Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
I always type the cost in first because I'm super scared that I will buy too high or sell too low accidentally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Necc0 posted:

What happened

New NBC/WSJ/Marist College poll has Clinton only up by +2. It's caused the polling average on 538 and RCP to within 7.4 points, which for Bernouts basically means a Bernie lock. I thought the Hillary YES wasn't going to drop down to 70¢ again, but here we are.

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
REP.PREZPRTY16 dropped 5 cents today, and Trump President dropped 3. People in the comments are reacting but I don't see any news. Anyone know whats up?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

watwat posted:

REP.PREZPRTY16 dropped 5 cents today, and Trump President dropped 3. People in the comments are reacting but I don't see any news. Anyone know whats up?

That could be a bit of dumping for liquidity, or it could be reactions to Trump U being a boiler room scam factory, with admissions from former employees adding their voices to the scammed marks.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Yeah I'm guessing it's the Trump U stuff. Plus people may be coming to terms with the actual situation on the ground with the low-enthusiasm Republican establishment / uphill battle for the electoral college / Libertarian Party surge / cool off from Trump's surge after being declared presumptive nominee.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Necc0 posted:

Yeah I'm guessing it's the Trump U stuff. Plus people may be coming to terms with the actual situation on the ground with the low-enthusiasm Republican establishment / uphill battle for the electoral college / Libertarian Party surge / cool off from Trump's surge after being declared presumptive nominee.

the quinn poll with clinton up 4 came out today I think? I don't watch those markets so no idea if they actually bounce on every slight outlier poll six months in advance :shrug:

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx
Center for Politics has a prediction model that has Clinton winning in California by a mere 2 points. This is basically pushing the Clinton CA YES shares down into the high 60s. This is basically when I have to stop looking at that "Gain/Loss" field to keep from freaking out a little bit.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
I hate that point. "I'm down how much??" when I know I'm probably OK, just price fluctuations. But then memories of goddamned Oregon hit...

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

If I add up my shares in Cali Dem Primary, Johnson Fundraising, and Bernie NO in Dem Nomination, this is over half my holdings at the moment. So every time I log in, my negative number is way different and I think "lol what happened now".

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

e_angst posted:

Center for Politics has a prediction model that has Clinton winning in California by a mere 2 points. This is basically pushing the Clinton CA YES shares down into the high 60s. This is basically when I have to stop looking at that "Gain/Loss" field to keep from freaking out a little bit.

Low 60s, now. I'm now maxed.

Also, won again on the head-to-head polling market. Yeeee-haaaw

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vox Nihili posted:

Low 60s, now. I'm now maxed.

Also, won again on the head-to-head polling market. Yeeee-haaaw

what is so appealing about the low 60s price for a toss-up race, i don't get it

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Arkane posted:

If they were exchanging poll leads it'd be a toss-up

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Arkane posted:

I'm of the opinion that it is not a tossup, especially considering demographics. That said, Bernie seems to win the Asian vote? It could be a ride!

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

You know what's next to California? Oregon! :ohdear:

Two polls have bernie within 2 points, but everything else has Clinton up 5+. Might be a contest? But probably not. Still have half a week to go.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

OAquinas posted:

You know what's next to California? Oregon! :ohdear:

Oh lordy, Oregon . Trying not to let my nerves get to me on this.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

I'm of the opinion that it is not a tossup, especially considering demographics. That said, Bernie seems to win the Asian vote? It could be a ride!

Personally I'm eager to see if there's a sudden massive selloff after NJ wins it for her a couple hours before CA even closes.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Personally I'm eager to see if there's a sudden massive selloff after NJ wins it for her a couple hours before CA even closes.

Fwiw Clinton reportedly has a big lead in mail voting in CA. That will be counted first and may swing the market early.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Vox Nihili posted:

Fwiw Clinton reportedly has a big lead in mail voting in CA. That will be counted first and may swing the market early.

Yea even the polls with her only up 2 had her with a huge lead in 'already voted'. poo poo's gonna be fun tuesday.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

benchmark claims those polls routinely underrepresent latino populations. but you know, benchmark

538 has it at 94% clinton as well

either way, early reports are going to come in heavy clinton, which is going to swing that market, prob in the 80s. from there...who knows.

also, no exit polling

abelwingnut has issued a correction as of 19:49 on Jun 2, 2016

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Ryan made a statement saying that he'll vote for trump, which the market seems to think constitutes an endorsement. The rules are not clear.

e: Also, I held my ryan endore YESs, but I got in above 50 which was crazy. Small gain, hooray.

Trash Trick has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Jun 2, 2016

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Nevermind, his people just clarified w/ a "feel free to call it an endorsement".

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

a cop posted:

Nevermind, his people just clarified w/ a "feel free to call it an endorsement".

Lol.

thegoonofaudio
Mar 21, 2008
Am I wrong in thinking that just buying yes for Clinton and buying no for Bernie and Biden will lead to pretty easy money come Tuesday night?

https://www.predictit.org/Market/1232/Who-will-win-the-2016-Democratic-presidential-nomination

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

thegoonofaudio posted:

Am I wrong in thinking that just buying yes for Clinton and buying no for Bernie and Biden will lead to pretty easy money come Tuesday night?

https://www.predictit.org/Market/1232/Who-will-win-the-2016-Democratic-presidential-nomination

Buying Clinton Dnom has been free money since early 2015.

e: I don't see how anyone doesn't think the only way Clinton doesn't get it is if she drops out because of scandal, so imo there wouldn't be any change in response to election results.

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 20:58 on Jun 2, 2016

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

Shear Modulus posted:

Buying Clinton Dnom has been free money since early 2015.

e: I don't see how anyone doesn't think the only way Clinton doesn't get it is if she drops out because of scandal, so imo there wouldn't be any change in response to election results.

Free money, but slow money. No fun waiting until late July to cash out.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Good news for that goon that got torched by the fakeout Ryan endorsement: He just actually did!

..ah, beaten.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

OAquinas posted:

Good news for that goon that got torched by the fakeout Ryan endorsement: He just actually did!

..ah, beaten.

Market is panicking about the endorsement for whatever reason, made some money flipping No from 3c. Psycho-gambling.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
CA.MOV 3 pts market just opened :unsmigghh:

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Also, new market: MOV California >3% :unsmigghh:

Edit: VV Bernouts having their last hurrah. 2 polls came out with bernie trailing by MOE, which is the best he's done in Cali ever. So Clinton is less of a sure thing if you believe hard enough.

OAquinas has issued a correction as of 21:52 on Jun 2, 2016

Nirvikalpa
Aug 20, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a good reason that Clinton YES for the CA primary is in the 60s right now?

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Nirvikalpa posted:

Is there a good reason that Clinton YES for the CA primary is in the 60s right now?

She hasn't lost a single poll and the demographics are in her favor. Seems fair-ish. (I would argue something more like 70-30, but this is Predictit we're talking about here.)

e: Sorry if you meant that you think it should be a larger spread.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

field and marist polls have it close

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Nirvikalpa posted:

Same as before. Polls are moving this from a landslide to a narrow win.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

OAquinas posted:

Also, new market: MOV California >3% :unsmigghh:

Edit: VV Bernouts having their last hurrah. 2 polls came out with bernie trailing by MOE, which is the best he's done in Cali ever. So Clinton is less of a sure thing if you believe hard enough.

To be clear, Clinton in CA really isn't a sure thing. But it's probably 80% likely or better.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
What about New Jersey? Does Bernie have any chance there? Tempted to go all in on Clinton YES.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

FourLeaf posted:

What about New Jersey? Does Bernie have any chance there? Tempted to go all in on Clinton YES.

The predictIt MOV market for NJ is 10%, and they've been ridiculously on the nose with setting those. Not that it should mean anything, but...yeah, Clinton has that locked up tighter than Bill's black book.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

FourLeaf posted:

NJ is certain enough that Bernie supporters are preemptively complaining to the FEC (FCC?) about the medias coverage of it swaying CA.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
I see. Well now I'm wondering why it's at 93 and not 98.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

The outcome is pre-ordained. MOV market is at 78c yes, but a fair number of us got torched badly by the Oregon MOV market. It's one of those things that are either in the bag or the cause of your nail tech narrowing her eyes at you and shaking her head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
lol @ hillary.nom and dem.brokered being only $.03 apart

• Locked thread