Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I like the idea people had to put a damage debuff on Orb of Discord along with the defense debuff, though I think that damage debuff should probably only apply to damage dealt to the Zenyatta who placed the Orb (Discord is good enough as it is). That way Zenyatta doesn't just melt when a flanker manages to catch him out, or Widowmaker notices he exists, but he'd still be boned if the enemy team gangs up on him. Might even open up a new avenue of counterplay--a flanker attacking Zenyatta could force him to move his Orb of Discord off the tank just to save his own rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

PantsBandit posted:

I honestly don't think I've ever seen a Winston POTG. The only way I can even think of that you'd get one is if you ulted and managed to knock a bunch of people into a pit or something. He's just designed in such a way that getting big kill combos is super rare.

I've got 3 since I started playing him yesterday.

They are boring because you're basically just following people who fail to escape or fail to burst you down.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Just nerf Widowmaker damage instead, everyone will love the change. Have her deal like 125 Max on bodyshot and 5 Max for uncharged shots.

And fix Hanzo arrows; getting hit in the foot should not be a headshot.

That'll increase Zen's survivability a ton.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like the idea of playing a gorilla with a gun but his gun is so lame and boring to use

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Thor-Stryker posted:

Just nerf Widowmaker damage instead, everyone will love the change. Have her deal like 125 Max on bodyshot and 5 Max for uncharged shots.

And fix Hanzo arrows; getting hit in the foot should not be a headshot.

That'll increase Zen's survivability a ton.

i still do not know how hanzos damage makes any sense. not that hes op, just like i have no idea whats hitting where and for how much and why like at any given time.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNvXnbZHCTU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiqkwPJTJko

Tiggs
Aug 11, 2002

Zzulu posted:

I like the idea of playing a gorilla with a gun but his gun is so lame and boring to use
It's great for chasing and diving because you can focus on movement and positioning while dealing consistent damage then get the gently caress out

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

My only POTG was the second round I ever played, and as Mercy. Really wish I'd been recording it...90 games later and I still don't have another POTG (mainly play support)

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
What do they need to do to D Va?

I say 1) increase damage slightly. Very slightly. 2) reduce countdown on her Ult so it goes off quicker. 3) reduce time out of mech

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Winston's gun lets me kill Mercies and Genjis without needing to aim.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
dva doesnt need more damage, just range. Like a little bit more range and increased mech survivability. That'd be cool and good

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Samara posted:

I say 1) increase damage slightly. Very slightly. 2) reduce countdown on her Ult so it goes off quicker. 3) reduce time out of mech

They need tally up the exact amount of ultimate you're giving the enemy team and put it in big flashing red numbers on your screen and at the end of the game so everyone knows you're the person to blame as to why the entire enemy team constantly had tactical visors and rocket barrages.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Winston's gun lets me kill Mercies and Genjis without needing to aim.

i love it when genjis use reflect when im shooting them with winston. flail you stupid lovely ninja, flail.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ideally the most interesting thing to do with D'va would be to improve her out-of-mecha capabilities so rather than Fun mode and Boring But Effective mode you have two different fun modes you swap between.

Realistically they probably should reduce or remove the speed debuff when she's firing her guns and/or adjust the hitbox on her critical spot. I don't think her ult needs to be adjusted because even if it kills nobody it's a very powerful point-clearer. That said I think one tweak they should make would be to make Rein's shield not instantly negate all of it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I have yet to see a Genji PotG that didn't involve the sword.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Kawabata posted:

which is not surprising because it's impossible to win overwatch games without mercy unless it's koth

seagull does occasionally get poo poo-stomped when he doesn't have his friends with him though, and his plays are significantly less impressive then

So he is the overwatch analog of buzzcutpsycho in PS2?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
People were losing their poo poo when he did a killfeed video of him playing Hanzo with a pocket healer, which is probably second only to McCree in terms of "looks impressive but actually requires very little effort"

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
theres only so much one guy can do

I myself am the greatest player alive and I still lose games because the people I play with ARE SCRUBTIER SHITLORDS

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It legit depresses me when I get four gold medals as Soldier and a silver on healing because god drat what the gently caress are the rest of the team even doing. I know we have a Genji somewhere but he's a true master of stealth since I don't think we ever seen or heard from him once.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Samara posted:

She is fine in a lot of ways, but her damage output is so low with her primary gun. I've flown right into other players faces and I couldn't burst them down before they turned a corner. More than anything, that needs to be fixed. That or her move speed while firing could be raised.

Last round I played I did 7.5K damage and only got 5 eliminations because of the other team having healers. Pretty sure I did 5K one time and only eliminated 2 people for the same reason.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They already mentioned that they want dva to be a harasser and that they are probably going to tune her speed rather than damage. I think her damage is fine, problem is that it drops off too fast and if the enemy is in a corner they can just run away and you wont catch them while firing. So either decrease the drop off, increase movement speed while firing, or have a more reliable method of locking people down.

Also unrealistic but I wish her E functioned like reins shield. Blocks ranged damage but isn't on a cooldown, instead you have like a focus gauge that is consumed while holding E drops off entirely when it runs out. Recovers as long as you arent using it.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
movespeed while firing seems more desirable because it turns her into a chasing/harassing character and wont murder your squishies instantly (which is problematic as a tank), putting her into a similar role to winston

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Thor-Stryker posted:

Widow's sniper mode being a manual reload would do a ton, I think. Being a semi-auto with such a short charge is ridiculous.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Slowpoke! posted:

She is fine in a lot of ways, but her damage output is so low with her primary gun. I've flown right into other players faces and I couldn't burst them down before they turned a corner. More than anything, that needs to be fixed. That or her move speed while firing could be raised.

Last round I played I did 7.5K damage and only got 5 eliminations because of the other team having healers. Pretty sure I did 5K one time and only eliminated 2 people for the same reason.

Her guns can actually do like ~150 dps if I remember correctly, it's just that it falls off so massively when you're not basically humping the target that you never get the full damage.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ddraig posted:

It legit depresses me when I get four gold medals as Soldier and a silver on healing because god drat what the gently caress are the rest of the team even doing. I know we have a Genji somewhere but he's a true master of stealth since I don't think we ever seen or heard from him once.

It's even more depressing as Bastion, imo, because it also means the enemy team was just as bad.

D.va's issues could be fixed if her gun (and Roadhog's!) were changed to shoot a bunch of projectiles that each do a flat amount of damage, rather than "everything in this circle takes damage based on how far away it is" which is dumb and bad. You'd get a similar effect when hitting targets at range but it more heavily rewards skill and punishes bad firing.

Damage falloff based on distance from the shooter is a bad mechanic in general.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Jun 2, 2016

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ddraig posted:

I think people would pick up on the fact that you have a death-dealing heal machine like Zenyatta tearing up everyone and everything when paired up with Symmetra fairly quickly.

The fact is that healthpools in this game are at such a point where a tiny amount of extra, comparatively speaking, can make the world of difference. This is why Symmetra got nerfed from 50 shields to 25 because 200 health tracers and 250 Genjis were tearing up shop.

This is exactly why Symmetra needs to have her E reworked into a placeable buff station or something! Her shield is boring and impossible to balance properly.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
It finally happened. Someone ragequit because I decided to play Zenyatta instead of Mercy or Lucio when we needed a support.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Someone needs to make The Hotdogs for this game so I can take numbers too seriously again

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Broken Cog posted:

It finally happened. Someone ragequit because I decided to play Zenyatta instead of Mercy or Lucio when we needed a support.

Hah, I haven't gotten there yet, but I always choose Zenyatta for support and very rarely does someone decide to play another to boost it. I do it for a silly selfish reason, but hey, I am providing healing when no one else wanted to.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Someone needs to make The Hotdogs for this game so I can take numbers too seriously again

This is kind of the hotdogs, but no mmr, just rankings and stats. https://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/us

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

neonbregna posted:

So he is the overwatch analog of buzzcutpsycho in PS2?

Shayed plays Mercy competitively and he is almost always playing with Shayed, so he almost always has a pocket healer. Seagull think it's boring to play the same character all the time (even if you're doing it for practice) or you'd see him sitting on Genji/McCree all day.

He's a really humble guy and is super chill to watch, he's really nothing like buzzcutpsycho.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
The best thing about Mei is how loving metal her kills are. Freeze someone in place, look into their eyes, and pump a shard of ice through their skull.

Cordyceps
May 16, 2011
I know she's weak but I'm really enjoying D.Va. People will also still die to her ult if you lob it somewhere on a parabola while in the air, and it is still always funny

The three main changes I'd like to see:
1.) slightly less falloff on her guns
2.) don't slow the mech down to a crawl when she's shooting -- that is absolute bullshit
3.) give zero suit dva a button other than left click -- a sprint or a roll would be real nice

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

burningbridges posted:

Shayed plays Mercy competitively

Are you sure? I was under the impression shayed_ was just their (incredibly busy) team manager

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

burningbridges posted:

Shayed plays Mercy competitively and he is almost always playing with Shayed, so he almost always has a pocket healer. Seagull think it's boring to play the same character all the time (even if you're doing it for practice) or you'd see him sitting on Genji/McCree all day.

He's a really humble guy and is super chill to watch, he's really nothing like buzzcutpsycho.

So instead he mostly just plays Hanzo :v:

If I had one wish it would be more people streaming characters that aren't Genji, McCree and Hanzo.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Your Computer posted:

So instead he mostly just plays Hanzo :v:

If I had one wish it would be more people streaming characters that aren't Genji, McCree and Hanzo.

Watch pyyyour, moonmoon, and renbot stream

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Pinely posted:

The best thing about Mei is how loving metal her kills are. Freeze someone in place, look into their eyes, and pump a shard of ice through their skull.

:agreed: Being on the receiving end of a freeze hs is the most demoralizing thing. You just watch as they line up the hs and then boom your dead.

She might not be the best hero, but Mei is so much God drat fun to play. The first time you throw up a wall on a charging reinhardt or a McCree ultimate its literally the best thing.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
this game is good as hell and I like playing every hero

most of my time has been on Mercy, S76, Tracer, Mei, and Junkrat tho

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Cordyceps posted:

2.) don't slow the mech down to a crawl when she's shooting -- that is absolute bullshit

Then she would literally just be Winston

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabraxis
Mar 22, 2003

Well I guess it's lucky for me I'm not unarmed. Seeing as I'm....eating your beans.

DrSeRRoD posted:

This is kind of the hotdogs, but no mmr, just rankings and stats. https://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/us

I've been using master overwatch since late last week, but I heard about https://watcher.gg/ just today. It's got neat graphs.