Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

I'm genuinely worried that MBMBaM will devolve into a "dads talking about their kids/parenting" podcast.

Yes, yes, I know it's practically memetic at this point, but I've gone through enough frustration with favorite indie comedians who swear up and down that being a dad won't change their acts/they'll complain about how annoying "dad comedian" humor is and like two years later they're wearing plaid shirts and talking about how little Timmy took his first steps or some really cutesy anecdote about something young Mandy did. They lose all their edge and it's really unfortunate, pretty much the only person I've seen transition to "being a dad" humor well was Patton Oswalt and that was largely because he still made it about how much of a depressed fuckup he was, and how he suddenly had obligations to be a happier person beyond himself. Pretty much everybody else just loses their edge and what makes them compelling, and I really hope that doesn't happen with my three favorite goodboys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Toxxupation posted:

I'm genuinely worried that MBMBaM will devolve into a "dads talking about their kids/parenting" podcast.

Yes, yes, I know it's practically memetic at this point, but I've gone through enough frustration with favorite indie comedians who swear up and down that being a dad won't change their acts/they'll complain about how annoying "dad comedian" humor is and like two years later they're wearing plaid shirts and talking about how little Timmy took his first steps or some really cutesy anecdote about something young Mandy did. They lose all their edge and it's really unfortunate, pretty much the only person I've seen transition to "being a dad" humor well was Patton Oswalt and that was largely because he still made it about how much of a depressed fuckup he was, and how he suddenly had obligations to be a happier person beyond himself. Pretty much everybody else just loses their edge and what makes them compelling, and I really hope that doesn't happen with my three favorite goodboys.

It's very important that these internet comedians live their lives according to what is best for you in particular

Serf
May 5, 2011

Pray tell what sort of "edge" the McElroy brothers have.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Reminder that Justin McElroy having a kid just meant he was free to live the Jimmy Buffett-Lovin' Big Dog Shirt-Wearin' Dad Life he'd been living for years anyway

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Toxxupation posted:

good fuckin god

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
One thing I wouldn't be surprised to see is that they might not have the time to do Adventure Zone Nights like they wanted to once the kids are born, but I can't imagine them getting any less funny. Justin only ever talked about being a dad when the question merited it, I can't imagine the other brothers being any different.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

Which comedians hurt you?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
justin talks about being a dad so infrequently that i literally can't remember if he has one kid or two

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

abraham linksys posted:

justin talks about being a dad so infrequently that i literally can't remember if he has one kid or two

Two, his actual child and the invisible one that has made him a dad for the entirety of the podcast

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I literally didn't remember which one was already a dad, also MBMBaM isn't about pushing the envelope in that kind of way, also any comedian who relies upon "edge" to be funny is not a good comedian.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

MBMBaM is good clean fun, except with swears and butts.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Waffleman_ posted:

MBMBaM is good clean fun, except with swears and butts.

sometimes i hink "are they filling up my earholes a bit too much with this penis talk"?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I hope this show goes on long enough that they find a Neo Yahoo Answers question that they figure out, over the course of reading it aloud, that it is one of their children.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/100ftrobotgolf/status/738414470838394880

No loving way.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

:chanpop:

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Well guess I'm definitely buying this game now.

I know Justin provided some ambient voices for Roundabout, but it seems like just about everyone did. This is great.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

this isn't april fools

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If you're worried about dad talk go back and listen to Glass Shark, Justin opens up the show with some dad anecdotes and still is extremely funny. That is one of the best episodes of the entire podcast too.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Toaster Beef posted:

Reminder that Justin McElroy having a kid just meant he was free to live the Jimmy Buffett-Lovin' Big Dog Shirt-Wearin' Dad Life he'd been living for years anyway

Reminder that Clint McElroy is the best McElroy and he's been a dad since the dawn of time.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I thought that game looked kinda cool, but needed an excuse to buy another golf video game. I guess I've found my excuse now.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
THE MCELROYS AND MEDIBOT IN THE SAME GAME

HOW AM I GOING TO DEAL WITH THIS?!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

too bad its a VR only game

Toxxupation posted:

look at all those words

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

fatherboxx posted:

too bad its a VR only game

It's not. You can play on a TV with a controller.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

frankly i found the latest griffin's so-called goofer in poor taste, he violated his journalistic integrity by portraying a phony life and death struggle and the loss of a dear friend also the dark orb graphic was scary

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Toxxupation posted:

What the actual gently caress is wrong with you.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Roach Warehouse posted:

frankly i found the latest griffin's so-called goofer in poor taste, he violated his journalistic integrity by portraying a phony life and death struggle and the loss of a dear friend also the dark orb graphic was scary

Do you think the dark orb could use Griffin's terminal to bring itself into the flesh world? I hope not, because that'd be incredibly irresponsible of Griffin to leave the terminal unattended like that.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Toxxupation posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SpacePig posted:

Do you think the dark orb could use Griffin's terminal to bring itself into the flesh world? I hope not, because that'd be incredibly irresponsible of Griffin to leave the terminal unattended like that.

Th McElroy brothers are really getting too dangerous, isn't this like the 5th world ending threat they brought to power?

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70utG1L5bfU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

mikeycp posted:

What the actual gently caress is wrong with you.

He's not wrong.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

He's not wrong.

I have heard the comedians + kids = lovely comedian bit before... in Patton Oswalt's standup. I can't think of any comedian whose product changed one way or the other after a kid, but I don't exactly follow the trade. Can you name any?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

poor life choice posted:

I have heard the comedians + kids = lovely comedian bit before... in Patton Oswalt's standup. I can't think of any comedian whose product changed one way or the other after a kid, but I don't exactly follow the trade. Can you name any?

Yea and hilariously this only really came true...with Patton Oswalt. I still love the dude as a comic and all but he for sure evolved into 'a ton of my comic bits are now about my kid/domestic life'. I can't think of anyone that actually happened to other than the dude who vowed to die before it happened...

SpacePig posted:

I thought that game looked kinda cool, but needed an excuse to buy another golf video game. I guess I've found my excuse now.

Also this. I was thinking 'I don't really NEED more golf even if this is a cool idea, maybe when a sale comes' but nope, nevermind that.

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
The DnD personal messages on TAZ are so cringe worthy. That one where a parent said they enjoyed fandoms with their kid... Jesus.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Maybe those messages would be better if their writers were playing with a different system.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Yeah. Maybe FATAL would be better

Visual Sneeze
Mar 4, 2008

Rose City 'til I die!

Wake_N_Bake posted:

The DnD personal messages on TAZ are so cringe worthy. That one where a parent said they enjoyed fandoms with their kid... Jesus.

I think they're sweet. :shobon:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
A pretty safe way to keep your kid from getting wholly devoured by a fandom is to participate in it with them. Being able to talk to them about a thing they like means they won't necessarily have to turn to weirdo strangers on the internet.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Plus once they realize their parent likes it too, they'll drop that poo poo faster than light.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

SpacePig posted:

A pretty safe way to keep your kid from getting wholly devoured by a fandom is to participate in it with them. Being able to talk to them about a thing they like means they won't necessarily have to turn to weirdo strangers on the internet.

Parents should be teaching kids media literacy but they have none themselves typically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The most hosed up part of this episode of The Adventure Zone is the implication that a goon would ever be popular and well-liked. I mean, come on.