Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Terrible Horse posted:

Assuming its only fed Magic cards, where would net even learn the word cops?

It doesn't learn words, exactly. It's just given strings, and it's up to the neural network to figure out what's important. In the same way it makes new sentences, it might also make new words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Plus, it's fetchable.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

odiv posted:

Plus, it's fetchable.

Holy crap you're right......A 0 mana 4/5.........Is this thing Vintage playable?

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Of course it would be. A 0 mana 4/5 unlbockable makes delver or
workshop look like a joke.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

sarmhan posted:

Of course it would be. A 0 mana 4/5 unlbockable makes delver or
workshop look like a joke.

I wonder if some enterprising soul has made a cube using all of the Robo Rosewater cards, it seems like the most broken fun thing ever.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Maybe?

https://twitter.com/thegeorgefan/status/732131209002684416

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Madmarker posted:

I wonder if some enterprising soul has made a cube using all of the Robo Rosewater cards, it seems like the most broken fun thing ever.

Everyone suggests this but I think it'd just be bad. Most cards don't function at all, and there'd be no balance, color pie, or actual design. You'd never get a single coherent game. Not just broken, but literally nonfunctional.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I would imagine the best result would be to take an actual cube and make it about 10-20% functional cards from RoboRosewater.

A lot of the most fun stuff would probably require some house rules / errata.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Dies to Flashfires, no thanks.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Terrible Horse posted:

Assuming its only fed Magic cards, where would net even learn the word cops?

Considering how mad the guy who runs the bot got when I suggested the bot was maybe posting cards he made up :v:

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

just rust posted:

Obtaining a Strawberry Julius and pretzel is a far greater victory than winning any game of Magic the Gathering.

That's why I was so excited! I got to play less Magic AND I got to get a delicious fake fruit drink-like thing.

Then they ruined it and I was forced to watch Dredge draw perfect and put 9 power into play on turn 2 twice in a row. How interesting.

mcmagic posted:

What REL level was it? I've had this happen alot.

Regular.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
OK, that They was kicked reminder text is legitimately funny.

Also if you want to do a dumb draft format just organize a reject rare draft. Best part is that if you just tell everyone to bring 45 rares they're OK parting with, you can make boosters out of those and take care of both entry fees and prize support in one fell swoop. Also no one will call for rare redrafting :can:

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

There is no way a Cat card that gives Birds haste is a "random" creation at all whatsoever.

I know it's fun to think these are all procedurally generated but I really, really doubt that's the case.

But it would be fun to see a card with Protection from Carl.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Madmarker posted:

Holy crap you're right......A 0 mana 4/5.........Is this thing Vintage playable?

Given that it's also a Wall, I doubt it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Telex posted:

There is no way a Cat card that gives Birds haste is a "random" creation at all whatsoever.

I know it's fun to think these are all procedurally generated but I really, really doubt that's the case.

One time it posted a 1 mana blue burn instant that did 5 damage to target creature or player, and then a red burn sorcery that cost 6 or something and did 1 damage to creatures. Without tagging the bot or anything I said that it was amazing that the bot knew mtg memes and the bot dude name searched to argue with me that it's all procedurally generated.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

C-Euro posted:

OK, that They was kicked reminder text is legitimately funny.

Also if you want to do a dumb draft format just organize a reject rare draft. Best part is that if you just tell everyone to bring 45 rares they're OK parting with, you can make boosters out of those and take care of both entry fees and prize support in one fell swoop. Also no one will call for rare redrafting :can:

I used to not like rare redrafting but I think it works well when you can't know exactly what kind of crowd is going to show up.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Eschatos posted:

It doesn't have defender :ssh:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I just figured the guy could be generating hundreds to thousands a day and picking out the funniest ones. But yeah, it could be BS.

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

Telex posted:

Why wouldn't they be. This thing creates probably several hundred cards per day and he cherry-picks the one he thinks are funniest/coolest

e: Also he links instructions to how you can setup and run the net yourself so.. why would he make up a bunch of random lovely cards?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The guy does select cards that he finds funny out of a large sample. I can believe he selected those ones because they fitted the meme.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Name searching to argue with people about the legitimacy of your bot just made me really skeptical.

Judd Stackington
Oct 27, 2015
Looks like Robo Rosewater isn't... sufficiently........ randomised.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Eschatos posted:

Its creature type is "All Creatures Plains." No wall in sight!

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

netcat posted:

e: Also he links instructions to how you can setup and run the net yourself so.. why would he make up a bunch of random lovely cards?

you're totally right, why would someone do a dumb thing to be internet famous, that seems ludicrous!

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I assume RoboRosewater kicks out like a million loving cards, and the ones that get tweeted are curated. So for every "cat gives birds haste" card there's like a hundred variations of "cret gives boids montainspolk" type nonsense.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
There's also different levels of the neural network, which is why they get different pictures. Desert Wooder was an advanced neural network, which means it's part of a batch of cards that were generated after a fuckload of time and generations it spent internally learning the rules of magic and templating and even English as a language and how it's used in relation to the words on the cards.

Edit: Basically Recurrent Neural Networks are loving magic and can and will make stuff like that.

mdct fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jun 2, 2016

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Some friends and I are gonna draft Modern Masters 2015 next weekend. I started playing last fall. What do I need to know other than "windmill slam Goyf/Karn/Mox Opal/Noble Hierarch"?

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Soul Glo posted:

Some friends and I are gonna draft Modern Masters 2015 next weekend. I started playing last fall. What do I need to know other than "windmill slam Goyf/Karn/Mox Opal/Noble Hierarch"?

MM15 Affinity was insane if you could draft it

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Judd Stackington posted:

Looks like Robo Rosewater isn't... sufficiently........ randomised.
No it's okay he pile shuffles the generator after every post.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

ThePeavstenator posted:

MM15 Affinity was insane if you could draft it

This right here. I think I did 5 paper drafts and only one of those was not affinity and that was the one I lost.

http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/a-pick-order-list-for-modern-masters-2015-draft/

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/modern-masters-2015-draft-archetypes
http://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/modern-masters-2015-draft-archetypes-part-2

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Soul Glo posted:

Force red/black.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

This is great, thanks

End of Life Guy posted:

Force red/black.

I mean, I do that for every set, regardless

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
No Banlist modern on Community Super League on wizards twitch channel right now. Get ready for some hot Misstep-on-Misstep action!

e: Blazing Infect vs 8post Eldrazi up first. If that makes sense to you you are a liar

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 3, 2016

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I

Sigma-X posted:

I assume RoboRosewater kicks out like a million loving cards, and the ones that get tweeted are curated. So for every "cat gives birds haste" card there's like a hundred variations of "cret gives boids montainspolk" type nonsense.

I think that's true but he also tweets many that are just gobbledegook thats not particularly funny

if RoboRosewater turns out to be another horse_ebooks I'm gonna lose it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

A big flaming stink posted:

No Banlist modern on Community Super League on wizards twitch channel right now. Get ready for some hot Misstep-on-Misstep action!

e: Blazing Infect vs 8post Eldrazi up first. If that makes sense to you you are a liar

Decklists from these don't get posted anywhere, do they?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Decklists from these don't get posted anywhere, do they?

the recording, I guess?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

A big flaming stink posted:

It makes sense to me v :shobon: v

If I was playing no banned list modern my first instinct would be Infect Shoal

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Soul Glo posted:

Don't draft The Sunburst Deck. Don't think that because Domain is open you can wheel the mana fixings and dive in. Don't try to be cute with Proliferate/Graft/Wither.

Most importantly, if you meet a Waxmane Baku on the road, kill him.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

8 post is basically a legacy deck to be fair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
And 8post wins when paul looks 13 cards into his deck for a blasphemous act and whiffs.

• Locked thread