Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Is "Needs better optimization" without giving any insight the new version of complaining about "Balance issues" without giving any examples? I keep seeing people whine that PD2 needs better optimization, but I know people running it on old laptops without a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

I would figure optimization would refer more to the patching process.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Plan Z posted:

Is "Needs better optimization" without giving any insight the new version of complaining about "Balance issues" without giving any examples? I keep seeing people whine that PD2 needs better optimization, but I know people running it on old laptops without a problem.

vox plays the game on a literal potato

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
where are you guys seeing the changes to the skill tree from the beta? The update page doesn't seem to have it.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Oh my goodness the Steakout is good again.

Running the Steakout with the anarchist deck and ICTV = out of control cop death.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

TopHatGenius posted:

Oh my goodness the Steakout is good again.

Running the Steakout with the anarchist deck and ICTV = out of control cop death.

Did they change anarchist deck so that armor regen isn't crazy slow with ICTV?

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Time to try my new anarchist suit minigun crit build

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Oh my god help I'm too fast in a fat man suit.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Well poo poo. Anyone else having loading issues? I've disabled all the mods, verified files and suchlike, but every time I try to start up a heist (or load into someone else's), it just hangs on the loading screen forever.

E: Nevermind, found the drat culprit.

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 2, 2016

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
With this new skills system, is there no more 'buy in'? Like, it seems like I can freely put points in as I like and pull them out later?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah, that's right. It's a lot easier to swap skills.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So i really haven't played since before the Safe's update, but my shootcops itch is really itching and with update 100, I figure why not.

I used to love an akimbo dodge/suit/fast build, is that still viable? If so, can someone throw me one?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Oh my god guys it's like the new system is much more flexible. Maybe we should have opted into the beta forever ago.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Is there a page somewhere I can see the new perk decks? Goonmod crashes that screen and I'd rather not have to disable it anytime I want to read perks. pd2skills isn't up to date.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Zigmidge posted:

Is there a page somewhere I can see the new perk decks? Goonmod crashes that screen and I'd rather not have to disable it anytime I want to read perks. pd2skills isn't up to date.

Disable the infamy outliner, iirc that's what fucks it up

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I hope now that the update is official we get a goonmod and pocohud update soon :3:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Grapplejack posted:

I hope now that the update is official we get a goonmod and pocohud update soon :3:

They should still be largely functional.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Oh my god guys it's like the new system is much more flexible. Maybe we should have opted into the beta forever ago.

yeah anyone who wasn't in the beta was a scrub, you guys have been missing out for weeks on The Good Times

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
So, this patch has a few differences from the beta. Inspire's the obvious one, but also:

- Dodge bonuses were reduced; sprinting is a mere +10% and crouching no longer provides a dodge bonus. Rogue (and Crook? probably, I dunno) had this 15% loss rolled into the perk deck so it evens out for those decks, but Grinder got absolutely nothing and Ex-President got a mere 5% increase (in a suit; in LBV it's a 5% loss from beta).
- Spotter (now High Value Target) aced now lengthens the time of the spot and auto-spots as if you had a Theia at all times.
- The skill at the bottom of the suppressor tree is now a fun speed boost when your armor breaks, and the "get shot at less" skill was rolled into the more concealable suppressors skill.
- +150% stamina for you and 50% for your team appears to be a freebie now, and acing the cable tie skill now gives you a tiny bit of damage absorption per hostage instead.
- Heavy Impact specifically mentions not affecting Bulldozers now, so that should suck less
- I think Muscle got another slight nerf? God forbid they make other perk decks worthwhile instead

and Bulletstorm as previously mentioned. Also they renamed a bunch of the skills/trees, which was mostly good but for some reason "Custom Ammo" is now "One Handed Talent" in the pistol tree. So, enjoy your masturbation jokes. I'm gonna go get mad at dodge nerfs.

e: also, the +5 bullets for pistols skill now properly follows Mag Plus rules; it no longer applies to revolvers, and akimbos get a double benefit on account of being two guns.

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jun 3, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ClonedPickle posted:

"Custom Ammo" is now "One Handed Talent" in the pistol tree. So, enjoy your masturbation jokes.

I have it on good authority they've realized their error and are changing it to "Well-Greased Chamber" in u101

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I kind of wish they'd make the entire pistol tree just be entirely masturbation euphemisms.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I thought "One-Handed Talent" was the reload skill, not the damage skill. Whoops.

"Explosive Load" maybe?

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

So i really haven't played since before the Safe's update, but my shootcops itch is really itching and with update 100, I figure why not.

I used to love an akimbo dodge/suit/fast build, is that still viable? If so, can someone throw me one?

I'm no expert, but this build should be a good start, with LBV and crook you get a lot of armor and still have a lot of speed.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Dr Cheeto posted:

I thought "One-Handed Talent" was the reload skill, not the damage skill. Whoops.

"Explosive Load" maybe?

Hot load or Overpressure, c'mon

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Psion posted:

Hot load or Overpressure, c'mon

Overpressure is just +P, what we need to be sufficiently payday is +P+, which also gives us the excuse to make a skill called +PRESSURE+

swims
May 5, 2014

Waiter, this band keeps shooting pearls at me.
"On the way"
Makes you faster

Aced is plural

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pulling it out
Big Loads \\ One In Each Hand
One Handed Talent \\ Filled Chambers
Dangerous Climax

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

^Perfect except it should be "Whip It Out"

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
GenSec on Overkill v1.22
http://www.mediafire.com/download/1c1mf4o7i7vdw9a/OVKGenSec_v1.22.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/lb1opnd4j82k9o4/OVKGenSec_v1.22g.zip

Updated like two numbers related to assault waves that I don't actually know what they do but it was changed this patch so yeah

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BLT/POCOHUD continue to work OOB. Poco isn't aware of the new inspire cool down but it won't crash you as HoxHud currently does everytime. I have a couple BLT based mods and they are still good.

Hidden weapon specs seem to be back. The accuracy/stability numbers lie so much that they are near useless for comparing guns.

Lock n Load is just insane with any rapid fire weapon especially LMGs as you can load the KSP almost as fast as the Commando. The skill also works with the piglet which lets you reload like a madman, However the piglet explosion radius has been halved and the damage drop off is pretty harsh. Auto shotgun + SG reload skill+ lock n loaded = throwing ammo into the gun as it is that fast is in sub second.

FAKs and uppers is just great if you know where to deploy them for you and the team. It even comes with a satisfying sound and a defence boost.

With the right skills you can play the game like Quake, so fast, reload in sprint, shoot in sprint, sprint in any direction. Just insane. Add the armour break speed skill and it just becomes uncontrollable, so fast you skid to a stop.

Pistols aren't really worth it anymore as it is just too much of an investment for a single weapon type. Shotguns are still good if you have something else to boost the damage but suffer from the same problem as you should build for it. The micro uzi is amazing, a weapon I never thought I would use. The P90 remains the most consistent gun update after update made exceptional with skills. MP7 is still good. Heather takes too long to reload even with LNL. MAC 10 is just awful. Tech 9 is great expect for a slightly long reload.

C4 for everyone!

SAW skills no longer such a dead weight. There are very few skills you "have" to get which is nice so you can concentrate on game changing skills. Good changes all round.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

The entire Oppressor tree is crazy. And fartgun builds are suddenly super-viable since it's far less costly to get them. Turrets are awesome, two jokers (and getting joker far cheaper!) are quite nice and I am absolutely loving both regenerating cable ties and grenades. This update is amazing.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Not sure if my shotgun build is good though. Even though its mostly just Enforcer with some Inspire and ghost speed.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Crabtree posted:

Not sure if my shotgun build is good though. Even though its mostly just Enforcer with some Inspire and ghost speed.

Try the silencer skills. Really. I was trotting around with a suppressed Steakout last night and it was hilarious how poo poo just melted.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Not really a big problem but pocohuds kill counter is way way off for basically the whole team. Can't figure out why, but certain shots on cops (not kills) are counting as kills.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

oohhboy posted:

FAKs and uppers is just great if you know where to deploy them for you and the team. It even comes with a satisfying sound and a defence boost.

We couldn't get them to trigger, how's the interaction with Swan Song? Does it just instantly refill your health with no animation? Does it consume a down?

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Poco his kill counter has always been off. Sometimes it is accurate. Other times well, not so much. Real downs are accurate. Uppers also don't count as downs at all. This might be the best time ever to get rbr.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

oohhboy posted:

Lock n Load is just insane with any rapid fire weapon especially LMGs as you can load the KSP almost as fast as the Commando. The skill also works with the piglet which lets you reload like a madman, However the piglet explosion radius has been halved and the damage drop off is pretty harsh. Auto shotgun + SG reload skill+ lock n loaded = throwing ammo into the gun as it is that fast is in sub second.

Lock n Load currently works with all weapons (that I've tested) which is probably a bug as it's meant to only be for ARs, SMGs and LMGs.

Leads to things like loading all 3 grenades into the China Lake while the animation only shows you inserting 2.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kikas posted:

We couldn't get them to trigger, how's the interaction with Swan Song? Does it just instantly refill your health with no animation? Does it consume a down?

It doesn't work with swan song. It is possible that it might (unlikely) work if you place it but it doesn't if you walk into it while I'm ss. You get a little audio cue when it invokes but that could be poco. If you want use it to dive off a high place and instantly recover, assuming that you preplaced it before hand.

Edit: Uppers will not save you from Cloakers or Tazer downs. How ever Shockproof is just unbelievable. Get Tazed? Spin and mash whatever key you set it to and escape.

oohhboy fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 3, 2016

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Kikas posted:

None.

Yes.

No.

So pretty good.

oohhboy posted:

The skill also works with the piglet which lets you reload like a madman, However the piglet explosion radius has been halved and the damage drop off is pretty harsh.

Pistols aren't really worth it anymore as it is just too much of an investment for a single weapon type.

Wait, where's the notes about the M32?

I disagree about pistols, the skills are pretty much entirely optional. The Stryc, Deagles, and revolvers remain great weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Inspired by Doom 2016, I decided to get all the reload speed and hip-firing/reloading skills. Reloading the Mosconi and RPG-7 in 1 and 2 seconds respectively is pretty fun. Along with Sociopath for the melee health regen, of course.