Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Well, I'm basing my view of the VK4503 on the fact that none of the typical WoT streamers have previewed the tank yet. People keep saying the IS-3A is 'okay,' but Russian heavy trainers are kind of covered in the C3, KV-220, and KV-5. The Scorpion is one of those 'when's the last time anyone said that they *really* need a US TD trainer' tanks, the same could be said of the KJPz, the STA-2 is 'meh,' and the Panzer-58 is 'just another German premium medium.'

The Lowe honestly needs to be discounted simply due to its age, as it's been hit with power creep more than any other 'old premium,' and never had pref-MM to begin with. The Double-Hitler Panther isn't worth it at all. Out of the list there, the SU-122-44 is probably the best of them since it has pref-MM, which means it'll likely be retired eventually, the ammo is dirt cheap, and having a Russian TD trainer isn't bad, either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I would love a faster reload in between shots on my 50 120. Lately I have been playing as a sort of ambush heavy, tagging along with other heavies to jump on something once it gets distracted. Cutting down on reload time would let me put a lot more damage out.

I'm still not sure if I want to keep it, buy the 50B, or rebuy the 50 100 once I'm done.

The 50B is totally bananas, and also is going on sale for the On-Track for the next two weeks. Get it.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The Lowe honestly needs to be discounted simply due to its age, as it's been hit with power creep more than any other 'old premium,' and never had pref-MM to begin with. The Double-Hitler Panther isn't worth it at all. Out of the list there, the SU-122-44 is probably the best of them since it has pref-MM, which means it'll likely be retired eventually, the ammo is dirt cheap, and having a Russian TD trainer isn't bad, either.

The 122-44 definitely has regular matchmaking. The E-25 definitely shouldn't have pref matchmaking, since it's comparable to the SU-122-44 and both are way better than most tech tree tier 7 TDs, but fortunately they didn't give the SU-122-44 pref.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
:siren:Pasholok facts #9:siren: where Yuri Pasholok confirms his Russian Bias!

Q: How historical is the AMX M4 mle. 45? Tell me about it.
A: It's a very real project launched in the summer of 1945. In the game it's a heavy, but in reality it was a medium tank, but the idea of a medium tank differs between countries. You can read more about it on Warspot.

Q: Can there be tanks heavier and larger than the Maus and Type 5 Heavy? Are there any technical limits on the size or mass of tanks?
A: Heavier, doubful, but there are larger ones. Even Soviet ones. The T-39 was 2.5 meters longer than the Maus and half a meter taller.

Q: Why does the cross on some German tanks (Leopard 1) differ from the cross on others (Tiger, Ferdinand, Maus, etc)?
A: Because these tanks served in the Bundswehr, which uses a different cross.

Q: Why did the T-22 medium never enter production?
A: In the chase after the ideal hull, the designers surpassed the bounds or reason. It is an interesting question, how does one put components into this hull? In reality, the T-22 medium did not continue development after the hull was built. The Object 907 faced similar problems.

Q: I read about the Czech ST-I and ST-II tanks. Are the connected with Soviet ST-I and ST-II tanks?
A: There is absolutely no connection. ST-I vz. 39/75N is the index of Jagdpanzer 38(t) tanks used in the Czech army. ST-II is the same ST-I, but with no gun. There was also the ST-III, an unarmed variant with a birdhouse-like casemate, and the PM-1 flamethrower tank. Don't hold your breat for these tanks in the game.

Q: Are there plans to add the E-50 as developed by MAN?
A: No. MAN never designed an E-50. Their E-50 is called "Panther".

Q: I would like to know about the Tiger III tank that would replace the Tiger II. Was it really in development?
A: In brief, the Tiger III was not a replacement, but a predecessor of the Tiger II we know today. It had a different suspension, with quadrupled and not doubled road wheels, a thinner UFP, an observation hatch like on early Panthers, and some more differences. Thinking about it a little, the tank was rejected, and the tank we know and love was approved.

Q: Can you talk a bit about the IS-2 with a rear turret and the TD on its chassis? Could these vehicles be introduced?
A: Indeed, in the winter-spring of 1944, Shashmurin designed a modernized IS-2 with a rear fighting compartment. THe vehicle was heavier than the IS-2, and the armour was 120 mm thick. Same as other IS-2 modernization projects, it did not move past the blueprints stage. Only a sketch of the tank destroyer exists. Their use in the game is possible, but it's difficult to determine what form they would take.

Q: How historical is the SU-122-54? And why do some sites and games have E-100 with Maus turrets?
A: Drive to Kubinka and look at the SU-122-54 in the medium tanks building. The vehicle entered mass production, and later a minesweeper was designed on its chassis, which is still in service. As for the E-100 turret, this is just poor knowledge of history. This is more likely a Tiger-Maus with a different suspension and a December 1942 design turret. You can read more about it on Warspot.

Q: Are there enough vehicles for a Chinese TD branch? If yes, why is it not in the game yet? The Chinese tech tree has been in the game for quite a while.
A: There vehicles to spare, but this is a question not for historians, but for game designers. Our Chinese partners are very specific, and the process is being delayed.

Q: Did the KV-8 flamethrower tank participate in combat?
A: Of course it did. For example, fairly many of these vehicles fought on the Volkhov front in 1942. By pure coincidence, the first use of Tiger tanks in the 502nd heavy tank battalion conicided with the use of KV-8 tanks by the 502nd flamethrower battalion. The two units fought within a few kilometers of each other.

Q: Will we see other versions of the KV-1? When will we see the KV-1E, KV-1 with L-11? Will there also be the T-26-4 tank? It is the same T-26, but with a 76 mm howitzer, like on the BT-7 Artillery.
A: We are aware of the T-26-4 and it's on our list. The issue is that it is, in many ways, a clone of the existing BT-7 Artillery, and a worse one at that. As for the other KV-1 tanks, doubtful. Some of them can already be made with available KV-1 modules.

Q: I saw a photo of a Sherman tank with an AMX-13 turret. Will we see a tank like this in the game?
A: Maybe, and not only the Middle Eastern variant. The prototype was designed in France and one of the experimental tanks is still there.

Q: Is the Cromwell howitzer historical?
A: Very historical. The Cromwell VI, produced in large numbers, was equipped with this gun.

Q: I saw in VK groups that the 416 isn't a medium tank, but a TD, and it's called SU-100M. Please comment on this.
A: I won't comment on a museum sign. I once saw a sign where the T-34's mass is indicated as 320 tons, and another that said the T-46 had a 5 mm gun. As for the type, yes, the Object 416 was a potential replacement for the SU-100, but no one is complaining that the AMX ELC 90 Bis and AMX CDC are actually tank destroyers.

Q: What nation's tanks are your favourite? What nation in the game do you like most?
A: Historically speaking, the Soviet tank building scool. In the game, I like American tank destroyers. I also play on high tier American heavies. From tier 8s, I like the IS-3, and I recently started playing the Pz.58 Mutz.

Q: What will you do with the Waffentrager auf E-100?
A: Walk up to it once a year, straighen up the picket fence, and either think something good or think nothing at all.

Q: Why did the IS-8 get renamed to T-10? Is that more historical?
A: Both are historical, but there was confusion as to why the IS-7 follows the IS-8. That's why we changed it.

Q: Why not move the AMX ELC to tier 6 since it always sees tier 8s anyway?
A: Then it will see tier 9s, do you really want that? If we'll make a tier 6 ELC, we'll make one with a full turret. The ELC program had that option and it was built in metal.

Q: What are the holes in the rear parts of French turrets used for?
A: It's a hatch for extracting used shell casings. It's present on all French autoloaders and the Swedish Strv.103.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

The 122-44 definitely has regular matchmaking. The E-25 definitely shouldn't have pref matchmaking, since it's comparable to the SU-122-44 and both are way better than most tech tree tier 7 TDs, but fortunately they didn't give the SU-122-44 pref.

Yeah - you're right. But, the recent changes to MM will help it immensely.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Purchased:
'Object 140' successfully purchased. Spent credits: 6,100,000.

:toot:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Another excerpt from Soulfuckers pubbie safari(tm):

My crime: Shooting the guy once with HEAT through the gun mantlet.
What's the deal with xTE anyay? He didn't get any of his post-game stats comments right(lol for even getting me to look that up), so I'm unsure if he's deliberately lying or being dumb. I guess he had to grasp for something?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Soulfucker posted:

Another excerpt from Soulfuckers pubbie safari(tm):

My crime: Shooting the guy once with HEAT through the gun mantlet.
What's the deal with xTE anyay? He didn't get any of his post-game stats comments right(lol for even getting me to look that up), so I'm unsure if he's deliberately lying or being dumb. I guess he had to grasp for something?

Something tells me his username isn't just for show. Perhaps the German authorities give potentially dangerous individuals a descriptive online username to help warn and protect the public?

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Hellsau posted:

Something tells me his username isn't just for show. Perhaps the German authorities give potentially dangerous individuals a descriptive online username to help warn and protect the public?

Like GiantHurtBall?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Soulfucker posted:

Like GiantHurtBall?

exactly

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
OK, so I've actually reached T5 now. Pretty amazing. I have the KV-1.

I've got a few questions. What's the best gun on this thing? Right now I'm using the 57mm gun, which shoots fairly rapidly and does ok damage. But sometimes I can't pen mediums or TDs, and killing enemy heavies is hard sometimes if I can't hit weak spots or get to their sides.

I've been looking at the 85mm gun, but from what I'm looking for its stats, its only got 8 more pen, so I'm not sure that's going to be the difference between penning and not penning a heavy. It does do almost twice as much damage, but cuts my RoF by over half. It seems to be better for trading shots than going in and gunning somebody down, but then its also heavier (which slows me down, though I don't know how much of a difference it would be), and less accurate, and takes longer to aim.

Then there's the 122mm gun that doubles the damage again, but cuts the RoF by more than half again, too. Its also less accurate. And it seems like it only shoots HE at half the pen of the 85mm, though I'm not terribly sure how HE works in this game. Or how pen works, for that matter. In World of Warships, pen is largely affected by the caliber of the shell, but I'm not sure that's the same here, as I've seen some higher caliber shells have lower pens with AP. Obviously its taking more stuff into account, like the shell's speed and weight, I'm guessing.

So to me, it looks like the 57mm is best for fighting somewhat armored tanks with the best damage output, as well as good accuracy and aim time so its good for close in fights where I'm moving around, not to mention being lighter too, meaning even more manueverability. The 87mm is better if I want to trade shots and fight more heavily armored tanks, but the lesser accuracy seems to be conflicting with that idea. Getting bigger numbers on every hit seems nice, but with only 8 extra pen I'm not sure its a big upgrade. Of course, I don't know how big of a difference 8 pen is. I'm still a noob.

And the 122mm gun seems like it'd be amazing for one-shotting light tanks, but since its shooting HE it doesn't seem like it'd be good against other heavy tanks or even mediums/TDs showing me their good armor. While it hits hard, its even less accurate than the 87mm, so I don't see it being good for "sniping". I don't understand how HE works, to be honest, I could be missing that this gun is crazy good and I should use it. Looks like if I loaded the premium HEAT rounds on the gun it'd be really scary, though. I don't have the credits for that.

Somebody care to educate me on which gun is actually the best one and why? It'd be great to hear a better explanation beyond my random musings.

Also, which tank should I follow up on with the KV1? Should I go down the KV-1S line, or the T-150? The KV-1S line looks to be full of faster, but not as heavily armored heavies, while the T-150 line is big nasty slow tanks. At least, from what I'm seeing. Not sure what's better. I should at least try both, since the KV-1S line also leads to some medium tanks.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jun 2, 2016

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
The gun choices on the KV-1 is a bit up to personal preference. The 57mm is better at sniping with its increased accuracy, it does however fire so fast that on full auto you might not have time to fully aim in each shot. When shooting something you don't have to aim for anything resembling weakspots though, the increased DPS is good. The 85mm gets 8 more pen as you say, and that's not really all that much. What it does get however, is double the damage per shot. Which means that any time you're up against something that it'd take two 57mm rounds to kill, you can kill with a single 85mm shot. Or two 85mm shots to kill something that'd take four 57mm. This leaves the enemy less time to shoot back at you.

In short, try them both on for size, you'll be driving the KV-1 for a while if you want to grind out all the lines. And ignore the 122mm, it's not as good as the German/US 105mm anyway. The HEAT rounds are kinda good, but the gun is pretty drat inaccurate and missing/having shot eaten by tracks when they cost that much gets frustrating. As for how HE works, if the shot pens you do the damage listed +/-25% just like an AP round. If you don't, then the damage is immediately halved, and then the remaining half is reduced depending on the thickness of the armor in the area you hit. Hit thick enough armor and you'll do zero damage.

As for which line to go down, you are correct when you say the IS line seems faster and less armored, while the T-150 line is slower and more heavily armored. I personally prefer the IS line, and getting into the mediums is a good thing because the tier 9 and 10 mediums are all good. The T-150 line is the pubbie favourite because they can't stop getting shot and heavy armor means they might live longer. Try both though, the more lines the merrier more your soul will be eaten up by this game!

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Hazdoc posted:

I've got a few questions. What's the best gun on this thing? Right now I'm using the 57mm gun, which shoots fairly rapidly and does ok damage. But sometimes I can't pen mediums or TDs, and killing enemy heavies is hard sometimes if I can't hit weak spots or get to their sides.

I've been looking at the 85mm gun, but from what I'm looking for its stats, its only got 8 more pen, so I'm not sure that's going to be the difference between penning and not penning a heavy. It does do almost twice as much damage, but cuts my RoF by over half. It seems to be better for trading shots than going in and gunning somebody down, but then its also heavier (which slows me down, though I don't know how much of a difference it would be), and less accurate, and takes longer to aim.

Then there's the 122mm gun that doubles the damage again, but cuts the RoF by more than half again, too. Its also less accurate. And it seems like it only shoots HE at half the pen of the 85mm, though I'm not terribly sure how HE works in this game. Or how pen works, for that matter. In World of Warships, pen is largely affected by the caliber of the shell, but I'm not sure that's the same here, as I've seen some higher caliber shells have lower pens with AP. Obviously its taking more stuff into account, like the shell's speed and weight, I'm guessing.

So to me, it looks like the 57mm is best for fighting somewhat armored tanks with the best damage output, as well as good accuracy and aim time so its good for close in fights where I'm moving around, not to mention being lighter too, meaning even more manueverability. The 87mm is better if I want to trade shots and fight more heavily armored tanks, but the lesser accuracy seems to be conflicting with that idea. Getting bigger numbers on every hit seems nice, but with only 8 extra pen I'm not sure its a big upgrade. Of course, I don't know how big of a difference 8 pen is. I'm still a noob.

And the 122mm gun seems like it'd be amazing for one-shotting light tanks, but since its shooting HE it doesn't seem like it'd be good against other heavy tanks or even mediums/TDs showing me their good armor. While it hits hard, its even less accurate than the 87mm, so I don't see it being good for "sniping". I don't understand how HE works, to be honest, I could be missing that this gun is crazy good and I should use it. Looks like if I loaded the premium HEAT rounds on the gun it'd be really scary, though. I don't have the credits for that.

Somebody care to educate me on which gun is actually the best one and why? It'd be great to hear a better explanation beyond my random musings.

Also, which tank should I follow up on with the KV1? Should I go down the KV-1S line, or the T-150? The KV-1S line looks to be full of faster, but not as heavily armored heavies, while the T-150 line is big nasty slow tanks. At least, from what I'm seeing. Not sure what's better. I should at least try both, since the KV-1S line also leads to some medium tanks.

Not sure on the gun because I passed through it so very long ago, I have no idea anymore (I passed through when the kv-2 wasn't a thing yet). As for your tier 6, you'll be grabbing the kv-1s full on. There is no debate on it. The reason is that if you look higher up the tree, you'll notice the ST-I starts with the same 122mm gun that you use at tier 7. The better 122mm gun wasn't available to the kv-4. But it is available on the T-10. In other words, you'll want to go towards the t-10 to get the gun before you come back to the t-150 line.

Also, the is-3, 8, and 7 are actually fairly armored because they have a pike nose.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Jun 2, 2016

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Sweet, thanks for the tips.

I'm guessing the US tree has some hilarious poo poo going on, because a couple matches ago my T-46 got oneshot by one of their heavies. I'm guessing that guy was using the big caliber gun. I really want to try it out, seems like fun. I suspect I'll have a better time playing TDs if I want to get big numbers when I hit things, though. Or SPGs, I actually have a T4 german SPG from the the last time I played.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
What are you nerds doing playing WoT when Military Life: Tank Simulator has been released?

quote:

Have you ever dreamt of riding a tank? Now you have got the chance to do it. The times when this sort of simulation was highly complex and enormous complicated are over. This game differs completely from the others and captivates with its intuitive and easy to learn gameplay. Furthermore it gives you the opportunity to move virtually free in a vast 3D landscape.

Depending on the task your mission can be the most perfect and precise completion of a contract or a demonstration of the highest possible destructiveness. Two different kinds of tanks as well as the varied level design guarantee a long lasting fun factor for all fans of these big machines.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVVS42rt1go

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Hellsau posted:

The 50B is totally bananas, and also is going on sale for the On-Track for the next two weeks. Get it.

My concern about buying the 50B is that I rarely play 10s. I play 9s because people need to grind them, 8s for the same reason, but 10s are prohibitively expensive. They can be fun but nobody I play with (except you) plays them.

Does the 30% discount on T8 premiums extend to 6 or 7? I kind of want to buy the SU-100Y or SU-122-44.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Hazdoc posted:

:siren:Take the IS-7 line!:siren:

The key problem is the gun unlocks on the IS-4 line, if you go up it first you end up driving the T9 ST-1 with a gun found on the T7 tanks. It's dire, although you can free XP it if you really want, to I guess. In general it's more interesting to play the faster IS-7 line because you can move around and affect the battle more, it also means when you are playing stock tanks with bad guns as you will be on your first line you are more likely to be able to flank stuff or get to areas with lighter tanks to bully.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

I definitely prefer the IS line. I played through it years ago, but the IS and IS-3 are fantastic. I've been playing the KV-85 a lot lately and I really like it too. Use the 100mm on it. The 122 takes about 3x as long to load for an extra 75% damage, and I'm pretty sure the 122 takes significantly longer to aim and is less accurate.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
OK, that makes sense. I'll hit the IS line first, then. Being more maneuverable seems to help with not getting dunked on by SPGs and TDs, too, so thats a plus. I'm really liking heavy tanks, I can slug it out with other tanks and not get instakilled randomly by rear end in a top hat TDs on the other side of the map. And bouncing poo poo is always fun.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Hazdoc posted:

I think the 57mm on the KV-1 is a good gun, but I preferred the 85mm while using it. The gun has a fast enough ROF to brawl if necessary, but you can shoot someone and duck back into cover if needed. Also, sometimes you only have time for a single shot, and I'd rather do 160 then 80.
The 122mm is fun if you have the credits to shoot HEAT when necessary, or if you feel like rolling the dice and hoping you are top tier against a lot of tier 3/tier 4 tanks. Then you can bloop the poo poo out of people.
Although the 122 is a lot better on the KV-1S, since you can get back into cover after firing and you are fast enough to catch up to people to finish them off. Also its hilarious.

As far as lines, the KV-1S-KV-85-IS line is probably a better choice. You have a faster tank so you can react to changes quicker, you have enough armor that people have to take a second to aim and you have great firepower.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Doesn't it say in the OP to do the KV1 to IS3 line first?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

How much does a T10 get discounted by in the On Track event? I'm thinking about playing nothing but premiums for a few weeks in case I decide to buy the 50B.

edit: They don't do discount packages on gold ever, do they? I want to buy some gold and premium but I don't want to find out tomorrow that they've done a big discount just after I dropped money on the game for the first time.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jun 2, 2016

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

CitizenKain posted:

I think the 57mm on the KV-1 is a good gun, but I preferred the 85mm while using it. The gun has a fast enough ROF to brawl if necessary, but you can shoot someone and duck back into cover if needed.

I refer to 57mm equipped KV-1 with a rammer as the Poor Man's Church III. It's really funny and a mindfuck to your opponents in many games. But of course it is useless if you are bottom tier.

Try to explain to many a goon you're doing it because it's funny and they just babble you shouldn't and numbers. rip internet comedy forum

Cardiac posted:

Doesn't it say in the OP to do the KV1 to IS3 line first?

Yeah, but reading is hard and it actually can be a good idea to check after every big patch cause that stuff can shift. Not that line though. That line will always be people's stronk mlg line of the great Mother Russia. :ussr:

Edit:

22 Eargesplitten posted:

How much does a T10 get discounted by in the On Track event? I'm thinking about playing nothing but premiums for a few weeks in case I decide to buy the 50B.

edit: They don't do discount packages on gold ever, do they? I want to buy some gold and premium but I don't want to find out tomorrow that they've done a big discount just after I dropped money on the game for the first time.

Check the main WoT site for discount news. I think details drop on the 3rd for the On Track event.

And gold does get fairly regular bonus deals. Generally it will be that you get extra for using certain payment methods. It cycles which one and shows up every two or three weeks. It will be things like paypal, amazon payments, sprint bullshit bux, and such. Generally unless there is a tank you want and can't get any other way always just buy gold, and always do some simple math to check bang for your buck unless you got oil money/lawyer cash or whatever and don't need to care.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 2, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

McGavin posted:

:siren:Straight off the bottom of the last page, it's my modpack for 9.15!:siren:

Contains:
XVM
Scope shadow removed
Battle assistant
Accurate damage indicator
Repair timer
autoequip camo/binocs/toolbox
Enhanced autoaim
Session stats
Dead white tanks
Received damage announcer
Metal Gear 10 second 6th Sense

I just installed this. Can I just drop a mod that gives the name of the tanks in the scoreboard on top of it? Also, how can I get rid of the giant red screen flash every time I get hit? I looked in the game settings to make sure that's not a default thing. It really freaks me out and makes me miss shots because I jump a little bit every time it shows up.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Well, I'm basing my view of the VK4503 on the fact that none of the typical WoT streamers have previewed the tank yet. People keep saying the IS-3A is 'okay,' but Russian heavy trainers are kind of covered in the C3, KV-220, and KV-5. The Scorpion is one of those 'when's the last time anyone said that they *really* need a US TD trainer' tanks, the same could be said of the KJPz, the STA-2 is 'meh,' and the Panzer-58 is 'just another German premium medium.'

:nallears:

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Join our team for tonight's daily tourney and win some gold:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000224/team/1000049419/

password: pansy

(but hurry, registration is about to close)

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 2, 2016

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Captain Blaargh posted:

I refer to 57mm equipped KV-1 with a rammer as the Poor Man's Church III. It's really funny and a mindfuck to your opponents in many games. But of course it is useless if you are bottom tier.

Try to explain to many a goon you're doing it because it's funny and they just babble you shouldn't and numbers. rip internet comedy forum

Comedy is sometimes the best reason to do a thing. Also the 57mm on the KV-1 is actually better then the 6pdr on the Church3, plus you are on a better tank. Buuuuuuuut, seeing tier 7's who give no fucks about losing 80 health a shot isn't great.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I just installed this. Can I just drop a mod that gives the name of the tanks in the scoreboard on top of it? Also, how can I get rid of the giant red screen flash every time I get hit? I looked in the game settings to make sure that's not a default thing. It really freaks me out and makes me miss shots because I jump a little bit every time it shows up.

You should be able to drop whatever you want on top of it and it should work, you can just reinstall if something breaks. I don't have a giant red screen flash when I get hit, but it sounds like you're missing a texture, probably for the damage indicator. It should be in the pack, so try reinstalling and see if that fixes it.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Okay, thanks.

I'm also going to see if I can get the muzzle flash hiding mod. That's not a banned mod, is it?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Okay, thanks.

I'm also going to see if I can get the muzzle flash hiding mod. That's not a banned mod, is it?

I'm pretty sure you can turn off muzzle flash in settings somehow, but it also might affect other things. I play with weird graphics settings, so I don't have any grass or smoke or poo poo to get in the way of me shooting tanks.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Does the 30% discount on T8 premiums extend to 6 or 7? I kind of want to buy the SU-100Y or SU-122-44.

Typically it's a 30% discount for T8 premiums and a 50% discount for select or all T2-T7 available in the in-game store.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

McGavin posted:

I'm pretty sure you can turn off muzzle flash in settings somehow, but it also might affect other things. I play with weird graphics settings, so I don't have any grass or smoke or poo poo to get in the way of me shooting tanks.

Well I got the smoke effect off, but I can't figure out how to get rid of the red flash. I renamed the damage indicator file, but that's just the one that shows exactly where you got hit from. I didn't get it with the OMC mod pack, maybe I'll see if I can find that setting in there somewhere.

Cool about the T2-7 sales. Maybe I'll be able to buy both the SU-100Y and SU-122-44. I probably shouldn't, though. The SU-100Y is just so much fun, it's got a T34 rate of fire, but also even more damage than a T34 at two tiers lower.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 2, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Considering how badly they botched their anniversary sale/event, I don't know how much stock you should put into expecting a sale for July 4th. It would be a colossal mistake to miss out on sales from the second biggest US holiday, but hell Wargaming have made some interesting decisions lately.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I bet they'll be on top of Hitler's B-Day like flies on poo poo.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Nenonen posted:

What are you nerds doing playing WoT when Military Life: Tank Simulator has been released?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVVS42rt1go

would play this for the more realistic tree sturdiness plus drift at any speed excitement

NotWearingPants posted:

Join our team for tonight's daily tourney and win some gold:

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000224/team/1000049419/

password: pansy

(but hurry, registration is about to close)

wife says no, paint laundry or else sry

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Congratulations on earning 2nd place for the Heavy Throwdown.
Your account has been credited with your 400 gold.
-Wargaming America eSports

Yay, finally.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Congratulations on earning 2nd place for the Heavy Throwdown.
Your account has been credited with your 400 gold.
-Wargaming America eSports

Yay, finally.

I placed first in my group! :hfive:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I got a whopping 50 gold for 7th place. That's what I get for actually playing tournaments instead of forcing draws, reaping technical victories and being rewarded 300 gold. :smith:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Captain Blaargh posted:

I placed first in my group! :hfive:

Maybe it will be a week or so when we get our group reward.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I got a whopping 50 gold for 7th place. That's what I get for actually playing tournaments instead of forcing draws, reaping technical victories and being rewarded 300 gold. :smith:

The 1v1 was a loss for both players if it was a draw. You had to play.

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Guy complains about SU-152 shooting him while moving, gets trolled, gets mad.

Edit: gently caress what do I do

LostCosmonaut fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Jun 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Exactly. Forcing draws against anyone with a remote chance of beating me, grabbing a few technical victories and stomping two terrible pubbies is what got me 2nd (3rd?) place last tournament.