Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JunkDeluxe
Oct 21, 2008
yep - Works fine. ~8.8K left now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rurutia
Jun 11, 2009
They're either replenishing the keys repeatedly or the number is arbitrary.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
It said 4.4k when I got one last night, sooooo...

Amusingly I already had an account there from another free giveaway :v:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
nope, still nothing. could it be my region? im asia-pacific

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

nope, still nothing. could it be my region? im asia-pacific

Could be region. It said like 3.8k left (US) last night for me.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
could someone grab a key for me please?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

TheRat posted:

[23:12:59] <%Rodent> You have 308 tabs.
[03:54:07] <%Rodent> You have 57 tabs.

I am a broken man

Just did this. Wasn't too fun.

With spark presumed dead, I think I will play something else. Maybe make an EA character of some sort.

devilmouse
Mar 26, 2004

It's just like real life.

funmanguy posted:

Just did this. Wasn't too fun.

I opened up Standard, cleared out a few tabs and then became overwhelmed and closed out. And so Standard shall remain a tab wasteland.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The only time I look at standard is to take my mtx off. I can only imagine what the stash looks like now especially the tabs from the early days when I used to hoard random gems and rares that should have been vendored immediately.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I entered Standard to consolidate all of my currency into its stash tab once I bought one.

Probably the last time I enter Standard.

Speaking of MTX, did everyone get all of theirs from this league? I just checked (online) and I got the footprints...and nothing else. I got 30 challenges, so I should have a weapon too.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

devilmouse posted:

I opened up Standard, cleared out a few tabs and then became overwhelmed and closed out. And so Standard shall remain a tab wasteland.

Every once in a while I get bored and end up clearing out like 5 or 10 remove only tabs in standard until I come to my senses. Periodically I use it to try and test new builds, but it's a pain.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Is there a command to reclaim all of your mtx effects? Otherwise they basically become one-offs for me because I forget what character I used them on etc.

also something something northern lights effect

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

whypick1 posted:

I entered Standard to consolidate all of my currency into its stash tab once I bought one.

Probably the last time I enter Standard.

Speaking of MTX, did everyone get all of theirs from this league? I just checked (online) and I got the footprints...and nothing else. I got 30 challenges, so I should have a weapon too.

I got everything except foot prints. I emailed them about foot prints 2 months back and they sent me this email a week ago.

quote:

> Thanks for your patience here! Your account has been added to a list of affected players and the developers will apply a fix for all of you as soon as possible.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

theshim posted:

Is there a command to reclaim all of your mtx effects? Otherwise they basically become one-offs for me because I forget what character I used them on etc

Someone in here linked me to a thread on the official forums that has a script to find all mtxs. If you search my posts in here you should be able to find it.

E: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/989787

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I am going to play a flask build for the first time, pathfinder BV i think. Should be interesting.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

megalodong posted:

I am going to play a flask build for the first time, pathfinder BV i think. Should be interesting.

time to show off my billion exalt standard pathfinder BV char that has 5 leagues worth of gear/currency dumped into it:

character 'FartInTheWind'
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/InventorOfTrees/characters

45% increased flask effectiveness is kind of retarded with legacy flasks. I go from negligible to max block by pressing '5'.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Everytime I want to make a flask build, i feel like it should use The Harvest, then I get distracted as I'm making it.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

whypick1 posted:

Do you have a 2nd MTX tab? Could it be on a character already?

Did you try using the MTX finder to check if it exists on any items?

The items were handed out instantly on hitting the various challenge thresholds, not at end of league.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Magus42 posted:

Do you have a 2nd MTX tab? Could it be on a character already?

Did you try using the MTX finder to check if it exists on any items?

The items were handed out instantly on hitting the various challenge thresholds, not at end of league.

poo poo, you're right, pretty sure I put it on my main character as soon as I hit 24. Derp.

funmanguy posted:

Everytime I want to make a flask build, i feel like it should use The Harvest, then I get distracted as I'm making it.

You know that's league-exclusive, right?

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

whypick1 posted:

I do. We were talking about standard and a nearly unlimited budget. I have a 6l harvest on standard.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

whypick1 posted:

Which just means 'more expensive' :toot: Though beyond stuff may be hell to get this league... It's not one of Zana's mods and I dunno if they'll drop from Prophecy stuff.

e: which is irrelevant in Funman's case, woo.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
the harvest is the best 2h axe mtx in the game

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
107 HC tabs and 48 standard ones. Might consolidate my cards tonight but other than that gently caress it.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Is there anything better than smashing together tabs of cards? I don't care if what I get is trash, I love turning in 20 sets at once.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

funmanguy posted:

Is there anything better than smashing together tabs of cards? I don't care if what I get is trash, I love turning in 20 sets at once.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that got a weird satisfaction out of this.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I'm seeing a lot of people raving about how good slayer earthquake is going to be but haven't really seen many builds posted for it. I slapped together this poo poo in a hurry, but I've only briefly tried earthquake in general. Do I go hatred with herald of ash? Or do I do blasphemy something? How about brutal fervour versus impact? I don't really know how to evaluate any of these leech nodes in general. Also despite a 50% physical reflect reduction I'm still concerned about reflect, especially going the hatred/hoa route.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
I wanted to mention, if anyone on standard is going to turn in a set of cards that gives a corrupted item, i deleveled a character to 18 to isolate the better mods. Hit me up if you want me to turn it in.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Which is cheaper/lazier: EQ or CoC Quill Rain

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Bushiz posted:

Which is cheaper/lazier: EQ or CoC Quill Rain

All you need is Quill Rain and a 5L for the latter. Uniques like Victario's Acuity or Winds of Change are nice to have but definitely not needed to get it off the ground.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

New flask revealed.

Looks pretty sick for non-Pathfinders to have some major flask uptime, but at the same time...use this as a Pathfinder anyway to keep the new Kiara's Determination up as much as possible? Then you're immune to almost everything (Pathfinder gets free staunching, Kiara's gives curse/freeze/chill/stun) AND have a source of Onslaught. Path can get immune to status ailments with Master Alchemist, but if you're not doing elemental damage that node is a lot less attractive compared to Master Herbalist.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Looking for judgements on a build; Siege Ballista with full physical to elemental conversion from a Physical to Lightning support and the Blackgleam quiver, passives stretching from the Templar totem/elemental nodes through the Scion life wheel down to the Ranger and Duelist nodes, as well as the elemental penetration for weapons from Forces of Nature.

Which ascendancy should I go with? The build could start as a Templar, Scion, Duelist or Ranger with no trouble. Pathfinder Ranger can get 10% elemental penetration and flask nodes, and Inquisitor can get +2 maximum totems (with a penalty). A Scion can get regen and damage from Chieftain, and the second big node could be Deadeye for an additional projectile and some damage, or Elementalist for 5% elemental penetration, some damage, and 4% reduced elemental damage taken. Thoughts?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/738194815704145920

Now show us where the last goddamn monster in the map is already :argh:

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

If anyone needed confirmation that Volt Spark is opie -- first time facing trio and Atziri, in standard HC, with my volt sparker: poo poo died FAST, got caught in a couple flameblasts from Atziri but no real close calls and trio was snooze-worthy. Spam them sparks, run around for a bit, collect loots. First ever Atziri kill, feels good man.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Juggernaut Undeniable node nerfed down to 1% attack speed per 200 accuracy.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

panda clue posted:

changed my mind about what I'm going to be doing since the new Jugg node just seems too absurd to pass up. Self cast discharge with 91% chance to ignite it is:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...-tSU2r6PV-X9A==

Main links: discharge -> controlled destruction -> fire pen -> chance to ignite -> conc effect -> empower (aoe should be fine with conc effect since I get 35% increased aoe from the tree)
ignite chance will be 91% (20% from tree, 14% from flammbility, 49% from gem, 8% from boot enchant).

Will use double doryani for that sweet, sweet double dipping for the burns via the elemental damage, with blasphemy warlords mark/flammability. Swap to purity of fire and rise of the phoenix for reflect maps. I'll level an Elemental Focus to swap in on maps that have high ignite resist. Will probably also use two Kaom's Signs, and a Kingsguard until I find an A+ rare armor chest. 10 endurance charges with the belt corruption :getin:

Anything that doesn't die straight out from the initial discharge should die from the burn.

edit: oh hey I can just use the doryani belt for 100% chance to ignite, so I'll probably do that too.

tweaked this build a bit to be lower level requirement and slightly more optimized, for anyone that was looking at doing self-cast discharge with jugg.

build: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...G0ZCPTAVLzqakM=
gems: http://poecraft.com/%20gemplanner#v11.1-1a2R.=A112S.2I=b0e0W.0b2M1S2K2S==.1O1W=g2U.2z2O2M1S.==.==.==

My eventual 6th link I'd leave blue and swap around rarity/conc effect/prolif depending on how I was feeling and what I was doing.

Also, I did some testing, and with all of the aoe nodes and increased aoe gem, discharge hits about 2/3 of the viewable screen. gonna own.

edit:

panda clue fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 2, 2016

Xequecal
Jun 14, 2005
Question about poison double dipping: if I have Bladefall linked to spell totem and concentrated effect, and 130% increased totem damage plus 30% increased area damage from the tree, does that mean linking poison as the fourth gem and taking 3 skill duration passives will multply damage output by 2.4? Poison is 20% of the hit base, then 160% increased from tree plus 40% on the gem all double dips so the poison is now 60% of the hit. Then conc effect double dips a 60% more so its now 96% of the hit. Then finally 45% skill duration multiplies that by 1.45 to about 140%. So I'm doing 140% more damage. The math seems right but it doesn't seem plausible for one gem to grant 140% more, most are like 40-50% at best.

MannersPlease
Aug 13, 2014
Poison scaling is OP so without doing the math myself that sounds about right. Although I beleive that the "x% less totem damage" on the spell totem gem will also double dip in the poison damage, so you will have some sort of less damage multiplier in there as well (to be clear, I have no data on this, I am just assuming based on general expectations).

As opposed to a mine build which has an extra more multiplier instead of a less multiplier and proceeds to 1 shot various end game bosses with ease.

MannersPlease fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Jun 2, 2016

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
New plan: Quill Rain Blast Rain CoC with Bladefall + EK + Poison.

Keep corrupting cheap quill rains until I get +1 power charges, then Assassin can cap crit with about 50% on gear.

The main problem is that EK and Bladefall benefit from completely different nodes and jewels (that double-dip i.e. projectile or area damage). EK is better single target and Bladefall for trash clearing I take it?

Xequecal posted:

Question about poison double dipping: if I have Bladefall linked to spell totem and concentrated effect, and 130% increased totem damage plus 30% increased area damage from the tree, does that mean linking poison as the fourth gem and taking 3 skill duration passives will multply damage output by 2.4? Poison is 20% of the hit base, then 160% increased from tree plus 40% on the gem all double dips so the poison is now 60% of the hit. Then conc effect double dips a 60% more so its now 96% of the hit. Then finally 45% skill duration multiplies that by 1.45 to about 140%. So I'm doing 140% more damage. The math seems right but it doesn't seem plausible for one gem to grant 140% more, most are like 40-50% at best.

That sounds about right yes, double-dipping poison is completely busted. Get temporal chains to extend it more while gaining large amounts of survivability!

e: MannersPlease is right, the spell totem gem's less damage modifier will need to be combined with the conc effect so it's 60% * 0.69 * 1.6 = 66% of the hit, which with duration comes to 96%. Still way higher than any other gem, and also shows how busted mines/traps are for single target.

gonadic io fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Jun 2, 2016

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Vulnerability would also benefit, since you'd double dip on both the increased physical damage taken (which bumps how big the Poison "hit" is) and increased DoT taken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Vanguard Warden posted:

Looking for judgements on a build; Siege Ballista with full physical to elemental conversion from a Physical to Lightning support and the Blackgleam quiver, passives stretching from the Templar totem/elemental nodes through the Scion life wheel down to the Ranger and Duelist nodes, as well as the elemental penetration for weapons from Forces of Nature.

Which ascendancy should I go with? The build could start as a Templar, Scion, Duelist or Ranger with no trouble. Pathfinder Ranger can get 10% elemental penetration and flask nodes, and Inquisitor can get +2 maximum totems (with a penalty). A Scion can get regen and damage from Chieftain, and the second big node could be Deadeye for an additional projectile and some damage, or Elementalist for 5% elemental penetration, some damage, and 4% reduced elemental damage taken. Thoughts?

I went duelist -> champion on my Iron Commander and used this build for the second half of PHC and got to 90. I thought it was pretty good. Deadeye ranger would work well as well, but i wanted to be tankier.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1626895

Granted Iron Commander is a bit different than just using Siege Ballista. I'm not really sure how good non commander Ballista actually is. You would need a pretty good phys bow to do all the conversion with.

• Locked thread