Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I legitimately don't know what just happened going 46/0 on Iilos as D.Va just now. I have never had a good game with this hero, then suddenly the best round I'll probably ever have.

Everyone was around level 40ish but it felt like playing against easy AI. I did nothing but boost behind their push and mow them down from behind. Figured it would work once, maybe twice, but it ended up working about six times.

;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Tom Gorman posted:

I legitimately don't know what just happened going 46/0 on Iilos as D.Va just now. I have never had a good game with this hero, then suddenly the best round I'll probably ever have.

Everyone was around level 40ish but it felt like playing against easy AI. I did nothing but boost behind their push and mow them down from behind. Figured it would work once, maybe twice, but it ended up working about six times.

Level just means time spent in the game, could be against AI instead of player.

Also, FFS game, stop booting me for inactivity when I'm still loading the map.

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?

Countblanc posted:

you know you've reached Max MMR when people are making stopwatch and scrim jokes in chat

and when Countblanc isn't in your game

Alkydere posted:

Level just means time spent in the game, could be against AI instead of player.

Also, FFS game, stop booting me for inactivity when I'm still loading the map.

this happens to me a lot on my poo poo PC, so I routinely have to hijack the girlfriend's, except she also plays Overwatch :(

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
48% win ratio. Feelsbadman. I'm still learning the game though so maybe this will improve.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Grammaton posted:

48% win ratio. Feelsbadman. I'm still learning the game though so maybe this will improve.

Two percentage points less than even is still pretty good.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I was at a 46% win rate back in beta for a long time. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

My genji winning streak became a losing one this morning. I figure I didn't have a team that was exploiting openings and or causing enough chaos themselves to draw people away from juicy back line targets.
He's a real work out, lots of movement. My hand kind of cramped last night.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

guts and bolts posted:

and when Countblanc isn't in your game

http://ascii-middle-finger.com/

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Grammaton posted:

You only care about it because other people can see it. In games that don't remember your win/loss ratio, do you actually care if you lose a game?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tom Gorman posted:

;)

I had two amazing games in a row (as D Va coincidentially) and then get switched into a server trying to support a team that inexplicably walks into a Bastion turret one at a time over and over until I just gave up and quit out. I don't think I've ever played a game like this that feels so swingy between and during each game. Maybe that is a good thing in some ways but it feels mainly like a function of not having matchmaking system yet more than anything.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Slime posted:

You only care about it because other people can see it. In games that don't remember your win/loss ratio, do you actually care if you lose a game?

i prefer to win and work toward accomplishing that goal when possible, in the video game

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Found the twitch recording of the streamer I dunked on and their whole team is just talking about me and how to stop me and holy poo poo I've never felt better at video games.

The guy isn't amazing or anything so it's not like it's a huge accomplishment but haha it's great. "THEY HAVE A SECOND PHARAH" "NO THAT'S THE SAME GUY"

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
That sounds hilarious, mind sharing the link?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Solumin posted:

That sounds hilarious, mind sharing the link?

https://www.twitch.tv/pinkwardlol/v/70119307 - Starts at 2:38:00. I begin as Winston and get wrecked. Warning, the weirdo screams a lot.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Alkydere posted:

"It's High-" NOPE! Is the funniest thing with McCree. Honestly despite his Ult being able to potentially snipe and one-shot every single player on an enemy team, I really don't mind it. Yes it's potentially ludicrously deadly, but it's also slow, telegraphed and gets a few points for being ridiculously thematically appropriate for the character. The only thing that pisses me off is his M2. ONLY thing. Of course that one thing is so goddamned BS it really does overshadow anything.

Oh, another thing I love about High Noon is how many people gently caress it up. I think my favorite killcams are when McCree High Noon's me, and only me, and then releases early so he has to cherry tap me with an M1 to finish me off.
I was defending on watchpoint: gibraltar by sitting on the payload as bastion and three times McCree tries to ulti from the overhead bridge while I'm in spitting distance of it only to get pasted by my minigun instead. Probably would've gotten it off if he'd just looked down and flashbang+fanned me one of those three attempts.

There's such an audio portion to ultimate warnings, it usually seems better to pop them from an unexpected direction than an optimal one. I seem to get more mileage from firing off a full pharah rocket barrage down a hallway rather than dying halfway through one from up above and McCree PotG ult replays I see seem to come from ground level with players weaving in and out of cover rather than a perfect sniper's nest set up.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I think a big problem in this game is footsteps are so loving loud. it's all well an d good to say that you can just flank the Widow but when she can hear you coming form 20 yards away and just turn round and shoot you in the face or grapple away that's not a very useful counter.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

CJ posted:

I think a big problem in this game is footsteps are so loving loud. it's all well an d good to say that you can just flank the Widow but when she can hear you coming form 20 yards away and just turn round and shoot you in the face or grapple away that's not a very useful counter.

Crouch walk then.

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

Slime posted:

I guess not. I need to remind myself this is a game and should be fun, not frustrating.

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

I'm terrible, but at least I'm streaming. https://www.twitch.tv/liebot

Add me or make fun of me in game Liebot#1822

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

yook posted:

I was defending on watchpoint: gibraltar by sitting on the payload as bastion and three times McCree tries to ulti from the overhead bridge while I'm in spitting distance of it only to get pasted by my minigun instead. Probably would've gotten it off if he'd just looked down and flashbang+fanned me one of those three attempts.

There's such an audio portion to ultimate warnings, it usually seems better to pop them from an unexpected direction than an optimal one. I seem to get more mileage from firing off a full pharah rocket barrage down a hallway rather than dying halfway through one from up above and McCree PotG ult replays I see seem to come from ground level with players weaving in and out of cover rather than a perfect sniper's nest set up.

Yeah, the real trick seems to be coming from somewhere unexpected. Especially since in this game so many ultimates have such LOUD callouts (which is part of the balance) that all of a sudden the entire team starts looking around. They're looking for the McCree standing alone in front of them or on a catwalk like he's in an old western, not one standing in the middle of the crowd or behind them shooting them in the backs. Likewise, as you said with Pharah when people here "RAIN OF JUSTICE!" :byodood: they all look skyward and anyone with a ranged ability is gonna pluck her out of the sky halfway through her barrage.

As an unrelated note I've found Sentry placement works the same way, it's a bit of knowledge I carried from TF2: everyone quickly knows the BEST sightlines for sentries so those are the first places they'll look. They don't expect Tobjorn's sentries to be placed any old place. A sentry two meters from the cart/point, sometimes sitting out in plain view, can do a lot of damage even at level one. As long as they're somewhere that can cover the fight they're major threats.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I like just using an ult for a single safe kill, depending on the ult. I'll just tire the tank whatever and feel good enough about it. Hog wild is hard to get great plays with so I just slam that bitch whenever all the time.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

teagone posted:

Crouch walk then.

"guys let's flank windowmaker"

*crouch walks to her over the duration of 20 seconds, during which she shoots down 5 allied combatants*

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The solution to widow is multiple apes or a really good widow. The sooner you accept this the sooner you will reach gamer nirvana and embrace tranquility

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Countblanc posted:

The solution to widow is multiple apes or a really good widow. The sooner you accept this the sooner you will reach gamer nirvana and embrace tranquility

All this time I laughed at the edgy Reaper/Widow only mains

who knew they held the secret to eternal wins

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Nehru the Damaja posted:

All this time I laughed at the edgy Reaper/Widow only mains

who knew they held the secret to eternal wins

Is Widow edgy? I figured people were just creepy about her butt + exposed cleavage (which ironically the pre-order skin makes more reasonable)

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Widow has a serious spinal condition and I wish everyone would stop sexualizing it

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Lady Naga posted:

Is Widow edgy? I figured people were just creepy about her butt + exposed cleavage (which ironically the pre-order skin makes more reasonable)

Add her being a sniper, a villain, and general creepyness about sexy girls in video games...yeah she's edgy in a different way.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I just assume people who pick Reaper for edge factor automatically assume they're good at sniping.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Countblanc posted:

i prefer to win and work toward accomplishing that goal when possible, in the video game

I would like a bonus multiplier every time a tank demands cart/objective pushing while I've got gold time for objective.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Some of Widowmaker's dialogue probably wouldn't sound out of place on Reaper (I think there's one line when you kill 3 people in a row where she's like 'I almost feel something')

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/pinkwardlol/v/70119307 - Starts at 2:38:00. I begin as Winston and get wrecked. Warning, the weirdo screams a lot.

Good match, you were right about him screaming. :catstare:

TheTatteredKing posted:

I like just using an ult for a single safe kill, depending on the ult. I'll just tire the tank whatever and feel good enough about it. Hog wild is hard to get great plays with so I just slam that bitch whenever all the time.

I like doing this too, and by that I mean I am incapable of using High Noon when it would net me more than 1 kill.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Help me with Reaper for a second:

My goal is to get behind the other team and come at them from an odd angle like Tracer right?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Yes. He needs to be point blank to get a lot of damage done, but the orbs will keep you alive.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Lucio is a fun and rewarding experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ny7co1eOlk

For someone, at least. I'm guessing those people below me somewhere were having fun.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Man, all this time I thought you had to kill someone with Genji's dash to refresh it. Turns out that any kill refreshes it. This changes everything!

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Having a LOT of fun with zenyatta tho my accuracy can be all over the place. I do land shots when it counts though!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Samara posted:

Help me with Reaper for a second:

My goal is to get behind the other team and come at them from an odd angle like Tracer right?

Exactly. Both of his abilities help with this actually. His wraith form moves faster and makes him invincible which is great for running though heavy fire to get through the team. You can pull it in front of the team and just keep running for a bit until they pull off to return to the fight if someone follows you. It's also great for peeling off when someone's about to kill you, and for capturing the point. Like Mei, you still count for capturing/contesting a point even if you're invincible. Meanwhile his teleport is incredibly powerful. Not as great in a pinch as you're totally vulnerable and immobile for a second or so before AND AFTER the teleport, so you can't use it in front of the enemy or you'll just get gunned down. It's range is pretty much wherever you can see, and you don't always have to use it to go up. Just covering a lot of distance really fast is great. I've used it to great success even blinking on the point from a long ways away.

Reaper isn't so great pushing payloads since the enemy tends to be a bit further away, but points often have a lot of cover on the edges forcing attackers and defenders to get up close, so he can be pretty damned good at taking or holding points. He can also be great for just harassing the point: stand on it for a few seconds to make the defenders turn around before fading off to the distance.

Also, shove your guns down people's throats. They are shotguns so they need to be close, they are also incredibly powerful shotguns. Your prime targets are anyone who isn't strong at close range, any juicy support, and anyone who's wandered away from the group. Also Roadhogs that are weak/not paying attention. That fat, jiggly pile of blubber fills up your shotgun circle so very well...but his scrapgun can wreck you just as easily as your reapers can wreck him.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

Alkydere posted:

Exactly. Both of his abilities help with this actually. His wraith form moves faster and makes him invincible which is great for running though heavy fire to get through the team. You can pull it in front of the team and just keep running for a bit until they pull off to return to the fight if someone follows you. It's also great for peeling off when someone's about to kill you, and for capturing the point. Like Mei, you still count for capturing/contesting a point even if you're invincible. Meanwhile his teleport is incredibly powerful. Not as great in a pinch as you're totally vulnerable and immobile for a second or so before AND AFTER the teleport, so you can't use it in front of the enemy or you'll just get gunned down. It's range is pretty much wherever you can see, and you don't always have to use it to go up. Just covering a lot of distance really fast is great. I've used it to great success even blinking on the point from a long ways away.

Reaper isn't so great pushing payloads since the enemy tends to be a bit further away, but points often have a lot of cover on the edges forcing attackers and defenders to get up close, so he can be pretty damned good at taking or holding points. He can also be great for just harassing the point: stand on it for a few seconds to make the defenders turn around before fading off to the distance.

Also, shove your guns down people's throats. They are shotguns so they need to be close, they are also incredibly powerful shotguns. Your prime targets are anyone who isn't strong at close range, any juicy support, and anyone who's wandered away from the group. Also Roadhogs that are weak/not paying attention. That fat, jiggly pile of blubber fills up your shotgun circle so very well...but his scrapgun can wreck you just as easily as your reapers can wreck him.

Awesome. Thanks.

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
https://fat.gfycat.com/GenerousAbleGroundbeetle.webm

well played

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad news bareback
Jan 16, 2009

REAPERSITIONING