Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

NTRabbit posted:

it's for Tier X only, so no ranked for me.

:wtf:

Ugh I don't like tier 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

My highest tier ships are all 7s, I can't even get through the gate

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

OK looking at it in-game I'm 99% sure that's all placeholder data, unless you expect every single rank to award 2,500 doubloons.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
Pretty sure that's just a placeholder. It's probably only 10 for moving from rank 2 to rank 1 or after you get rank 1. The listed rewards also have the rank 1 reward listed for them all too.

ranked details:

Brackets and ranks:
•Three tier brackets, 4 leagues: •Rank 22-16, tier 5-6
•Rank 15-11, tier 6-7
•Rank 10-6, tier 6-7
•Rank 5-1, tier 6-7
•Rank 1 - Tier 10 super league •The super league will enable rank 1 players to keep playing for the remainder of the season for additional rewards

Rule changes:
•We listened to player feedback and in this season the player with the highest experience on the losing team will not lose a star
•From Rank 10-1, you will no longer get a star when ranking up

Rewards:
•Camouflages and signals aplenty
•Achieve rank 15 or higher to receive the "Midway" participation flag
•You can win up to 3500 doubloons this season if you manage to reach rank 1 (1000 with rank 2 and 2500 with rank 1)
•Reaching certain ranks unlocks flags (which will only function for the duration of the season) which will reduce your repair costs by -5%, -10% and – 20% (rank 15, 10 and 5 respectively)
•If you reached rank one in the previous two seasons and manage to do it again, you will receive the USS Flint premium cruiser but lose the Jolly Roger II •​If you are not eligible to win the USS Flint in this season, you will be able to win it in future seasons, it will be awarded for winning more than one season in a row.

Dates:
•Season starts: 10.06, 06:00 UTC;
•Last battle can be played: 25.07, 05:30 UTC

Victor Surge fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 1, 2016

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
WoWs 0.5.6.1

Changes and Improvements
Balance changes to German cruiser "Admiral Hipper":

Hull (A):
Main Battery 2: A "dead zone" near the ship removed
Main Battery 3: Firing arc adjusted to 290 degrees
Hull (B):
Main Battery 2: Firing arc adjusted to 290 degrees
Main Battery 3: A "dead zone" near the ship removed
Hull (C):
Main Batteries 1, 2, 3, 4: Firing arcs adjusted to 290 degrees

Improvements of firing arcs for the old hulls (A) and (B), and a new hull (C) are designed to increase playability for the ship in all configurations.
Other Changes:

Fixed a bug that caused uneven allocation of ship spawn points at the beginning of the battle on the Trident map.
Fixed an issue that caused ships to appear underwater at the beginning of the battle on Trident map in some cases. [UPDATED]
When creating a division in the Ranked or Team Battle mode, the mode changes to Random Battle or Co-Op Battle if a player has game account of level 1-2.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
If you are interested in ranked I recommend getting it in early. Late season is plagued by shitters grinding 500 battles hoping to stumble on ranked one.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

jownzy posted:

If you are interested in ranked I recommend getting it in early. Late season is plagued by shitters grinding 500 battles hoping to stumble on ranked one.

Yeah I made that mistake for season two. Bad loving idea.

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

JuffoWup posted:

Speaking of CV being bad, how is strafing calculated? I've seen it at least once myself, but I've also seen videos of it as well where a strafe run did 0 damage.

it's still RNG based, but there's a cone in front of the lead fighter (not a rectangular lane like the indicator shows) where the RNG of the bullets hitting is much higher. As long as an enemy plane is within that, it'll be taking damage. Usually, strafe runs do 0 damage because the targeting indicator for the strafe is godawful and seriously misrepresents the way the strafing run works.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
The Mutsuki has never really felt like much of an improvement from the Minekaze, am I alone in thinking that?

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

jownzy posted:

fuuuuckkk I go on vacation for a week when it starts

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

NORTH KOREA IS ONLY KOREA.

CitizenKain posted:

The Mutsuki has never really felt like much of an improvement from the Minekaze, am I alone in thinking that?

Gives you access to Type 8 mod. 2 torpedoes with a 10 km range, which is a significant step up from 7 km on the Minekaze's Type 92.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Are any of the low-tier premium ships worth buying?

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Kim Jong ill posted:

Gives you access to Type 8 mod. 2 torpedoes with a 10 km range, which is a significant step up from 7 km on the Minekaze's Type 92.

torpedo spotting range is no longer based on the maximum range of the torps, right? That's what made me hate the higher-tier IJN DDs in beta.

Mutsuki has no other advantages over Minekaze and several downgrades, so the torpedoes really ought to be good.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

RandomPauI posted:

With gold doubloons, people seem to like the Campbeltown on the low end, and the Murmansk and Texas on the high end (if you don't already have a Murmansk) of 'low-tier' premiums.

The Molotov is also available in the ship-only package for like 7 1/2 more hours for $22.99, but it's very much an 'advanced' premium since it's made of paper but has lasers for guns.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

Vengarr posted:

torpedo spotting range is no longer based on the maximum range of the torps, right? That's what made me hate the higher-tier IJN DDs in beta.

Mutsuki has no other advantages over Minekaze and several downgrades, so the torpedoes really ought to be good.

Admittedly I'm a relatively new player of WoWS, but all my experience has been in Japanese DDs and to me anything that helps increases the 900m buffer zone between being the predator or the prey is a big bonus to me. Normally I straddle that buffer pretty closely, but occasionally I'll cop a battering when I suddenly appear as the only target in sight of a big group of BBs and CAs...

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Kim Jong ill posted:

The range bump is handy, but the reduced speed on the torps kinda hurts. Also I liked the 3x2 launchers more then the 2x3.

RandomPauI posted:

I like the Campbeltown so far. Its like a Wickes that trades a gun and torpedo volume for 7.5km torpedoes. Its too bad the launchers aren't centerline so you could shoot both out a side, but they have a good deal of traverse so its not too bad. But beating up on tier 3/4 battleships that aren't paying attention is pretty good.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kim Jong ill posted:

Type 8 mod 2 torps also require your target to be dumb as gently caress because they move at 59kts, giving your target ample time to do literally anything causing a miss.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

Type 8 mod 2 torps also require your target to be dumb as gently caress because they move at 59kts, giving your target ample time to do literally anything causing a miss.

I assume you've never watched Jingles. Or played WoT for that matter. The average player is borderline pants on head retarded.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rorac posted:

I assume you've never watched Jingles. Or played WoT for that matter. The average player is borderline pants on head retarded.

I play WoT and my play style there matches that description.

Kim Jong ill
Jul 28, 2010

Rorac posted:

This. Watching Jingles is how I learned to play WoWS.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So is the Indinapolis worth buying or should I just splurge on the Tirpitz instead?

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Handsome Ralph posted:

So is the Indinapolis worth buying or should I just splurge on the Tirpitz instead?

It is worth it but if you want to buy just one I'd say the Tirpitz will make you more money. Then again, it's all down to what captain you want to train too.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

I hope the Atlanta copy they give out for ranked comes with something special at least... like a smoke consumable.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Thanks pubbies!

250k dmg, High Calibre, Confederate and Close Quartersx2

Edit: In a defeat ofc.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

...So, reading through the Season 4 thread, it looks like the NA server is hosed in terms of ship reward unless WGNA fixes something fast? Or to summarize for those who haven't read through it, getting USS Flint requires you to have the Jolly Roger 1 & 2, with #2 being removed when getting the reward, and Jolly Roger 2 has never been handed out on the NA server.

Admittedly this doesn't matter for me this time around, as I've been too lazy to actually push up to Rank 1 in the past 3 seasons, but it's certainly interesting.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I don't understand what is happening, the profile screen says there is no ranked season running and the next launch date is unnknown, but I just launched a random battle in my Buddy only to be thrown into a ranked battle instead. How have they hosed this up now?

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

Vengarr posted:

They are not.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

My stats say I did reasonably well in the Mutsuki despite me hating every moment of it, but I'd put that down to the stupidity of your average battleship player rather than any good aspects of the ship.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I can't hit poo poo at long range so I've just been running up to cruisers in my Kongo and facefucking them with HE.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Out of idle curiosity, does anyone have any idea why the Kagero-class is lacking DP guns? Every single other DD around it, from Mutsuki through Shimakaze, carries them eventually, so it specifically lacking them is somewhat bullshit. Especially as it carried the exact same Type 3 (supposedly)DP guns as all the rest, so it's not even a matter of it having different guns. While I'm fully aware that you generally just want to turn the drat things off, there are some specific situations when you might want them, and the AA armament outside those is absolutely pathetic, both in range and damage.

Lady Morgaga
Aug 27, 2012

by Smythe

CitizenKain posted:

Mitsuki is sidegrade from Minekaze. She got 10km torpedoes that while an improvement it just not worth 100% increase in torpedo reload time specially when both of those ships can stealth torp. On other hand Mitsuki is my second best rated ship :shrug:.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lord Koth posted:

Out of idle curiosity, does anyone have any idea why the Kagero-class is lacking DP guns? Every single other DD around it, from Mutsuki through Shimakaze, carries them eventually, so it specifically lacking them is somewhat bullshit. Especially as it carried the exact same Type 3 (supposedly)DP guns as all the rest, so it's not even a matter of it having different guns. While I'm fully aware that you generally just want to turn the drat things off, there are some specific situations when you might want them, and the AA armament outside those is absolutely pathetic, both in range and damage.

A wikipedia sized grain of salt, but of the destroyers in the game, the Kagero apparently had a different turret mount that had 20 degrees less elevation than the Hatsuharu, Fubuki, and Shimakaze, so maybe that's why; late Fubuki and most Hatsuharu had a version that did -5° to 75°, Kagero had a later lightweight version that did -7° to 55°, and Shimakaze had the final version which did -7° to 75°.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 3, 2016

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger

-Troika- posted:

I can't hit poo poo at long range so I've just been running up to cruisers in my Kongo and facefucking them with HE.

Do this with AP and your battleship training will be complete.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

So it turns out that tier 10 battles can be actually fun if you take a division of three on voice chat into them.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm seeing people on post battle screen with ranks, and even I have rank 21, but according to the profile page there is no ranked season, and the ranked battles option on the battle type drop down in port is greyed out as unavailable, what the hell is going on?

e:Ok, so the ranked season doesn't start for another 4.5 hours, but the visible ranks are already on, and the ranked screen itself on profile says "no idea" instead of "4.5 hours calm your jets"

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Jun 3, 2016

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

wdarkk posted:

So it turns out that tier 10 battles can be actually fun if you take a division of three on voice chat into them.

Looking forward to seeing what kind of rewards you get in the super league once you've hit rank 1... and switch to all tier 10 gameplay.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

AFT or Demolition Expert on a Russian DD captain?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
For those about to ranked:

BB:
Nagato
CAs:
Myoko, Yorck (ensure there are no CVs in queue before bringing Sonar), Indianapolis
DDs:
Blyskawica, Kiev

Ships to avoid taking into Ranked:
General rule of thumb, take T7s. There is no T6 tech tree ship that offers an advantage over its T7 counterpart, except one: the Cleveland. The Warspite can work, but you'll be facing 16 inch guns that your armor won't repel that well, and the Colorado is really loving hard to cit with lesser caliber guns if I doesn't want to be. Be prepared.
Don't bring a Pensacola. Its AA is pointless in Ranked, as CVs are extremely rare. With it's abysmal concealment and armor, you'll be a prime target, and you won't be able to rely on not being focused, as this is RANKED. You also can't cap well, due to that abysmal concealment.
The Colorado is inferior to the Nagato. Its only advantages are heftier shells that pen better, but the accuracy is horrendous. You're also slow as poo poo, and that's not good for Ranked.
The Hatsuharu is... not a good boat. The Kiev will eat your lunch, and the Mahan is better at capping than you. Torpedoes are not very effective in Ranked if they don't go fast, and your torps don't go fast.
The Atlanta... yikes. You can make it work, but you're a floating gimmick. And half your gimmick is worthless, since CVs will be virtually non-existent. You should just bring a Schors if you want an anti-DD platform. Or an Indianapolis for that RADAR.
The Molotov could work. But then again, you are guaranteed to see T7s rolling around, and that includes the Myoko, which will be more than happy to plug you with AP, and the Nagato is NOT an inaccurate ship, unlike lower tiered battleships. The Molotov is also not terribly good at contesting points, due to poor concealment, which is an issue.

NTRabbit posted:

AFT. Demo expert, while nice, isn't good enough to take over extra range on the wonderful balllistics of the RUS DDs.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

From my experience with the kiev, either works, but I'd still probably go with aft for the range. You'll still be spotted and unable to invisi-fire, but the penalty and your gun range will be about the same so you can easily just drive away a bit to get out of spotting range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorau
Apr 28, 2008
I never bothered to climb the ranks. I'm still rank 21 and they want me to use t5-6 ships.

Warspite it is!