Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

All-New All-Different Avengers #10

I will never not love the banter between Sam, Miles, and Kamala.

SilverSupernova fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Miles wondering how he was going to survive with no buildings to swing from in space was great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love Sam-Nova. loving love him. What a wonderful character.

Shocking considering who I am and who created him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, Sam is great.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

I was totally skeptical of Sam when he was introduced, especially because I'd already read a bunch of people eye rolling at the dead son thing, but he's been consistently fresh and well written.

I'm actually grateful that it's meant Richard Rider's sacrifice has been preserved and not comixxxed away as well

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Isnt he alive and well though somehow?

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

Isnt he alive and well though somehow?

Hard to tell. Bendis says he became immortal in the Cancerverse in a story which completely undoes the resolution of Thanos Imperative. The Nova tie-in to Black Vortex may or may not have retconned that away. Sam got to visit the Riders immediately after and it was kinda touching.

Honestly Rich was, and still is, one of my favorite superheroes. Sam has been a great replacement and as I said I love his banter whith the teen heroes in ANADA and with the childish adults in New Warriors.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SilverSupernova posted:

I really want them to team up with Laura.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Remember that summer when BSS became obsessed with calling him Dick Rider?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

People stopped?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

SilverSupernova posted:

Hard to tell. Bendis says he became immortal in the Cancerverse in a story which completely undoes the resolution of Thanos Imperative. The Nova tie-in to Black Vortex may or may not have retconned that away. Sam got to visit the Riders immediately after and it was kinda touching.

Unless I missed it, nobody's picked up on that thread Abnett and Lanning left about Richie's little brother being lost in space somewhere. I hope somebody does that story at some point.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I really want them to team up with Laura.

Are there any other teen/young adult legacies we could toss into a New Young Adjective Avengers team? (And no, the babby original X-Men don't count)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The all-new all-different Wasp? But then it looks like she's already gonna be on the ANAD Avengers.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'm digging Waid's take on Jan, by the way. Basically treating her exactly like Stark or Bruce Wayne.

Less vapid socialite jokes, more "Cute shoes kid, now ditch 'em, we got terrorists to fight..."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Gaz-L posted:

Are there any other teen/young adult legacies we could toss into a New Young Adjective Avengers team? (And no, the babby original X-Men don't count)

Cassie Lang? A time displaced Dannie Cage? Noh-Varr? She's older, but Rachel Summers?

Edit: Assuming they aren't all dead by the time Tom King wraps up his series, one of Vision's kids?

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jun 2, 2016

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Gaz-L posted:

I'm digging Waid's take on Jan, by the way. Basically treating her exactly like Stark or Bruce Wayne.

Less vapid socialite jokes, more "Cute shoes kid, now ditch 'em, we got terrorists to fight..."

Jan converted from "airheaded socialite" to "leader of the Avengers" in the '80s. Although it took a while for Hercules to warm up to the idea. :(

And the start of the next issue:

prefect fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jun 2, 2016

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

I want Rikki Barnes back. She was good fun despite being created in a massively lovely event.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

dordreff posted:

I want Rikki Barnes back. She was good fun despite being created in a massively lovely event.

And killed off in a lovely sequel. :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

dordreff posted:

:( :hf: :(, Nomad buddy.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

dordreff posted:

Oh God it's all four of us here, together.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

SilverSupernova posted:

Were I a more creative man, this would be prime material for the Ruining The Moment thread.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

SilverSupernova posted:

The follow-up to that is so good.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Wanderer posted:

Unless I missed it, nobody's picked up on that thread Abnett and Lanning left about Richie's little brother being lost in space somewhere. I hope somebody does that story at some point.

All Nova's are missing. I am pretty sure the Nova book is going to have him start to search for them.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

nerdman42 posted:

The follow-up to that is so good.

Didn't they use Mjolnir as the power source for their ship in JLA/Avengers? That and a Flash treadmill. I could be thinking of another spaceship.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

bobkatt013 posted:

All Nova's are missing. I am pretty sure the Nova book is going to have him start to search for them.

In the Original Sin tie in an alien said that the Nova Corps went en mass to the Cancer-verse to rescue Dick Ryder. No word on how that played out.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Wanderer posted:

I thought Darkhawk brought him home, without Namorita for whatever reason.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

The Question IRL posted:

In the Original Sin tie in an alien said that the Nova Corps went en mass to the Cancer-verse to rescue Dick Ryder. No word on how that played out.

Since it hasn't really come up again (as far as I know), I'm going to guess poorly.

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Whatever happened to Skaar, the Hulk's son?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Rhyno posted:

N-no, I have no clue what you mean. [TUGS COLLAR, DARTS EYES WILDLY]

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I will never stop laughing at that "Martyred for our Sams" image.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I don't remember if it was a panel or a page (maybe even a whole comic), but does anyone have that comic where a gritty, modern Batman is fighting the classic '60s version of the Penguin? Batman was thinking things like "I hear the vertebrae snap as I kick his spine" while the Penguin is going on about his umbrellas. I was talking about it with a friend earlier today and couldn't find it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Super Dan posted:

In the last Hulk run before Secret Wars, Hulk became smart and decided to depower all other Hulks in the name of science/peace. And he did, except for She-Hulk. I forget how that run ended.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gaz-L posted:

Since Cassie's back, you could bring back Kid Vision as well, since they had him backed up.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

prefect posted:

And the start of the next issue:

HOLY poo poo! Did the cabbie shoot him?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Super Dan posted:

As TwoPair mentioned, Hulk removed all of Skaar's gamma powers against his will. Then I think he gave him some money and let him go live his own life. Hulk asked if he still had his Oldstrong powers and Skaar said, "If I do, I'm not telling you."

"Smart kid."

The two main things I remember from that run were the final Hulk vs. Red Hulk fight, which deserves to be in the badass thread, and the short scene of Hulk having lunch with Hulkling, which definitely deserves to be in this thread.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Cangelosi posted:

HOLY poo poo! Did the cabbie shoot him?

The Masters of Evil beat the living poo poo out of him.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Skaar of the Old Power, would make a pretty great addition to a teen-team, even if he's not technically a teen or whatever, since I don't know his age at this point.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

KittyEmpress posted:

Skaar of the Old Power, would make a pretty great addition to a teen-team, even if he's not technically a teen or whatever, since I don't know his age at this point.

He's like 3.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

So his diction wouldn't be all that different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lurdiak posted:

He's like 3.

Perfect for a teen team, then, since everyone will draw him like he's 19