Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

VideoGames posted:

What the heck is this?

Might be a spoof quote from somewhere, or it might be someone for whom English is not a first language or both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Here's hoping it's the guy Hole Squad murdered yesterday then came into mumble to yell at us for killing his neut alts, he was a fun time

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
honestly not even one of the worst posts in recent history

this thread :classiclol:

Vando posted:

Here's hoping it's the guy Hole Squad murdered yesterday then came into mumble to yell at us for killing his neut alts, he was a fun time

Is that the backstory on those two ex-CO2 jspace kills that got posted?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Morris posted:

Is that the backstory on those two ex-CO2 jspace kills that got posted?

Yeah, to paraphrase: "what's wrong with you, do you not even check my corp history before shooting?" "lol no"

I mean he was really dumb in other ways (semi-afk shooting a POCO with Ishtars, he considered the idea of checking dscan more than 'every minute or so' to be 'retarded') but expecting anyone to look up that poo poo is just bananas.

He died really fast :black101:

Vando fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Jun 2, 2016

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

frozenpussy posted:

The odd part is the reg name matches a character in goonswarm.

To be fair, it's a character in Valar Morghulis.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Vando posted:

Yeah, to paraphrase: "what's wrong with you, do you not even check my corp history before shooting?" "lol no"

Who the gently caress has time for that?

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

Vando posted:

Shoot first, work out if they're blue later.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I always check corp histories so I know just which racial and bigoted slurs I need to toss at them for the most effective rage.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Shoot a blue, tell ... oh.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

harlyq posted:

Blap blap blat toot toot

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

hailthefish posted:

Shoot a blue, tell ... oh.

I do kinda wish someone had an api for Vile Rats account and could upload his mails to eve skunk or something just because I can only imagine the loving hilarity of some of the mails people have sent

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

harlyq posted:

Blap blap blat toot toot

cyka blyat toot toot

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
There's an r/eve post about GSF not chasing sov. lol

the flair is PL

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Complains about people being derisive and immature. Is the only person on Elysium that unironically complains about "SJWs".

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

good guy dbrb

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

There's an r/eve post about GSF not chasing sov. lol

the flair is PL

They must've discovered how much it sucks when your enemies dont have anything you can hit and your only ~content~ hinges upon them undocking :shobon:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

They must've discovered how much it sucks when your enemies dont have anything you can hit and your only ~content~ hinges upon them undocking :shobon:

"oh, poo poo you're right drat sov I almost forgot let me get right on that."

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
So PL is still among the most highly ranked alliances on zkillboard and battleclinic, where is ~the imperium~ on those?

There's so much smugging in this thread but not the skill to back it up.

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug
You can't compare a Corp to an alliance, doofus.

Check against GoonWaffe

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Landsknecht posted:

So PL is still among the most highly ranked alliances on zkillboard and battleclinic, where is ~the imperium~ on those?

skill

there is no skill in EVE. you scout the enemy's fleet and take the fight or don't. If EVE was twitch based or somehow dependent on skill you wouldn't have 40 year olds playing it.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

Unironic kbstats post. Pretty sure the founding ethos of GSF is being bad at eve which makes it all the more funny when the elite raiding guilds get buttfucked.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
The only games with a slower pace than EVE are like, RISK and Monopoly

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
poo poo there I go again

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 2, 2016

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

p7hk9 posted:

You can't compare a Corp to an alliance, doofus.

Check against GoonWaffe

...What? PL is an alliance. GoonWaffe is a corp. If you're going to refute him, don't do it in a way that makes you look even dumber and wronger.

For example:
"Killboards were totally meaningless during the worst month for killboard stats in PL history, but now that May's over, you care about them again?"

or:

or:
"PL still desperately trying to sound cool by bragging about being better at EVE Online: A Terrible Game than the people who openly profess to be terrible at this bad game, news at 11!"

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

frozenpussy posted:

skill

there is no skill in EVE. you scout the enemy's fleet and take the fight or don't. If EVE was twitch based or somehow dependent on skill you wouldn't have 40 year olds playing it.

I dunno, I was always partial to some elitepvpers from another game :finland: Maybe you are just bad @ eve friend.

https://zkillboard.com/character/592170048/
https://zkillboard.com/character/1753084147/

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

jm20 posted:

I dunno, I was always partial to some elitepvpers from another game :finland: Maybe you are just bad @ eve friend.

https://zkillboard.com/character/592170048/
https://zkillboard.com/character/1753084147/

You can scout your prey and pounce when you know you'll win. That's not skill it's the recognition I mentioned, of knowing when you can take a fight.

You seem to suggest you can somehow turn and juke your way out of a losing situation and turn it into a winning one, which is false

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Orange Red Bull posted:

Unironic kbstats post

Baited on a free can

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

fart fart toot toot :gas:

Landsknecht posted:

help this post is so ironic it sounds serious

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

frozenpussy posted:

You can scout your prey and pounce when you know you'll win. That's not skill it's the recognition I mentioned, of knowing when you can take a fight.

You seem to suggest you can somehow turn and juke your way out of a losing situation and turn it into a winning one, which is false

Did you miss the part where they both go on the same fleet ops as everyone else? What about Zataaki, before your time?

You can very much juke your way out of a losing situation, otherwise how would people fight outnumbered and win :3:

If you aren't shy, I'd love to see your killboard(s).

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

Baited on a free can

is this the new: guys guys i was just trolling

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Landsknecht posted:

The funny thing is, people like you don't even realize that you're the ones :airquote:smugging:airquote: all over this thread.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

jm20 posted:

Did you miss the part where they both go on the same fleet ops as everyone else? What about Zataaki, before your time?

You can very much juke your way out of a losing situation, otherwise how would people fight outnumbered and win :3:

If you aren't shy, I'd love to see your killboard(s).

I'm not. You?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hailthefish posted:

...What? PL is an alliance. GoonWaffe is a corp. If you're going to refute him, don't do it in a way that makes you look even dumber and wronger.

For example:
"Killboards were totally meaningless during the worst month for killboard stats in PL history, but now that May's over, you care about them again?"

or:

or:
"PL still desperately trying to sound cool by bragging about being better at EVE Online: A Terrible Game than the people who openly profess to be terrible at this bad game, news at 11!"

Zkill isn't accurate with most of its stats though due to people not putting their APIs onto it. Hope this assists you in your argument.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Ah yes, PL with their special "custom" kb

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Orange Red Bull posted:

Ah yes, PL with their special "custom" kb

is there anything special with the PL KB?

it still displays my losses to NPCs

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Unfunny Poster posted:

Zkill isn't accurate with most of its stats though due to people not putting their APIs onto it. Hope this assists you in your argument.

Pretty sure zkill now pulls all killmails from crest hourly so doesn't rely on people having registered their old APIs any more.

Show me a kill that isn't captured and I will accept that I was wrong

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Pretty sure zkill now pulls all killmails from crest hourly so doesn't rely on people having registered their old APIs any more.

Cite where it says it does that.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
lot of burden of proof up in this mug

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Whole lotta bad posting from both sides right now tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Kalenn Istarion posted:

My losses are not accurate from 2008.

frozenpussy posted:

I'm not. You?

Seems to be missing a link on your end :confused: You are also free to explain why you truely believe players like Zataaki, or the paragonWoW guys, or even Garmon are not skilled in comparison to yourself or your 40 year old man eve demographic you think is top tier.

• Locked thread