you an all-access pass to the Justice League space fort, a nukestopper arrow is :krad: and sensible.

What's dumb is firing a bunch of arrows at The Green Creepsters from Bloom Effect Island while a pile of exposition tells us why it's cool and fine to meltmurder these people with cartoon arrows stolen from someone's Sci-Fi Closet. It's just a Punisher-style execution with a bunch of Lobdellian rambletext pooped all over to say that it's AOK.

Norns posted:

Rhyno posted:

Batboy is worse dude.

Lark is still a bad name.

Combine them! He could be Batbat. Or do it the other way, and call him Bla—*RECORD_SCRATCH.AIFF*