Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Pash posted:

That google doc requires permission to view.

Oops, should be fixed now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I got my months mixed up and thought this month had the terrain competition, and here I've been preparing terrain to paint. Well, it can wait for a month and I'll figure out something else to oath.

Lol, so did I. Spent the last few days assembling the plasma tower and some firestorm Redoubts.

Time to change gears to Dark Eldar!

E: holy poo poo, going from Orks and Marines to Dark Eldar is tricky. They are some spindly fuckers!

Reubenesque Sandwich fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 1, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Is this pose relaxed enough?

Was going to do Rasheth, but I really should get my khador finished up since I'll be playing them more. If this guy's fine I'll paint him up with some pikemen.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Jun 2, 2016

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

chutche2 posted:

Was going to do Rasheth, but I really should get my khador finished up since I'll be playing them more. If this guy's fine I'll paint him up with some pikemen.

Paint both!

Edit: I just want to see a bunch of new Rasheth paint jobs ITT.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

GoodBee posted:

Paint both!

Edit: I just want to see a bunch of new Rasheth paint jobs ITT.

If I do paint him I'm going to give him a little cocktail umbrella.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

chutche2 posted:

If I do paint him I'm going to give him a little cocktail umbrella.

:3:

I'm going to armor up my tiny titans. I'm also going to prime him before I post my oath and it's been raining here lately. I learned my lesson last month when I hosed up my priming. I've got a couple of back up plans if I gently caress up Rasheth.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
I might wind up oathing my Killa Kans for this month. DE are turning out to be extremely well casted and sculpted, but very time-intensive to assemble.

I've only got four hellion sky board raiders assembled so far!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Zark the Damned posted:

:siren: If I have missed you let me know ASAP, I will conduct the draw this weekend at a yet to-be determined time. Good luck everyone!

I think the Google doc is correct for me but I painted a cool dragon so I should be eligible for the drawing right? Or did I post badly.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

krushgroove posted:

2. Are there any takers on OATHKEEPER avatars from anyone in the thread?

This sounds fun and I'll see what we can do!

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
I'd love an Oathkeeper Av - sounds like fun!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
I, forums user tallkidwithglasses, oath to paint this trio of jetbikes in June. Also give the riders arms and stuff.

Can I get a ruling on whether this is ok for the #squadgoals achievement? They're a little smaller than vehicles, which is a squad of 2+, and quite a bit bigger than mans, which is a squad of 4+. Is 3 ok?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

I, Endman, Oath to paint this Saxon Thegn and his stalwart Huscarle in the month of June.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I, Signal, oath to paint The Captain from Malifaux and the Brewers starter crew, from yet another game: Guild Ball.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
Speed paint is by model ya?

Gauntlet thrown.

edit: somewhat confusing reference to obsolete 'basing points' in op:

quote:

The base does not need to be done to be called 'completed', but remember that if all your models are based you do get a point for basing. The time stamps on the worldtimeserver.com site must be within 24 hours of each other. No extra points for quickest painting time! That would be too hard to prove without video.

Nichol fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jun 2, 2016

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

chutche2 posted:

Definitely - anything that isn't in a pose that says 'I'm about to chop this through you' is fine. You can kitbash, convert or sculpt something together so your model looks like it's lounging in a beach chair or whatever, or just keep it real and use a model that's just 'standing around'.

Yeast posted:

I'd love an Oathkeeper Av - sounds like fun!
Great! What I'll do is basically 'opt in' everybody, and for each month draw one person who completed their Oath. If they don't want the avatar it'll get drawn for someone else.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I, forums user tallkidwithglasses, oath to paint this trio of jetbikes in June. Also give the riders arms and stuff.

Can I get a ruling on whether this is ok for the #squadgoals achievement? They're a little smaller than vehicles, which is a squad of 2+, and quite a bit bigger than mans, which is a squad of 4+. Is 3 ok?
Yup, we don't get hung up on any game definitions of what a squad is, so as long as it's a handful of models you're good.

Endman posted:

I, Endman, Oath to paint this Saxon Thegn and his stalwart Huscarle in the month of June.

Signal posted:

I, Signal, oath to paint The Captain from Malifaux and the Brewers starter crew, from yet another game: Guild Ball.

Oaths Accepted!

Nichol posted:

Thanks, I'll take that out!

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I, Cyberia, oath to paint these 6 not-Necromunda gangers bought off eBay

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

tallkidwithglasses posted:

I think the Google doc is correct for me but I painted a cool dragon so I should be eligible for the drawing right? Or did I post badly.

You didn't mention Monster May-hem in your completion post so I assumed you didn't want in - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3774261&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post459884991 - I'll add you to the draw.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

I oath these 27 US Infantry from Warlord Games for Bolt Action

they've got some sand and pebbles on them already but no paint

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Nichol posted:

Speed paint is by model ya?

Gauntlet thrown.

Yup, speed paint is by model. Don't forget to include this in your completion post!

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Let's try this again...

I, Fuegan, oath one Slaughterpriest for June.

I'm also overdue a bit of Spring Cleaning

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog

Fuegan posted:

I'm also overdue a bit of Spring Cleaning

This is a stretch. If my area looked this sorted after spring cleaning I would be proud.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I, enri, hereby oath to paint a savage orc archer and an imp (old GW familiar) to add to the frostgrave warband

I may add more, will take this month easy whilst I ease myself into a new job and all that jazz.

Hoping the familiar is 'at rest' enough... or that Mr Orc is flashing enough of the green stuff to count for this months challenge

Nichol posted:

This is a stretch. If my area looked this sorted after spring cleaning I would be proud.

Agreed, I can see the desk! That's too clean for my liking ;)

Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out
I, Lethemonster, oath the Ork Warboss from Assault on Black Reach

My camera is dying. :(

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Would you look at this? I've got the photo album for May uploaded just 2 days into June!

LATEST PHOTO ALBUM!!
for MAY:
Google Photos: https://goo.gl/photos/9AVDTvpN1jK7xaBFA
Imgur: http://imgur.com/a/zCvPI

Everyone please check to make sure that your Oath Complete photos are in both albums. Since you just uploaded your pictures you should be able to recognize your models!

I uploaded the same photos into both locations but you never know. I may have missed someone or something may have happened, so just please check. I think we have an actual record of photos to be uploaded, usually there's way less than 200 photos to upload and this time there are 249 photos! So...great job, all of us! Loads of new recruits, loads of returning old-timers and very few people weren't able to complete their Oaths. Let's keep it up, and if you failed your Oath, don't worry, just pick up the brush and Save Da Whales!

Also, I just wanted to add a couple of things that I'll be putting in the OP rules:
1. If you add your name to your photos (remember you don't get points for missing names) please put your name in every photo - I do my best to put photos with names in my download folder first, then add your other photos, but Google Photos doesn't allow me to rearrange albums by name any more, so photos will get mixed around.
2. I'm no longer adding names to photos using photo editing software at my end - if you don't want to write your name on a bit of paper or add your name using the info in the OP that's on you, and you won't get points. The no name, no points rule has been around at least since the start of Season 6, so it should be pretty engrained now for you regulars, and for anyone new or joining up again after a long time away it shouldn't make a difference. I don't think the folks who left off their names are going big for judge's points but wanted to be clear I won't be editing pictures any more.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

cyberia posted:

I, Cyberia, oath to paint these 6 not-Necromunda gangers bought off eBay
Do you happen to know the manufacturer, just for our spreadsheet?

Danimo posted:

I oath these 27 US Infantry from Warlord Games for Bolt Action

Fuegan posted:

Let's try this again...

I, Fuegan, oath one Slaughterpriest for June.

enri posted:

I, enri, hereby oath to paint a savage orc archer and an imp (old GW familiar) to add to the frostgrave warband

I may add more, will take this month easy whilst I ease myself into a new job and all that jazz.

Hoping the familiar is 'at rest' enough... or that Mr Orc is flashing enough of the green stuff to count for this months challenge
Sure, it's restful enough

Lethemonster posted:

I, Lethemonster, oath the Ork Warboss from Assault on Black Reach

My camera is dying. :(
Forget your camera, why are you looking up the location for Butts Butts Butts?

Oaths Accepted!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath these 10 Grotesque Banshees. They are from the Legion of Everblight faction, Privateer Press' Hordes line.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath these 10 Grotesque Banshees. They are from the Legion of Everblight faction, Privateer Press' Hordes line.

Oh alright, you too, get in here! Oath Accepted!

Taft Punk
Jan 11, 2011

Fish are the vegetables of the sea.
I, Taft Punk, Oath that I will paint these models: (9 models in total)

Privateer Press's War Machine's Protectorate of Menoth's Choir and Reckoners
Guild Ball's Butchers' Guild's Ox

With Mk. III bringing Menoth Christmas early this year, I figured it was time to join the "Choir!" #squadgoals for this one, and they'll be seeing table play before the paint is fully dry.

Ox is an addition because I owe someone his Butcher's Guild fully painted, and to fulfill the Summer relaxing theme challenge.

Lord Hypnostache thanks for the compliment on Trogdor! I was experimenting with Golden Fluid acrylics for the first time, and coming off of a several month painting hiatus. Once I started messing up on it, it was time to go Full Scrunt. I'm only sad I couldn't find the googly eyes in time for the Oath post.

krushgroove Thanks! Understood. :)

Taft Punk fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jun 3, 2016

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Ok, I've had a few set backs.
First, I thought June was the terrain month, so I started fighting the Tempestus Firebase. Realizing my error, I switched to Dark Eldar.
I assembled many models, but I've realized that the Raiders require pre-painting before assembly, something I'm not accustomed to.
Adding salt to the wound, the Hellion Skyboard models are some of the best models I've assembled, second only to the recent Flash Gits. (they really are a work of art.) I'd like to give them the time they need.

Anywho, I'm pledging 18 Killa Kans and 1 Deff Dredd.

I oath 18 Killa Kans and 1 Deff Dread

Should be an easy job.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

krushgroove posted:

Do you happen to know the manufacturer, just for our spreadsheet?

I had a look at the receipt and it turns out the brand is EM4.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, Lord Aba, oath the following: 6 rending warriors, 6 sword warriors, 2 gun warriors and 1 broodlord (Games workshop, 28mm scale)

Lemme know if the picture is too dark. Tyranid warriors are some of my favorite models to paint, so this should go quick despite the number!

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I, Ilor, oath these two Infinity Models (Corvus Belli) - one Hassassin Barid Hacker and one Hassassin Fiday.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

:radcat: I, Business Gorillas, oath one (1) Savage Orc Shaman and four (4) Dwarf Ironbreakers. :radcat:
I'm going for #squadgoals via the Ironbreakers and the technical challenge with the shaman.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

I, head58, oath these 3 models: Supreme Archdomina Makeda, Orin Midwinter and a Cyclops Shaman from Privateer Press (Skorne). The first 2 are 30mm and the cyclops is 40.

Hopefully I'll have another model soon to add for the June challenge.

head58 fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 3, 2016

Class Warcraft
Apr 27, 2006

I, Flippycunt, Oath to paint these 8 Viking spearmen dudes from Gripping Beast and also these two Victrix Napoleonic Frenchmen

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

head58 posted:

[B]I, head58, oath Supreme Archdomina Makeda, Orin Midwinter and a Cyclops Shaman from Privateer Press (Skorne).

Is your Rasheth painted? I'm trying to make June Rasheth month. Although the Shaman probably has enough skin for the technical challenge and is a fantastic model.

head58
Apr 1, 2013

GoodBee posted:

Is your Rasheth painted? I'm trying to make June Rasheth month. Although the Shaman probably has enough skin for the technical challenge and is a fantastic model.

Rasheth is who I'm hoping to get soon. Can't decide if I paint him up like Hedonismbot or not.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

head58 posted:

Rasheth is who I'm hoping to get soon. Can't decide if I paint him up like Hedonismbot or not.

Like give him a wooden platform and paint him like a gold robot? That would be pretty hilarious. It would probably look pretty cool too, it just depends how he would look with the rest of your army. If it meshes or you don't care, do it!

Everyone I know calls him Hedonism bot anyway.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I, chutche2, oath to paint Kommandant Irusk, as well as a unit of Iron Fang Pikemen with both sets of banners and magnetized shields, and an Iron Fang Kovnik.

I reserve the right to not fully paint both sets of shields because I may have lost one or two, since I never fielded them as regular pikemen, only as Black Dragon pikemen. I'll paint everything I can find.

Finished photos will hopefully be with a better camera. Capes and shoulder pads are still in their box.

Decided I didn't want to make Rasheth my first skorne warrior painted in case I dishonor myself doing skorne flesh.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
What are some websites to check out "heroic scale" miniatures? The malifaux one has some good options but I don't know any others. (US shipping if that matters)

• Locked thread