Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Anime_Otaku posted:

Busty EV body replacer (shut up, also I might disable this as some NPCs look weird now, also shut up :P)

why would you admit this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

FlyinPingu posted:

why would you admit this

Everyone has different tastes, it's no big deal. Unless the guy is downloading realistic horse vagina mods I wouldn't worry.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Did someone earlier post an 'auto save on transition' mod for survival? I can't find it.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance

Rasmussen posted:

Did someone earlier post an 'auto save on transition' mod for survival? I can't find it.

There's Rulebreaker and No Sleep Til Bedtime that both can do that.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

I can't get enough old timey music to listen to while I fight deathclaws, so I'm digging some of the new radio stations. Just installed WRVR Radio tonight and it's a great fit with excellent voice acting. Atomic Radio is fun too, although it's the same songs as Diamond City Radio.

Anime_Otaku posted:

What good QoL and cosmetic mods (didn't actually finish the vanilla game so don't want to make it easier, even if I am playing on easy) are there on Xbox One? I've already gotten a few things though I'm tempted to grab some weapon add ons like Laser Sabres and the Walther P99.

Get the one that makes laser weapons go pew.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

boneration posted:

There's Rulebreaker and No Sleep Til Bedtime that both can do that.

Thanks!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Rasmussen posted:

Everyone has different tastes, it's no big deal. Unless the guy is downloading realistic horse vagina mods I wouldn't worry.

Is this the new line in the sand for nexus now?

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I found a mod at Bethesda.net that removed encumbrance damage in Survival. For the life of me I cannot seem to find it on Nexus. I just simply do not want to hear my legs/back crunching while having a conversation or walking to a workshop. :) Trying to see if my random crashes can be avoided if I use Nexus only content and NMM. I was having a bit of difficulty with Bethesda.net and NMM stuff.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

Ballz posted:

I can't get enough old timey music to listen to while I fight deathclaws, so I'm digging some of the new radio stations. Just installed WRVR Radio tonight and it's a great fit with excellent voice acting. Atomic Radio is fun too, although it's the same songs as Diamond City Radio.

For some reason I thought Atomic Radio used FO3 music, might be cool if someone could pull the adverts from it and have them added to the other radio stations that play music.
Speaking of guns going 'pew', despite not wanting the game to be easier I was tempted to get a mod that made silencers actually silent as far as game mechanics are concerned.
I got the "Commonwealth In Springtime" mod but wasn't that keen, it was a bit too pretty and lush looking, is there any other good game world mods that make the world prettier but keep the same kind of dead looking aesthetic as the vanilla game?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Babe Magnet posted:

Getting this mesh in-game is loving killing me. I don't suppose anyone here has any experience getting custom armor meshes in, do they? Specifically helmets.

for what its worth, you might try bodyslide, it seems happy to take most niff files and save them as f4 compatible niffs,
after that just find a helmet with similar properties then edit it in the cs, and point to your MLP bizarro mod niff instead of its usual one, also, use nifscope to set textures, and so on.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Babe Magnet posted:

This dude is working on a fuckin' rad power armor set.

This is fantastic.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Rasmussen posted:

Here's the one I use

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12580/

Ballz posted:

Here's the one I made
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11087/

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

I think I'll try this out when I get home from work tonight, looks cool.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

staberind posted:

for what its worth, you might try bodyslide, it seems happy to take most niff files and save them as f4 compatible niffs,
after that just find a helmet with similar properties then edit it in the cs, and point to your MLP bizarro mod niff instead of its usual one, also, use nifscope to set textures, and so on.

Yeah I was looking into that, but every tutorial I've found on it is just How To Convert This Armor To Use The Big Titty Bod Mod. I'll gently caress around with it and see what's up. I got nifskope down, even all the new variables, and I know how to work the creation kit, I just think there's a problem with niftools right now. It's giving all my custom meshes rotations for some reason on export. Like, I'll bring in a fresh, clean, no-history mesh, skin it to the bones the game points to, assign all the data it needs in regards to gibbing and blowing up, and move it over to nifskope and it's fine, bu when I load it up in-game the preview model is at like a 90 degree angle and off to the side and the equip model is nowhere to be found.

Bethesda put a ton of work into getting mods to work on consoles and getting the creation kit up to speed but they really need to release some loving first-party model importing software. We've had to deal with this nif poo poo for way too long.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Decided I don't really like the micromanaging you have to do with settlements but I like the idea of keeping them in the game for... some purpose.

I want to mod them into something different, use your imaginations and give me ideas; what would be an interesting game mechanic to do to settlements so that they have a purpose but you don't really have to deal with them... if that even makes sense.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Mr. Crow posted:

Decided I don't really like the micromanaging you have to do with settlements but I like the idea of keeping them in the game for... some purpose.

I want to mod them into something different, use your imaginations and give me ideas; what would be an interesting game mechanic to do to settlements so that they have a purpose but you don't really have to deal with them... if that even makes sense.

Make them into crafting material farms, but with a catch: supplies come in shipments, and you must fend off a raid to get the shipment. Your choice when to do it, just show up and say "I'd like to put together a shipment," maybe with a short 1 day cool down to prevent spamming (or just let people spam it). That way you've connected active and passive game mechanics together.

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

Mr. Crow posted:

Sperg answer:

Give the Settlers some goddamn initiative. :mad: Short on beds? Build one. Short on water? Put up some pumps. Short on food? Plant some plants. Need a jerb? Build a crafting station/guard post/whatever.

I could, maybe, see having one or two settlements where you personally manage every single molecule of existence - but building a settlement network single-handedly while everyone is never happy in those settlements because of hidden quirks/bugs/whatever makes a player insane and not care about it at all. I'm theoretically your General, not the day planner to your life as a slave.

If I could just care about building the rocket turrets and huge buildings to hold all the junk I steal borrow, I'd die a happy man.

Alternatively, to make the game more plausible, put all settlers in chains that tremble and bow before you when you pass by their meager enslaved existences. :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Arsten posted:

Alternatively, to make the game more plausible, put all settlers in chains that tremble and bow before you when you pass by their meager enslaved existences. :v:

Well, there is a slavery mod.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pound_Coin posted:

Hey it turns out I'm :downs:, and after fiddling with everything; F4edit, manual installs, etc I got things working because I forgot the most basic .ini change.

Go to: C:\Users\<Username>\Documents\my games\Fallout4

Open Fallout4custom.ini and add the lines:

[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

I also figured that out a few days back.

I just sort of assumed that seeing as they've got mods in now that mods would work out of the box!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Mr. Crow posted:

enemy NPC spawners set to like one spawn a week that creates hostile settlers so you can build a big raider base and then come back later and wipe it out

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Babe Magnet posted:

enemy NPC spawners set to like one spawn a week that creates hostile settlers so you can build a big raider base and then come back later and wipe it out

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12511/

Just build a new settlement on top of a spawnpoint!

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Has the gently caress dropped yet?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Not officially but it's in open beta and you can download it right now

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
They just don't give you FUCKs?

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

Arsten posted:

Sperg answer:

Give the Settlers some goddamn initiative. :mad: Short on beds? Build one. Short on water? Put up some pumps. Short on food? Plant some plants. Need a jerb? Build a crafting station/guard post/whatever.

I could, maybe, see having one or two settlements where you personally manage every single molecule of existence - but building a settlement network single-handedly while everyone is never happy in those settlements because of hidden quirks/bugs/whatever makes a player insane and not care about it at all. I'm theoretically your General, not the day planner to your life as a slave.

If I could just care about building the rocket turrets and huge buildings to hold all the junk I steal borrow, I'd die a happy man.

This would probably be my preferred answer but would be a lot of work, and pretty static (from game to game).

I'd have to basically create the settlements (and all the upgrades) in advance in the CK and gate them being activated with a ton of triggers.

Might be interesting though to tie settlers coming in and giving themselves jobs (and activating the pieces of the town) with things like setting up new trade routes, successfully fending off am attack, length of time the settlement has been around etc. This way you could see settlements expand and get the benefit even if you're playing as say the BOS, the settlements would grow even if you're not 'allied '.

Might run with that, we will see.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Honestly I haven't bothered much with the radio in 4, Inon Zur's soundtrack is loving awesome.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Bob NewSCART posted:

Has the gently caress dropped yet?

What is this? Googling "Fallout 4 gently caress mod" gives some... distressing results.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.

Ballz posted:

What is this? Googling "Fallout 4 gently caress mod" gives some... distressing results.

Fallout Un-Capped Kombat

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Mr. Crow posted:

This would probably be my preferred answer but would be a lot of work, and pretty static (from game to game).

I'd have to basically create the settlements (and all the upgrades) in advance in the CK and gate them being activated with a ton of triggers.

Might be interesting though to tie settlers coming in and giving themselves jobs (and activating the pieces of the town) with things like setting up new trade routes, successfully fending off am attack, length of time the settlement has been around etc. This way you could see settlements expand and get the benefit even if you're playing as say the BOS, the settlements would grow even if you're not 'allied '.

Might run with that, we will see.

You don't get an awful lot from settlements unless you go there anyway, so why not make each one an already established place already to give the player a reason to visit, without feeling obligated to improve it.

You could even, for want of a better word, gate stuff behind each one. I know most things are readily available elsewhere, but if say, tenpines is set to grow lots of tatos, overland razorgrain, the Boathouse water, it takes it out of the players mind that they have to think about hoarding some of that stuff away just in case.

Plus the player gets to look at cool Mad Max shantytowns without all the grinding, all they have to do is gain the settlements allegiance and maybe think about linking them?

Hmm, I wonder if it's possible to tie provisioner assignment to some sort of quest to eliminate the need for the perk...

Edit: This is to say, much like you're talking about but without incremental prescripts upgrades for ease of use.

Perhaps variety could be added by the theoretical provisioner creation quest determining which settlement you can unlock next?

Davoren fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 3, 2016

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Segmentation Fault posted:

Honestly I haven't bothered much with the radio in 4, Inon Zur's soundtrack is loving awesome.

I still want a radio station run by rogue gen1's that plays 80's style synth.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

graynull posted:

I still want a radio station run by rogue gen1's that plays 80's style synth.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9048/

You can cut out the radio stations you don't want, but the download is loving huge and I haven't found a mirror.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

are there any mods that let you just force a (base game style, not the weird custom made one that the one mod does,) attack on a settlement? I like fighting off raiders/gunners/mutants/etc., but since most attacks occur while you're not actually at the settlement you end up fighting on the outskirts of your settlement as opposed to being behind your defenses and junk.

Would also like a mod that makes it so the cages from the DLC just insta-catch, or catch within like an hour, whatever enemy.

You can cut out the radio stations you don't want, but the download is loving huge and I haven't found a mirror.

The DJs for Old World Radio are also awful. I uninstalled it after listening to a discount, bored Morgan Freeman tell some wacky story while peppering "gently caress" in every other word.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I haven't listened to any of the stations from that mod except the one that just plays non-stop Twilight Zone episodes, but it's worth it for that one alone

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

I haven't listened to any of the stations from that mod except the one that just plays non-stop Twilight Zone episodes, but it's worth it for that one alone

downloading now

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Davoren posted:

You don't get an awful lot from settlements unless you go there anyway, so why not make each one an already established place already to give the player a reason to visit, without feeling obligated to improve it.

I really like this idea.
Especially if they weren't all just junk-fence shanty towns.

CATTASTIC fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 3, 2016

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
While its a great idea, I'd suggest making it a self contained mod using vanilla assets & no dlc as a core, & making modules in the shape of esp replacers for bigger settlement adjusting mods, like homemaker & ddproductions.
I imagine the flow would be : discover or get guided to a settlement, for instance a farm, take care of whatever love child of molerats and ghouls they fear, despite them being the other side of the map. return and listen to their delight and admiration, now, you can do two things:
1, build them a couple of sentryguns, and forget about them.
2, build a settlement beacon, go all north korea.
but I guess what the mod would do is:
After you have made a settlement beacon mk 2, it give you some quests for materials, specific to the area, once the population has risen to certain points, they build themselves a shelter, start planting stuff, scavving, make another hand pump, trade with passing caravans with a budget you give them, essentially be a bit more self sufficient, once the population hits a higher point, they might be raided by random mobs, or leaned on by nuclear pimp daddies, whatever their defence rating, (I'd imagine they would usually be dealing with scrub teir beasts and ghouls wandering past most days, so the sentryguns can take care of that.)
so, you can either micromanage, or just make sure they are stocked up with the basics & caps and they will just grow organically.
the biggest problems I can forsee are more to do with pre-F4CK mods being unable to assign pathing, now its out, they might just go and tend to whatever planters you have around, instead of thousand yard staring in a group somwhere.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I'm thinking about making my own version of Traitorous Perks, with what I hope is a little more logic behind how the perks relate to each other (for instance, choosing to concentrate on a more quick-gun style gameplay, with perks like Quick Hands and Steady Aim, vs. a more patient snipery style, with perks like Penetrator and Concentrated Fire -- and these two styles would be mutually exclusive).

I'd like to fold Animal Friend and Wasteland Whisperer together, just because they're so similar and it seems silly to need different perks depending on whether you're dealing with bugs or dogs, but I don't know what new perk I could replace one of them with. Anyone have any ideas? e: I'm thinking of something like being "likable" or "trustworthy," which would interact with skills like Pickpocket and have effect like reduced doctor/stylist/hotel costs, though those are all pretty trivial.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jun 3, 2016

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...

Saint Sputnik posted:

I'm thinking about making my own version of Traitorous Perks, with what I hope is a little more logic behind how the perks relate to each other (for instance, choosing to concentrate on a more quick-gun style gameplay, with perks like Quick Hands and Steady Aim, vs. a more patient snipery style, with perks like Penetrator and Concentrated Fire -- and these two styles would be mutually exclusive).

I'd like to fold Animal Friend and Wasteland Whisperer together, just because they're so similar and it seems silly to need different perks depending on whether you're dealing with bugs or dogs, but I don't know what new perk I could replace one of them with. Anyone have any ideas? e: I'm thinking of something like being "likable" or "trustworthy," which would interact with skills like Pickpocket and have effect like reduced doctor/stylist/hotel costs, though those are all pretty trivial.

What about something that adds to Energy Damage or one of the other damage types? Nuclear Physicist increases Radiation but nothing increases Energy, Fire, or Cold or anything.

:Edit:
Keep in mind I have no idea if that's even possible to mod into a perk.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
GUNS TIME once more.

First off, If you miss the Hunting Revolver from FNV if you have the Far Harbour DLC you can go nuts once more pretending your Charles Bronson gunning down some no good punks.

Second seems quite interesting, called DefenseGun and from one of the many talented Japanese modders for the game it appears to add some SMG variants with their own mods to both purchase and the NPCs through the wasteland. Some of them look like MP18 and Sten Guns, which I quite enjoy the look of.

Also, anyone else following the Maxwells World DLC sort of expansion on Mod DB? Clown Rocket Launcher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'd love more weird guns since the syringer seems to stop working after a certain level.

I want sticky micro mines!

• Locked thread