Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Raxivace posted:

So I wonder what the deal with Black Goku's earrings are.

Are they potara earings? Maybe he's trying to fuse with the Gokus from different timelines or something. Like I really doubt he's the Goku that died of the heart virus and was somehow resurrected.

I'm willing to stake that it's some one of the demons, like the kai-level ones, who fuses with Goku and takes over as the dominant side. Probably in an attempt to gain power somehow, because we all know Goku outclasses most of the celestial bureaucracy in terms of raw power, Beerus and Whis being the obvious exceptions.

Maybe there's some foul play at the upcoming pan-universal tournament and some evil schmuck from Universe 9 or whatever decides he (because it's always a he) wants more power, so he universe-hops back with Goku and earrings him unawares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Baal posted:

If Super was more dumb fanfic nonsense like this I'd have been on board long ago

Super is pretty much all dumb fanfic nonsense. That's why everything that's not a retelling of a movie is so good (outside of the last couple of episodes).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Augus posted:

Sean Schemmel is able to do dumb hick Goku perfectly fine, rewatch Battle of Gods if you need to

I've seen it relatively recently and I just don't think he does. He's good at doing the punchguy-heroic element of Goku and a good voice actor but as I said I don't think he captures that element at all. You're free to disagree and I'll gladly check out clips I may have missed that show it off better than I remember!

Mordaedil posted:

Superman was raised by farmers, could just do a Kent impression.

I don't think it makes a lot of sense for Goku to vanish into a tornado in front of Gohan. :colbert:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

ImpAtom posted:

Eh, we'll have to agree to disagree on that. I don't think he's done a great job of that element of Goku and honestly I feel like the dub mostly exercised it entirely. (It isn't just him, Chi-Chi is the same way where she's just Angry Wife in the dub.) I doubt anyone who only watched the dub would tell you Goku and his wife were basically Country Folk.

Chi-Chi is p much just stereotypical portrayal of an overbearing japanese wife/mom in the Japanese version too.

As someone's who's watched both the Dub and Sub of this dumb show so many times, there really isn't much of a difference in portrayal of the characters.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think it makes a lot of sense for Goku to vanish into a tornado in front of Gohan. :colbert:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I've always known Goku was bad and I'm glad canon is now brave enough to agree with me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Raxivace posted:

Are they potara earings? Maybe he's trying to fuse with the Gokus from different timelines or something. Like I really doubt he's the Goku that died of the heart virus and was somehow resurrected.

The most notable thing to take away at the moment is that they're the same as Demigra's from Heroes/Xenoverse etc.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Raxivace posted:

So I wonder what the deal with Black Goku's earrings are.

Toriyama has clearly just lifted the plot of Jet Lis "The One". Black Goku is going from universe to universe using potaras to fuse with all of the alternate Gokus, in order to become the strongest fighter in all of existence!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v20Yc1RZjIA

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ImpAtom posted:

I've seen it relatively recently and I just don't think he does. He's good at doing the punchguy-heroic element of Goku and a good voice actor but as I said I don't think he captures that element at all. You're free to disagree and I'll gladly check out clips I may have missed that show it off better than I remember!

I feel like, especially as of now, he's really good at nailing the idiot side of Goku. He just feels more dumb fightman than country hick.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I think the writers of Z didn't fully embrace the dumb hick side like they did when Kai rolled around. In Z he was that world's Superman. In Kai he becomes dumb but kindhearted punchman.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

spoilers for the next arc

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Good

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mai's looking great for someone who's like 60. Not as good as Bulma's hot mom though, who's like 80 or so.

Bulma probably has to notice that Trunks' Girlfriend looks exactly like the chick that stole the Dragonballs from her as a teenager. She's gonna be so disappointed in Trunks for dating a villian.

*It obviously runs in the family.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

I'd be very happy if there was a villain they dealt with by just shooting their rear end.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Are we gonna get future Pilaf too??? :pray:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I hope Mei's shotgun is strong enough to keep up with Goku and Vegeta's power level.
Make it a Super Shotgun.

...Super Shotgun 2
Super Shotgun 3
Super Shotgun God
Super Shotgun God Super Shotgun (aka Super Shotgun Blue)
Kaioken x10 Super Shotgun Blue

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

mabels big day posted:

Are we gonna get future Pilaf too??? :pray:

Future Pilaf as the grizzled, eyepatch-wearing leader of the resistance.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

You can see both sides of Black Gokus face in this pic. Hes wearing only a single fusion earring. Might mean he actually is some kind of amalgam Goku, stealing alternate Gokus for power.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

http://teamfourstar.com/video/dbza-episode-53-body-templeotrunks/

Also new DBZA up.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 2, 2016

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I thought the new DBZA was really good! Not a lot of jokey jokes, ending aside, but a really good plot episode. Seeing Goku's savant half is always interesting.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I'd love for that shotgun to be useful for something, but it won't be.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

I thought the new DBZA was really good! Not a lot of jokey jokes, ending aside, but a really good plot episode. Seeing Goku's savant half is always interesting.

I think Cells brutal and constant owning of Trunks was all the jokes we needed.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
16 was great too.

"THAT STILL DOESN'T MAKE US FRIENDS."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'M TRYING 16!

That was the only laugh I got but it was pretty good

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Tien is also consistently good despite not being plot important

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

Tien is also consistently good despite not being plot important

In DBZA or the actual show or

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Burkion posted:

In DBZA or the actual show or

Both really

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

"What channel!" got me more than anything else in the episode.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Temple'o'Trunks takes me way back.

e: Perfect Cell is fuckin great.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 2, 2016

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Temple'o'Trunks takes me way back.

e: Perfect Cell is fuckin great.

I thought the exact same thing. I feel old as hell.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

There will never be enough Perfect Cell in these episodes.
Never.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Thought it was a good episode, Cell is great and 16 had a strong showing in this episode too.

"But not inaccurate"

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Shinjobi posted:

I thought the exact same thing. I feel old as hell.

I only know of it by proxy from the Daizenshuu/Kanzenshuu podcast

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
When I noticed the episode was called "Temple of Trunks", I expected a Bubba Trunks reference, unless I missed it, as I haven't visited the site in over 10 years. I remember thinking that the action figure photos they being amusing to my younger self in 1999/2000. I doubt they've aged well though. It does make me feel a bit old though.

I enjoyed the episode, hopefully Tien and Piccolo keep their commentary going during the Cell Games.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
TFS is doing an abridging contest thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfa6zIS-zpI

Let the bloodgates open. :unsmigghh:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Neo_Crimson posted:

TFS is doing an abridging contest thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mfa6zIS-zpI

Let the bloodgates open. :unsmigghh:

They are banning the making of DB Super: Abridged for this contest. It is lame :colbert:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rutibex posted:

They are banning the making of DB Super: Abridged for this contest. It is lame :colbert:

They don't do new things to avoid Funi and Toei from coming down on them like an asteroid in a disaster movie.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Besides parts of Super lean pretty heavily on the idea of self-parody anyway.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Covok posted:

They don't do new things to avoid Funi and Toei from coming down on them like an asteroid in a disaster movie.

The list seems to simply be anything the team has extensively worked on (like naruto, yugioh, hellsing and ff7) and any spin-off of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Im sure the final result will be fun, but I feel bad for tfs having to wade through 1000 different unfunny HunterxHunter and Jojos abridgeds

• Locked thread